• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #4 Results

BSP

Smash Legend
Baton Rouge Monthly #4
5/5/2012

Singles

1: lee ($35.75) :metaknight:
2: jnig ($19.50) :wario:
3: brawlman1000 ($6.50) :sonic::mario2:
4: thesaintkai ($3.25) :popo:
5: .D :metaknight:
5: li-d :falco:
7: gunner :pikachu2:
7: r0ni :metaknight:
9: kewkky :kirby2::zerosuitsamus:
9: okuser :snake::metaknight:
9: CJ :lucario:
9: BSP :sonic::luigi2:
13: eso :lucas:

Bracket

Doubles

1: lee + r0ni ($35.00)
2: D + Byron ($15.00)
3: BSP + Brawlman1000
4: Kewkky + Kai
5: CJ + Jnig

Shoutouts-

1: lee - We only played in doubles this time, which is fine by me because I was in no shape to attempt to deal with your MK lol. GGs and thanks for coming

2: jnig - Only played you in doubles as well. My Mario gets wrecked in singles, but I seem to have a better shot with him in 2v2s. I think I'll stick with him for a bit. GGs and thanks for coming and I really appreciate you bringing setups.

3: brawlman1000 - I'm tired of seeing you getting really close to beating Jnig, but coming up just short of it. Push through! You are definitely the best Sonic in La. now, I couldn't keep up lol. Good stuff in teams. If only we could have pulled that set off vs. Byron and D, we would have made something! Oh well :rolleyes:

4: thesaintkai - You and kewkky were my first OOS entrants ever. Thanks for coming out and you went it as well. La. doesn't have much IC experience...I'm sure we'll all be looking out for them now. GGs and thanks for coming

5: .D - You beat me straight up today. The MK Sonic MU is just no fun for me anymore. I lose close up, I lose in recovery, and I lose in just about every situation :rolleyes: I will be picking up someone to handle you so be ready. GGs. Oh, and good stuff in doubles. You and Byron were putting some work in.

Byron - You and D impressed me in doubles today. You guys are always improving, and I really need to step my game up if I'm going to keep up with you guys. GGs.

5: li-d - We did not play this time around, but I'm glad you came out as usual. I told you that you couldn't quit :smirk:

7: gunner - We didn't play, but thanks for coming out and thank you for the setup. Maybe I'll try out pikachu....I really need something for MK now :(

7: r0ni - I was trying vs. you btw. I just suck with marth and olimar lol. But yeah, MK v Sonic is not fun anymore as I said to D. I'll have to find someone else to use in the meantime. GGs and thanks for coming. And good stuff in dubs.

9: kewkky - As I said to Kai, you're my first OOS attendance ever so thanks for coming. Inb4 rust johns lol. Get back into shape and then show us what you're made of lol. GGs and thanks for coming

9: okuser - We didn't play....I need to make an effort to play everyone so I don't have to write this so many times. Thanks for coming out.

9: CJ - GGs from doubles and thanks for coming out. Stop blowing yourself up :p

9: BSP - Well, it's time...I need to pick up a new main. When the mid tier vs. high tier MUs stop being fun, it's time to move on because if I'm not enjoying myself, why would I bother trying? I need to go to more smashfests and just experiment....on a different note, great job on getting 4 tournaments in the bag! I really feel like I'm doing something more for our smash scene now.

13: eso - "WDNP" should be a new acronym lol. I will make sure to get some games in with you next time.

Kit Kat - enter something next time, or don't bother showing your face
jk, you're fun to hang around.

Adam - I don't talk to racists
I'm serious
Nah, thanks for coming out, but why no entry? You're still good at the game. You could at least do doubles

Turaz - coach me on who I should main :(

I think I'm forgetting one person for a setup...whoever it was, thank you; I really appreciate it. I believe it was Facey, Byron, and Li-D

Character corrections plz

Okuser

Smash Ace
okuser - We didn't play....I need to make an effort to play everyone so I don't have to write this so many times. Thanks for coming out.
yea and then maybe you would remember who I am and wouldn't have to ask me every time.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
GG brawlman, was quite close. I didn't know what to do without SV or FD! Sorry we didn't our MM in, Okuser wanted to leave sooner than expected.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
9: kewkky - As I said to Kai, you're my first OOS attendance ever so thanks for coming. Inb4 rust johns lol. Get back into shape and then show us what you're made of lol. GGs and thanks for coming
Pfft, I don't need johns, all I need is practice! I came to the tourney to play Brawl and have fun, not to win, so I'm good with whatever outcome, even if I would've gotten last place. I'll be going to as many tourneys as possible to get dat practice, I can't let other Kirby players think they're top 5 material! :awesome:

