• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 4A - 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY- M2K?? G$?? HAX?? - $50 OoR Bonus for 1st

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
May 19th 2012
Framingham, MA
If you need to contact either myself or the venue call one of these numbers:

Game Underground - 508-283-1503

KevinM Cell Phone - 401-330-7036
My phone is okay to text

Or Email

MassMadnessSSBM@Gmail.com

SINGLES ARE GOING TO BE RUN EITHER BY POOLS OR SWISS DEPENDING ON AMOUNT OF ENTRANTS/NUMBER OF SET-UPS AVAILABLE

If a player from a non New England state wins the tournament I will personally throw in an additional fifty dollars into the pool. Can you stop our Th0rny Situation!?

Setups, for those who are unaware, consist of a Gamecube/Wii, a Super Smash Bros Melee game disk, and a Cathode Ray Tube Television (CRT TV).

Setups are always very needed.

1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701

SCHEDULE

11:00am - Store Opens
11:30am - Sign ups for Melee Doubles
1pm - Melee Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins
1:30pm - Melee Doubles Starts
2pm - Melee Singles sign ups
3pm- Melee Singles Signups Ends
315PM- Melee Singles Start
7:45- Optional Event Signups
8PM- Optional Event Start
11:00 PM - Get out

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in cash.)

Venue - $5 Dollars

Singles - $10 per entrant

Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person

Optional Event - $1-5 Dollars

Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%

Prize Pool for Pro bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%

Prize Pool for Optional Event - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/30%/10%

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages: Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise.

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.

Counterpick Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64

Stage strike is 1 - 2 - 1

Rules

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Pause is set to “Off”
4. Items set to “Off” and “None”
5. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
6. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
7. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
8. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be only be used as recovery tactics.
9. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
10. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
11. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:

o Who ever has more remaining stock left.
o If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by who ever has less percent.
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage.

Doubles Modified Rules

1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Items set to “Off”
3. Pause is set to “Off”
4. Life stealing is allowed.
5. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by which ever team has more remaining stock.
6. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Set Procedure Advanced Slob Picks

1. Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Player/Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Player/Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the 5(five) Neutral Stage List by the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Player/Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player/Team 2 striking two stages, with Player/Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The Player/Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
7. The Player/Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Player/Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Player/Team that has already won on that Stage in this set unless agreed upon but both parties. (Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule)
8. The Player/Team that won the previous match chooses their character(s).
9. The Player/Team that lost the previous match chooses their character(s).
10. The next match is played.
11. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches until a winner is determined.

Conduct

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag and equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
11. Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):

o Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
o Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the MY discretion!!!!

Swiss Procedure- If Run

1. All Pairings will play a Bo3 set standard picking and ruleset applies.
2. The first pairing will be done completely at random and the opponents will play a Bo3 reporting their results AS SOON AS THE MATCH IS COMPLETE.
3. The next round of matches begins with the players playing an opponent with a similar record (ie. 2-0 plays 2-0, 1-1 plays 1-1, 0-2 plays 0-2)
4. The matches continue 5-7 rounds after which we will have a properly seeded 16 man bracket that will be played out normally.

The Swiss System is something we're really excited about and remember this is our first time running it as well as your first time participating in it so I'm going to stress that people report their matches on time and also that people aren't going to give problems about the people they have to play in the system, with how this works no matter what ends up happening you will be able to play for the seed you deserve.

VOTE FOR YOUR OPTIONAL EVENT

1. Falcon Only Tournament
2. Low Tiers
3. Random Crew Bracket
4. Random Crews
5. Draft Crews
6. Amateur Bracket

Elen

Smash Lord
Draft crews!

Tony Hawk Underground tournament. JOE <3

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
Draft crews!

Tony Hawk Underground tournament. JOE <3
<3

Edit: If anyone can get my score\50 they win the game. Bo3 set.

or

I'll do one run and my opponent can play for an hour(combining all of their scores), if they beat my score they win the MM.

or

People just give me their money, that works too.

Draft crews.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'm definitely going. It wouldn't be fun without a random young link in this tournament.

:phone:
maybe we'll end up in the same pool again lol

if not i'll be sure to try and play some games with you dude, y. link is a slippery little elf-ish... ummmmm... boy...

lol

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a Gamecube and a SSBM disc/memory card with all of the stages and such. But no TV.

Elen

Smash Lord
Woo, we have reached sticky level greatness. Good work Kev.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
probably gonna go all mewtwo at this, will be sure to be here too, as it might be Spife's last NE tournament

so yeah nearlyamonthawayhype

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
This is super duper hype. New England Pretty Boy Embargo might have to make a crew appearance?

Find out next time, at Mass Madness 4A!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Recorders post up!

I want to try and record as much of the singles tournament as possible. If you can record please bring your setup. I'll be happy to manage it in addition to my own and take care of the uploading by putting your files on my external HD after the tournament is over.

:)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hydro was also recording at HoG, though I don't think he'll be at this.

I imagine Diesel and Shawn# will have their recording stuff here.

I hope others will too!

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
I have a recording setup that I can bring. Matt, I will put the files on your external drive.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Awesome. That's a potential 4 recording setups.

I wonder if we can reach 5! Someone else must own one they can bring. One of the Mainers, maybe? The man of box?!

Edit: Mainers (Dazwa/Boxman) are a no-go, but I spoke with the Lowell crew and it seems that Blanky and Mr. Lemon are able to bring theirs. That puts us at 6 recording setups.

Now I wonder if we can hit lucky number 7....

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I think I might actually show up. Time to celebrate a great 5 years of smash!

Been a while since I played, but I'll try and clean off the rust for this.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Someone make an attendance list.

I believe Me and Tim will be going to this. Mass. might have to face the wrath of Black Steve, if he decides to come.

Top Bottom