• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help! Crituqe me please!

Oonai

Smash Cadet
Still a fairly new player when it comes to smash. Been playing almost a year. These two vids are from my most recent tourny. The pika has always beaten me in the past, and the falco (usual tag being Tupac I think) usually beats me or we go even.:c

I can already see a couple things I need to work on (sideB the **** away from lightning for starters...) but I look to you, oh wise diddy gods. :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6hxw4XPGlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABkG3B9R324

Thanks, I REALLY appreciate it.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
imma try this

ok in match one you didn't grab once I think. And the grabs you did where dash grabs that didn't even hit him. train you grab game a lot. Learn how to shield grab properly and learn to powershield consistantly. This can speed up your game. Which is your biggest weaknes your technical skill and speed are not that good. learn all your AT's and when to use them. Use more safe moves and PEANUTS. Be less predictable with your banana's.

What I think you should do to get this right is easy. 2 words Trainings mode. Learn your at's your grab game, even if it sounds stupid your dash game (watch players like Leon and Mr.R to see how good it can be. And general ways to speed up your game. other then that Try to play a bit more safe you often got damage where you didn't need to.

hope this did help a bit.

Oonai

Smash Cadet
Thanks a bunch goofy!

You are right, I need to work on grabs, however, I did land a couple grabs first round and a lot more in the second match. Did you watch both matches through? I know that the first vid, first match was sloppy.. What AT's did you notice were missing that could improve my game a lot?

I really appreciate the feedback, I was just wondering if you had any more detail?

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
well that I can't really explain what AT's you should ad to your game. You probably help yourself a lot by reading the kongpendium it's a godlike guide which really helps out a lot. There you can read what AT's diddy can use and you can then think about things you don't use. And if you want to know more about a specefic one you can ask for help in the general threat like how to use it when to use it etc.

it's not just landing that amount of grabs that cares. It's more like being able to punish as much as you can with grab. and Make your oponent afrain to shield that often because he is going to eat a grab. your oponent can sit in his shield quite easely if you ask me. So punish more with grab.

You also help yourself if you speed up your game and train your tech skills in trainings mode. If you add a better dash game to that yu will get a solid fast diddy that can make people afrain to make mistakes:)

EDIT; you might also want to use more peanuts

Top Bottom