• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Title Fight studies-my dissection of the Sony Smash bros.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Link to original post: [drupal=5089]Title Fight studies-my dissection of the Sony Smash bros.[/drupal]

As many of you know, coming soon there will be a Smash Bros.-like game Called Title Fight, which wiil be featuring a Motley Crew of Sony characters. In this blog, I will dissect the leaked hints, involving How the Characters will play, How the Stages effect the game, and potential charcters to be added.

But first, I should state all this info I get off the site of Paul Gale Network. while it sounds too good to be true, this man called the announcement of the games creation, The fact that a new studio was working on it(later revealed to be Superbot Entertainment) and the characters confirmed before ANY other outlet and before Sony announced the game being official. in other words, he is this game's Lupinko.

Here is the confirmed Roster(as of now, anyway):
-Colonel Mael Raedic(Killzone)
-Kratos(GoW)
-Parappa(PtR)
-Nathan Drake( Uncharted)
-Sly(Sly Cooper)
-SWeet Tooth(TM)
-Fat Princess(FP)

-in his recent blog, he has confirmed Jak and Daxter are in the game.
-a unknown female character of whom the T-body was shown in a screenshot.
-there is also talk of a character to go in the game so shocking it would make Snake in Brawl and Freddy Krueger in MK look tame in comparison. who is it? I'll adress it in a bit.

first, let's talk play style.

Basic gameplay

he stated the following facts:
-each character will have a colored ring around their body so the Player spots them easier.
-the camera and angle works the same way as it does in Smash: when fighters move far away, it strecthes, and when closer, it zooms in.

-the button layout is as such:

-Left AnaloG: move

-Circle, Square, triangle: Attack(light, medium, and feirce, perhaps?)

-Cross: Jump

-R2: super move

-he stated that the screen shows only your character icon and the Super meter(meaning no %?)

-each super meter can go up to 3 levels. he used Ryu from SF as an example of how each bar worked:

-Lv. 1 would be a powerful attack(possibly this game's version of Smash atacks?) he said this would be the equivalent of Ryu doing a Shinkuu Hadoken in SF4.

-Lv. 2 is pretty much an EX version of the Lv. 1, that does more damage. he said it would be like a Shinkuu hadoken that hit multiple times and such(Denjin hadoken?)

-Lv. 3 he say is much like the Final Smashes from SSBB. he said if Ryu had an upgrade like that, it would like like Samus' arm cannon FS in power.

-he state there are weight classes for characters, with Parappa, Kratos, Sly, and Nathan being Light, and ST, Fat Princess, and raedic being heavy.(note: this was before he confirmed J&D, though they would be light most likely.)

sso if I had to guess, from lightest to heaviest so far it would Be

Parappa
Sly
J&D
Drake
Kratos
Sweet tooth
Raedic
Fat Princess.

-he also stated they all retain their original looks. Nate looks like U3 look, Kratos like at the end of the GOW series, Parappa is 2D like in his games, and Sly is Cel Shaded.

-he also states that as strange as it sounds, the characters don't look out of place next to each other.

-to date, 3 stages are confirmed: a stage from LBP, Sandover Village from jak and Daxter, and in the last blog, the Bridge of Asilia from Lair.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Character analysis

in this secton, i will discuss the character info given and try to interpret it to how they might play.

Kratos

- Kratos will make people who like Pit from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, happy to play with. Kratos’ primary attacks are his chains. He also has a charge attack with his spear and shield that’s powerful, yet rather unwieldly. Kratos has a Level 1 bar attack where he plunges his chain into the ground and sparks fly. Kratos’ Level 3 super is him turning into his giant, armored super-self and using his huge sword that’s a 1-hit kill. His recovery move are his wings.
The most popular sony character in the US. at first i assumed a heavy bruiser, but then the blog states he would be in the light/middle weight cllass, so that's nullified. the Sheild is most Likely the Sun sheild, which gives him options vs. projectiles. I see it like a superslow version of the shine. having good range and power means that they may make his Move ment speed slow, like(I think) they did with him in Broken destiny. but with good range, power, and a reliable recovery, Kratos may be one to watch out for.

