• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocean State Smash 2 Results!

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Singles:

1: MattDotZeb ($126.00)
2: Elen ($52.50)
3: Mafia ($31.50)
4: KevinM
5: Banks
5: Trees
7: Yong
7: Shawn
9: Diesel
9: Ryucloud
9: HaileyM
9: MyTummyHertz
13: The Chilli King
13: TV
13: Hydrazoid
13: Tichinde925
17: Nick
17: Gianni29
17: Zanx
17: Prawn
17: Chad

Bracket Image

We did a low tier tournament instead of doubles because nobody wanted to do doubles, but I accidently deleted the bracket, sorry D:

1: ZoSo ($6.00)
2: Mafia ($4.00?)
3: TV ($1.00)

Idk on the rest, sorry :D

We did Project M crews, which was recorded and should be uploaded soonish! I can't remember the teams atm but I'll figure it out tomorrow when i'm not exhausted haha.

VIDEO THREAD:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14369651

Shotouts:

1: MattDotZeb - Good **** winning dude! Our pools set was good, no salt. Wish we got to play more

2: Elen - Ike is scary D: wish we played more of it, but crews was fun. gg

3: Mafia - I don't think we played one game? I need help with falcon dittos so ima pick your brain next time I see you

4: KevinM - Thanks for coming and helping me with everything, really appreciate it :D sorry I didn't come out with you guys, I'm really broke atm

5: Banks - Don't think we played, but thanks for coming!

5: Trees - dudeeeeeee i'm so mad I killed myself but that's the game. if you have any tips for my falcon i'd be happy to hear them

7: Yong - thanks a lot for all the **** you brought man, it really helped out. couldn't have done it without you

7: Shawn

9: Diesel - always a pleasure to have you around :D thanks a lot for coming and sorry i'm bad at coaching lolol. also if you have any specific advice for my falcon i'd be happy to hear it

9: Ryucloud - Was happy to see you come out dude, glad to see you're getting back into it. good friendlies and good **** playing project m

9: HaileyM - I can't stress enough how much I love the bracelet. thank you so much! I don't think we played at all? you and kevin should make it to jesses monday, i feel like we don't play with you guys enough!

9: MyTummyHertz - we always play in tournament lol. good games as always. i honestly don't sandbag, i don't know why i play so much better in tournament and I can't help it haha

13: The Chilli King - always improving, good friendlies, and thanks for coming like always :D

13: TV - i know we only played a couple friendlies but I would have loved to have played you more, the DK matchup feels really obscure to me, so i'd love to do more friendlies if you make to to the next one

13: Hydrazoid - don't think we played, but thanks for coming

13: Tichinde925 - thanks for all the stuff you brought dude, you went crazy haha. and thanks for the goodie bag from pax, as soon as i get back to work i'll start saving for next year

17: Nick - don't think we played, but thanks for coming!

17: Gianni29 - good stuff for your first tournament, i'll practice more with you at home. just next time play more friendlies! it's all about learning :D

17: Zanx - don't think we played, but thanks for coming!

17: Prawn - i know you don't usually play melee so i might not see you around for a bit, but it was cool meeting you and we had some good matches! thanks for coming!

17: Chad - sorry I almost forgot your name in pools, that could have ended badly haha. good stuff and thanks for coming!

To everyone who helped me out: I couldn't have done it without you guys! Thanks everyone for coming and I hope you all had fun! Any and all TO advice and Captain Falcon advice is welcome!

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to people:
1: MattDotZeb ($126.00) Glad I got to get owned by you in friendlies first thing. =P Nice Falco!
2: Elen ($52.50) I never ended up playing you I think.
3: Mafia ($31.50) Thanks man for showing me some tricks with Peach! I'll make sure to get better soon ;)
4: KevinM- Didn't end up playing you, but you have a nice Fox!
5: Banks- I had fun playing you in pools.
5: Trees- I didn't play you I think.
7: Yong- I love your Samus and watching it was sick! Fun friendlies too.
7: Shawn- I didn't end up playing you, but I liked your Falcon. :3
9: Diesel- Nice Ganon, hopefully I'll play you next time. xD
9: Ryucloud- Thanks for wrecking me. :(
9: HaileyM- You are super cool! I hope I can beat you in the future in Peach dittos, and it was funny how we first played friendlies, then pools, then loser's bracket. =P
9: MyTummyHertz- Never played you I think.
13: The Chilli King- I didn't play you probably.
13: TV- I saw your DK and it was cool.
13: Hydrazoid- I don't remember you. xD
13: Tichinde925- Your Marth was fun. :)
17: Nick- I didn't play you.
17: Gianni29- I didn't play you either. :p
17: Zanx- Actually win matches next time >:(
17: Prawn- You said I looked like Ally a little? LOL
17: Chad- Cool Sheik.
I'm bad with remembering who was who so sorry if we played and I just didn't remember.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
All the videos I have are edited and are either uploaded or uploading to MeleeAtlNorth.

Video Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14369651

I'm going to finish editing the first post of the video thread when I wake up, but I'm going to leave my laptop on so all the uploads finish. Please post in it and make sure it gets attention.
Please add that thread to the first post, Shawn.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday presents two weekends in a row.

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
13: The Chilli King
13: TV
13: Hydrazoid
13: Tichinde925

13: Hydrazoid - don't think we played, but thanks for coming
13: Hydrazoid- I don't remember you. xD
My name is LITERALLY not very hard to get right. it's even wrong on the bracket image too :/

even if you guys don't remember me there, I'm really glad i went! it was an absolute blast, and great to see matt finally win one.

hope to see you guys around!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Elen - Good matches. That luigi was confusing. Hopefully see you at Smash in the Box

Mafia - I'm posting this from your basement. Good job, and meet me in top3 at Mass Madness.

KevinM - Nobody makes me laugh as hard as you do. I just fall into the ocean that is you and I can never find the shore. Never stop.

Banks - 5th place placing #617

Trees - Ganon's fair in Project:M is HUGEEE.

Yong - Good job! You really stepped it up

Shawn - Corneria is too fun. Thanks for hosting.

Diesel - Thanks for driving and recording, Dan. See you next weekend.

Ryucloud - We didn't talk much at this. </3

HaileyM - Stop giving me so close sets in tournament! Once you learn how to beat marth I'll never beat you =(

MyTummyHertz - Good to see you Jesse :D

The Chilli King - <3

TV - Aka Vigilante aka the king of all blacks aka **** tom - Thanks for driving and all. I think you're still really good.

HydrOzoid - Thanks for recording. I hope my advice will help.

Tichinde925 - So basically the entire me-winning-the-tournament thing happened only because I beat you in the money match so I could enter. YOU COULD HAVE CHANGED FATE, YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS.

Nick - SWAG

Zanx - Hope to see you at more tournaments man, good playing you.

Prawn - Random entry. Still loving the haircut.

Zoso - lol

Elen

Smash Lord
ZoSo didn't have the heart to give Matt the birthday present we agreed on, so he had to step out.

Great job running the tournament Shawn, it was awesome!

Top notch job with the video recording and uploading Matt. Even if I joked about it with you at the tournament, I'm impressed with how professionally you handled the whole process!

Top Bottom