• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling with the Punches - Loudonville OH Results

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
1. Tom Anderson ($126)
2. Chris Brown ($ 63)
3. Dan Lance ($ 21)
4. John Kwon
5. Helen Pipak
6. Malcolm Blackwell
7. Adam Hynes
8. Joey Rowan
9. Jeremy Biddinger
10. Kristopher Koons
11. Kevin Vaughn
12. Angel Jackson
13. Tyler Harbert
14. Bryce Horner
15. Stuart Lytle
16. Brayden Harbert

Tom Anderson
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Brayden Harbert
Defeated Joey Rowan
Defeated Chris Brown
Defeated Dan Lance
Lost to Chris Brown
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Christ Brown

Chris Brown
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Stuart Lytle
Defeated John Kwon
Lost to Tom Anderson
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Malcolm Blackwell
Defeated John Kwon
Defeated Dan Lance
Defeated Tom Anderson
Lost to Tom Anderson

Dan Lance
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Bryce Horner
Defeated Malcolm Blackwell
Defeated Helen Pipak
Lost to Tom Anderson
Losers' Bracket:
Lost to Chris Brown

John Kwon
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Adam Hynes
Lost to Chris Brown
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Angel Jackson
Defeated Joey Rowan
Defeated Helen Pipak
Lost to Chris Brown

Helen Pipak
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Tyler Harbert
Defeated Kristopher Koons
Lost to Dan Lance
Losers' Bracket:
Lost to John Kwon

Malcolm Blackwell
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Jeremy Biddinger
Lost to Dan Lance
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Kevin Vaughn
Defeated Adam Hynes
Lost to Chris Brown

Adam Hynes
Winners' Bracket:
Lost to John Kwon
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Stuart Lytle
Defeated Kristopher Koons
Lost to Malcolm Blackwell

Joey Rowan
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Kevin Vaughn
Lost to Tom Anderson
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Jeremy Biddinger
Lost to John Kwon

Jeremy Biddinger
Winners' Bracket:
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Bryce Horner
Lost to Joey Rowan

Kristopher Koons
Winners' Bracket:
Defeated Angel Jackson
Lost to Helen Pipak
Losers' Bracket:
Lost to Adam Hynes

Kevin Vaughn
Winners' Bracket:
Lost to Joey Rowan
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Brayden Harbert

Angel Jackson
Winners' Bracket:
Lost to Kristopher Koons
Losers' Bracket:
Defeated Tyler Harbert
Lost to John Kwon

Tyler Harbert
Winners' Bracket:
Lost to Helen Pipak
Losers' Bracket:
Lost to Angel Jackson

Bryce Horner
Winners' Bracket:
Lost to Dan Lance
Losers' Bracket:
Lost to Jeremy Biddinger

Stuart Lytle
Winners' Bracket:
Lost to Chris Brown
Losers' Bracket:
Lost to Adam Hynes

Brayden Harbert
Winners' Bracket:
Lost to Tom Anderson
Losers' Bracket:
Lost to Kevin Vaughn

A bracket image and pictures will be posted on our website in the next few days.
http://ftw.surrealbliss.com

Final Results for Mario Kart:

1. Kristopher Koons ($102)
2. Dan Lance ($51)
3. Frank Fortney ($17)
4. Chris Weidinger
5. Andrew Black
6. Brandon Withers
7. Tom Anderson
8. Shade Fortney
9. Stuart Lytle
10. Zain Abrams
11. Gregg Hill
12. Zeek Campbell

Unfortunately, because the bracket system we attempted to use for Mario Kart, more thorough results are not available.
Note: If anyone has suggestions on a good way to run a bracket for Mario Kart with 4 people in the game at a time... please let me know. We were attempting to use the scoring system in Mario Kart and have each player get to play every other player, which became hard to manage with 12 people and no program like Tio to setup a bracket like that. We will work hard to improve this before we do Mario Kart again.

Thanks to all of you who came out to the event from Bowling Green, Canton, Columbus, and Mansfield. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I had a ton of fun at this, will attend again.