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

1: lee - MM me more next time, and teach me some things and some stuff, because I wanna beat you. d:
2: jnig - HYPE ****ING MATCH BRO. Seriously though, good ****. I haven't been that shaky after a match since I beat ragnarock from AL in grand finals (I came from losers, lol)
Looking forward to playing you again soon. d:
3: brawlman1000 - Dude, good job coming back and beating me in losers. I need to learn how to play against that weird *** character, because everything is a mind game with you! GGs.
4. thesaintkai - If you drop another chain grab, you're switching to Ganon forever.
5. .D - WAIT I THINK YOU WERE THE GUY I PLAYED FOREVER AND TAUGHT ABOUT ICE CLIMBERS
You were awesome, great games, and good job learning the match up so quickly. Hopefully I'll see you in tourney next time! :D
5. li-d - The Falco - ICs MU is terribad man. d: I can teach you some things about it next time, but you were really quiet this time. ):
7. r0ni - I've never seen someone so elated after beating me, ahahahaahahaha. x) I enjoyed our match! GGs, and thanks for being a good sport about it.
7. gunner - Didn't get to play your Pikachu. ): I wanted to! Next time for sure.
9: kewkky - GOTTA PUT IN MORE WORK
9: okuser - I don't think I played you. ):
9: CJ - NEED TO PLAY ALL OF YOU GUYS
9: BSP - Only played you in like two friendlies man, we need more next time!
13: eso - I feel badly for not playing like half of you guys.

BYRON, BECAUSE I ALMOST FORGOT YOU BECAUSE YOU
DIDN'T
ENTER
SINGLES
good games man, enter singles and wreck shop next time. Don't be so afraid of my grab. :)

A great tournament for my first time coming out to Louisiana, and I might be at HOBO 38. ;D

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Great tourney, had a lot of fun!

SHOUTOUTS!!!

Lee: Nice playing u in dubz but we should play a 1v1 set next time too. I've gotten better since last time we played so lets see what I can do against u now.;)

JNig: GGs man. I really like playing u, we had some pretty intense matches! I think if I camp u I may do better but camping is gaaaaaaaay and I refuse to do it against u lol. I'd rather lose straight up than camp like a ***** but its all good. I'm getting closer to beating u I can feel it.

Bman1K: U went in this tourney man good ****! Keep it up!!!

TheSaintKai: GGs and thanks for coming out! When we met in losers I knew exactly what I was gonna do, spin, and luckily it worked! Had a lot of fun playing u and make sure u practice on grabbing Sonic out of his spins. Also, thanks for the IC experience. If anyone wants to go national thats definitely a MU we need to become familiar with so thanks!

.D: Finally beat u. I think I got the MK MU down pat now finally. GGs.

Li-D: Didn't play u. Kinda glad tho cuz I'm still afraid of your Falco lol but maybe next time.

Gunner: Very close set. U almost had me but I just got into this flow and started doing work lol. I was looking for u after I lost to JNig, didn't even realize u left. U improved so much since BRM 3 so I'm really looking forward to dat MM ggs.

r0ni: GGs in dubz. U reminded me of ESAM at Apex when he beat Kakera when u took that game off of Saint lol. I think the last time we played was at LasT Smash V so we should definitely play a 1v1 set sometime.

Kewkky: GGs in dubz man and thanks for coming all this way! Hope to play u in a 1v1 set someday.;)

Okuser: GGs in our set bro. I know u can do better against me just gotta step it up.

CJ: GGs in dubz.

BSP: Don't give up on Sonic if thats what u're implying by saying "I need a new main". A good high tier would do wonders for u in the MK MU but tbh imo MK isn't THAT bad for Sonic. As a matter of fact I believe its Sonic's EASIEST -2 MU. But I don't blame u for wanting a better character I'm just saying don't give up on Sonic. U know as well as I do that when u're having a good day your Sonic is unstoppable! Also, I feel like some of the games/sets we drop in dubz are cuz off me...I suck in doubles.:( I really enjoy it tho and I wanna get better at it. And lets keep working on dat :mario2: and :sonic: combo! Now time to go watch a ****load of dubz vids. Great tourney BSP!

ESO: GGs in our set too. Always wanted to try out Mario vs Lucas it seemed really fun to me and it was! Low tiers need more love in LA tho...

Byron, Adam, Turaz, Kit Kat: GGs in dubz Byron but the rest of u should have entered something dammit!

