• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in the Box - 5/12 - Boston, MA

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Thanks to everyone for attending. It was a fun and relaxed day with some pretty surprising upsets. See you all at Mass Madness on Saturday!

Video thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14369651

Singles
1: KoreanDJ ($72.00)
2: Mafia ($33.00)
3: KevinM ($21.00)
4: MattDotZeb ($12.00)
5: YCZ6 ($6.00)
5: Gonzales ($6.00)
7: WeaponX
7: Crush
9: Arc
9: Fuel Cell
9: Foxlisk
9: Diesel
13: Rose Dewitt Bukater
13: Puke
13: Vpolar

Bracket:

Random 2-man Crews
1: Arc + Mafia ($20)
2: KoreanDJ + HaileyM ($4)
3: Gonzales + MattDotZeb
4: Crush + KevinM
5: Diesel + Fuel Cell
5: Nito + The Trap

Bracket:

PS. Mafia is missing his copy of Melee. If you have it please PM him or post in the thread.

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
I felt like I was playing really well today. Good stuff to Kevin and Gonzales for beating me. While I think, given my performance against him in the past, that I can beat Gonzales, he definitely capitalized on my weakness to Sheik (My Sheakness) and exposed me a bit. I look forward to being able to improve and beat Gonzales consistently.

Good stuff everybody. My boy JIM going HARD.

It was a slightly smaller tournament, but great practice for Mass Madness for those people interested in going. A great time was had by all with several crew battles and whatnot.

Thanks, Matt and Fats!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
lol gonna be hard to beat little england when you're losing to mafia (who jason beat at genesis) and kevinm (who's just not that good)

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Good games guys. Nice playing with you all even though I was super rusty. Now you all know to take a Kirby somewhat seriously (and by that, I mean not at all).

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
While it would have been nice to record some of my Kirby, it's not a huge deal. Besides, after the crew matches, everyone kind of figured out he's a one-trick character and beat me afterwards =\.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
nah I accept that Matt is good but after seeing you vs him i didnt think you could lose to Crush in a falco ditto (which i found out you didn't lose to his Falco anyway). Don't care how good Crush actually gets i wont accept it because of this

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
nah I accept that Matt is good but after seeing you vs him i didnt think you could lose to Crush in a falco ditto (which i found out you didn't lose to his Falco anyway). Don't care how good Crush actually gets i wont accept it because of this
I'm confused.

Is it his 2011 join date?

That he only has 36 friends? (What a loser!)

Because he lied about his Melee main?

Because he has a Brawl main?

Crush is legit. Once he gets a solid mental game down he'll be really good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
lol gonna be hard to beat little england when you're losing to mafia (who jason beat at genesis) and kevinm (who's just not that good)
Yo P why don't you go get bodied by Sethlon again or something.

Sorry you're so mad all the time. :awesome:

Anyways I had a super fun time shouts to finally going to a tournament and just having a lot of fun, getting third was a pretty hilarious bonus for going into that tournament as cold as I did and shouts to all the hilarious stuff afterwards!

DJ and Mafia, you know I'll run it back next time with some real ferocity, but for now those sets were a lot of fun and now I know for sure that Falcon is not the answer and Usmashing shields is IN FACT PUNISHABLE.

Diesel John Tom, Homies that was a hella good time after the tournament and was my entire reason for coming to Boston in the first place! I'm just glad I had some dollar bills in my pocket to enter

Crush, we winnin that next time if we're ever on the same crew ;).

Hailey, good stuff ****** Mafia god he's bad. <3

WeaponX, let's stop playing in tournament and hang out instead!

Neil, shoulda went kirby.

<3 you guys, see you next week!

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
no hate man i know crush is a cool kid and he has gotten really good. hes just a big lovable troll on the boards so i didn't expect him to be as good as he his now. just my way of saying good sh*t Crush and that i'm impressed without quite admitting it. Also i just watched Crush vs. Mafia and he did work
He knows i wuv em

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
uh well i will accept that as a compliment despite how backhanded it was

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I just came by to say that Kevin M is legit, and P should be doing this all day instead of posting

Top Bottom