• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWAGG IV - Results Thread

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Singles:

27 Entrants were divided into 5 Pools, top three in each advancing for a 15-man bracket. Zoso and Swift split first-place for prize money, but played out for MM Seeding Points.

1: Zoso ($85) - 40 NESS Seeding Points
2: SwiftBass ($85) - 30 NESS Seeding Points
3: MattDotZeb ($34) - 20 NESS Seeding Points
4: Moose ($20) - 10 NESS Seeding Points
5: Aber ($10) - 5 NESS Seeding Points
5: KyuPuff ($10) - 5 NESS Seeding Points
7: Gonzo - 2 NESS Seeding Points
7: KevinM - 2 NESS Seeding Points
9: ProSkater
9: Sai
9: Slox
9: Bolt
13: Carly Rae Jepson
13: Rebecca Black
13: Diesel

Draft Crews:

Info will be posted soon!

Thanks to everyone for making a pretty hectic day lovely and awesome. Great to see everyone again, and I think that even though there weren't enough entrants for teams, this was a great way to kick off the Circuit. See everyone at the next event!

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
Great stuff to all i played, nice to see NE improving as a whole. Learned some stuff about myself that i need to improve on if i want to place higher at the next tourney. See you people at the next one

*edit* huge shoutout to HAB for giving me a ride to the bus station. Thanks a lot man

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
jesus christ
lose to chainace and miss a tournament, this region just goes to ****

shoutouts to dave for being the only player who can literally make anyone feel like *** no matter the outcome of the match
Happy birthday matt!
shoutouts to moose for maintaining homey levels of achievement
shoutouts to aber, I don't remember seeing you place in the money before. good ****, man.
Shoutouts to the illest fox in CT, BDHJ (Big **** Handsome Joe). You done good.

we're growing old, kev. our hands are weak from our years of battle. maybe the time has come where these spry youngsters can simply techskill their problems away, and we'll have to beat them the old fashioned way.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
good **** dave :D

we're growing old, kev. our hands are weak from our years of battle. maybe the time has come where these spry youngsters can simply techskill their problems away, and we'll have to beat them the old fashioned way.
just do what i do and spam CC dsmash, no matter what character you're using

Moooose

Smash Champion
good tourney
thanks for the ride diesel, kevin and hailey, u guys are hilarious
and gg's to everyone i played

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
I had fun for MOST of the tournament. I was pretty down about tournament losses, but I got over it.

Good **** Aber and Kevin for beating me.

Good **** Moose for being a homie.

Good **** Jack (Tim) and Slox for pulling their weight in crews.

Good **** HAB for hosting. Though, KevinM and I realized on the ride home, that our side of the bracket was kinda messed. If KevinM and I both lost or won, he and I would have to play and Joe and Aber would have to play. These pairings aren't ideal since I play Kevin all the time and Joe and Aber play all the time. On the other hand, if I won and Joe won, or vice versa, me and Joe would play and Kevin and Aber would play. I played Joe in pools and Kevin played Aber in pools. I realize you didn't have much to work with, but after Mafia, KevinM is probably the person I play most.

Good **** to HaileyM for being the homie (kinda tight near the end though).

Good **** to Handsome Joe and Foxlisk for being Super Mario people. How about that?

Good **** to Hydro for letting me know about my controller. I'll see you at SITB I hope.

Shoutouts to Meredith for hanging with me also.

Aaaaand, I think that's it. Had a pretty good time, just hope all these people can come to SITB, please.

Thanks!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Yeah I was talking to Kevin about it near the end of the tourney and I realized only well after looking at the bracket about seven times that that would happen. It wasn't the greatest bracket, I know, but still. Anyway, you got some Marvel to learn, homie! I'm glad you had a good time.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
wow good stuff zoso

not gonna lie i didnt know you were that good cause the only time ive seen you play was that set against moose in the last tourney

moooooooooooooooooseeeeeeeeeee

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone. Special shoutout to HAB for running this tournament, fun as always.
Zoso-Good stuff winning it all. I had my first ever puff dittos with you, can't say I enjoyed them...
MDZ-GG's. Sorry for sucking in crews, I'll do better next time
Bolt-GG's. Glad I finally met you.
Kyu Puff-Nice job getting 5th. Looking forward to playing you again sometime.
Crush-Finally got to meet you, that crazy tech skill...
Gonzales-GG's. Another money match next time?
KevinM-So, where can I find the video of me getting 4 stocked on dreamland?
Larz-Good stuff man, nobody will ever forget your epic roy game.
HaileyM-GG's, rematch at HOG?
Sai-Thanks for the puff advice.

