• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact III - Mr. R/Vinnie/Dabuz/Anti (MK Banned) Stream 100$ POT BONUS

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
941 Hempstead Turnpike, Franklin Square, NY 11010

This is going to be in the same venue that was used for the previous Impact and Vinnie's Uprise series, so take me and Vinnies word when we say this venue is amazing. It's spacious, has a big parking lot that is free, and is near many food places! For those of you who haven't seen the venue yet, I will be getting pictures of it soon.

Prices:
Venue fee: $10
Singles entry fee: $10
Doubles entry fee: $10 per person
Side event: $5 per person (this can be anything ranging from Brawl Mid Tiers, MK64, and Draft Crews)

Di$counts:
New Player Discount: If neither of the TO's (Raptor and Coontail) have seen you before in an offline tournament, you are eligible for $5 off your venue fee. We're being very lenient with this so you might get away with it, if you attended one or two a while back and are now deciding to come back.
Setups Dicsount: TV's are 3$ off and Wii's are 2$ off. So basically, if you're a new player and bring a full setup you're getting a free venue fee. ***Keep in mind there's always a chance you wont get a discount for your setup IF we no longer need them anymore***
Driver Discount: If you bring a full carpool, you will get 3$ off your venue fee.
OoR Discount: If you come to this and are not from NY/NJ you will get 5$ off venue.

Payouts:
Singles
1st place: 55%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 5%

Doubles
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Side Event:
1st place: 55%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 5%

Setups:
1. Coontail (Full)
2. Nuke (Full)
3. Sama (Wii)
4. Dul0r (Full)
5. Dul0r (Full)
6. Dul0r (Full)
7. Dul0r (TV)
8. Raptor (Wii)
9. Ghost (Full)
10. Nuke (TV)
11. Venue (TV)
12. Deven3000 (Wii)
13. John12346 (Wii)
14. Will (Full)
15. JamLosingTheGame (Wii)
16. Dabuz (Full)

Schedule:​
12:00pm - Store opens / registration begins
1:00pm - Doubles begins
3:00pm - Singles begins
6:00pm - Side event begins
6-9:30pm - Friendlies/MM's
10:00pm - Store closes

Ruleset:
We will be using Apex Ruleset.
Just like the previous tournament though, I'm letting you guys decide which ruleset we should use! The next post will have the options and you can either vote to keep this ruleset or have another. Make sure you vote! I dont want any complaints on the day of the tournament

* 3 Stocks
* 8 Minute Time Limit
* Items set to “Off” and “None”
* Pause set to “Off”
* All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
* There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
* The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
o In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganon Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

*Doubles Rules
o Team Attack set to “On”
o Life stealing is allowed.
o In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
o In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

* If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure:

* Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
* Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
* Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
* The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
* The first match is played.
* The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
* The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
* The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
* The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
* The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
* The next match is played.
* Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

Conduct Rules

* In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
* Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
* The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

Stream:

http://twitch.tv/TeamCustomCombo2
These guys have an amazing setup and streamed our first tournament! They get payed to stream for games like MvC3 in the FGC and they will be here once again to provide us with a quality stream, so if you can't make the tournament at least make sure to catch the stream!

SFxTK and UMvC3
That's right, not only will this tournament feature Brawl, but it will also have SFxTK and UMvC3 hosted by TeamCustomCombo! Now, I know you guys probably aren't too fond of having our setups used for another game, but NONE of the setups that are brought in for Brawl will be used for another game. TeamCustomCombo will provide setups for SFxTK and UMvC3 so there shouldn't be any problem. So if you enjoy Brawl, and also have some interest in SFxTK or UMvC3 please make sure to come out since not many tournaments are able to do this!
Team Custom Combo Presents: Long Island Brawl ! @ Planet Gaming (941 Hempstead Turnpike Franklin Square, NY 11010)
Okay guys we have a treat for the community; Team Custom Combo is putting together a MONTHLY TOURNAMENT SERIES for the Fighting Game Community. We want the community to grow out here and have a proving ground to show off the tech that they have discovered and win some BIKE MONEY. This event will be Streamed curtsey of Team Custom Combo.
Long Island Brawl will in compose a variety of fighting games; the games currently on the roster are Street Fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Super Smash Bros Brawl.
This will be a dual hosted event between two communities that that are very strong on Long Island and should try to be more supportive of each other since there are people in the Smash Community that want to play Capcom Fighters and Vice versa.

Casuals/ Registration Start at 2PM
Tournament starts at 3:30PM
Venue Fee: 10$
Entrance Fee: 10$ Per Game
There will be a POT BONUS of $50 for SFXTK Singles so this is going to be a fat pot, and there will be a raffle for players that enter in two or more events.
SFXTK and UMVC3 will be on Xbox 360, and SSBB on Wii. You are allowed to use whatever controller you prefer but if it’s a pad it must be wired.

The Rules:
Street Fighter X Tekken Singles
2 out of 3 sets.
Gems are disabled.
Winners, Losers, Grand Finals: 3 out of 5 sets.
Pot Split: 70, 20, 10 for 1st , 2nd, & 3rd respectively*

Street Fighter X Tekken Teams
Evo Standard
2 out of 3 sets.
Gems are disabled.
Pot Split: 70, 20, 10 for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd respectively*

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2 out of 3 sets.
Pot Split: 70, 20, 10 for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd respectively*
Only Costume Glitch allowed
*Pot split is subject to change depending on the number of entrants

Watch the Stream at www.twitch.tv/TeamCustomCombo

Please make it a priority to come out to this especially if you're on LI! We have an amazing venue with many food stores nearby, and many ways for you to save money on the venue fee. We also have a quality stream! There's no excuse not to make it! If you need help getting to this or need a ride please pm me ASAP and I will find you a ride if available. So once again, please make it out to this!