Parappa

- Parappa seems to have his original voice actor behind him. He yells out some of his popular phrases during battle. He kicks, has a boom box attack, and uses a skateboard as well. His Level 3 super involves him shouting, “I gotta believe” a few times which damages opponents to the point of dying. He also talks while re-spawning.
The most popular Sony character in japan.going by the Blog, he seems to be a close range fighter most likely, meaning his moveset can consist of kicking, punching, turning, and chopping doors. The boombox i am curiopus about-could it be a projectile, or does it shoot out soundwaves(like Puff's Sing attack in Smash?) since he's(assumedly) the ligjhtes character in the game, needing to rely on close range moves in a game that has a lot of projectile using characters could be bad for the Master Pup, but his skateboard attack could be an approaching option. I am curious about how his Supers will work-a theory of mine is his Lv. 1 consists of a U Rappin'Good combo, where he attaks with Words phoenix-Wright style. Lv. 2 is a ramped up version, with faster word strins. Lv. 3 Cranks it to U rappin Cool, with him in Freestyle mode-this makes me wonder, will it require button Presses like DK's FS?

Mael Raedic
- Colonel Mael Radec is a playable character and not Rico. Radec primarily uses guns in combat.
Unfortuanetly I don't know much about this guy, but going by his weight class(heavy) and him being a ranged Fighter, I would'nt be surprised if the Helghan has a Samus-esque playstyle(any killzone fans could help me out here, that would be nice)

Nathan Drake

- Nathan Drake’s moves involve him punching up close, but for most of his attacks, he’s an all-range fighter: he uses a pistol, grenade, and rifle. He’ll probably be the character that most resembles Solid Snake from Brawl. His Level 1 bar attack is him pushing over a statue onto his opponents. His Level 3 super is turning enveryone into defenseless monsters where he can then beat them up. His recovery move is a zipline.
My thoughts is that he may the Mario of this game. well rounded, with good options at close or longe range, and a decent recovery (that might be a tether?), he seems like an all-around type.His Lv. 3 is.....odd. may need to reserch that later. I'm thinking of maining this guy, personally.

Sly Cooper

- Sly Cooper uses his C-shaped cane for most attacks. His Level 3 super is like Snake’s Final Smash from Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The super begins with Sly disappearing from the screen, followed by an aiming reticule popping up. Bentley (yup, our turtle friend) shows up and gives you pointers to take out your enemies.
Basically seems like a close-ranged Fox. most likely a light character, who may be quick on his feet(he is a theif, after all), could be a combo-happy type. Lv. 3 may make up for a lack of a projectile game. I wonder if they could fit Murray in the Moveset, somehow...

Sweet Tooth

- Sweet Tooth has different nasty attacks with his Level 3 super being him turning into the mecha clown ice cream truck you all have come to love, and is equipped with a powerful gun.

The oldest Sony character confirmed in TF, and from sony's first breakout hit, Twisted Metal. later bogs would go on to describe him as a Ganondorf-like character, with slow movements but VERY powerful attacks. unlike G-money, however, the Killer clown has Projectiles, which makes him even more of a viable threat. his Lv. 3 sounds like the Robot you use in the Newest game, so expect a Giga Bowser-esque character.

oh, and as you all know, he's also the only character that has a screenshot out now:

Fat Princess

- Fat Princess’ Level 3 super involves a bunch of little elves coming out and throwing fireballs at everyone on screen.
Since Fat Princess(the game) played like a demented CTF, I expect her to use Elves for most of her moveset, so maybe a Dedede or heavy olimar like set is possible. she also could maybe use sweets to slow down enemies. outside of that, i got nuthin' so far.

Jak & Daxter

the mystery choice. since he has just been announced recently in December, but no gameplay details were explained yet. is it classic Jak, with Yellow Eco fireballs, his spin attack, and the Agrav zoomer? or Modern Jak, with gunplay, and Light and Dark Eco forms? is it a mix? is it both? this is a question I hope is answered soon.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Why are they leaving Snake out?
Well, according to Paul gale, they are focusing on Sonyb characters first,. then they said they will consider adding third Parties. It's worth noting that Paul stated that Snake is one of the top 2 3rd parties he wants in the game, with the other one Being Ryu.

anyways, new section!

Stages

as stated before, 3 stages have been confirmed. i will go in detail in the design info we know, pluus the unique features theuy have(that i am surprised that Smash hasn't done yet.

