• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #3 Results

BSP

Smash Legend
Baton Rouge Monthly #3
Baton Rouge, La.
3/17/2012

MK Legal Tournament (Unity + Brinstar/RC banned)

Bracket

1: Lee ($33.00) :metaknight::zerosuitsamus:
2: BSP ($18.00) :luigi2::falco::sonic:
3: Jnig ($6.00) :wario:
4: Brawlman1000 ($3.00) :sonic:
5: MAR :diddy::metaknight:
5: Adam :diddy::dk2:
7: Freddy :metaknight:
7: Okuser :snake::metaknight:
9: Turazrok :olimar:
9: Dave01 :marth:
9: Running Bull :gw:
9: V :peach:

MK Banned Tournament (Full Unity)

Bracket

1: Lee ($30.25) :dedede::zerosuitsamus:
2: Jnig ($16.50) :wario:
3: BSP ($5.50) :pit::falco::luigi2::mario2:
4: MAR ($2.75) :diddy:
5: Okuser :snake:
5: Gunner :pikachu2:
7: V :random:
7: Brawlman1000 :sonic:
9: Running Bull :gw:
9: SumiT
9: Dave01 :ness2:

Help me out with characters plz

Shoutouts

Lee- Good stuff as usual, consistent as always. I'm going to train my falco to be able to take you on in the future ^_^

Jnig- This is the first time I've beaten you in tournament O_o Luigi will have to be banned. Lol, but seriously, ggs, and you brought it back in MK banned. I've got to train so I can take you to last games consistently. Thanks for coming out

BSP- Not too bad this time around. I've got to work on my Falco.

MAR - Thanks for coming out again and ggs. Seems like we're still dead even :laugh: I'm going to learn the Falco Diddy MU, so be prepared for next time! GGs

Brawlman1000- Good stuff at this one. It seems that our iron wills have finally broken, eh? We're both going to seconds! No shame though, and more power to you. GGs and I hope to see you at the next one.

Adam- gucci as always. I knew what was coming when I saw DK and Snake on the character select screen lol. You just had to bail out though, didn't you? :mad: Oh well, good stuff as usual Adam.

Freddy- ggs this time. I've stepped up my game vs. MK by going to a somewhat even MU lol. Let's play again next tournament and thanks for coming out. And thanks for finally giving me the venue fee :laugh:

Okuser- good stuff. We didn't play this tournament :( but thanks for coming out as usual man.

Turazrok- You and Adam like being difficult lol. You know, if you practiced more, I know you'd do much better. Come on, our brawl scene is picking back up, get back into it! Thanks for coming out.

Dave01- ggs. I learned how to fight Ness from Wifi lol. Thanks for coming out.

Running Bull - We didn't play this time X_x I'm going Falco next time I play you, so be ready!

V- what happened? Oh yeah, you said you didn't practice :smirk: Keep at it Vaughn, we're picking back up!

Gunner- Stop Sd'ing and you will be gold dude. GGs, and keep cool when you've lost momentum! You only send yourself into a downward spiral if you lose your concentration. If you keep getting hit, just back off for a little bit and get some control back.

SumiT - we didn't play X_x But thanks for coming out

Thank you Jnig, Vaughn, and Gunner for supplying TVs. I will waive the venue fee in the future for supplied TVs.

There probably won't be a BRM in April since I will be really busy during that month, but it'll definitely be back up in May. It will be MK legal in singles, and I'm thinking about what I'm going to do with MK in doubles. It will either be a 1 MK limit or banned entirely. I'll let you all know.

'V'

Smash Lord
I went all Random for MK Banned.

Yeah, I just wasn't feeling it today. I was really tired. No johns, though. I should've just practiced. I've been playing too many games lately. I'll probably just chill and play for fun for a while.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Fun tournament, the attendance was rather low but overall it was fun.

SHOUTOUTS!!!

Lee: Didn't play u but you're still to good.

BSP: GGs in our sets and great job beating JNig! You're definitely 3rd best in LA. And yeah I'm thinking about picking up Marth but I feel like I can do sooooo much better with Sonic. Also, after finally placing 4th again it gives me even more drive to stick with Sonic, but I'll see. Anyways had fun and looking forward to the next one!

JNig: GGs in our sets too. Looks like I'm able to take u to game 3 but I can never seal the deal...maybe its cuz I refuse to camp...oh well maybe some day. Also, Y U NO UPLOAD VIDS ANYMORE?!?

Bman1K: Good job on 4th!:bee: But to bad on 7th.:( Looks like you're getting better vs MK too bro so good ****! U really should consider getting a secondary tho. Is it weird that I'm talking to myself like this?

MAR: GGs in our games bro. Next time tho I demand ye bring forth thou Diddy so I can take vengeance upon it from BRM#2! Haha. Anyways glad u were able to make!

