• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deven3000's Official Manhattan Smashfest Thread **Postponed**

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
I am making this thread as a way to finally reach out to the fine people of Smashboards and let everyone know that I am hosting Smashfests in Manhattan New York.
[COLLAPSE="The Fests have been cancelled for the past few months"]
Reasons why you should attend my Smashfests...
  1. They are every Friday!
  2. They are really easy to get to!
  3. They are free!
  4. Stream!
  5. What more reason do you need?

Transportation:
Trains:
Buses:

Set Ups
I have 3 TV's that are always ready to be used and I have 2 Wii's
I can usually get some regulars to bring their Wii, but please let me know if you are able to bring a Wii just in case i need you to

Food Resources
The great thing about Manhattan is that there are so many options for food! here is a list of some of your options
  1. Deli across the street that makes great heros [212-397-6035]
  2. Subways is across the street
  3. There is a $1 pizza place that we usually order from. Keep in mind that if you're ordering tip must be handled. [212-245-2155]
  4. There is a delicious burrito place that can deliver (little pricey but totally worth it!) [212-489-6889]
  5. There is a D'agostino down the block ($2 2 Liter Soda!)
  6. Tex-Mex Express [212-489-5007] & [212-586-0685]
Note: I've put phone numbers next to the places that deliver, please write these down so you can order yourself...

Our Regulars
Deven3000:kirbybrawl:
Dill:robbrawl:
Penta:gwbrawl: (doesn't come in the summer because he is afraid of the heat)
Dekillsage:snakebrawl:
LunyTunes:snakebrawl: (Died With Stingers' videos)
Darkpeach:peachbrawl:
Mi]{e]{irbY:kirbybrawl:
Sh33n:falcobrawl::wolfbrawl:
Munoz:wariobrawl::falcobrawl:
HelpR:lucasbrawl::dededebrawl:
Southpaw:toonlinkbrawl: (Will return in september because of school)
B0nk:icsbrawl: (Will return in september because of school)
Gh0st:kirbybrawl:
John12346:lucariobrawl: (Dies during school semester)
Grimmz:falconbrawl:
Z3roN:zssbrawl:

So far our largest attendance record is set at 14 people (including myself and my brother)

FAQs
Q: Do you guys also play Melee? :o
A: No.
Q: Does the Smashfest have an attendance cap?
A: Unfortunately due to space limitations it does. I'd like to keep a max of about 12-13 people but if push come to shove I'll allow up to 15.

The Smashfests are from 5:30pm to 1am
I am flexible to earlier times but you'll have to contact me to see if I can make an exception

PLEASE DO NOT JUST SHOW UP! YOU MUST LET ME KNOW AHEAD OF TIME IF YOU ARE COMING! I DON'T HAVE THE BIGGEST PLACE AND SPACE IS AN ISSUE!

Also, if you are a new comer, please tell me your real name. You have to tell your name to the doorman who buzzes my apartment. I would like to not let in complete strangers. So please tell me your name, either in a post here, a shoutout on AiB, or a PM on either site. Thank You

My Contact
SWF: Leave a post on this thread
:AIM:AIM: DevenRubin
AiB: http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Deven3000.ai
E-mail: houseof3000@gmail.com

Hype Promotional Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb7NVVKfjDk

Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/deven3000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last weeks attendance (Sep 7th)
  1. Deven3000
  2. Dill
  3. ZeRoN
  4. HelpR
  5. MikeKirby
  6. Sheen
  7. Dark Peach
  8. Southpaw
  9. B0nk
  10. Wes
  11. Lunytunes

If you are coming this week, please leave a post confirming you are and I will add you to the attendance list. This is how I will make sure we don't go over the attendance cap and so you all can see it as well.
[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
wouldn't consider devoting one tv to melee?
If you were to ask me this a month ago, i'd say sure, but the attendance has risen in that time and they're all brawl players and every TV is crowded as it is lol. So it wouldn't really be a good idea to cut the brawl by 1/3 for like 2-3 ppl who want to play melee.

If i had a bigger place and more TV's i would totally be more lenient. Sorry man =(

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
deven i got some bad news, i wont be able to come this friday because i'm very ill. I have this virus that's messing with my body temperature and I got some bad headaches :urg:

Tony T

Smash Ace
I have finals next week and ends on Friday June 8th so I can come on that day after my morning final is over, which is why I Cant come today because my mom is forcing me to study -_-

:phone:

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
I have finals next week and ends on Friday June 8th so I can come on that day after my morning final is over, which is why I Cant come today because my mom is forcing me to study -_-

Wow, you're still in school? sucks bro
well good luck with all that!

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
i dont think i'll be able to come today, misplaced my I.D. and no fare money >.<
i will make sure to come next week though

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
No biggie, I'm still working on some tech to amp up my game there anyway considering how bad I got bodied >__<

Speaking of which I should probably get moving.

See ya'll in an hour or something.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Deven3000 wrote at 1:10 AM on Jun 10, 2012 :
this week absolutely no one is allowed to come before 5pm. being a bit strict this week :T
---------------
Pizza

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Deven3000 wrote at 2:44 PM on Jun 10, 2012 :
ppl can come at around 4 now. lol dat strictness went quick
------------
Disregard the last one. You so sly Deven!

Hype4pizza!

KDesu

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm new to the competitive Brawl scene. My friends and I are interested in coming on Friday. Do you guys have space for three more people?

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
Hey guys,

I'm new to the competitive Brawl scene. My friends and I are interested in coming on Friday. Do you guys have space for three more people?
Glad to hear you're interested in attending my smashfest! However, this week has pretty much reached its cap... :\

You're more than welcome to attend next week!

KDesu

Smash Rookie
Glad to hear you're interested in attending my smashfest! However, this week has pretty much reached its cap... :\

You're more than welcome to attend next week!
Thanks for the kind offer! Good luck to everyone who is going to Impact this weekend.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
-_^b

Also anyone entering teams for impact 3? If I'm able to go I'll probably enter doubles just to kill time =l But I want to at least practice before to see where we stand as an actual team.
Deven? Mike? Helpr?

edit:Teaming with Deven

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'd love to mm you DDD. :)
That is, if I'm still there by the time you arrive.

Snake sucks in dubz. Derrr =V
Hahaha!

I'll find my teammate, depending who goes, of course.

Top Bottom