Great tourney, had fun and yeah keep MK legal in singles and double MK banned. He doesn't bother me like he used to now that I've gotten better at the MU. Thanks for coming again Florida, hope to see u guys again and try to bring more ppl next time! Also BSP, plz put :mario2: next to Sonic, I used him vs ESO.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Why did I get 13th wehn Okuser went 0-2 just like me? :(

Anyways, fun tourney, pretty cool to get one done so fast, gj bsp. gg's to all I friendlied and I wish i would have friendlied the OoS but y'all come back. gg bsp, you still rocked me with a low tier, ha. GG r0ni, probably the best I've ever played, maybe I'll get you next time.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I was on tour for my band in MS/LA/TX for the past week. I just got back today.
I can't believe I missed you coming to LA. :'(

:phone:
Dude!!! What do you play? Link me to some of your stuff. :D

It was all of a sudden, I was planning on Tallahassee, but it didn't work out so I found another tourney. Sorry bro. ): We coulda had that pro team again. x)

BSP

Smash Legend
Great tourney, had a lot of fun!

BSP: Don't give up on Sonic if thats what u're implying by saying "I need a new main". A good high tier would do wonders for u in the MK MU but tbh imo MK isn't THAT bad for Sonic. As a matter of fact I believe its Sonic's EASIEST -2 MU. But I don't blame u for wanting a better character I'm just saying don't give up on Sonic. U know as well as I do that when u're having a good day your Sonic is unstoppable! Also, I feel like some of the games/sets we drop in dubz are cuz off me...I suck in doubles.:( I really enjoy it tho and I wanna get better at it. And lets keep working on dat :mario2: and :sonic: combo! Now time to go watch a ****load of dubz vids. Great tourney BSP!
I'm switching mains....from black sonic to original sonic :awesome: I should probably just solo him too...I always think he's got the most potential out of my characters.

I just had a bad day. Everyone goes through them. I know exactly why I had mine though. I hadn't been practicing enough to keep my Sonic in shape. You perform like how you practice. If the practice is non-existent, there goes all of your consistency. I'm being a scrub by blaming my character before I look at myself. I was just watching some of Espy's vids and remembered that Sonic at top level is fun to watch and a force to be reckoned with. He was doing fine vs. Lucario, another -2 MU. I can't quit on :sonic: now, we still have to prove he's viable! Expect me to avenge myself next tournament.

You want to get better at dubs, watch the vids like you said. I try to emphasize teamwork when I play. That's what Dubs is all about really imo. The better team wins, and not so much the better players. Player skill is important, but good coordination can overcome a disadvantage in skill.

Also, the games we dropped were not your fault, I'm not perfect either lol. We both have room to improve. I can't really give an opinion on Sonic in doubles though because I hate using him in them lol. Watch espy with Kprime, they manage to pull it off.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
1: lee - Yeah yeah...

2: jnig -Didn't get to play you, but I watched you try to 1v2 a bunch in doubles. I wanted to cry after BSP/Brawlman just pummel released you to u-smash...

3: brawlman1000 - Good **** getting 3rd (Since that means you had to take out the IC meance?!) and good set. We should make it a point

4: thesaintkai - OOS hype! We're all super glad you showed up, and though we didn't get to play (Though I can assure you I was pumped up to camp like a *****) your match vs. JNig was awesome. Try to come to as many of our tourney's as possible! Maybe we can up the entry to 10$ when you do?

5: .D - I expected better without me in your way :p. Though maybe your kirby will be enough to stop me. Watch out for the falco in the shadows....

5: li-d - Glad I didn't have to chain grab you entry fee away...

7: gunner - Eh, not too happy with my placing, but since BSP got lolraped by LA's squad of MK's, I guess it's fine.

7: r0ni - We should've played friendlies but oh well.

9: kewkky - Your kirby is ferocious, and that was a ****ty trip. We should ZSS mirror one day, she is my secondary.

9: okuser - Get slayed by sonic.

9: CJ - Had you never seen a pikachu QaC lock before? That was a funny reaction when I started doing it :D.

9: BSP - I couldn't believe it when you got knocked out in just 2 rounds! But I'm glad you're sticking to sonic. I can be your k prime bsp!

13: eso - Good match with r0ni, though I didn't get to see all of it. Sucks that you/r0ni were the only ones who didn't get loser's byes.

Adam: I want my money match. Also enter something.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I'm switching mains....from black sonic to original sonic :awesome: I should probably just solo him too...I always think he's got the most potential out of my characters.

I just had a bad day. Everyone goes through them. I know exactly why I had mine though. I hadn't been practicing enough to keep my Sonic in shape. You perform like how you practice. If the practice is non-existent, there goes all of your consistency. I'm being a scrub by blaming my character before I look at myself. I was just watching some of Espy's vids and remembered that Sonic at top level is fun to watch and a force to be reckoned with. He was doing fine vs. Lucario, another -2 MU. I can't quit on :sonic: now, we still have to prove he's viable! Expect me to avenge myself next tournament.

You want to get better at dubs, watch the vids like you said. I try to emphasize teamwork when I play. That's what Dubs is all about really imo. The better team wins, and not so much the better players. Player skill is important, but good coordination can overcome a disadvantage in skill.

