• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon vs. Pikachu

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is a pretty rare character for high tier that's ranked 9 on the B tier and one who can use a chain grab with his d-throw and f-throw, follow by a few aerial combos.

Matchup = 30-70
Ratio = -3

Pointers:

1. Don't get grabbed from 10-30%
  2. If you get grabbed, DI the Usmash/Nair and you will always survive
  3. Jab cancels Pika's spam shocks
  4. SDI up and away out of Pika's dsmash and SDI other multi-hit attacks
  5. Watch out for Thunder and QAC
  6. Wall with Uair and Bair
  • CP:
  1. Delfino
  2. BF
  3. RC
  • Ban:
  1. FD

Pikachu is a small character, and small characters give the tall, heavy weight, and projectile-less characters like CF a really hard time. Now let me talk about the problems I've been having with Pikachu users: the main one is that I don't know which are the safest moves to use on a pikachu so you wont get chain grabbed at 10-30% and then get combo'd by his Uair>Nair.

In addition, is it ok to attack Pikachu from the air by using Bairs only or is there a better way? Because most of the time my moves never hit and I get kinda impatient and try to play it on the ground instead. I make sure to punish his shocks with my jabs and that forces him to approach me and use something like Fair or Nair, I shield them but I need to know a good comeback that will hit right after hes done.

Furthermore, is it always ok to do my jab>grab combos on pika? 40% of the time they don't work because his jabs or d-tilt interfere.

Finally, why is Delfino the best counter pick? I mean, in some parts of the stage its hard to approach him in the air and on the ground like when you get on the roof top, at the Shine Sprite tower and on the pillars.

Also, if you see any spelling errors and whatnot on this thread, please let me know so that I can edit this.

Labernash

Smash Lord
"Is there a batter way? because..."

Better, and capitalize the B in Because.

"Let me talk about... pikachu users,"

Replace "," with a ":" and capitalize your various Pikachu's.

The rest is fine; it's not an essay. ;)

FALCONS DOING WORK ON DA MATCH UPS!!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
When Pika does a neutral landing (like between 2 jab cancels) he's too low to be jabbed or grabbed.
>>>Don't try to jab Pika when he touches the ground, prefer Dtilt or Down Ftilt.

Pika can start his CG from 0 to 50%, so the best CPs are SV (camp the platform) and LC (tilting screws the CG). Moreover, he can end his CG with a footstool > QAC > Jab lock > Fsmash and kill you..

Jab and PS his thunderjolts.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
@Labernash, thanks man.

@Teluo, ok I'll just pretend that pikachu is falco. Because I usually platform camp/plank falcos when they wanna play gay by camping the entire match or set and avoid getting grabbed until I reach at least 35%. But if I'm not too comfortable with my lead, I'll be forced to approach him in the safest way as possible.

also what is neutral landing? This may be a noobish question but...

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Like if you jab Pikachu, he goes up in the air a bit. When you stop your jab(s) and try to grab him, he'll fall to the ground just before your grab lands. When he hits the ground, that's an instance of his neutral landing. What telu's saying is that he ducks down too low during this landing for Falcon to grab him with his tiny grab range.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
oh I see, I guess I'll go for the u-tilt or f-tilt downwards. Can d-tilt work also? To me its better and much more easier than pointing the f-tilt down

PZ

Smash Lord
Ok correcting forms of basic information
Chaingrab
-First of all his cg goes 19%-100 meaning don't get grabbed before 50 or 60%.
-Second if you face a really good pikachu he will most likely footstool you out of said cg n go for a 0-death with qac/jab lock so you must be ready for that if needed.
-Third the first 0-18% you can footstool<falcon kick pika.
Basic Gameplay
-Your goal will be to more patient then the pika player and only strike at mistakes oppurtunities or reads if your gutsy.
-We **** pika in the air with uair n bair
-Like Grimm said bair n uair spacing game must be at best
-tipped dsmashes/utilts/bairs(if auto cancel correctly) cannot be punsihed by pika
-Powershield tjolts so you will keep the lead
-If you get juggled you can DI up and away or down(only in certain specific situations)
-YI is a good stage to take pika as it messes him up a little and provides us with shenanigans
-PS1 also a good stage if you plan on doing the running away game

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Lylat does wonders as well.

Just keep your space and remember you can live everything.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Actually, you should never get grabbed before 120%.. which means you have to play a strict and patience-straining hit and run game for the entire set.

Delfino and RC seem to be the best CPs we have.

PZ

Smash Lord
Actually, you should never get grabbed before 120%.. which means you have to play a strict and patience-straining hit and run game for the entire set.

Delfino and RC seem to be the best CPs we have.
Ight lots of platform camping on delfino I likes...although walk offs/walls make pikas fthrow lock<dtilt lock gay<.<
By the logic of never getting grabbed before 120% you mean dont get grabbed period...
You shouldn't worry that much lordhelmet his dthrow only is dangerous when it is stale so your basically safe from it after 60% sense you will pop up from it in tumble animation if that is his first dthrow of course...

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Ok correcting forms of basic information
Chaingrab
-First of all his cg goes 19%-100 meaning don't get grabbed before 50 or 60%.
-Second if you face a really good pikachu he will most likely footstool you out of said cg n go for a 0-death with qac/jab lock so you must be ready for that if needed.
-Third the first 0-18% you can footstool<falcon kick pika.
Basic Gameplay
-Your goal will be to more patient then the pika player and only strike at mistakes oppurtunities or reads if your gutsy.
-We **** pika in the air with uair n bair
-Like Grimm said bair n uair spacing game must be at best
-tipped dsmashes/utilts/bairs(if auto cancel correctly) cannot be punsihed by pika
-Powershield tjolts so you will keep the lead
-If you get juggled you can DI up and away or down(only in certain specific situations)
-YI is a good stage to take pika as it messes him up a little and provides us with shenanigans
-PS1 also a good stage if you plan on doing the running away game
You're right, this matchup is not for those players who are too aggressive and desperate for the kill when the opponent has the lead; it takes good patience. Tipped d-smash, utilts, bairs and dtilts with AC are the safest ways to attack but make sure you mix up your approaches and other stuff in general.

Power shielding his jolts is only good when trying to approach. And PS1 isn't a good stage when it comes to the fire and rock field because they have walls and you can't wait for the stage to get back to its regular field because pika's jolts can run on walls, unless you feel comfortable with shielding all of them. The best stages to CP are RC, YI and BF imo

Top Bottom