• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock'Em Sock'Em Tournament! New Venue!

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Rock'em Sock'em Tournament is swinging around in full force! We have a new, up-scale venue with much more room for everyone to get around. We will be running Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Melee. We will also be running teams first this time to assure that there will be time to get in all of the tournaments. Our trial run of Smash went great last time and we hope to see an even larger turn out next time!

The venue fee will be $10 and entry into a game is $10 as well. The payouts are done in 70-20-10 format and the payout for Teams is up to you guys. I just need to know prior to the tournament if you guys want 80-20, 70-20-10, or winner takes all.

Here is our event page! It gives you all of the information that you need and you can ask questions and I or any of the other guys from the group should be able to answer any question that you might have. http://www.facebook.com/events/456204591062309/

My name is Trey [Joopiterman] Pinson so if you have any questions about Smash in particular feel free to ask for me. I will be checking up on here and keeping you guys up to date as best I can.

We will also have a pre-registration page up soon, complete with pre-pay and everything.

Rock'em Sock'em Tournaments are also host to a number of other games including Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter, so if you enjoy those games please come out and play against our high level competition!

Here is our website, it has yet to be updated for the next tourney but feel free to check in on it and see if it give you any helpful information. http://resetourney.com/

Lastly our Facebook group where 99.9% of our conversations and talk of games and tournaments happen is http://www.facebook.com/groups/rockemsockem/ Please request a join and we will add you promptly!

We hope to see Smash Players out in full force for our next tournament!!

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
seriouslly? 10$ venue fee
The trouble we run in to is that if we lower the standards of the venue for cost, people complain about how shoddy the venue was. We will have I believe somewhere around 3000 sq ft to work with at this venue, something very important to hosting 12 games. We used to comp venue fees for bringing in systems but it got to be where there was at least $200 coming out of the TO's pocket for the venue fee alone. We weren't making venue. Our venue fee has stayed the same but our venue itself as definitely gotten the upgrade. We would really appreciate it if you guys could come out, compete, and support our rapidly growing local scene. I'm positive you will love it!

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I am interested. Will the FG players be cool with Melee players if we're cool with them? I foresee a real Sharks/Jets style situation being possible.

archer.

Smash Lord
They seemed cool with all the Brawl players last time from what I saw, I don't see why they wouldn't give you the same courtesy.

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
I am interested. Will the FG players be cool with Melee players if we're cool with them? I foresee a real Sharks/Jets style situation being possible.
not at all man. Everyone at out tourneys are really cool and smash seemed to actually be getting a lot of attention early in the day last time.

here is the address!

Venue:
Hilton Charlotte University Place
8629 J M Keynes Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I know this is a double post BUT! *ahem*

Me and Lenny will be doing a 50$ MM at this event. Get hyped kids!
I hope there is some possible way we can get this recorded.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
People bring Wiis with the infinite replay hack all the time. You guys will be fine, recording-wise.

Hyping this. ;)

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I really want to come for Melee and maybe a FG, but I may not be able to. It's feasible that I can make it. It kind of depends whom I'd rather upset.

THO

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

So is anybody going to this. Alex and I are down but there doesn't seem to be anyone here? Also, Raleigh people going? Carpool?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I think a good number of lurkers are who haven't posted anything.

I wish I could be there.

Top Bottom