• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batou's Monthly 8 (Metaknight Banned) Powered by Evolution Games

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou's Monthly 8

Another brawl tournament by NeoBatou.
Big shoutouts to everyone to making this possible and the past tournaments possible as well.
Every tournament possible, we're putting DFW back on the map.

Schedule

First off here is the address again:

6212 Mccart Ave
Fort Worth, TX

Signups will begin at 2:00PM

Signups WILL close at 1:30PM just to make sure we can get most people in.

If your not here by 2:00PM or if you haven't called in advance to make arrangements, you will not be entered into the tournaments. I don't care who you are, I can only be generous for so long.

Doubles will begin at 2:15 to get things rolling.

Singles will start shortly afterwards.

General Rules/Store Policies

The tournament organizer is NeoBatou, however Denti will also be helping with things as well. I now have a few more added rules.

1. Do not give your money to anyone but me. When you first come in, you will chill for a while and I"ll ask everyone to wait outside in a line. You will first give your venue fee to the employees at Evolution Gamez then you will follow that line to my tournament area where you will hand your money to me to get signed up. Realize that I am not an ATM, so people who have change will sign up first. So to make sure your good to go, come in with change ahead of time.

2. I"m gonna ask that only Denti/Sync/Xyro or any knowledgeable TO to help me with seeding.

3. If you are out of state or our of town and you need housing, consult with Denti, Infinity or make a post on the tournament thread so we can get you housing. We love our Houston, San Angelo, Austin and any other players not in the DFW too, so make sure you get with us so we can make your stay that much more enjoyable.

4. Please bring set ups...especially setups that have the ability to record any match at any time length. This will enable us to record our matches for viewing pleasure online on youtube and Smash World Forums for critique. This will also help to make the tournament go more smoothly.

5. Bring your own controller. It'll make things better for everyone. Thanks for checking out the rules.

Payout/Tournament Fees

Store venue fee is a flat rate of $5 dollars. (No refund)

(NEW) Brawl singles entry fee is $10 a player (No refund)

Brawl doubles entry fee is $5 PER PLAYER (No refund)

When I make the bracket, there will be no refunds (only in extreme cases) so please make sure you are able to play.

Bringing in your own setup will not affect/waiver this fee, but it would be helpful.

Singles:
1-39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 -79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles:
1-19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Links

-My facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415471004

-Evolution Games http://www.wix.com/evogamez/evolution#!

- IMPORTANT: If you need to personally ask me anything here is my number
817-707-1698

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Reserved.

By the way I'm starting a pool. This will be based on the number of people who actually vote.

For a possible side Event we have :

Highlander teams
Low tier singles
Mid tier doubles
Duelist PRO
Nigglypuff Challenge
Skyworld random teams
Wasseda Doubles

Pick one, vote on it and we'll see what we'll do for a possible side event.
Remember we gotta have time to do it, so early during the tournament I"ll get a bracket going.
Each event besides Mid tier doubles will be a dollar per player. Winner get's STORE CREDIT.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'm trying to plan my weekends in April so I can ask off for tournaments, Batou should probably move this event to April 28th.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
This is the same day as my tournament Revolution 11. Also the same day as the Melee tournament that's going to be at mine.
I can move it to the 28th Denti.

It'll be better this way.

Highlander teams are basically you and a partner play random, on Hyrule Temple, with the handicap on 2.0

Try it out. It's pretty fun. It's a great way to help your tech skill.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
We have a conflict of interest. It seems like the store has plans for the 28th and so I have to schedule this on the 21st. What I can do is see who can schedule a tournament at his/her place so we can do it on the 28th still, but not at evolution games. I"m gonna look around since I have time and see my options. If I can't find somewhere else to hold my monthly then I'll have to cancel it until next month.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I could.......but in a sense that's like taking away from Denti's tournament.

But I guess it couldn't be helped this time around.

I'll leave the decision to the players on which one they want to attend.

Remember it's going to be on the 21st, it's the same date as Denti's Revolution 11. So that weekend you have the option to participate in a Mk or a non mk ban tournament.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Batou, you do realize that you won't have enough interest at your tourney, because everyone else is going to be at Revolution 11. You will probably have to cancel for this date anyway.

:phone:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou, you do realize that you won't have enough interest at your tourney, because everyone else is going to be at Revolution 11. You will probably have to cancel for this date anyway.

I"m changing the date to the 28th and we'll have it at another venue.
Probably at Kbots or another place of my choosing.

Denti

Smash Master
Do people want MK banned that badly? I might just make mine MK banned since enough people want it that way. Can't have a tournament without attendance.

I don't know if I will though. MK should be legal and I firmly believe that.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
MK should remain legal. :) I have been practicing my MK banned character a lot more though (for this upcoming HOBO)... but afterwards I'll be back to focusing on MK, so please keep him legal.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
With the way things are going anyways I'll h ave to cancel this until next month.

Got a lot of random stuff that keeps happening.

Sorry Sync.
I"ll tell you about it later in detail bro.
Thank you for your undying support Sync :)
You are not the only who is trying to move on....

It's rescheduled until next month. I'll have the date up ASAP so I have the first date and everyone will know what's what ahead of time.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Maybe we could use my place. Infinity, where art thou?
I have thought about it but really it's just a timing issue.
I rather have a nice venue to where people can come to without worrying about other aspects, like food, drinks, space, and whatnot.

The best aspect is getting the venue some more exposure.

It's been rescheduled to the 19th of May, so I'm changing it right now.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Leaf quit?

Wow, didn't expect to see this happen.

ALSM, this is your opportunity to use Diddy/Olimar practice for tournament?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Nah, I'm sticking with just MK; makes it easier on me to just focus on one character for singles. I'll most likely do doubles though (might be using Diddy Kong, Olimar, Wario, idk we'll see).

Btw, I'd like to MM with MK the following players if they show: Dojo, Denti, Infern, Infinity, UTD Zac, Sync, and probably more. We'll see what goes down.

Top Bottom