• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something 2 Do Monthly 3: May 12th

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
About singles results:

Note that some things may be wrong lower down on the results list due to people leaving after they were eliminated, since we had to recreate the bracket.

Singles (30 entrants total):
1. Kel :metaknight: ($72)
2. Luminoth :wolf:/:metaknight: ($33)
3. Dooms :olimar:/:gw: ($21)
4. Ralph Cecil :snake: ($12)
5. KassandraNova :metaknight:/:peach:/:toonlink: ($6)
5. Shadow Phoenix :metaknight:/:falco: ($6)
7. Mister Eric :rob:
7. Sneaky Tako :dedede:/:rob:
9. Hilt :olimar:
9. Fatty
9. Zarimba :wolf:
9. Shane
13. Tyler
13. Sexy :metaknight:/:snake:
13. Clowsui :marth:/:falco:
13. JDB :gw:
17. Excel :luigi2:
17. A.M. :luigi2:
17. Corey :wario:
17. Home Wrecker
17. Gordie
17. Max
17. The Anime Outlaw :wolf:
17. Jimbo
25. Maggie
25. Hael Phael :pikachu2:
25. Abby
25. Josh
25. Adam
25. ?

Doubles (9 teams total):
1: Kichigai Bakuhatsu (Kel and Sneaky Tako)
2: Joey & Kassandra
3: The amazing misadventures of Squirtle and Turtle (Hael Phael and Ralph Cecil)
4: Swag Force Booty (ShadowPhoenix and Sexy)
5: We're more underground than you (Clowsui and Excel)
5: Corey & Adam
7: Mister Eric & Asa
7: goobyplz (Shane and Tyler)
9: Uber Epic (Josh and AM)

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

Melee (17 entrants total):
1: Kel
2: Lumi
3: Haunted
4: Sneaky Taco
5: Jordy
5: Kody
7: Kassandra
7: Corey
9: Kelly
9: Adam
9: Shane
9: Dooms
13: Clayton
13: Durtle the Turtle
13: Tyler
13: Gene
17: Josh
17: A.M.

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

Thank you to:
Betadyne for being a great Co-TO.
Hilt for recreating the bracket and for helping with the whole tournament in general.
Betadyne, Hael Phael, and Mister Eric for calling matches while I was playing.

Some team names were lost due to the laptop blue screening. If that's the case with your team, just post saying something and I'll fix it.

All I can say is that there won't be a repeat of this. June 16th will be much better. :p

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
This tournament was super fun! :p
Ah, it's so nice to have a Starbucks within walking distance of a tournament. <3
Also when you get a chance to update character usage, I had bracket wins with all 3 of these characters: :metaknight: :peach: :toonlink:

Also you are such a great team mate Joey, I'm sorry if i hold you back in teams. I still had a lot of fun teaming. <3

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
Thank you for hosting, guys. It was lots of fun. I'm really glad we have monthlies around here. Can you post character usage and payouts too?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I put all of the ones that I could remember at the moment.

Still need a lot more, though.

I'm also too out of it to remember payouts that weren't brawl singles.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
This was a pretty awesome tournament. I'll post shoutouts later I guess. o-o Also as far as doubles go me and Phael made $5 each.

Kel

Smash Master
I was on M2K status yesterday. I didn't drop a single game in singles =)

I think I only dropped one in melee too haha.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Singles (30 entrants total):
1. Kel :metaknight: ($72) - Thanks for the practice recently, it helped a lot.
2. Luminoth :wolf:/:metaknight: ($33) - We unfortunately didn't get to play any :(
3. Dooms :olimar:/:gw: ($21) - Dat Olimar. I got you next time. Really though, GGs.
4. Ralph Cecil :snake: ($12) - We also didn't get to play :(
5. KassandraNova :metaknight:/:peach:/:toonlink: ($6) - The other 5th placer. *high five*
5. Shadow Phoenix :metaknight:/:falco: ($6) - You placed in the money, and got top 5th. You are improving, so keep at it.
7. Mister Eric :rob: - Ggs. MK is busted :/
7. Sneaky Tako :dedede:/:rob: - Sorry we didn't get to play any.
9. Hilt :olimar: - Ggs, game 2 was all luck on my part. :/
9. Fatty
9. Zarimba - Thanks for the ride, and don't worry about your placement. Top 10 for your first tourney isn't bad. :D
9. Shane
13. Tyler
13. Sexy :metaknight:/:snake: - You are improving, but you still need a lot of practice. But still, keep at it.
13. Clowsui :marth:/:falco: - Good MM. Still salty about game 1 with the L button, but based on the 2nd game, you'd have won anyways. Thanks for the Marth advice by the way
13. JDB :gw: - GGs. MK:GW is bad.
17. Excel :luigi2: - GGs, MK is busted
17. A.M. :luigi2:
17. Corey :wario:
17. Home Wrecker
17. Gordie
17. Max
17. The Anime Outlaw :wolf:
17. Jimbo
25. Maggie
25. Hael Phael :pikachu2: - Dat Pika. Doubles was fun. :D
25. Abby
25. Josh
25. Adam
25. ?