Sandover Village
so what is this unique feature that the stages in TF have that smash doesn't? Stage specific items. yeap, each stage has an exclusive item that is on that stage alone. these items are pretty much the equivalent of assist trophies, as each item summons a different Sony character to the feild. on this Level, the item is a Golf flag, which i don't reaslly need to say who it summons, since it's kinda ovious. here's the stage desription from PGN:

The Sandover Village stage itself is a fairly small island with multiple other islands in the background. As I mentioned before, there is a giant fish that swims around the bottom of the screen and you if fall into the water, it’ll eat you. The way you get back onto the island itself is by the waterwheel off to the side. It spins around and if you get to it fast enough, you can hop up it and resume the fight on the ground. If you stick around in the water for too long, the fish will KO you with ease. Also remember that this stage like others, has an arena-specific item: golf flag. When you pick it up, the camera will zoom in on the Hot Shots Golf characters in the background and they’ll begin to swing flaming golf balls at your foes.
LittleBigPlanet Level

the feature here is the Buzz remote, which may be the most OP item ever.

LittleBigPlanet’s stage has the best music of any arena yet at this point. That could also be a matter of opinion, but when it’s common for levels to eventually restart their musical score (sometimes more on the too noticeable and distracting side), the LittleBigPlanet stage seems to continue sounding pleasant all 3 minutes of the fight. I mentioned before that if you pick up a Buzz! remote, Buzz! himself will come on stage and ask you different trivia questions. Two examples I can give you that show the difference between “easy” and “hard” questions that the dev team is having fun with: 1) What game series is Kratos from? 2) What was LittleBigPlanet’s name while in development? Once again, jump on the platform with the correct answer and you’re safe. Answer incorrectly, and a pie coming from the screen (your perspective) will hit your character and KO him or her.
Bridge Of Eldin Asilya
ok, no the item here sounds really freaking cool. read on...

The Bridge of Asylia from Lair is purportedly being in development. The stage is expected to have Lair’s epic score playing, while the Asylians and the Mokai have their battle in the background. One idea is to have a stage-exclusive item be a Sixaxis controller (DualShock 3′s predecessor) and when you pick it up, your character will jump on the back of General Atta-Kai’s Blood Dragon which Rohn is riding, and you’ll have to tilt the actual controller back and forth to unleash a fiery blast on your three opponents below. I can’t wait to see it in action, because it sounds like one awesome stage (and the Sixaxis controller part would be a great homage to Lair).
so these are the 3 revealed stages. the custom stage items definately sound like they can bring spice to the battlefeild, though whether they can be turned off is a Mystery-and if not, don't be surprised if the LBP stage gets banned.

more updates soon.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Sony All-Star game with no Daniel Fortescue.

**** you SCE

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only way I'm buying this is if this so called OMGZ NOE WAYYY character is Lady ****ing Gaga.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The only way I'm buying this is if this so called OMGZ NOE WAYYY character is Lady ****ing Gaga.
Ok, it's not THAT shocking lol. but is one of those choices that makes you go.....huh?

Sony All-Star game with no Daniel Fortescue.

**** you SCE
list isn't final yet, so never say never.

anyways, last part(I think...)

Roster

Now the meat and Potates. as posted, the roster is as of now, the following:

Mael Raedic
Sly
J&D
Kratos
Parappa
Sweet tooth
Fat Princess

now I will go to explain characters that WILL be in, characters that SHOULD be in, charaters I personally want in, and a last reveal to influence the roster for you folks but first, an update on 2 topics.....

The T Body

I was thrown off at first at who it was, but then after studing the hair, and a confirmation by Brad silva(another assosiate of Paul,) it has essentially been revealed that the Character is none other then Nariko from Heavenly sword. after remembering her hair having a wild animation process, and seeing shades of red on the t-body, I feel this is true, though the news is still not 1005 confirmed(moreso 80%) so i'll let you decide.

and subject 2....

The suprise guest character
unexpected, to say the least. it is worth noting that he isn't fully official, but the team has him on the board as a charcter to go in the game. who is this oddball? well, it's no other then.....

yeah. I know right? this would be fairly shocking if JB got in, too-as he started as a book character and all. but at the same time, it makes sense. Paul explains more details as to why he is a canidate:

