• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Back-Flip Mega EXPLOSION! Results (LA, CA)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Double Back-Flip Mega EXPLOSION!
@ Occidental College, hosted by Sung666, DendyPretendy, & TheCrimsonBlur
March 10th, 2012

Doubles (12 teams)

1: lucky dog (s2j + mitchell)
2: westfahlz (wes + fly)
3: we are going to use our team winnings for a subscription to catfax (hyprid + stab)
4: finals suck (nardis + baka4moe)
5: Peligro + Manatee ()
5: Team DS (Sung666 + Dendypretendy)
7: pokemon masters (rex + jackal)
7: the ultra blur (ultraluigi + thecrimsonblur)
9: reish+scott pilgrim
9: Babies of Invincible Alcohol (mark + bosco)
9: Baka's fangirl + Commonyoshi
9: blindhobo+koopa ()

Singles (33 entrants)

1: s2j :falconmelee:
2: fly amanita :icsmelee:
3: westballz :falcomelee: :falconmelee: :foxmelee:
4: tafokints :sheikmelee:
5: hyprid :marthmelee:
5: stabbedbyanipple :falcomelee: :falconmelee:
7: baka4moe :peachmelee:
7: Merc :falcomelee: :ganonmelee: :foxmelee:
9: Peligro :peachmelee:
9: Manatee :jigglypuffmelee:
9: dendypretendy :jigglypuffmelee:
9: SUNG666 :foxmelee:
13: kyupuff :icsmelee:
13: Likewise :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
13: the crimson blur :marthmelee:
13: tonkatsu :peachmelee:
17: ultraluigi :luigimelee:
17: rabidjackal :falconmelee:
--pools cutoff--

Pools:
Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Pool 5

Pool 6

1: westballz
1: fly amanita
1: tafokints
1: s2j
1: baka4moe
1: stabbedbyanipple
7: Peligro
7: Manatee
7: hyprid
7: dendypretendy
7: SUNG666
7: the crimson blur
13: rabidjackal
13: tonkatsu
13: ultraluigi
13: Likewise
13: kyupuff
13: Merc
19: scott pilgrim
19: nardis
19: CommonYoshi
19: raish
19: poka
19: gsub
25: blindhobo
25: residentwaffle
25: rex
25: A3P
25: jocelyn
25: fatcow1
31: koopa
31: Bosco
31: Baka's fangirl

Will be uploading results to The Smash Player Database soon. Vids will be posted on stab's youtube channel.

Hope you all had fun! :)

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i entered as likewise so i'd appreciate it if you could respect that and not call me neighborhood p

i also used fox/marth

does anyone have dendy's # or facebook? iono if he checks the boards. i left my water bottle and surge protector at the venue. my water bottle is white with a black top that says SIGG on it; it's hard as metal. my surge protector is all black.

thanks for the advice wes, ggs to all, thanks for hosting sung/dendy

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
i entered as likewise so i'd appreciate it if you could respect that and not call me neighborhood p

i also used fox/marth
aight, fixed

does anyone have dendy's # or facebook? iono if he checks the boards. i left my water bottle and surge protector at the venue. my water bottle is white with a black top that says SIGG on it; it's hard as metal. my surge protector is all black.

thanks for the advice wes, ggs to all, thanks for hosting sung/dendy
Dendy: 612-720-7517

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
All I'm gonna say is, I shoulda made it out of pools, whack whack whack.
I'm glad merc got to play in bracket though.
You won 7 out of 12 matches = 58.333% win rate
Merc won 6 of 10 = 60%

So close :(

If you dropped ONE less game (say, like against fatcow1 wtf cameron), you'd have made it out. Also if I wasnt a scrub and had just taken a game off Merc. :/

GSUB

Smash Lord
I think you know I already know that.
But thanks for being kind enough to spit out the percentages for me.
naw, fatcow1 actually earned that win.
(Say, like that loss against you that you told me "the outcome of our match would't matter" before we played. and "our match was pointless. and just for fun." wtf crimson :/)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I think you know I already know that.
But thanks for being kind enough to spit out the percentages for me.
I wasn't trying to rub it in. I was being sympathetic.

naw, fatcow1 actually earned that win.
I didn't mean to take that away from him, but tbh man I dunno how you can say you deserved to make it out when I know you are good enough to have 2-0'd that set and not have to have worried about a thing.

(Say, like that loss against you that you told me the outcome of our match would't matter before we played? and our match was pointless. and just for fun. wtf crimson)
I also was running the tournament and wasn't sure exactly how the pool was going. The reason I thought you guaranteed made it out is because you told me you had already beaten Merc. In my head, I thought you also 2-0'd baka's fangirl and fatcow1, putting you at 6 wins, 2 losses. So even if I 2-0'd you, you'd have been at 6-4 and had won the head to head against Merc, guaranteeing you out of the pool.

If I made you sandbag, I'm sincerely sorry. That wasn't my intention at all. But I wasn't trying to trick you into playing bad or anything. You're my homie, I wouldn't do that.

GSUB

Smash Lord
I was just too lazy to do the math, so that basically cleared that up.

