• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scratch Dat!

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Scratch Dat: A Brawl Event hosted by Cat Fight

ADDRESS
MoneyG Cards and Collectables
154 Main St
Bloomingburg, NY

CONTACTS
TO: Cat Fight (Wes) ~ (845)-798-8541
Venue Owner: MoneyG Cards and Collectables (Gary) ~ (845) 733-1824

SCHEDULE
11:00 am - Doors open
11:30 am - 12:30 - Signups for both 2v2 and 1v1
12:30 am - 12:45 - Signups for 2v2 ends
12:30 pm - Brawl 2v2 begins
02:30 pm - Signups for 1v1 ends
03:00 pm - Brawl 1v1 begins

FOOD
MoneyG is directly next to a convenience store, so snacks are immediately accessible. There's a bakery, pub, and chinese food restaurant right down the road (5 min drive), as well.

MATCH AND CONDUCT RULES
Unity Ruleset

Also, PLEASE BRING WII SETUPS

GENERAL
Yo! I semi-recently moved to upstate NY, formerly of CT residence, and what better way to introduce myself to the community than to host a tournament at a brand new venue? Well, yeah, I'm Cat Fight, or Wes, whichever you prefer. I used to host tournaments in CT a while back. Anyways, although it's on the smaller side, MoneyG can comfortably house 60 attendees. If all goes smoothly, I can use this venue for future events, too! I look forward to meeting and playing you all.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
cool stuff good luck
Thanks d00d.

I'd gladly reduce your venue fee if you bring a Wii and copy of Brawl, yeah. I have a total of 6 TVs at the venue, by the way. As of now I'm not sure if we'll need all of them but we'll see.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Like I said in the upstate thread, tourneys don't get closer than this for me, so I'll be there. Hopefully we get some Jersey rep too, as it isn't that far.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Oh word? You're from Monroe, nice. Aye, if you know some Jersey or PA cats, tell 'em to swing through that day.

:phone:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Ouch, it's over 3 hours from me. Don't think I can quite make this, but I wish this the best of luck.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
How many people are in the brawl scene in this area? I'm 45 minutes from here, kingston ny. Used to live in Syracuse. Haven't touched a controller in like a year. =/ I'm working full time and going to college full time. After the semester ends in two weeks I'm going to boces to get a C.N.A. certification so I really can't make it to this. =s I could possibly make it to future events after june though if there's a lot of people in the area. I know an individual who might be interested in the area as well. Has a lot of talent, never really been interested in the competitive scene much. =s Not that I've been into the competitive scene in the last two years either, but it's always nice to get out and meet new people! :p

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
How many people are in the brawl scene in this area? I'm 45 minutes from here, kingston ny. Used to live in Syracuse. Haven't touched a controller in like a year. =/ I'm working full time and going to college full time. After the semester ends in two weeks I'm going to boces to get a C.N.A. certification so I really can't make it to this. =s I could possibly make it to future events after june though if there's a lot of people in the area. I know an individual who might be interested in the area as well. Has a lot of talent, never really been interested in the competitive scene much. =s Not that I've been into the competitive scene in the last two years either, but it's always nice to get out and meet new people! :p
Howdy, man. I'm doing my best to bring in a bunch of newcomers to this tournament via facebook, smashboards, allisbrawl, word of mouth, flyers, etc. Since I am a newcomer to the area as well, I am unfamiliar with this area's "scene" and subsequently dependent on those who are already familiar with the tournament scene and said sites to make it out to this day. That's why it's important to tell your friends about this tournament!

If you know someone who might be interested, tell 'em not to be shy and come down. If he has anything he'd like to talk about, my number is at the top and anyone is welcome to text or call. It's gonna be an experience for me, as well, because basically everyone coming to this tournament I'll be meeting for the first time. :}

I do plan on having future events, no worries. The venue owner might be relocating to an even bigger store, so that will allow me to have bigger tournaments, too - with more games and what-not.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Is NJ transit near you? The middletown stop is literally 15 min away from the venue, and I can pick people up.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
Ah, that'd be Amtrak then, which is super expensive. See if you can get a carpool goin'? Are there other players from Schenectady?
im an other player from schenectady and if things go well ill definitely be there with tyrant, what kind of setup discounts are we looking at?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
im an other player from schenectady and if things go well ill definitely be there with tyrant, what kind of setup discounts are we looking at?
Nice, good stuff. Hope ya dudes can make it.

$5 off venue fee for bringing a set up, by the way.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
double post but oh well.

just wanted to mention we might get a live stream of this. got a capture card and wireless webcam. :3

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
oh a stream huh?, hopefully there wont be too many viewers, streamers are douchebags

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Oh yay. I get to show off that free Wario. Plan to win this, so don't get too excited guys ;)
we'll see 'bout that. MM? ;}

also, if you know anyone in your area that plays, tell 'em 'bout this tourney. monroe isn't too far, so it'd be nice to get some players from there for when we start doing a monthly tournament type thing.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
If I make it, my Dedede is shutting that Wario down :|
I've been working on my Dedede timeout, which is pretty much the only way to win the mu. But yeah probably, which is why I'm requesting double blind.

And Cat Fight, I'll do like a $1-2 MM. I feel like I'm getting pretty good at the snake mu, so it will be a good test.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I've been working on my Dedede timeout, which is pretty much the only way to win the mu. But yeah probably, which is why I'm requesting double blind.

And Cat Fight, I'll do like a $1-2 MM. I feel like I'm getting pretty good at the snake mu, so it will be a good test.
I remember when Phiddlesticks tried timing me out with Wario in my first tournament match. Landing that u-tilt with six seconds left was beautiful.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I remember when Phiddlesticks tried timing me out with Wario in my first tournament match. Landing that u-tilt with six seconds left was beautiful.
Well I mean it's out of necessity, since there's no reliable way to get in on dedede given that giant bair and pivot grab. No hard feelings.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
^ use mapquest.com or google maps, pretty sure its at least a 3 hour drive for u, im pretty hyped for this even tho it seems like itll just be the 4 of us lol, n calm u better go wario since im sure u remember my drunk marth tearing ur olimar apart

Drunk Marth > All

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
i actually passed out over 130 flyers for this event in the local area and at hang outs for young people so i expect a good amount to show as only about 6 ppl didn't have any interest in coming. we shall see!

and buffalo is like 5 hrs away lmao.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as Uprise is stacked anyways and I've been there before mind telling me ANY ways to get to this from Long Island? (Nassau County)

just list all the possible ways and I hope to hell I can make it

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Bloomingburg is upstate in the sense that anything that isn't Long Island and the city is upstate, it's about an hour north of the city, which also happens to be 6 hours away from Buffalo. NY is too goddamned big.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Seeing as Uprise is stacked anyways and I've been there before mind telling me ANY ways to get to this from Long Island? (Nassau County)

just list all the possible ways and I hope to hell I can make it
you could take a bus or long island train to penn station and then from penn station you will get a ticket for middletown, ny. you will have a transfer inbetween at secaucus, nj.

take down my # and if you plan on coming i will scoop ya up from the station.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
so, i will have 6 tvs set up by default. if ppl could bring their wiis and copies of brawl i can fill all six and possibly increase how many set ups the store will have.

a couple things to note: tmrw there will be a memorial day parade on the same st. pls do not hesitate to call the store or i so we can direct you around it and get to the store.

we can fit about 16 cars in the front of the store, and behind the mobile station i believe there are about 9 extra spaces. if you are stuck for parking, i will tell you how to get to a lot right up the road. be safe diving and see ya dudes tmrw!

Top Bottom