For Smashboards names:
1. Blue Rogue
2. AlphaZealot
3. Jiffy
4. Suyon

For rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032
Or just in the console tournament listing area, pick a tournament that has decent attention (e.g. thread views/responses) and take their rules and make whatever modifications. That ruleset from the Smash Wiki is old, and also incorrect, I have never seen a tournament that makes you force 'random character' in the first match.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that page misunderstood what a double BLIND pick is.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Pretty fun tourney, I'll definitely try and make the next one if I can :)

Smash

Blue Rogue: Canton got some rep at this one baby!!!!
AZ: I got you next time, good talking to you.
Suyon: thanks for coming out and making it alot of fun :)
Rikku: 5th place is 5th place and good job!!
TOs: thanks for being on the ball for a lot of the stuff!! :)
To the other players that I really don't know: Hopefully if anyone here reads this, tell your friends to get on smashboards, look up some strategies, watch some videos. I saw alot of potential here for new and good players.

Hope to see everyone soon.

MKWii

ggs to all the racers, you were all a lot better than what I thought :)
I was kinda sad I didn't get first. I played those races in finals like they were for 1st though, at least I have that. :cool:

Ideas of MKWii Tourney!!!

As for ideas on how to run the MKWii tourney.... Basically, the points of the "gauntlet round" or "pools" would dictate who made it to the finals. (which is what happened) Those players though would start a new point system. Now they can race as many as they need: 4, 6, 8 races (whatever the amount, doesn't matter) to decide the winner but the points don't carry over from earlier. A small bonus can be awarded to the top player and then the bonus can trickle down. The finals should never be to where one player has such a lead going into it that even the person who barely made it has no chance to win. Treat in like a bracket seeded by skill if you will. In a bracket seed by skill, the player(s) who performed best should have the easiest chance of winning but it shouldn't be guaranteed.

I think this is probably the best way to run something like that. It's more along the lines of how a fighting game with pools to bracket goes. The top players of their pool will play the bottom players in bracket. Bottom players will have to prove they can win vs the best *but it's still possible they can*.

Another possibility is to just not have a finals and the final score you get in the gauntlet round is the score you get and thats what the placements are based one. The downside to this is there really isn't any sort of hype to it. Finals matches focus the attention on one thing.
Also, you can argue that not every one group had the same players, there is alot of variation. But after a few rounds in the gauntlet(4 was good, even more might be better though depending on entrants), the whole picture becomes a little clearer on who are the best players. Taking them out and facing them vs each other takes as much variation out of it as you can.

Thoughts? Let me know!! :bee:

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
Pretty fun tourney, I'll definitely try and make the next one if
TOs: thanks for being on the ball for a lot of the stuff!! :)
We appreciate you guys coming out. Thanks for the good words, we look forward to doing it again.

To the other players that I really don't know: Hopefully if anyone here reads this, tell your friends to get on smashboards, look up some strategies, watch some videos. I saw alot of potential here for new and good players.
I will pass this on to any of them that might not know about this site. I posted links on our Facebook event page but I don't know how many of them checked it out.

Ideas of MKWii Tourney!!!
It drove me nuts how unorganized the MKWii tournament ended up being. As an idea, the format seemed great. It just turned out to be a major headache to actually run it that way. So since the tournament I've been playing around with Tio some more to try to figure out a more logical way to run it and I definitely have it narrowed down for next time. I ran through a quick scenario and it seemed to work pretty well, regardless of whether I put 8, 12, 16, 24 players in the game. So basically we'll have to limit the number of entrants to something that's divisible by 4 to make it go extremely smooth. I'm still experimenting with other odd numbers just to see if we can make it work somehow though.

Not sure yet if MKWii will be back in June, but it will definitely be back in the future.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. Blue Rogue ($126) - Wario
2. AlphaZealot ($ 63) - Diddy Kong
3. Jiffy ($ 21) - Wario/Ness
4. Suyon - Pit
5. Helen Pipak - Lucario
5. Malcolm Blackwell - Diddy Kong
7. Adam Hynes
7. Joey Rowan
9. Jeremy Biddinger
9. Kristopher Koons
9. Kevin Vaughn
9. Angel Jackson
13. Tyler Harbert
13. Bryce Horner
13. Stuart Lytle - Sonic
13. Brayden Harbert

Those are all I know of...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I regret not being able to come, but I'll try to make the next one! Glad you all had a good time. :)

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet

It's been a busy week... so I still haven't gotten the photos up on our web site, but I got them all posted on facebook. If any of you are on there, we have a group called "Game Tournaments by FTW" that you can join and all of the pictures are posted there.

Top Bottom