• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nottingham Smash Tourney

burrhe

Smash Cadet
NOTTINGHAM SMASH TOURNEY 2!!!
CONFIRMED 10TH JUNE

Melee singles ONLY, doubles if time allows and if people want to.

Date/Time/Schedule

Sunday 10th June 2012
Get to the venue around 12 midday, earliest, for friendlies and entry etc.
We can get started on the tournament for around 1:00pm, latest 2:00pm.

32 Mona Street,
Beeston,
Nottingham,
NG9 2BY

Easiest way to get there is from Beeston train station, it's literally a 5 or 10 minute walk:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=be...n0AWG38C5Cg&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAg

Price of entry

£3 each for entry into singles.
£1 optional if you bring a setup we can use (Gamecube, Melee disk, memory card)

Rules

Melee Singles:
Double elimination bracket, might do pools to seed the bracket, but unlikely.
Each round is best of 3, all semi-finals and finals will be best of 5.
For full rules, see here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313252

General Info

As for food, I can provide minimal stuff like sandwiches and crisps and water.
If you want to, bring your own food.
There may also be cake.

If you're bringing your own Gamecube setup, remember to bring the power and AV cables, or entry fee will be £5
Bring your own controller (and make sure you know it's yours so label it or something), but there will be spares for everyone to use.
Also offers of recording setups are very welcome, I plan to record and upload as many matches as I can to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/burrhe

Please let me know if there's any questions, and private message me if you'd prefer to contact me by phone and I'll send you my number.

Confirm down below so I can buy enough food supplies :) see you on the 10th

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Great, I should give 2 weeks notice to the actually date, I'll keep anyone interested informed with any changes to the details.

brickyphone

Smash Rookie
Does age matter? And I presume this is next year? Also, would I have to bring anything?

burrhe

Smash Cadet
It's this year (next month)
No age limit, but if it matters to you, everyone who has confirmed is at least 20.
Again, anyone who wants to come will be welcome, and if you have a Gamecube controller you prefer using, bring it, but nothing needs to be brought as there are a few of us that will have spares

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I will do my best to make this, I will probably be there :)

I'll confirm nearer the time but I'm aiming to be there! :D

Hao

Smash Journeyman
"£1 optional if you bring a setup we can use (Gamecube, Melee disk, memory card)"

I'm confused as to what this mean. As in we only pay £1 if we bring a set up?

burrhe

Smash Cadet
We got 6 tvs here, maybe more at a push. The venues at my place, so it's not especially big, but there should be enough to get a decent sized tournament done

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Just done a count and we can easily have 7 TVs. The problem is where to put them space-wise, might be a bit cramped.

We do still need Gamecubes and copies of Melee brought, though

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Just done a count and we can easily have 7 TVs. The problem is where to put them space-wise, might be a bit cramped.

We do still need Gamecubes and copies of Melee brought, though
Cramped is alright, can't be as bad as my first Ranbat at Yentihs house, **** that was small

burrhe

Smash Cadet
OK everyone interested, could you please let me know that you're definitely coming to this by Friday 8th at the latest, and also if you're bringing any friends with you etc. so I can know how many people I need to prepare for.

Thanks for the support for this, didn't expect so many people would be interested in a Nottingham tournament. :)

burrhe

Smash Cadet
ALSO we need more copies of melee then we do Gamecubes (for some reason we have 5 in my house including Wiis), so if you're coming consider bringing your melee disc at least.

AKA

Smash Rookie
I'll be attending (along with the other cambridge people)

Top Bottom