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
In doubles Cody/Adam should be Corey/Adam.
It was loud in the room when my name was asked for doubles entry XD

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Brawl shoutouts:

1. Kel - Our set made me realize how far I've still got to go to get onto your level.
3. Dooms - GGs as usual Joey! We'll sit down at the next tourney and I'll try to teach you a bit more about Wofl.
4. Ralph Cecil - Good work! Nice seeing you again too.
5. KassandraNova - You'll get 'em next time Zero!
5. Shadow Phoenix - Nice seeing you man. Loving the MM music on your Wii haha. We should definitely try to play some friendlies next time.
7. Mister Eric - Looking sexy as usual.
7. Sneaky Tako - Not enough frost nova spam at this tourney, Tako.
9. Hilt - Thank our sponsors for the Kool-aid for me, boss. Amazing as always hanging with you and the rest of the gang after the tourney!
9. Zarimba - I didn't get to play you, but +1 cool for playing Wolf. :D
9. Shane - Nice seeing you again dude! You have improved a ton from the last time I saw you.
13. Tyler - Nice to see your crew could make it out to this as well! Our friendlies were fun.
13. Sexy - GGs man. It was nice meeting you.
13. Clowsui - We'll train harder. :p You gotta stop swinging.
17. Excel - Nice seeing you as always dude!
17. The Anime Outlaw - Welcome to the family! I'm glad you could talk this time around hahaha. I hope you end up making it to Colossal with us.
25. Hael Phael - So glad you came to this dude! It was awesome seeing you again. Bring that Pika out of retirement. :p

Melee shoutouts:

3: Haunted - GGs man! I'm surprised a kid your age plays this game haha.
4: Sneaky Tako - I'm sad we didn't Jitto.
5: Jordy - Good games in bracket and friendlies! I'm glad to see kids your age still appreciate Melee more than Brawl haha. Keep up your training and you'll stomp me next time!

I really enjoyed this tourney. Can't wait till next month for the next one!

edit: MRM with the truth. XD The laptop blue screened and then we didn't get put in for whatever reason rofl.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I find it the opposite of cathartic that the first time you go back to having Meta Knight you had 4 in the top 5 without me or any new entrants.

Kel

Smash Master
* 3 in the top 6 because Lumi didn't actually win any games with Metaknight and you are counting 5th place twice.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
5th place is always counted twice because there are two 5th places. And winning or losing with Meta Knight doesn't mean it wasn't used. I wasn't here, but I'd hazard a guess that Lumi used Wolf, got to you, lost because he's Wolf and you're Meta Knight, then pulled out his MK to MK ditto you because he knows its his only shot and then lost. =P

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah. Lumi didn't win any matches with Metaknight. I probably shouldn't have added it in the first place since he didn't win any with it.

1/4 and 3/6 if you include people that actually won with Metaknight. Considering the amount of people here that lack tournament experience (14/30), it's really not that bad :p.

We're probably going to keep him legal and legalize him in dubs but ban double Metaknight (since it was suggested by multiple people, and it sounds like a smart idea in general).

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The best thing about this tournament is that there were 30 entrants and I've never seen half of the names.

I'm being sincere since it reads like I could be being an ***. It's really cool that you guys have so many locals playing. If you can convince the guys at S2D to have a smash night to get them together and playing more I think that would be huge.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
Yo Chi you aren't alone there. I did horrible here....No joke I've dropped a place at every tourney which is terrible which means one more placement drop and I'm sitting pretty at last place.