Q9] Which James Bond actor is being considered for the game and why the character at all?
A9] Part one of the question, Daniel Craig. Before going into part two, my recommendation is to have multiple skins that represent the other James Bond actors including Pierce Brosnan, Timothy Dalton, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, and Sean Connery. As for why, as you may know, Sony is helping MGM make the next James Bond film which is expected to see release in 2012. Similar to God of War 4 possibly debuting in 2012 as well, wouldn’t you want to time a game of this magnitude just right, to mesh well with your other properties? You can hopefully start to see the brilliance in how things come together.
Leave it to Sony to use their "Other" company associations to get an edge over their archrival. I mean Nintend can't exactly use influence as a card maker for SSB4, now can they? and if you think about the things from the series- wrist lasers, Jetpacks, his close range moves, THE GOLDEN GUN- he would be a perfect fit here. this is still not finalized, but if this becomes real, expect a huge ****storm here on our end(let's just hope the "Naruto for Smash" guys stay silent, OK?)

that out the way, let's move on.

Characters that WILL be in the game
these charactrs are ranked from "will most likely be announced next" to "has a snowball's chance in hell of not getting in". and they are...

Ratchet & Clank

Need i say more? we know all the carzy crap they can do, we know they are one of Sony's Biggest IPs, and even paul stated they are a No-brainer. let's move on...

Cole

even if he wasn't in street fighter x Tekken, Cole was built from the ground up to be like a superhero. his moveset potential is immense, to say the least. IGN came up with a neat idea on their wishlist that he could have a modified ruleset based on if it's good or Evil Cole, and I feel that could be implemented to diversify him even moreso from the others.

Sackboy/Sackgirl

admittedly making a good moveset for this guy may be a bit tricky, but ince they got Fat Princess in, he/she should be no problem. Maybe the Popit string could be a tether or something. plaus, imagine the alternate costumes....

Characters that Should be in
these guys should be fine, though there is that off chance they may not make it for whatever reason. JB would be in this rank, as well(just saying.)

Ape Escape Rep

we know one is going in, but it's just the question of WHICH one. spike is a popular choice(with his gadgets and Tiome net i'm not surprised), but my personal choice goes to main baddie Specter-just his first game moveset alone has him using Barriers, mind control, teleportation, and path guided Projectiles(pretty much how Mewtwo SHOULD have been in melee). he even has a potentail Lv. 3 already, by just piloting his Gorilla mech and wreaking chaos.

Nathan Hale OR Joe Cappeli

with a weapon pool(almost) as insane as R&C, a Resistance re should fit just fine. with the bonus of Being Part chimera, I would say Hale had the advantage, if not not for the problem of being, you know....

Gabe Logan

Main character of Syphon Filter,he would difference himself with his gunplay by having a more tactical style. and close range he wouldn't be to shabby either. Possibly fro his Lv. 1 and 2 he could use the virus as a weapon, and his level 3-pretty obvious-incorporates his trademark headshot technique.

Characters i want in
These are my personal choices, though I feel like I'm not the only one who thinks so.

sir Daniel Fortesque

one of the classic Sony characters from the Medievil series. his style would revolve around Swordplay of course, and he can also use some his weapons in the game as well(the musket, for example), but what makes him stand out is the ability touse himelf as a weapon. he can lob his arm as a bommerang, use his skull for attacls, and pretty much just go nuts. just think Link From smash, but slightly faster and more dead.

Dart

this guy is requested a lot for a reason. first, Legend of Dragoon is awesome. second, he would be the one Sony Classic who IMO fits most in this game. the battle system in LoD utilised combos, so the transition should be a breese. the real fun comes from his specials-his Lv. 1 and 2 cn turn him into a red dragoon form, with increased speed, power, and stamina, with the form lasting as long as the meter, much like in the games. but his Lv. 3 shoots him to Divine Dragon form, which lasts less time but gives him the ***DAMNED DIVINE DRAGON CANNON. nuff said.

Ellen OR Keats

these 2 are the main characters of folklore. their playstyle would mostly have them summoning all the folks to do the work for them. in a nutshell, they could hhave the most unique moveset in the entire cast, no doubt. Plus, Keats looking so much like Otacon could lead to a funny Snake vs keats entry.

Robbit

Don't be surprised if this guy is revealed last.as one of(possibly THE first) playstation franchie made by Sony after breaking up with Nintendo, this guy has symbolic importance to the company's history. with the ability to triple jump, nimble movements, and a projectile, this guy could be like Pikachu, only More annoying. since the game was about time, if he brought in the hourgalss items and other tools, he could slow down the area, allowing nasty setups and crazy gameplay overall. needless to say, Robbit is one of the characters I want to see most-maybe even more then the ones above.

