• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon vs Peach

lordhelmet

Smash Master

Taking the liberty of starting this. Feel free to make your own thread for any character you're having trouble with. Just make it look cute and follow this as an example and I'll update the Directory with your thread.

I will update and reconstruct these until I find a way that satisfies everyone.

Princess Peach

:peach: -2

As a start, the following things should be the basis of discussion (this is the kind of information I want for the summary, which unlike last time will be kept short):

Videos:
lordhelmet vs Mikey Lenetia

General Summary/Pointers:

1. Camp Peach with spaced Bairs and (RAR'd) Uairs
  2. Edgehog carefully against her as her umbrella has hitboxes
  3. Know that her only good killing moves are Fair and Usmash
  4. DI Peach's combos carefully
  5. Shieldgrab Peach's Dair
  6. Keep her in the air and spam Uair, she has the worst airdodge in the game

1. Stage Counterpicks:
  2. Battlefield
  3. Smashville

1. Stage Bans:
  2. Jungle Japes

Let's get some activity. Feedback/criticism is welcome until we get the ball rolling.

Discuss.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Falcon shouldn't have a hard time living against her, but dealing out some damage could prove troublesome. She also has a chain grab on falcon until roughly 30-40%.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
ive been using peach quite a bit, im not too familiar with her terminology, but watch out for Float Canceled aerials (??? not sure if its the right name), at low percents she can do some funky stuff like FC Nair->grab

PZ

Smash Lord
-One of the easiest characters to knee in the game
-Bair mixups are something to be afraid of especially since it can combo for quite awhile sourspot wise
-DI away when getting hit by any of her aerials cuz they will lead to more oppurtunities for peach
-Make wise decisions when getting juggled
-Learn how to react/punish each float canceled aerial
-Utilize turnips as they can easily lead to small but damaging combos
-Stay close to her or mid-range at all times unless your ahead
-Space moves or get naird
-Dash dance=effective approach

There was something about peach's jab that I forgot to mention but I guess'll remember later or so...

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
You can't shield grab peach's Dair when its well spaced + captain falcon has poor grabbing range, so we're going to have to think of another way to do a comeback or something.

Another thing you should keep in mind is when you wanna do your jab+grab combos on her because she can easily interfere with jabs.

Yung Mei

You can't shield grab peach's Dair when its well spaced + captain falcon has poor grabbing range, so we're going to have to think of another way to do a comeback or something.
what about uAir OOS?
doesnt peach also have jab->ftilt as a true combo?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Falcon's vertical grab range is broken tho.
If the Peach does her Dair from above (like she usually does) it's possible to grab her unless it's extremely well spaced. You can even buffer the grab to get her between 2 hits.

Jab > grab isn't safe because of her Nair, so Jab > shield instead, or Jab>Jab>Dtilt if she SDIs away.

When you managed to put her above you it's easy to bait a Dair/Airdodge, so empty SH/FH and wait for it, then Uair.

Be very careful when recovering, she can gimp you with turnips, Dsmash on the ledge (gay).

She can't airdodge when she's floating, so you can use that to get some free lulzy up B.

When edgeguarding her my strat is usually to edgehog at the last moment, causes her up B to go above the ledge and there it's a free Dair/knee. Beware though that Peach can delay her up B with float or her second jump. If that's the case gtfo the ledge as soon as you run out of invinciblity frames.

Well that's it for now, her only way to kill you early is edgeguarding and sweet Usmash (which won't happen if you're not stupid).
Mix up your recovery, don't fall into her Fsmash/Fair and you shouldn't die before 170%

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Another thing you should avoid is getting hit by peach's side-B even if you shielded it, because most players attempt to attack right back and they always end up getting caught in her Dair right after and their attack never hits unless it has good range or something. But we all know that falcon doesn't have a lot of safe moves. After her side-B hits it pushes her back into a decent amount of space for her to not get hit by your attack and to do a Dair>Uair>Uair(or just one Uair) which becomes a combo. So don't try to do a comeback right away, instead do one high jump and slide the control stick down>Bair or Uair, there's like a half chance she'll get hit by either one WHILE SHE'S DOING HER D-AIR. But keep in mind not all peach mains will attempt to do a Side-B on you.

I have fallen for the Side-B>Dair>Uair>Uair a lot of times in the past for being an idiot and trying to do a quick comeback instead of playing safe and waiting for the right moment.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Her side B is not a big threat because if you don't shield it at the last moment (like, if you don't try to PS it) but rather shield it early Peach will pass you without activating her hitbox, and will suffer a huge lag from whiffing.

It gives you enough time to punish her with at least Dash Attack, at best an hyphen smash I guess (never tried it but the lag really is tremendous).

Yung Mei

if we feel like being fancy, if she misses her side b, we could probably get her with AC dAir>Read>Follow up, tho i feel the follow up would most likely be a uAir

ALSO, we should note that her pivot grab is slow as **** BUT has really good range

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
I fought 2 or 3 Peaches at a tournament a few weeks ago. The Dairs and turnips were really eating me alive.

However, I found that dash danced u smash and f smash worked well since Peach's Dair duration is so long. Falcon's dash is amazing for stuff like that. It's just long enough to get out the way, and then his sliding/no sliding u smash or Salmon Fsmash has excellent range when they receive attacks.

It's still not an easy match up at all. My vote is 40-60 :(

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Check this out to see how much damage peach's turnips can if they have a certain face. And a few other items she can pull out of the ground. (Make sure you scroll down and go to where it says vegetables in-depth)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
BE CAREFUL TRYING TO UP-B DAIR

Good Peaches will bait it by grazing your shield with Dair and Uair lock you (And it hurts...)

I actually played my first Peach vs Falcon about a month ago (Lost though because I failed to tech something) It's not very hard but Falcon can abuse her addiction for floating and terrible air dodge for some cool Uair stuff. Pay attention to if she has a turnip when shes above you for obvious reasons I assume you could just catch it by timing the Uair but it may be a distraction for her to get back on the ground. Don't try to punish Fair, she'll just Frame 2 jab you if you shield it. DI Up through uair.

be careful ledgeguarding, Peach can Fair onto the ledge and jab any potential punishment.

To me it just seems like Falcon will wanna use lots of Uair but he still has to pay a lot of attention to her actions. A lot of his psuedo combos wont work as well because Nair is so fast. I just mash A (in any matchup) when I get caught in something and nair usually gets me out.

Edit: Also pay attention to the peach's float habits. If you get an idea whether they're floating to bait a reaction outta you, or to autocancel a fair, or dair you i speculate they'd be Knee of Justice bait. When Peach gets in the air they generally already have an idea of what they're gonna do, so every Float is a commitment sort of.

PZ

Smash Lord
Just saying now with new di standards I feel it is no longer 40-60 but slightly closer...

Aslo side b can just be fsmash or dsmash with timing or falcon dived if you wanna be a noob about it.

Work on catching and insta throwing turnips.
Use turnips for more creative game play with jump cancel throws and Z-dropping them.
Aerial spacing will save you from nair and our bair beats out ALL her aerials.

Top Bottom