• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE, 100 degrees, on my knees, Kyuss rules 3/31/12

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Original Thread
AIB Link

Thanks for coming South Dakota and Lincoln and all of the new/newish/returning players, hope you all had fun. I plan on running another tournament sometime in April/May. Get your masks out :metaknight:

Melee Singles (9 entrants)

#1-Cue :falcomelee: (~28)
#2-JBM :marthmelee: :foxmelee: (~12)
#3-Sm3esh/PS1 transformations :falconmelee: (~5)
#4-MegaRobMan :sheikmelee:
#5-Noah :falconmelee:
#5-Jman :falconmelee:
#7-Shane :ganonmelee:
#7-Jordan :falcomelee:
#9-GameGenie222 :falcomelee: :roymelee:

Brawl Singles (10 entrants)
#1-MegaRobMan :wolf: :link2: (~30)
#2-Sm3esh :peach: (~15)
#3-XcamusX :snake: :rob: (~5)
#4-MK Mike :samus2:
#5-JMan :sonic:
#5-JBM :marth:
#7-Cue :snake: :mario2: :dk2:
#7-Aurasturm :marth::toonlink:
#9-GameGenie222 :falco::lucario:
#9-Shane :ganondorf::lucario:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Only got 21 not 28

:phone:
You got 23/24 actually, then you gave JBM 5 dollars and then I think you gave him 2 dollars, then you were like "wft?" and then took the 5 back and gave him 2 dollars. Or something.

It said in the OP 10% for the house, and you can ask Dan if he got a cut if you'd like.

Yeah i only got 10..RIP OFF IM NEVER ATTENDING AGAIN!

I say we allow MK and ban Falco
That sounds like an excellent idea. Spacies banned tournament.

cue

Smash Journeyman
Naw man I got maybe 22 but def not more. 6 dollars is not %10 FYI.
J man it was threadlesst's.com Thanx for the info man

:phone:

resTy

Smash Champion
Next tournament should be changed to have a venue fee and a prize pot, both separate. This way nobody feels shit gamed. I'm already confused why you do this 10% crap in the first place. All it does is steal money from the winners and the losers only pay $5. It looks sketchy as fuck because the Top 3 aren't winning what they should be winning.

Personally, I don't care since I don't play Smash for the money, especially since it's only for a few dollars. But apparently, we got some people who want their $3 or w/e. Might as well please the people you're hosting the tournament for.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Btw the way it breaks down is:
$45-10%=40
$40-60%=24
40-30%=12
40-10%=4

Sm3esh got 5 dollars for 3rd.
Dan received $10 payment (brawl earnings included)

As far as why we have the %10 is that for every tournament Dan has hosted (even at his old APT) there has been 10% taken out.

This didn't happen at his BBQ, btw, we were his guests.

This doesn't happen at tournaments at my house or any other one I've thrown at UNO/wherever. I don't take money out of the pot unless it's at Dans.

I wouldn't be opposed to a venue fee for places that want venue fees. I've been searching for a venue for the next one, but it might be at my parents place.

Probably no venue fee unless I tell them I'm gonna have it. (Yes you can call them after they are home to ask them if I paid them their venue fee if I take money for a venue fee).

cue

Smash Journeyman
I'd just rather give dan 5 bucks easy. Its not that I really care about $3 but if it was someone out of town who won **** would look bad.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean that's why I'm trying to figure it out too.

As a side, I paid Jace (OOS) without taking out for the venue fee when he came (the extra 3 dollars were my own).

I'll make it up to ya if I did short you, I didn't mean to.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
first of all im not paying 5 for a venue like dans unless he is fixing me 2 grilled cheese.

Seriously though venue fee of 2 dollars is good. I charged people 1 dollar at my monthlies. (eventually based on bathroom usage)

Bathrooms get tore up by nerds.

cue

Smash Journeyman
I'm good i dont need any money I'd just like to see it run different if its run again. Just do a reg fee or something none of that out of the pot stuff

resTy

Smash Champion
Having $1 venue fee would already be 20% as opposed to the previous 10% that we were running with. A $2 fee would be a staggering 40%. I call $0.50 venue fee since that's 10% of $5 :secretkpop:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser I was thinking about this at the exact same time while I was taking a dump earlier today.

A dollar venue fee would be better for Dan, 50 cents for spectators.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea, Dan's a cool dude, but in SC, if we had to use someone's place at all, we had a 2 buck venue fee. Its just courtesy. All that man-sweat and closeness... its an inconvenience. And electricity isn't free either...

Top Bottom