• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Released! Ashes to Ashes: A Roy combo video

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Seven years its been, since I entered my first tournament. Inspired by DBR's videos of old, its always been my biggest dream to have an excellent combo video. You might say thats what I've been working towards this entire time.

Well, good news gentlemen.

Its coming.

October edit: I could probably work on this thing for like the next several years and still have things that I want to improve...but I do believe its time.

Ashes to Ashes: A Roy Combo Video

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
first!

looks like it'll be great

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Melee is awesome.
Great trailer, Sethlon!

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I loved it! It's really nice to see new stuff in combo videos, like the intros where you can see the players and other stuff that isn't the game on screen. Small suggestion, use de-interlace in the beginning clip, it looked bad quality wise.
I loved the fact that this trailer stood out, I felt bad for you making all those good reads but not being able to punish properly because of Roy being an inferior character.

Lastly, I loved the music. Jesus Christ, you don't have to heavy electronic dance music in every ****ing combo video, have some diversity!

Never stop playing Roy, please <3

Smoom77

Smash Master
Loool you had me laughing the whole time. Great music choice. I can't wait to see the end result :)

Here are some improvements to the combo video.
First off. This song clearly should have been used. 2nd, Roy was actually getting attacks off in which he was not punished. This is unacceptable. And that single sticker does not make a controller awesome. It needs to be covered in stickers and the sticks should resemble little swords. CGI it if you have too. But pimp out that controller more.

Jake13

Smash Lord
subbing for the deliciousness to come

sethlon's our boy

edit: just watched the video, that's hilarious sethlon! quite possibly one of my fav songs ever ggs

Zoler

Smash Ace
Awesome!

A lot more awesome than combo videos with just clips and some music.

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
hopefully you saved some of those friendlies against darkrain for this special occasion... so many godly combos to be witnessed. i'm hyped, good stuff sethlon!

dude i think you did that trailer really well. and that you imply you've been working on this for a long time or something.. haha. dang. i'm looking forward to what you make.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm getting a little caught up in uploading/splitting/music'ing videos for melee and Project M tournaments, but I'm still working on this! Expect the finish product in a couple of months at most :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I hope you have some more actual combos for the video!

Great choice of theme for the trailer... if the vid has content it'll be great.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Just to let you know guys, for all intents and purposes this vid is finished, I'm just nit picking over the intro and credits so they're decent. It'll be out soon! <3

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just to let you know guys, for all intents and purposes this vid is finished, I'm just nit picking over the intro and credits so they're decent. It'll be out soon! <3
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I hope you're as creative with the music as you were with your trailer!

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I hope you realize that the minute this comes out im going to watch it 50 times and take copious notes. Sethlon the best.

MVP

Smash Ace
Holy crab when is this gunna be ready. I'm so freaking hyped!!!!!!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, it's been almost a week since you said it was pretty much finished, and we are all trembling with anticipation.
Yeah, my bad. It is actually pretty much finished, but Windows Move Maker isn't letting me do something really simple that I need to do before releasing it. Gonna take a swing through After Effects for it, but that'll take a little bit longer. Soon! :)

Jace08

Smash Lord
soooo this trailer was amazing, very unique. Good stuff sethlon and I'm lookin forward to the finished product

odinNJ

Smash Lord
^^true true. glad to see that one will actually be released, im willing to wait as long as necessary for this.

Top Bottom