• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INLAND EMPIRE SMASH (Powered by NOS) NW Regional

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
The point here is to get a real tournament up and going in the Pacific Northwest. It's been far too long since we've had an event worth traveling to. If you've been dying to get some good smash bros in, this is your chance.

Sponsored by

There will be free NOS of every flavor at the tournament.

and The EWU Gamer's Club

The point here is to get a real tournament up and going in the Pacific Northwest. It's been far too long since we've had an event worth traveling to. If you've been dying to get some good smash bros in, this is your chance.

SSBB 1v1/2v2
SSBM 1v1/2v2
$15 per event per person

Live Streamed event!

Drive Times:
Seattle WA: 4:45
Portland OR: 6:00
Eugene OR: 8:00
Boise ID: 7:00
Moscow ID: 1:40
Tri-Cities WA: 2:15
Walla Walla WA: 3:00
Coeur d'Alene ID: 0:40
Missoula MT: 3:15
La Grande OR: 4:15
Vancouver BC: 7:15
Airport: Spokane International Airport (GEG)

Game Settings
Default Settings and gameplay with the following changes:

Stock = 4
Timer = 8 minutes
Items = OFF
Team Attack = ON

Starter Stage List
Battlefield - Special Stages
Dream Land - Past Stages
Final Destination - Special Stages

Counterpick Stage List
*Fountain of Dreams - Dream Land
Kongo Jungle - Past Stages
Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island

*Fountain of Dreams is not allowed in Doubles, due to frame-rate lag.

General Rules
- Pools and doubles sets will be best of 3 games with doubles finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) being best of 5 games.
- Singles bracket sets will be best of 5 games with finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) being best of 7 games.
- The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.

Additional Rules & Clarifications
Double Blind Character Select: The first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.

Dave's Stupid Rule (modified): No player can counter pick any stage he or she previously won on with the exception of the stage you initially struck to.

Gentleman's clause: Any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages.

Tie Breaking Rules: Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Game Settings
Default settings and gameplay with the following changes.

Stock = 3
Item Switch = NONE and all items OFF
Time Limit = 10:00
Team Attack = ON
Pause = OFF

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter Stages
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Set Format
Game 1
1. Player Priority is determined randomly.
2. The Team with Player Priority strikes one of the three Starter stages.
3. The other team strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages.
4. Teams select their characters.

Game 2 (and so on)
1. The Team that lost the previous game may select controller port.
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list.
3. Loser selects a Stage from either Stage List that was not banned in step 2.

Additional Rules & Clarifications
1. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be best-of-5)
2. Double elimination bracket
3. No using infinites for stalling purposes (incidental use of the Dimensional Cape Glitch is tolerable)
4. In the event of a suicide move (Bowser's Koopa Claw, Kirby's / D3's Inhale, Ganoncide) ending the game in sudden death, the player who initiated the move will be the victor.
5. In the random event of both players dying simultaneously, the match will be replayed on the same stage with each player at one stock.

Time Outs
In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage with each player at one stock.

I have posted housing threads on that AllisBrawl page here: http://allisbrawl.com/edittournament.aspx?id=13302

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hey, if it's not extremely difficult to do so, you should try to reschedule to the week before or something. There's going to be a Melee regional in Norcal on the same date as this tournament that would detract from attendance.

That said, good **** EaWA.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I would rather schedule later than earlier. How does the week after whobo work for you two? I don't know how many people are attending SRT. I could also double date the MK banned WHOBO 4. I just don't want to be too close to SKTAR by moving a week earlier you know?

:phone:

Ooklah

Smash Rookie
Carpool?

I'm coming from Port Orchard? anyone in U-District/Seattle want to carpool? I'll pitch in for gas and buy coffee ;)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hm, pretty certain Cheney is further away than both oregon and bc

I probably won't be able to make this

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Hey, if it's not extremely difficult to do so, you should try to reschedule to the week before or something. There's going to be a Melee regional in Norcal on the same date as this tournament that would detract from attendance.

That said, good **** EaWA.
Hey can you tell me about this regional? I heard from julian cow that they've been posting about it on fb, but I haven't seen anything about it on the boards. Is it still in the works or is basically everything already planned out?

Edit: And uh......right on EaWa, more power to ya hahaha

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
brdy might be out of town at this point.
I'm talking to my venue guy on wednesday to have a final date, and at that point everything will be square and i'll start advertising this like nobody's business.
This is it as far as smashboards.
There's also an AiB link.

Chip is helping me run this tournament.

Kryne there will be carpools from WWA you should try to get in on. I recommend talking to Eggz or Bladewise.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Alright. Yeah, with a carpool it might be possible but I tend to not get lucky with carpools

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
We've gotta blast through 4 events in a day and still have time for friendlies / mms / dinner.
I'll be running pools

arata18

Smash Cadet
i'm stoked

yo do we have a final date on this event yet?
i'm going to be there for sure this'll be my first tourney!

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I may be able to come to this, my dad and i are driving down the coast on the 20th from calgary AB
who are the big names near spokane? i think silent wolf is from WA right?

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
as far as Melee. Spokane's only "Big Names" would be Chip or brdy.
From the west side of the state we could have players like Eggz, Silent Wolf, Bladewise, Vish, Etc.

Also update!
NOS will be here handing out free drinks to attendees!

Eggz

Smash Hero
Me and most of my Oregon compatriots should be attending

@Jason Zimmerman, let's team for Brawl and Melee

If M2K goes, all of Washington (at the very least Silent Wolf, and when he goes everyone else goes) should be going as well.

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
Bump, gonna be hyyyype!

Thank you for the consideration, Mew2King. :D

Let's seriously get everybody ever to come to this.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Would anyone coming from Portland be willing to go through La Grande to pick me up? It's the exact same distance as going up towards Seattle.

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
hey, I posted in the aib housing thread but I figure I may as well ask here too, do you still have room for 3-4 people from idaho jamn?

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I do indeed. Also you should talk to Vermanubis about picking him up in La-Grande. It's on the way from Boise. Message me on AiB for faster responses / more info on housing.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I hope Verm can get a ride.

I have room for two in my apartment, max 3 (it's a studio and pretty tight quarters). I'm walking distance from campus - a little closer than Jamn but on the other side of Cheney

I have no Smash but you will get plenty of sleep staying here as I'm usually on a decently "normal" sleep schedule.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Hype. A bunch of my friends (non-smashers, but gamers) are interested in watching and hanging out btw

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I still hope I can find a ride. Anyone who's willing to drive through La Grande, OR to get me, it would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom