• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woodlawn II - San Antonio, TX - May 12

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
[size=+3]Woodlawn II Results[/size]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320847 (May 12, 2012) (San Antonio, TX)

We didn't get nearly as many entrants as last time, but the tournament was still a blast! Thanks to everyone who came. I'll work hard to make the next tournament much more hyped than this one.

Singles (Pro) (8 Entrants):
($5.00 Entrance Fee)

1. Trela ($47.00) :lucario:

2. Dojo ($24.00) :popo:

3. Espy ($14.00) :sonic:

4. K Prime ($10.00) :pikachu2:

5. Nike :marth:

5. Jrugs :snake:

7. Zero :sonic:

7. Megafox :fox:

Bracket:

Singles (Amateur) (9 Entrants):
($5.00 Entrance Fee)

1. Blondie ($5.00) :falco:

2. Paw :snake:

3. CBF :falco: :popo:

4. Sonic King :sonic:

5. Suspect :pt:

5. D-Man :fox:

7. SilentManny :rob:

7. Geoberos :diddy:

9. Walter ???

Bracket:

Pools:

Doubles (5 Teams):
($5.00 Entrance Fee)

1. Trela + K Prime ($42.00) :lucario: + :pikachu2:

2. Megafox + Nike ($18.00) :fox: + :marth:

3. Dojo + Espy ??? + :sonic:

4. Suspect + Slush :marth: :kirby2: + :yoshi2:

5. Zero + Blondie :sonic: + :falco:

6. D-Man + Walter :fox: + :pit:

Bracket:

[size=+1]Videos:[/size]

Might come eventually...

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Jrugs was one utilt away from beating Espy too. He got so much better since last time he was here.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Not really surprising that Jrugs got a lot better. He seemed really dedicated.
Good stuff, Jrugs.

Also, Paw going the way of Mike2.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Good Stuff Blondie! Great job Hosting and getting that Amateur win with Falco. Everyones gotta start somewhere.

oh i love the MK ban keep that up.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
@ Viper - Thanks man! It really means a lot to see another falco player see my performance :)

To everyone - This tournament didn't turn out as smooth as the last and I apologize for that. I really don't want to see the Brawl scene keep getting smaller and I will do everything I can to make the next tournament turn out much better!

About the metaknight ban, I am working on a solution that will hopefully make both sides happy and will announce it later.

Please give me any feedback on how the tournament ran and what you liked / didn't like so I can know how to improve for next time.

1. Trela – It was great seeing you in SA again. Congrats on the win. Your lucario always wows me!

2. Dojo – Good job beating Espy and thanks a lot for coming. Hope you had fun. Our last match in crews was funny as hell.

3. Espy – You’ll get your win soon. I know it’s hard for sonic to win against lucario, but I know some day you’ll beat Trela.

4. K Prime – Good job placing fourth. You don’t know how happy you made me when you dd-cided Nike. That was hilarious.

5. Nike – Our mm was fun, even though you destroyed me. I’m gonna work hard to put up a challenge to your marth one day.

5. Jrugs – It was good seeing you back in SA, and holy cow you got good. Great job beating Megafox.

7. Zero – Thanks for coming and bringing a TV. Also, I can’t thank you enough for the moral support and coaching you gave me in am bracket. It really helped me out a lot. Keep up all the good work.

7. Megafox – Too bad you had to leave early. Thanks for coming out though

Big Boss – Man your snake has gotten really good. It surprised me! Between you and Jrugs, I was more than ready to take on Paw’s snake. You should’ve entered am bracket though. You probably would’ve won.

Slush – Sorry you felt sick man. It was great seeing you as always and getting our friendlies in. Hope you’re feeling better next time.

1. Blondie – I’m happy I won, but still, I need a LOT of improvement. Hopefully I can really step it up over the summer.

2. Paw – Man, our games were pretty fun. It must’ve been hell though with everyone cheering against you. I wish you went zss though. Next time I want to see your real main at your full potential.

3. CBF - Our games were soooo close. If you could just get some longer cgs with the ics you would’ve won. Thanks for coming.

4. Sonic King – I was a little prepared for our match considering I play Zero so much, but your sonic was really good! Good job on getting fourth.

5. Suspect – Suspect, you’re a great player man. If you went Kirby instead of pt, you probably would’ve beaten me. I really dislike the Kirby matchup lol. Thanks for coming.

5. D-Man – It was great to see you again and I can see that you are improving. Keep up the good work and keep coming to these tournaments! Work on that DI that I told you about.

7. SilentManny – Sorry you had to leave early. That’s really too bad. I feel like you could’ve done pretty good.

7. Geoberos – Thanks for coming out and streaming the crew battle. Your diddy is really fun to play, but I would recommend to pull out the nanners more often. Sorry I didn’t join you guys for milkshakes or whatever you did. I had to study for AP tests.

9. Walter – It was great meeting you! I always enjoy seeing new smashers more than anything! I hope you come to more tournaments.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Trela – Trelasuhgfjrhgka;lkufdvaliuetljralucario

Dojo – Naners? CG in place. If getting caught in one of your grabs was scary enough, I'd be ready to be gimped by your MK.

