• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Az At Heart.

k9.

Smash Ace
The Japanese Ruleset
K9/Shawn: 480 343 6799
KiraFlax/ Kevin: 480 294 9440

Entry Fee singles : 10$
Entry Fee Doubles: 5$ person.
Payout:60/30/10 (This can change depending on how many people show up.)
Doubles: 2:00
Singles: 4:00

General Rules:
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be Best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off

Limiting Rules/Bans:
1. No using infinites for stalling purposes
2. No bugs/glitches of any kind
3. No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
4. Ledge grab limit of 50
5. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Exceptions to Rule 5:
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage.
[There is one other exception, but I don't understand it. I'll update this once I get a clarification from RAIN, or if someone else can figure out what it means from the Japanese version.]

Stages:
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Set Format:
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

Timeouts:
In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock.

Address: 6923 S 50th dr. Laveen AZ. Zipcode 85339.

WELCOME BACK JUSTIN!

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Event location is not in the description, yo. ;)

Pretty hyped for this tourney btw, especially since I found out recently that I'll be able to make it. :D I'm also looking forward to meeting Justin; I've seen him at countless anime conventions but I've never talked to him, not to mention he's a fellow Texan. <3

Also, what a perfect name for this tourney. :)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
If someone can give me a ride, it'd be great. :D

And if someone is planning on on heading back east/north at a decent time and can give me a ride, that would be great too.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
sweet.

i need to work on taking stevens spot on the pr :p

will be fun

im also bringing a friend i worked with see if hes interested on joining the scene

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I agree with Wafty! We need to do some tweaking to the Japanese Ruleset and I will let you guys know soon if I can make it this weekend! I want to see Justin <3

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Bryce, I am pretty sure that pools will not be done by the time you get there, so you will still be eligible to join. Totally do it so I can beat you this time :D.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
i really wish i could make it to this but its my B day weekend and i already made plans sorry guys.

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
How about we do japense rulset with all the other legal stages expect for Rainbow and Brinstar(Even though i fuking love those stages). Keep MK and the Stages!(except for RC and BS) can we atleast try it?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Let's wait til next season to experiment with the ruleset- we're almost done with the season after all. It would also be more fair that way, as that will allow the entire community to know in advance that changes will be occurring.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
You'll bring it back next season! <3 You're still the hardest person for me to face in the scene, so that has to count for something.

And just to clarify, the last tourney this season is on the 31st, so you actually still have a chance to bring it back. ;)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Okami's tournament on the 31st unfortunately happened to coincide with the general date which we wanted to hold our APRD, so we decided just to hold it there and then.

Top Bottom