• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #5 (Road to TASOL)

BSP

Smash Legend
Venue: Laser Tag of Baton Rouge (Upstairs)
5871 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

2$ Venue Fee for all competitors

Arrival Time: 11:30 A.M.; Start no later than 12. Be On Time.
Sign Ups for SSBB Singles Begin immediately at 11:30. If there is enough interest and time, we'll do doubles after.

BRING SMALL BILLS. IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING TO HAVE TO BREAK 20s REPEATEDLY. MAKE CHANGE DURING THE DAY AND BRING SMALLER BILLS.

I'll try to be less strict on the MM control, but bear in mind: I reserve the right to STOP your money match if it is holding up the entire tournament. I do not mind anyone looking at the bracket to see what's up ahead; do not schedule a MM if you are playing soon, and don't be salty when I stop it if you do.

Road to TASOL Information

Now I'm sure many of you are wondering, what is the "Road" to Tasol?

It's simple. Each event listed as a “Road to TASOL” qualifier events will feature a ranking point system for the singles events. The point system, listed below, will help us to make sure that the best experience possible is given to each player. The points are broken down from 1st place to 7th place below.

1st place – 64 pts
2nd place – 32 pts
3rd place – 16 pts
4th place – 8 pts
5th place – 4 pts
5th place – 4 pts
7th place – 2 pts
7th place – 2 pts

These points will aid to the seeding at Tasol as well as give you a chance to win win a FREE HOTEL ROOM at the Hilton Garden Inn for the entire weekend of Tasol. Top 4 seeds at the end of the road will be contacted

Events

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles

Double Elimination; Pools only if absolutely necessary
Double MK team is banned
10$ per Team
Payout: 60/30/10
Rules:see below

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles

Doubles Elimination; Pools only if absolutely necessary
5$ Entrance Fee
Payout: 55/30/10/5
Rules: see below

Stage List (aka the Apex 10)
Starter Stages:
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Battleship Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon

Everything else (conduct, ignore MK ban stuff, etc.) : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301033

Once again, do NOT leave small items like controllers lying around. LT isn't rented out for us or anything, so anyone has access to upstairs. Do not leave easily pocketed items lying around.

Setups and Hardware (Venue Fee Waived for Full setup)​

TVs:

Wiis:
BSP

Powerstrips:
BSP

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Enforce an increasingly high late fee that goes directly to the pot split, cause getting out of there on time was amazing last BRM.

Also who wants to MM? Curlz, brawlman...MAR??

I predict second place for me

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I should be there. And everyone should enter doubles. Its way to fun to have so little hype.

Aw, I just realized that Pokemon Stadium 2 is banned.:( Now where am I supposed to CP Meta Knight and Wario?

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I should be there. And everyone should enter doubles. Its way to fun to have so little hype.

Aw, I just realized that Pokemon Stadium 2 is banned.:( Now where am I supposed to CP Meta Knight and Wario?
LOL I thought I was the only one who liked that stage. I like Halberd against wario but JNig always bans it...

BSP

Smash Legend
This is extremely last minute, but I noticed a mistake lol. If Doubles happen, it's going to be BEFORE singles. No time constraints this time, but I'd still rather not be here all day, so try to get here on time.

If you're on the way ~ 12:30 (just assuming LA won't show up on time lol) post or text someone or something...if you're close, we'll put you in the bracket

BSP

Smash Legend
IDK if I met that request, but I had stuff to do, so I wasn't as fast as usual.

It's up now though.

Top Bottom