Espy – Sick spectator mode.

K Prime – Pictochat in Random? K'

Nike – Damn, you just don't make mistakes like you used to. Gotta stop putting myself off stage and somehow handle my naners better not to be grabbed by you. GR to DA was new to me, something I'd never see Marth use ever: DA. BTW, can you upload the saved crew matches? I'll try to match it with the black spots in the crew battle I saved.

Jrugs – Good to see ya back in SA. That match with Megafox sounded hype.

Zero – Go to see ya again.

Megafox – Rox

Big Boss – Put the pressure on crews. **** a Paw.

Slush – The shivers created from an ice-cold Yoshi Smash Attack.

Blondie – Way to keep the pressure with Falco, awesome for Am. Still a personal fear of losing both naners to your reflector. Hell, just one naner, GT to U-Smash sends Diddy flying high without a rocket barrel. But yeah I need to work on the match up.

Paw – GET DUNKED BANNED GG. No seriously, god dammit stay out of my head, just can't touch your ZSS anymore. Bringing Snake Antonio back.

Suspect – No one should ever lose to Beros. Solid rule. Can get you to the last stock, but damn can't get a win outta you. Your diversity still kicks my ***.

D-Man – GGs man.

SilentManny – Would've been nice to see your ROB in action again.

Geoberos – Do well WI, come out 0-47564786 WII, swag improvement

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Espy: Thanks for driving me everyvhere as usual. Get vell soon, Espy.

Geoberos: Thanks for streaming and hosting the milkshake night at your place, sad ve had to leave though...

K Prime: Swallowcide Marth at 3%, 3-0 Coin toss = Lose...
You snore like a demon vhen you're asleep.

Trela: Castle, "At ease knights of thy father's army!! Tis be thy comrades."
Great seeing ya again... pfft sierysjihysji5y Trelita.

Dojo: Blaaaagh
Wanted to play you in the crews battle, but Paw exists.

Nike: "Suck ****, Paw!"

Slush: **** your heart and stomach vith a rake. Hope it burns in the eternal pits of hell...

Megafox: Didn't see much of you, Megacub. Should've stayed for Crews and won it for us again.

Big Boss: Good job ****ing Paw up in crews.

Paw: Go away, Forever...

Jrugs: Was nice seeing you again, wish we could've played. Good job beating Megafox.

Zero: Hopefully next time we actually play in Bracket where it really counts and I don't have any internal problems.

Blondie: Fun Friendlies and thanks for hosting the tournament, despite the not so great turnout like last time... 3 hours late.

Suspect: Thanks for paying the rest of my doubles. Suspect plz

SilentManny: Fun Matches, F-tilt and such cause it's a stupidly good move.

Walter: Fun matches

Overall: ...I really vish I vas rolling in dough so I can not only get rid of these problems inside me. But also have the money to go all over TX again like I use to do back in 2010/11.

Despite my bad performances the past few tournaments (LSC Championships, APEX 2012, and Woodlawn II), I still have the passion to play Brawl competitively.
Just no money vhile others are busy and the game is slowly dying since people get older and get busy vith life stuph.
*Shrugs* I might start hosting weekly Smashfests depending vat happens during the week for me.

Vill say if I don't force myself to practice much since I obviously can practice but almost never choose to, I might quit once WHOBO 4 ends. Cause APEX 2013 is completely Out of the Picture! And all that's left after WHOBO 4 (Since Brawl kinda started dying down a bit once APEX 2012 ended) is APEX and who knows how that'll turn out after how APEX2012 vas run... Guess time vill tell.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
5. Suspect – Suspect, you’re a great player man. If you went Kirby instead of pt, you probably would’ve beaten me. I really dislike the Kirby matchup lol. Thanks for coming.
I know, I just dont take this game to seriously and like to use random characters. Turbo beat me first match and 2nd match I was ****** him but he continued to play like most sonics do which annoys me so I just stood there and let him comeback and win, didnt want to play anymore. Im pretty sure I could of won amatuer bracket unless paw went zss on me

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Don't care all that much for the TX PR at some random times.
But no point in risking to lose major points from the possibility of losing to E-F tier players (especially with the condition I was feeling all day), along with playing AM bracket just for Singles money back.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Sorry we couldn't go to this Blondie, it looked like it would have been fun.
Have you considered allowing MK, but with a "MK cannot pick CP stages" clause? I think most people would be fine with that.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sorry to say, but that's a dumb rule.
If they can't even pick Counterpick Stages, and create more specific rules for one character, we might as well just keep him banned.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
It is simply a compromise that could possibly attract more players (MK mains), while not being too bad on those who wish he would stay banned. You can't afford to be picky with things like complex bans when tournament attendance is so low.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Tournament this time was low cause Austin didn't attend while Houston was gonna be attending, but something must've happened on their end for them to bail.

Despite it being MK banned we still had Dojo come by and still get second place without MK.
Besides, TX only has a grand spanking 4 or so active MK mains.

With a bunch of people like ALSM P4 etc. that go back to MK when he's legal, who hardly attend SA tournaments to begin with...

Edit: Forgot to factor in all the randoms that popped up last Woodlawn that didn't attend this time around.

Top Bottom