• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do "I" play Snake?

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, I was hoping I could get some advice on how to improve my Snake. Do's, do-nots, general player advice and so on...

All constructive feedback is welcome. I don't get upset over being told I'm a bad player either. I know I still have a long way to go.

I hope I am posting this in the right section. Sorry if it's not okay to post this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qK...DvjVQa1PpcFNJWvgC9OSq6RLzZUDBJtjwBzr0MVH_CVk=

This is one of the older ones a friend and I did. My snake seems to move without much reason, I roll to much, and repeat the same actions that aren't really getting me anywhere. I think I was trying to do something the whole match, probably trying to spike lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EECa...DvjVQa1PpcFNJWvgC9OSq6Y_FII9DNy5-p3djJWPw-2s=

This one I do much better in. Air mains Marth. I think he is pretty good. He usually wins when we play. I'd like to thank him for posting these online too.

Anywho, my Snake seems a bit more precise this round. I definitely performed much better on this go. I think I needed to get that back-air out a bit quicker. It would have won me the match, but I missed it. I dunno if I didn't respond fast enough, or if I was still in hit stun, I'm not sure.

Also, if it turns out to be alright to have this thread on here, I'll try to get some more vids in the future to show any progress I may have made. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I suppose you are talking about the second video, 1:40-1:43? I see what you mean. I wasn't sure at the distance I was, if I would have enough time to do a walking up tilt. It looks like it would have been close. Would have had to score a hit at nearly full range to land it.

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it. I need all the help I can get lol. I'd like to up my Snake game.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Most of your floored movements were rolls and shield dashes. Mix things up with a little walking and dash attacking, it can't do you any wrong.

But just go ask for critique in the Snake boards in the character section (maybe they have a thread for critique, go check). Their critique will be way more relevant, because they know their stuff.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Right. I'll try to do that.

I'll work on mixing my ground game up a bit more. I need to get more comfortable doing the Gatling with Snake anyway. I never did find a use for that with him. I found a good use for it with Falco though.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Random thought, you seem to have no confidence in either yourself or Snake.

When I played you in doubles last weekend i thought I was gonna get Utilted like 5 million times and you just sorta stood there

I don't think you understand how good/******** snake is XD

Just an FYI snake Utilt will KO Game and Watch before my turtle even comes close to touching you, snakes range is THAT stupid. You also hesitated a lot, also. Honestly the best advice I can give you is just to **** people up. Don't be so afraid of being punished, snake is a character you don't have to be afraid of a lot of things (except being juggled)

He's heavy enough that he can take much more punishment than any of character you'd come across

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Hm, is that so? I'll try to be more quick in my execution and minimize my hesitation. You are right though, I lack confidence both in Snake and myself. I try and try to get him down, but its not easy lol. I honestly had fun playing your G&W. I'd like to play you again.

Top Bottom