I think it has to do with inadvertently ignoring the advice people give me. Being stubborn and prideful gotta stop that crap, the good thing is that I left this tournament with some knowledge gained and some advice un-ignored. Next time Top 10 or bust real talk.

Also

Shoutouts:

Kel: Nice to see you man, I called it at the beginning of the day. I said "Kel's gonna take it all" and O SNAP Kel done took it all.
Kassandra: Girl Wolf at that body. Good seeing you
Tako: Takurugadesu!!!!! We need to play at the next tourney.
Mister Eric: Thank you for droppin that hot fire with me. You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar.
Lumi: Preciate the advice as always. Plan on making a much bigger impact next tourney, very disappointed in my placement but again, thank you sir.
Hilt: GGs Sadly being a Wolf player caused no game 3 but you know SD johns. Also I heard you needed a Co-Host.
Joey: Good **** man. The coming tourneys are going to be great
Chi: YooooooOOOOoooooo! thanks for the games and advice. always nice seeing you homie

General: Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a good tourney! Hope to see all of you at the next one!!!!

Kel

Smash Master
You are correct. He also did not take a game off of me with MK, so using MK did not help him at all in the tournament. It's more anecdotal that he used MK as a desparation measure. His using MK did not help in his placement at all.

I know 5th is counted twice, but the way you are saying it makes it seem as if only one person in the top 5 didn't use MK, which isn't true. Placements did not go out to top 5; 5th and 6th were split, so you cannot accurately claim top 5 when 6 places are being used for the data you are looking at. It is the same reason people don't say "I got top 7," they say "I got top 8."

I know you hate MK and you're looking for evidence against him, but I'm just pointing out that the evidence you are trying to use is slightly skewed in this instance. You cannot say top 5 because there was no 5th place. Someone could just as easily say that there was only one MK in the top 4, or 3 in the top 8, or 4 in the top 16. It's all selective.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Also there were a lot of girls at this. At least 5 entered! Me, Asa, Abbie, and maggie. I tried my best to help teach two of the girls. One of them I taught a basic peach combo to (dair>uair>utilt 50 dmg) and she started doing really well against her friends after that. There was a lot of new people here, and I think a lot of them have a lot of potential. We just need to find a way to get them together for a Smashfest. It feels good helping people and then watching them ****. :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You are correct. He also did not take a game off of me with MK, so using MK did not help him at all in the tournament. It's more anecdotal that he used MK as a desparation measure. His using MK did not help in his placement at all.

I know 5th is counted twice, but the way you are saying it makes it seem as if only one person in the top 5 didn't use MK, which isn't true. Placements did not go out to top 5; 5th and 6th were split, so you cannot accurately claim top 5 when 6 places are being used for the data you are looking at. It is the same reason people don't say "I got top 7," they say "I got top 8."

I know you hate MK and you're looking for evidence against him, but I'm just pointing out that the evidence you are trying to use is slightly skewed in this instance. You cannot say top 5 because there was no 5th place. Someone could just as easily say that there was only one MK in the top 4, or 3 in the top 8, or 4 in the top 16. It's all selective.
I know you like him being legal so you have a "win button" too :p

Fact of the matter is, Lumi won't be a wolf main for long if MK is legal. Nor will Tako play ROB or D3.

Regardless, I'm not attending any of these as long as MK is around.

Kel

Smash Master
I go to both MK legal and banned tournaments because I like playing smash bros. Regardless of whether MK is a win button or not, you are still skewing results when it is convenient. I'm not disagreeing with you that the game makes more sense when he is banned, I'm just saying you may want to catch that before you lose credibility with your claims.

Lumi and Tako have both been able to choose MK years prior to this and they chose not to do so. There is no reason why they would switch now more than before.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
@OS: You're right because I'll be a Wolf/MK main, like I have been for the past year. :p His legality doesn't change my main. I will play MK for counters and occasionally another MK, that's it.

Wolf/MK isn't that bad of a MU also. Kel beat me because he's better. You can't chalk it all up to him using MK.

As for the ban, I'm kinda with Kel on that. I don't care it he is banned or not. It only affects which secondary I use and I use slightly less Wolf in a ban environment.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...Wolf has been giving me trouble lately. *ponders*

Nah, **** it. MK baby...awwwwwwww yeeeaaaahhhhhh

/Ya'll****ed

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I would play MK if I wasn't terrible.

But life