• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're Too Slow!!! 2- Rapid City, SD Monthly

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
It's that time again folks!!! Another SD Monthly. With many students getting out of school and the warm weather, hopefully you all can tell a friend, and get some smashers interested in coming!!! IMPORTANT NOTE: Already infamous for weird pot stipulations, it happens yet again. This event is being held at the cities convention center, during and Anime Expo. Entry to the venue is $20, and thus the tournament entry fee is waived. (allowing you to explore between matches ;) lol)and prizes will be gift cards to Best Buy and the regular venue, "The Colosseum"

VENUE
The Civic Center
444 Mt. Rushmore Road North, Rapid City, SD 57701
VENUE FEE: $20 (again, this is being held at a Anime Convention, so ENTRY is free with Gift Cards to Best Buy and the in town regular venue, "The Colosseum". In the event any player from OoS or out of town places, as a TO i will exchange the Colosseum gift card for cash:))

TIME:
Mountain Time
Noon- Brawl Singles
Show up a bit early for friendlies/warm up and registration
Immediatley following the Singles portion, Brawl Dbls begins

RULES:
Brawl Unity Ruleset
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

SINGLES:
Free to enter
Prize: Gift card amount TBA

DBLS:
Free to enter
Prize: Gift card amount TBA

SET UPS:
If you have a tv/wii set up, please bring it. As its being held at an anime convention, we dont have the luxury of an all day and night smashfest. Like Sonic says, "speed's my game"

SD is really trying to make a come up again. Next month SHOULD hold Melee (Thank God, finally) and also, we should be back to either a nominal venue fee , and a typical pot split. At the very least, something close.

Also, Shoutouts to MegaRobMan for helping keep this region of the midwest. EVERYONE who is looking at this should consider going. I know several players are making the trip from SD
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322392#

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Shouts for Shouts!

Really keeping Nebraska with a healthy scene has been slightly problematic but it's worth it <3.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I would love to go
To the local event? Or the NE trip?

If the latter, PM me. If you're willing to put in on gas and such, I may be able to let you get in on some sweet carpool action

And yes Rob, I now know that feel. Im trying to get "passibly" competent yet there are just no players. Hopefully u'll notice some Falcon improvement and I can still maintain my midrange placings :p

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
*Bump*

THIS Saturday boys and girls. Be there. Or SD will still be the potential leader of "most dead state" in the whole U.S :/

:phone:

Top Bottom