• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Matchup Thread #35: Falco

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher

In this thread, post any contribution you have regarding the Falco matchup.

Keep these in mind when posting:
- What do we have against him?
- What to watch out for?
- Certain do's & don'ts
- Stage advantages and disadvantages.
- Any additional information or data necessary.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't get grabbed. Ask Kismet if he'll play you on Norfair.

For real when I'm not falling asleep.

Zwei Striker

Smash Apprentice
Well, for a start, refer to the chaingrab sticky for % and followups.

Now... my input.
- Ftilt is safe on shield as always (well spaced, of course)
- Don't you dare IAP'ing when the other falco is doing a short hop, he'll most likely laser you, then you fall down, then you get RCO lag, then he punishes the hell out of you.
- I like to do retreating sh dairs, since they take falco out of phantasm and just seem safe.
- Dthrow at high % can be a stock if you get a good read.
- If you try to jab → grab, the other falco can gran you first, don't try to start a chaingrab with that.
-Sdi the dair after the chaingrab or you are dead, btw.
- Short hopping with an airdodge → utilt works wonders as an approach for me.

I always seem to lose this match-up. CG -> Spike is stupid. Rack-up about 100% in damage for obvious grab attempts and they finally get it and then lose a stock due to failure in SDI onstage. Platform camping the first 40% has been effective to reduce any risk of being grabbed. A 40% lead is really nothing in this match-up when you can avoid being killed until probably 170%. Plenty of time to see if you can outplay the other Falco.

Rapid Jab should always be punished. SDI up/behind into Bair seems the simplest to pull off. Maybe someone else knows a better one.

I'm not entirely sure about the use of reflector. It seems an exceptionally margin gain for using it. You might momentarily regain lasering control.

A risky gambit at the start of a set is IAP -> grab attempt.

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
go to the ledge and just hit AAAAAAAA, then you will never get chain grabbed! The when your done with that you should do a lot of just standing there! The other falco will eventually side B to you or decide that your a joke! then show him what your made of

kismet2

Smash Ace
to avoid the chaingrab, just retreating dair>ff. if they roll into it they take the sourspot and if it hits their shield they can't grab you. i actually like the ditto now and it's pretty fun.

kismet2

Smash Ace
haha i love this game too much to get upset <3 but i don't know what stages falco can abuse against himself that wouldn't cripple him lol yoshi's is a good stage for that

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Depends on who I'm playing. I am comfortable on janky stages. I generally take a known Falco ditto to Lylat or Siege, ban FD, CP to either Brinstar or Delphino.

:phone:

Top Bottom