• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 38: Comicpalooza 2012 - GUARANTEED 1000$ POT BONUS

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

HOBO 38+ComicPalooza
* to enhance your reading experience, listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkej-0RaDk while viewing the thread *​

Comicpalooza's mission is to be the best and biggest annual multi-format pop culture convention in the southwest region of the United States, serving not only the fans of comics, science fiction, fantasy, video and table top gaming, anime, music and film, but also as a trade show and showcase for the studios, publishers, and manufacturers in those industries. This year, they are trying to expand/branch out to the video gaming community here in Houston and have asked me to run a smash event at their facility. ComicPalooza has also offered GUARANTEED 1000$(cash) as a pot bonus for this event AND an extra 500$ pot bonus if pre-reg numbers are high(how "high?" i do not know yet). For more information on what ComicPalooza is about, go to their website at http://www.comicpalooza.com/

Venue: George R. Brown Convention Center

Date: May 26-27th, 2012. Its a Saturday and Sunday.

Address/Location:
George R. Brown Convention Center
1st Floor
1001 Avenida de las Americas
Houston, TX 77010

Here is the address's website http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/

HOBO 38/ComicPalooza fees:

Venue fee=35$
If you PRE REG the venue fee is 35$. If you don't, it will go up over time and hit its max of its 45$(this is also the "at the door" reg fee). Pre Reg here http://www.comicpalooza.com/comicpalooza-attendees.html

1vs1= 20$
10$ goes to reg 1vs1 pot.
5$ goes to Amature 1vs1 pot.
5$ goes to WHOBO 4 pot bonus.

2vs2=20$
10$ per person.

Events/Times:

Saturday

Time | Event
12:00pm| Sign-Ups/Practice
1:00pm| Brawl 1vs1 Pools
7:00pm| Brawl 2vs2 Bracket
12:00am| GET OUT

Sunday

Time | Event
12:00pm| Sign-Ups/Practice
1:00pm| Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
3:00pm| Brawl 1vs1 Amature Bracket(people who failed to make it out of pools)
6:00pm| GET OUT

Live stream/Twitter:
http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

__________________________________________________ _

HOUSING

ComicPalooza has reserved a block of hotel rooms for ComicPalooza attendees. If you wish to try and grab one of those rooms, go here http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/H/HOUCVHH-1CP-20120523/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

if not

Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Comicpalooza. It will show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue.

or

If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread! In general, Sync is pretty much the only one who houses but he usually houses about 30 people.

Sync=(713)-201-8338

__________________________________________________ ___

SETUPS

Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament. Im looking for 20 or more full set-ups. PLEASE help me out with this.

__________________________________________________ _____

PAYOUT

Payout for 1vs1
1st=45% of normal pot +200$(20%) of pot bonus
2nd=25% of normal pot +140$(14%) of pot bonus
3rd=11% of normal pot +90$(9%) of pot bonus
4th=8% of normal pot +50$(5%) of pot bonus
5th(x2)=4% of normal pot +20$(2%) of pot bonus
7th(x2)=1.5% of normal pot +10$(1%) of pot bonus

Payout for 2vs2
1st=45% of normal pot +200$(20%) of pot bonus
2nd=25% of normal pot +120$(12%) of pot bonus
3rd=15% of normal pot +80$(8%) of pot bonus
4th=10% of normal pot +40$(4%) of pot bonus
5th(x2)=2.5% of normal pot +10$(1%) of pot bonus

Payout for Amature 1v1
1st=50%
2nd=30%
3rd=15%
4th=5%

RULES

Unity 2.1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Tesh

Smash Hero
So everyone (even us pros) have to pay into the amateur pot?

pics of tournament room before i confirm

Xyro77

So everyone (even us pros) have to pay into the amateur pot?

pics of tournament room before i confirm
yes. everybody pays into the amature bracket but only the people who die in the pool will be able to try and claim it.

It's a convention center lol....it's huge.
its in the "Grand Ballroom" and i dont have a pic cause ive never been there. Its a SciFi convention so its gonna be massive. like whobo 1 and 2 size

Tesh

Smash Hero
It's a convention center lol....it's huge.
Even large buildings have small uncomfortable rooms for events they don't care about.
Well that sounds just GRAND!

2 big events in a little over 3 months. Should be exciting regardless.

Xyro77

Even large buildings have small uncomfortable rooms for events they don't care about.

2 big events in a little over 3 months. Should be exciting regardless.
I guess you never went to WHOBO 1 or 2 or George R Brown convention center. Holy **** man, you NEVER stop complaining.

I know this event is short notice but they offered me 1k in pot bonus so i either had to pass it up and focus on whobo or take on this event and have it help feed whobo. Either way BOTH events will have a huge pot bonus

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm not complaining, I'm inquiring so I'm prepared for whatever conditions will be like. I can link you to some of my complaining after tournaments if you like. I'm actually trying to avoid complaining here.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lol, that 2nd room looks far too godly for any Smash event. I wouldn't wanna get tired just walking to my next match.

That first room looks pretty awesome, especially if you can make use of those big screens for brackets and important matches.

Tesh

Smash Hero
One last question for now. Can you find out exactly when the venue fee goes up? I figure the deadlines be pretty quick and I also see the site mentions "no refunds" so I wanna know if I need to buy before a certain date to save myself 15 dollars.

Xyro77

One last question for now. Can you find out exactly when the venue fee goes up? I figure the deadlines be pretty quick and I also see the site mentions "no refunds" so I wanna know if I need to buy before a certain date to save myself 15 dollars.
Rule of thumb=BUY NOW.

Ill try and find out when the prices go up but its safe to assume it goes up by about 5 dollars each month.

Xyro77

Yea this isnt your normal HOBO u see on das street. this is an advanced HOBO

Xyro77

Whobo 1/2/3 were convention tournaments and things went fine. Relax kiddo, I'm an expert.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Xyro77

It's a con, I have no control over pot bonus/venue fee.

The venue fee for this is actually low. Remember whobo 1/2/3 fee? 55$.

This was an event with pretty much free 1k bonus. I couldn't pass this up.

:phone:

Top Bottom