Adam: Fun set. Game 1 was super close but I managed to defeat u. Good job overall and shoutouts to u for making a Combo Video on Okuser.:awesome:

Freddy: GGs in our friendlies. You've got a good MK there. Once u started spamming Tornado tho, u kinda shut me down :urg: but it was still close. Also, u were funny as **** dude!

Okuser: GGs in our friendlies too. You've got a pretty solid Snake (no pun intended) and MK there. Don't let the Kongs beat u like that tho, you've got the advantage in both MUs (according to the BBR MU chart) now all u need is the practice and u'll be good.;)

Turazrok: Stop dissing Sonic so much u slowmo. >.>

Dave01: Don't think I played u but thanks for coming.

Running Bull: GGs. U've got a good G&W but my Sonic is just a little bit better.;)

V: Dang bro didn't do very well this time around. Snake can be a pain in the *** tho. Maybe u would have done better if u were holding Victini....

SumiT: GGs in all our games bro. U'll get better the more training u do and the more tourneys u attend. Hope u continue to come out!

Gunner: Fun friendlies bro. Thats a good Pika ya got and we'll get that MM in eventually. And like BSP said work on dem SDs and u'll do even better.:)

Welp guess thats every1. Fun tourney, and everything ran pretty smoothly so I've got nothing to complain about. I for one cast my vote for MK legal in singles and MK banned in doubles. That sounds pretty fair to me and I think its sumthin all of LA can enjoy.

Okuser

Smash Ace
SHOUTSSSS

Lee- had a lot of fun playing all those friendlies with you, feel like I learned a lot.

Jnig- supa pro

BSP- I never get to play you at these tournaments... I really want to so next time if we dont get a tourney match against each other I'll just money match. I'm pretty sure the only time I've played you was at my first tournament ever so it'll be good to see how much has changed. ALTHOUGH you are probably one of the ONLY "top players" in the state that is still actually improving

MAR - Theres no reason I should've lost an MK ditto to you, after all the mk ditto practice I had with Lee Martin pre-tournament... I was playing ********, and I also shouldn't have switched to snake. But in the mk-ban tournament we had a pretty decent set, if I had been playing just a little better it would've been extremely close.

Brawlman1000- haven't gotten to play you in a tournament match yet, can't wait though.

Adam- LOL. I mentally gave up on the set after you dunked me on the first stock.

Freddy- gg had fun hanging out as usual

Okuser- YOU ALWAYS PLACE BETTER IN THE MK-BAN TOURNEYS WTF

Turazrok-

Dave01-
Running Bull - SUCH A CLOSE SET WITH ADAM... **** MANNN YOU SHOULD'VE WON THEN WE WOULD'VE PLAYED EACH OTHER IN LOSERS AND BOTH OF US WOULD'VE GOTTEN 5TH.

V- gg

Gunner- LOL SORRY I MISSED YOUR MATCH VS BSP

SumiT -

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Lee - I hate that you can 3 stock me as you please... But it's impressive as hell that there is such a huge skill gap between us.

Jnig - Sonics are a pain in the *** eh? Good **** against Lee, Castle Siege DD vs. Wario is some ****.

BSP - Everyone is really impressed with your victory over JNig. You really showed you're still striving to improve. Inspiring! I'm so salty I SD'd. I can't imagine how I messed up that simple quick attack. I wasn't at all prepared for anything but sonic! Good work :).

MAR - Nice placing 4th, you've obviously proven you deserve a PR spot. Keep it up! I wish we got to play. We should spam some friendlies next tourney.

Okuser - Tied me for 5th with your secondary...good ****. I think it's pretty clear you deserve a PR spot.

Gunner - I had a tough bracket (Bye, V, Lee, BSP) so I'm pretty happy with my placing. I got several QaC locks off, which is super satisfying, because I spent tons of time in training mode...BSP is right though, I really need to learn to keep my composure when behind.

V - VAUGHN. You disappointed me! Our match last BRM was super hype, and really fun. That lackadaisical randoming bull**** is for friendlies. I showed up to play at tournament level, and you didn't deliver. Your peach is awesome and you're fun to play. Don't give up on brawl. And step it up.

Brawlman1000 - Fun friendly* :(. We need to play WAY more next tourney for sure. I'll try to improve my money situation so we can get a real good match on, MM style. DI my down smash!

Running Bull - You ****ing suck. Good match against adam though, you certainly should have won. If you keep attending tournies I KNOW you'll place well. No one knows what to do against your G&W tactics. If anyone needs MU advice to be able to beat this guy's G&W just hit me up.

Adam - Wish I got to play you, but we entered 2 different tournies. GJ wrecking Okuser and Running Bull, they deserved it. MM sometime?

Freddy - Good ****, keep coming out. Your mk is fierce.

SumiT - I didn't get to play you, but thanks for coming. KEEP coming to tournies, we always want to scene to grow.

Dave01 - Same as SumiT.

Otherwise, fun tourney. Keep coming out everyone. And I'm glad you're keeping MK legal BSP. Good stuff.

Top Bottom