Interested Attendees List:
1. Will
2. TAYF_Cider
3. Coontail
4. Dabuz
5. Dcold
6. Deven3000
7. Dillon3000
8. TAYF_X
9. JoeST
10. John12346
11. LoF Nakat
12. TAYF_LuigiSama
13. MikeKirby
14. Nairo
15. NY Gee
16. TAYF_SGTW
17. TAYF_Raptor
18. TAYF_theDuL0R
19. TheKillaCam
20. Delux
21. Tony T
22. TAYF_Ghos+
23. Dekillsage3000
24. Apex | Vinnie
25. Zer0 2
26. Zorai
27. TAYF_Nuke
28. TAYF_BlueZ
29. PentaSalia
30. Z3roN
31. SeriousBubba
32. Thunderst0rm
33. ElloEddy
34. YUNq PHR3$H
35. VvV_Cheese
36. Pane
37. SOS
38. Mr.Eric
39. Sisqo
40. JpIsCrazy
41. HelpR
42. Sheen
43. D.Pch
44. NinjaLink
45. DewDaDash
46. Bizkit
47. ChuDat
48. ******
49. Bacinator
50. Omega Tyrant
51. Luxord
52. No_Skillz
53. JamLosingTheGame
54. MX778
55. RareSpark
56. Muñoz
57. MetalPat
58. Bloodcross
59. Viva.
60. Atomsk
61. Mr R
62. Anti
63. Problem
64. Juice.Shadow
65. Fatal
66. Koolaid
67. EE Flowers
68. Inui

(Not a confirmed list)

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I just want to remind everyone our setups will not be used for any games but Brawl. TeamCustomCombo will provide setups for SFxTk and UMvC3. Also here is the poll for the ruleset. Please leave a post on this thread or on aib stating which Ruleset you would rather have. Although it is an option, I want everyone to be aware that the URC is dead now meaning MK is no longer banned nationally, so I would advise not to vote for MK banned since there's really no point anymore lol.

Apex Rules (Stays as is) - 6
Japanese Ruleset - 5
Apex Ruleset (MK Banned) - 14

AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13343

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Hype hype hype! Last Impact we had one week of advertising and we got 34 people. We have a full month now so start hyping this ish up! :3

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Start making plans for this Eddy! :)

What town do you live in? There's a lot of players around the area who may be able to play with you.

:phone:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I might, but I have no idea what I'll be doing or what I can't do on this weekend this far in advance.

Not trolling, I might wanna do doubles (preferrably with a Peach) after I entered with BigDM before lol

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
For those of you who attended Impact II, would you rather have just Brawl for Impact IV? Meaning should we drop SFxTK and UMVC3? I don't think anyone here joined those 2 games last time so yeah...

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
With SKTAR around the corner, the rule set should be the SKTAR rule set. Gotta get that practice in. That means we can ban all stages in Japenese Rule set

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Sure if you can't ban neutrals. But SKTAR rules says you can. Its tournament setting practice. But can't argue with people afraid of that bat. I know Ocean wasn't. Just sayain

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
No it's still boring even if you can ban neutrals. Plus, taking away good counterpicks from characters because of one broken character is pretty dumb. Apex (MK Legal) > Apex (MK banned) > MK64 > Japanese ruleset imo

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well people usually only show up to like 1 or 2 tourneys a month so I thought that'd kill hype, it does in FL anyways >_>"

As it stands, I don't know if I'll be going to this tourney or the PA tourney. It all really depends on attendance and convenience. The only way I can get near here is to take megabus.com from DC to NY,NY, but I just checked mapquest and thats like 45 minutes from this tourney, so yea I'd need a ride and possibly housing.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Actually no you won't be needing the LIRR you need the subway. :p and you won't need a ride considering you will be like 1 min away.

@DewDaDash "Take the F Train to the last stop Jamaca 179st in Queens and take the N6 Bus 36 stops(24mins) and walk one min to the store. If you're going to Impact or Uprise of LI 8 that is the cheapest way to get there. $2.25 for the F Train and a transfer to the N6 Bus."

You can probably find these same directions on google maps. If you need anything else let me know.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Actually no you won't be needing the LIRR you need the subway. :p and you won't need a ride considering you will be like 1 min away.

@DewDaDash "Take the F Train to the last stop Jamaca 179st in Queens and take the N6 Bus 36 stops(24mins) and walk one min to the store. If you're going to Impact or Uprise of LI 8 that is the cheapest way to get there. $2.25 for the F Train and a transfer to the N6 Bus."

You can probably find these same directions on google maps. If you need anything else let me know.
One thing straight, thats the subway to Jamaica...NOT LI!!!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Look forward to this. However I'd still need housing for Saturday morning b4 the tourney... the bus arrives in NY,NY at midnight and would still need to take the subway to Impact3 unless theres housing somehow in NY,NY

Also can I get some mm's please? The trip to here and back is like $40. Not to mention that doesn't cover the cost of tourney fee and entrance.

My attendance isn't confirmed yet btw. However, the possibility of going is definitely there, it all rly depends on my willingness to go nd the support i can get. As you can see though this is a bit pricey for me, not to mention i have no idea how id find housing. Those are my main concerns. Like i said, its between this and the PA tourney. Convince me to go to this instead =]

oh yea, chu and ****** would most likely join along but im not confirming them yet lol

Top Bottom