3rd Party, DLC ideas and Overview to be added soon.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
What about Spyro? Is he a possibility, or is Skylanders his funeral?
Spyro is in the same boat as Crash(literally): since Universal took the characters away from Sony, it's really tough for them to get in.

speaking of 3rd Party, I'd say it's time to wrap this up.

3rd party

now as Paul stated on his Blog, they are mostly focusing on Sony characters first, then they would lean to third parties. also, they said the roster should be in the 20s, with more being added later on for DLC(my theory of how they will add third parties). also, they stated the top 3rd Party characters they want are the ones who helped define the Playstation Brand. going by this, here are the third parties I'd most want to see in this game starting with the most obvious:

Snake(Metal Gear)

one of 2 characters Paul wants in the game, probably the most requested 3rd party character, and for a good reason. this guy is more associated with the Playstation then actual Playstation characters-when MGS dropped in 1998, it pretty much was the game that would forever mark Sony as a heavy hitter in the cosole biz. and the Metal Gear series has since been used to promote subsequent systems, with MGS2 for PS2, Metal gear Ac!d for PSP, and MGS4 for PS3. in fact, Sakurai almost considerd not using him Brawl because of how major a character he was for Sony.
now you may go"wouldn't he just use his moves from Brawl?" I doubt it. for one, this game isn't going to have Nintendo's "no guns" policy, meaning he will have a much more variable roster then in Brawl. Otacon's Mini gear could be used, and they could even bring back one of my favorite weapons in the series-the M9 Tranqulizer gun from MGS2- and use it in his moveset(fire a shot for sleepstun to combos? aww yeah!) if they go with his MGS4 incarnation, he could get his stealth suit, which could be utilized in some way for defense, bring Snake's stealthy series gameplay into his moveset. and last but not least, he can smoke-and isn't that what he's known for best?

Cloud Strife(Final Fantasy)

Ol' chocobo head is the 2nd most requested behind Snake, and is undoubtedly the most Popular character in the entire series. while not a big deal now, news that Square would leave Nintendo to work with Sony was world shattering. of course going against a console with double the power as yours, you had to play a little sneaky, so with FF7, they made a comercial USING NOTHING BUT CINEMAS. like moths to the flame, people bought the game. but once insisde, they experienced a great RPG, with a(mostly) likeable cast, a plot twist that caught EVERYONE of guard, and a villain who is still ridiculously popular today.
Plus, the main character started the now cloassic RPG trope of "spikey haired guys with big swords".

moveset wise, Cloud should be just fine. they could easily Pull moves from Ehrgeiz and Dissidia and stick them on him, while also incorporating techs from his games.(motorcycle, anyone?) his Specials could have him summon spirits like Odin or Bahamut to attack the enemies. his lv. 3 is a no-brainer- Omnislash, which would pretty much be like Ike's great Aether on crack.

Lara Croft

while not as Popular now, in the Pre Angel of darkness era, she was more associated with the Playstation then Crash Bandicoot, who was the Mascot at the time. she also was the Most popular female character, who started the sex appeal era with female game characters. the Tomb raider serie was even popular enough to break into the Mainstream, being referenced on some Television shows like King of the hill. plus, she would fit in in a similar way to James bond- they are planning on revealing TF around the time the new 007 film comes out, so it could get hype. same logic applies here-she's getting a brand new game this year, so her being in this would be a good way to promote both games.

many people worry she would be a Nathan drake clone. if any thing, now showcases the potential of a seperate set more then ever. along with her trademark guns, she could utilize her harpoon gun from Underworld, or her new Bow and arrow in her upcoming game. they sould also play with her past games but having a certain T-rex come out and attack for one of her supers. needless to say, she has as much chance as being a Nathan clone as wario did being a Mario clone(hint: he wasn't)

one final little tidbit: Tomb raider was the game that started the rumored "nude code" craze in videogames. as Many People know, Naughty Dog(creators of uncharted) actually put a nude code in their first game. if they do character intros, expect to see a fun joke possibly play on this!

more info coming in a bit.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm going to take a total shot in the dark and guess that the "t-body" is Laura Croft.

EDIT: As a Smash Bros fan but also a Sony user, I'm very excited for this game.