I gotta point out, you made a point to save all your matches till after everyone else played. I would think it would be hard not to know how the pool is going at that point. **** happens though, I guess.

When it comes to tournament, I don't play that ****. So good to know, and thanks. I hear you, no worries.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I'm also sorry that you had to be placed in a pool with stabbed I honestly don't remember that happening ugh... and it wasn't like that was the only way you definitely should not have played him.

Ggs everyone these might be monthlies stay tuned

Going back to falco, I forgot why I tried to play fox in the first place

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Good Tournament!

Fly - I got whooped by you so bad. I'll figure out this matchup someday. Thanks for the tips

Westballz - I thought I could take you, but you still showed that you're in a higher class than me

S2J - Always a pleasure. Congrats on the win!

Baka4moe - You'll get me next time

Stabbed - you too

Adam - it was great to play against your marth and talk about random shiz. We'll meet again soon?

Merck - Your fox is really good. Threw me off with the tricky mind games

Hyprid - You are also really good. Solid and quick!

Peligro/Manatee/waffles - missed you guys very much. Glad to see that you guys are doing well

Sung/Dendy/Tim Duncan - thanks for hosting

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
shoutouts:

manatee/dendy: thank you for beating me.

matt: thank you for beating me

merck: socal has upgraded with your presence. mad chill, thanks for the toke, i love old school mindgames

baka: money match me

wes: best advice ever.

johnny: better watch out. i dont like your game v sheik and im gunning for you!

the crimson blur: GINOBILI!!!!!!!!!!111111 did you see the study that said gregg popovich is worth as much to his team as a HOF? ****

raish: you have sick potential. let's work on improving that mindset. cant wait to play your IC friend

ben: youre getting there

jocelyn: if you love the game play as much as possible! practice when tvs are free! get in rotations! where you're at right now, the learning curve is particularly steep. you have to learn the basics; only then can you learn from getting *****. right now im worried youre just a punching bag and that's demoralizing and is why you're not playing. that is solved w/ practice

aye foo who else came to this?

daniel lee: we shoulda money matched. great to see you

jeremy: i gotta make a concentrated effort to play you in more friendlies

*** it im done

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
omg likewise you have no idea how happy i was when i found out you were a spurs fan

it was like finding water in the middle of a desert

Yeah, that article was sick. Pop is freaking amazing. There was also a recent one that confirmed that Parker is indeed the fastest PG in the NBA (he peaked at over 20 mph in game; next highest was Rondo at 17ish or something). Other than OKC, I don't think any team in the West has been particularly impressive so I think theres a chance we can make the WCF.

I'm hoping the Manu injury will help us in the end; I want him fresh for the playoffs. I think as long as we have a fully healthy team, we can put in work...

MercuryMercenary

Smash Rookie
yo this was an awesome tournament. i had a great time. you guys in cali are all pretty darn good and I enjoy the stiff competition. It cool meeting and playing all you guys and I look forward to the next time.

shoutouts to:
Peligro - yo thanks for getting me warmed up last week and a giving me a ride bro. and ggz!

G-Sub - yo lmao!! yeah you def surprised me in pools bro. ironically enough you and stab were the only ones that beat me in pools too lolz but yeah theres always next time bro. ggz!

Stab - Yo good games! you're def better than I thought youd be. hopefully i'll be ready for ya next time.

S2J - World's Best Falcon hands down and def ggz!

Tafo - Yo good games! Its been a while since I played a really good shiek player ggz!

Dendy - Dude you are mad cool and ggz!

Westballz - yo i look forward to the next time we play and good hanging with ya.

Crimson - I've played a lot of marths in my day bro lol. i look forward to the next time bro ggz!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Yooooooooo

UltraLuigi was at this?

Omg old school

:phone:
qft

he's back for good from the sounds of it

omg likewise you have no idea how happy i was when i found out you were a spurs fan

it was like finding water in the middle of a desert

Yeah, that article was sick. Pop is freaking amazing. There was also a recent one that confirmed that Parker is indeed the fastest PG in the NBA (he peaked at over 20 mph in game; next highest was Rondo at 17ish or something). Other than OKC, I don't think any team in the West has been particularly impressive so I think theres a chance we can make the WCF.

I'm hoping the Manu injury will help us in the end; I want him fresh for the playoffs. I think as long as we have a fully healthy team, we can put in work...
omg where'd you find that tony parker thing at?! 20 mph? wtf!

wasn't worried about manu until today... now the hip flexor? COME ON DUDE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
omg where'd you find that tony parker thing at?! 20 mph? wtf!

wasn't worried about manu until today... now the hip flexor? COME ON DUDE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
20.9 mph actually :o

And yeah, Manu just can't seem to stay healthy. First the ankle (olympics), then the nose (dirk), then the arm (grant hill), and now this. *sigh*

As long as everything lines up perfectly come playoff time, I'm happy...I'm sick of wasted seasons cause of injury.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I just saw the same thing, which one is lying, the thread or the video lol.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Westballz forfeited to Johnny, so that he had a shot of winning more $$ and attend NW Manifest

Top Bottom