• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

909 Claremont Colleges Smashfest 4/14

Raish

Smash Rookie
Address: 170 East Bonita Ave., Claremont, CA 91711 (Harwood Court)
Come through the front entrance, then go to the TV lounge on the west side of the main lounge.
NOTE: Call me if you need to get swiped into the building

http://www.pomona.edu/about/location/pomona-campus-map.pdf

Parking: There's a loading /unloading driveway by the tournament building (Harwood) if you want to drop off your setup first.
Free street parking available on College Ave both north and south of Bonita.
UPDATE: I checked and you can actually park in the student lot at the corner of 1st Street and Amherst Street this weekend because it's admitted students weekend, so they're not checking.

Schedule:
12:00-1:00pm: Setup, friendlies, and sign ups
1:00pm: Singles
Doubles started as soon as TVs begin opening up from singles.
There should be a lot of time for friendlies throughout the day, so feel free to stop by at any point even if you can't make it for the tournament.
We'll have at least one TV recording matches all day.

Entry Fee:$2 for Singles, $4 per team for Doubles if we have it

Prize Distribution:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd:10%

Double Elimination
All matches are best 2 of 3, finals (Winner's, Loser's, and Grand) are best 3 of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit.
Dave's Stupid Rule, Advanced Slob Picks, and Stage Strike rules apply.

NO VENUE FEE, and dinner at the dining hall around 5:30-6 will be fully or partially covered depending on how many people come

Please bring setups, especially TVs since we have a lot of cubes already!

Raish
Cell: (310)633-4677, call or text

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
cross-post this on facebook

the only tournament on this day is the expensive *** temple city one so if properly advertised this could get a good turnout

Raish

Smash Rookie
cross-post this on facebook

the only tournament on this day is the expensive *** temple city one so if properly advertised this could get a good turnout
I threw up a post for this in the SoCal Melee group last week. I'll bump it again once we get closer to next weekend.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i think we should make this a tournament. i'll talk to every smasher i know and see if they can make it

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Gonna be in pomona that morning, might stop by for a while

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
Kabango it was pretty sleezy to advertise this directly in Mike's thread and ask people to not attend his event considering all the damn trouble he goes through to keep the socal smash community alive. Learn to have some respect and stop undercutting other peoples efforts to help this community because you want to act like a deadbeat.

Raish

Smash Rookie
Kabango it was pretty sleezy to advertise this directly in Mike's thread and ask people to not attend his event considering all the damn trouble he goes through to keep the socal smash community alive. Learn to have some respect and stop undercutting other peoples efforts to help this community because you want to act like a deadbeat.
For the record, I'd been planning to have an event on this date for a while. I support people going to any event going on this day and hope we can keep the rest of the comments in this thread positive since I don't want to ruin the mood of the event.

COCO

Smash Cadet
If this wasn't farther away from where I live I would totally go this this one, but if my friends think the other one is too expensive we'll show up

Raish

Smash Rookie
Is the turn-out usually a good amount? I might attend this :D
It'll probably be mid-sized, at least 10 people but probably less than 25 unless we get a lot of people last minute. This will be my biggest tournament so far, since my other ones haven't been advertised to non-colleges players that much. So far we've definitely got Scott Pilgrim, Likewise, Hairy Nipples, Kyu Puff, and some other people whose tags I don't know. KFC came over for friendlies last week and might be coming for this too.

It'd be cool if you could make it over. I've heard great things about your Mario. We have our recording setup going now too, so some matches and friendlies will get put up.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Oh, sounds good. I would rather drive there than Mike's tourney. Just to even out the smash players in numbers. Plus, his tourney is very pricey. $10 entry and $10 venue? Lol, this isn't like Apex or something. Lol. I'll go to his next tournament and go to this one this time. Lol, hopefully something doesn't pop up for me last minute D;

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
If somebody picks me up I can bring a TV. If not then no TV. I live only a few miles away from this. My address is 3615 Towne Park Circle, Pomona. My phone number is 909 292 5886

edit: nevermind I got a ride. My TV will be there.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
shoutouts to adam and sheridan for being extremely worthy adversaries!

i feel like i haven't been pushed that hard for a long, long time in my smash career.

today was definitely a learning process.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
1. kfc (came from losers, 6-0'd a rookie)
2. a rookie (beat sherigami, did not play me)
3. sherigami (beat kfc in winners, did not play me)
4. me (didn't seed myself so i played jr 3rd round; had 1st set won until randall saved kfc on the edgeguard. hahahahahaha! major chokesies all around)
5. manatee? (dunno who he lost to in winners, lost to me in losers)
5. scott pilgrim? (dunno he lost to in winners, lost to kfc in losers)

teams was me and kfc. only 5 or 6 teams so winner take all.

almost everything got recorded cept me v kfc in winners.

im sad i copped out w/ sheik. im such a noob. my fox is good dawg, i should have confidence. i was scared to play jr the whole time cuz he's the one person i can't approach. so of course i play him twice :(

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i considered me vs sherigami the hardest set for me at this tournament. I'm still brimming with happiness that i beat him lol. It took a lot of deep breathing and meditation (and adam's amazing coaching) to overcome my mental block and finally defeat him after he 2-0'd me in winners finals.

as for adam and A rookie...

adam had me beat but then randal saved me he choked and lost the game because of it, then he choked and lost game 3

and A rookie is really freaking good... but marth vs mario is impossible, especially when its MY marth hahahaha. (jk)

also regardless of what people say, i'm still gonna be stubborn and say that shiek is like atleast 60-40 marth. so glad i didnt cop out and go fox haha.

a rookie

Smash Ace
OMG! I posted all my shout-outs and then I right clicked on a tab and it closed! Well, here's my summary then. GG's to KFC, I'll get you next time. Manatee, learn the Fox match-up and I'll pay you back, thank you very much. Sherigami, I hope I play you again, your Sheik is as good as I thought. And to Dylan, you're very good. I was holding back so we could have more fun. Next time, I'll take it completely serious. Scott Pilgrim, good seeing you again, as always. Adam, remember: "you are your worst enemy." You beat yourself more than KFC beat you.

Sorry for leaving without saying bye. I had to go home cuz I was starting to get a little tired, plus I'm no good at saying good bye. But I'm good at saying hello :D GG's SoCal community!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
and for any of you that missed it, the free food michael provided was da

MUH

****IN'

BOMM,MMMMMMMMMMMB

***** the **** out of ucla imo

Top Bottom