Perhaps instead of Cloud Strife representing Final Fantasy as a whole, why not add in a more universal character? Say like a Moogle, Chocobo, or some "random fighter" (such as Combot or Mokujin from Tekken, using random modesets from other fighters) and simply name him Cid? Not only would that add in the random fighter, but also give a nod to Cid, the name itself which spans over all Final Fantasy games.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think a Tekken character would have a chance considering Tekken was pretty much Playstation-exclusive (besides Tekken Advance) for a little while

But yeah, I'm looking forward to this

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm going to take a total shot in the dark and guess that the "t-body" is Laura Croft.

EDIT: As a Smash Bros fan but also a Sony user, I'm very excited for this game.

Perhaps instead of Cloud Strife representing Final Fantasy as a whole, why not add in a more universal character? Say like a Moogle, Chocobo, or some "random fighter" (such as Combot or Mokujin from Tekken, using random modesets from other fighters) and simply name him Cid? Not only would that add in the random fighter, but also give a nod to Cid, the name itself which spans over all Final Fantasy games.
Could you be more boring?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Third parties? Master Cheif would blow my ****ing mind~

But, anyways, honestly I like how this game looks. Is the roster that was comfirmed the same as when the news was released? With mai boi Paruppa and Kratos?

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Could you be more boring?
Can vanilla be more white?

I do think some sort of "random" character could be added in. Giving the apparent surrealism this game is getting, could be easily done. I'm figuring they would given Tekken, SC, Street Fighter, all have at least one random fighter.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This game is gonna be mediocre at best. I'ma call it! (just like I called the Kinect and Move or whatever the hell that crappy piece of technology is called) :awesome:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm amazed nobody's even mentioned xXx_SSJ5OMEGADARKSHADOWFIRESEPHIROTH_xXx

I thought he was a really popular Final Fantasy character.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, because Vanilla isn't white; It's a light tan :troll:
:joyful:
Wonderful!

Back on topicish, I do think one Tekken character should appear, given the franchise only comes out on Playstation. I'm going to guess either Kazuya, Jin, or Heihchai

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm amazed nobody's even mentioned xXx_SSJ5OMEGADARKSHADOWFIRESEPHIROTH_xXx

I thought he was a really popular Final Fantasy character.
Yeah but instead we're going with a random **** and he'll be named Cid.

See when I put it like that, the absurdity of the idea really takes a life of its own.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tbh I don't really see wtf Sony's making and all star game for.

They don't actually have many All Stars.

Yes they have recognisable characters, but outside of Sony fanboys, nobody really gives a **** about half the characters.

Mario, Yoshi, Link, Pikachu etc, they are all megastar pop icons. Smash Bros. has casual mainstream drawing power, but a Sony All Star game seems a little wat.

It's not a knock on Sony, like I mean **** I'd buy a PS3 if they made a MediEvil game and put Fortescue in this fighter, but quite frankly I just don't feel Sony's built any iconic mascots, instead it's just a bunch of 3rd party exclusives.

MS at least has the Chief.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Listen: All the systems need to some together to make the ultimate All-Star fighting game that would crush Street Fighter and pee on Mortal Combat.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Tbh I don't really see wtf Sony's making and all star game for.

They don't actually have many All Stars.

Yes they have recognisable characters, but outside of Sony fanboys, nobody really gives a **** about half the characters.

Mario, Yoshi, Link, Pikachu etc, they are all megastar pop icons. Smash Bros. has casual mainstream drawing power, but a Sony All Star game seems a little wat.

It's not a knock on Sony, like I mean **** I'd buy a PS3 if they made a MediEvil game and put Fortescue in this fighter, but quite frankly I just don't feel Sony's built any iconic mascots, instead it's just a bunch of 3rd party exclusives.

MS at least has the Chief.
It can draw interest to the other franchises, whether it is through downloaded sales, or future installments. This game is definitely dedicated towards Sony fans as you say, so most should be able to recognize the icons of this generation (Drake, Ratchet, Sweet Tooth, etc.)

With that being said, there will always be characters people know very little about. In Smash, I did not know much about Captain Falcon, Ness, Game&Watch, Marth, Pit, etc. However, it did give interest, and just look at how successful the recent release of Kid Icarus has been.

Anyways, it feels like there haven't been many updates on this. I hope E3 sheds more light on this.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Demon's Souls rep would be awesome, but I think it would have to be an NPC since the player character doesn't have a defined appearance/ability-set. False King could work, his soul-steal move would make for a great grab special.

Top Bottom