Also, the games we dropped were not your fault, I'm not perfect either lol. We both have room to improve. I can't really give an opinion on Sonic in doubles though because I hate using him in them lol. Watch espy with Kprime, they manage to pull it off.
Thats the spirit BSP! I tried using black Sonic too but it just wasn't working out lol. So I'm training my green Sonic to get on my blue Sonic's level. Its not easy tho...training a new color is like training a brand new character!

:sonic: :sonic: :sonic:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
9: kewkky - Your kirby is ferocious, and that was a ****ty trip. We should ZSS mirror one day, she is my secondary.
I'll make sure to give you a much better match next time, too bad we couldn't friendly after the tourney. I completely lost sight of you too.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Lee: Sorry I wasn't up to my full potential in our matches. Didn't have the camp in me this day I guess. NEXT TIME THO.

Brawlman1000: GG's, Sonic has to keep me on my toes! Good stuff this tourney!

Saint: GG's as well, such a close set! You had me with a few grabs, I got lucky I suppose. I remember you from the PCola tourney I went to a while back, and you've improved immensely from what I remember. Thanks for making the looooong trip, I wish we knew earlier so I could offer housing and we could hype it up so more people would come! I also await a rematch!

.D: We didn't play, it happens when there's only 4 setups.

Li-D: See .D

Gunner: See .D

r0ni: OMG you're moving to NOLA!!!!!!!!!!!! What a goooooood friend! I cannot contain my excitement, we shall celebrate your arrival! Good stuff beating BSP too!

Kewkky: Same as Saint, thanks for coming out! Glad to see PCola still has players with the motivation to travel, maybe I'll make another trip out there again. Oh, and DAT UPTILT!

Okuser: See .D

CJ: OMG THE CJ HAS RETURNED! I don't know if you'll see this CJ, but I'm really happy you're making a comeback. I really want you to put in the work to get really good again, there's a lot of players out in BR that will practice with you, plus this summer we'll have plenty of time to do smashfests and stuff!

BSP: What happened man? I was told you went Marth and Oli vs r0ni? What is this? Don't be trying out characters first time in tournament matches! This is a learning period, you must decide whether to fully commit to one character, or find that strong/solid 2nd that compliments your main.

ESO: See .D

Byron: See .D, and you even told me we never play friendlies! If there's ever a surplus of setups that we can play friendlies, we need to get on that.

Adam: Quit not entering, laammeeee

People, you must learn to ALWAYS bring your setups whenever possible. It makes things better for everyone, people can play friendlies, and the tourney runs faster and smoother. And BR people, CJ is going to LSU now, his number is (504)275-5987. Please get in touch with him whenever you guys have fests and stuff, he wants to get back into the scene!

On teams, it says CJ + Jnig (CJ + Gunner). Wha???? And CJ also played Lucario.

BSP

Smash Legend
Fixed that Jnig.

I see that edit. I hate kirby's u tilt too :mad:

Gunner, I can't do Sonic in doubles....just can't do it lol

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Saint: GG's as well, such a close set! You had me with a few grabs, I got lucky I suppose. I remember you from the PCola tourney I went to a while back, and you've improved immensely from what I remember. Thanks for making the looooong trip, I wish we knew earlier so I could offer housing and we could hype it up so more people would come! I also await a rematch!
I had actually given up until I came back game 2. I was dropping so many grabs that I thought there was no way I'd win, especially when you took me to PS1. Extremely good games, I will be back to make our set count even. ;D
I wish I had known earlier! I made the decision like 5 minutes before I posted in the thread, which was like Thursday night, lol.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I triple power shielded that u-tilt **** like a boss.
But yeah we brought 2 full setups...I know we can do better.
HOWEVER, starting close to on time was amazing. Running Bull couldn't believe we were home so early.
We should start enforcing a higher entry fee or something (simply not allowing people to enter doesn't work with such a small scene).

Edit: for people who are late that is

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Oh, if any of you guys want Ice Climbers matchup knowledge (experience when I'm around) then just message me, I taught someone (pretty sure .D was the guy, I can't remember lol) how to fight ICs and he became phenomenally harder to grab. ):

Curlz

Smash Lord
Dude!!! What do you play? Link me to some of your stuff. :D

It was all of a sudden, I was planning on Tallahassee, but it didn't work out so I found another tourney. Sorry bro. ): We coulda had that pro team again. x)
I'm a vocalist. I scream and, believe it or not, rap for my band. Check your messages for the info on where to hear my stuff. Also, my phone number is in there. Shot me a message if y'all are in town again. I'll house you no problem! We'll get our badass team back soon, yo! :D

Top Bottom