See everyone at HOG.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
zoso on top like he should be

also really kevin? I BELIEVED IN YOU

edit: dylan you better have not lost to one of those scrubby falcos

editedit: sai =/

also wheres mafia in the results...?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Mafia didn't go. Dylan lost to me and Matt.... so yeah at least one scrubby Falco.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
i did lose to matt, but it's not really one of my stronger match-ups right now cuz i haven't played you in almost a year cough cough

S l o X

Smash Champion
I love getting ***** in tournament and then having fun / redeeming myself in MMs / crew battle.

Great tournament. Thank you HAB for asking me about the bracket bro, <3. Kevin, why didn't you play Pika against me in tourney? Oh and Swift, good **** helping destroy the other crew and thanks for the ride home.

As long as I'm not winning the tournaments, I will never be satisfied. The lab isn't ever going to close anymore. Eye opening experience.

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
1: Zoso ($85) - Dave, I guess they just weren't ready. Good job man you deserve the victory. See you again soon. We need more CoD4.

2: SwiftBass ($85) - GGs in that money match.
3: MattDotZeb ($34) - Nice job with 3rd and thank you for doing all of the recording and video management.
4: Moose ($20) - Yoshi's Story only. Our matches were very fun and intense, your Falco is great.
5: Aber ($10) - GGs you always beat me now. Congrats on 5th.
5: KyuPuff ($10) -
7: Gonzo - GGs
7: KevinM - Pikachu is a terrible character. GGs
9: ProSkater -
9: Sai -
9: Slox - Cool bracket, bro. Good to see you again, your Falco is legit.
9: Bolt - Great to see you getting back into smash, come by sometime soon and play with us.
13: Carly Rae Jepson -
13: Rebecca Black -
13: Diesel - GGs in pools

Foxlisk - SMB3 all day
Jeff - Make bracket next time lol
Sorry to anyone I forgot

dudutsai

Smash Lord
SwiftBass - Congrats on your placement. I didn't have time to ask for those friendlies, but I'll find you next time.
MattDotZeb - So powerful. Good stuff not approaching me when I camped, but then you didn't have to. At one point there was a mattdotzeb that would have done it, so while I'm happy to see you advancing its kinda sad you won't be killing yourself as much anymore. mattdotzebra
Moose - Nice to meet you. Given how close framingham is, we should try to organize some smash sessions sometime. I would love the practice.
Gonzo - Sorry I didn't find time to play you. Next time for sure.
KevinM - Thanks for the games. Sorry I didn't take them all as seriously as I could have. Next time I'll find you and I'll be sure to try my best to learn the fox MU.
Slox - Congrats on first seed. Keep improving and I'll try to do the same so I don't fall behind. That set was so close and I think I can win next time :)
Bolt - GGs..... I guess... kind of
Boomrested - Sorry I wasn't as much help as I could have been. Find me next time and I'll try to do more. Honestly I felt a lot more pressured than I had expected, and was really surprised by how good you are.
Larz - LOL that counterpick was awesome. Roy leaning forward after landing from up b really destroyed me. Nice job being an innovator.
Relax - Sorry about your controller. I think you should just relax more. I'm still winning the competition for most terrible jokes made about your tag.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Sai I'm pretty sure you being at this tournament brought out my campy playstyle again and reminded me how fun it is. After playing you there wasn't a single bracket match I had that I wasn't trying to camp in some way.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
Sai I'm pretty sure you being at this tournament brought out my campy playstyle again and reminded me how fun it is. After playing you there wasn't a single bracket match I had that I wasn't trying to camp in some way.
lol, yup i can attest to that. That match in FD was like chasing after a zebra with feathers. Dont get me wrong i dint get frustrated i play ST so our macth reminded me of playing Ryu vs. Guile but i wast able to cacth you :awesome:

Nabo

Smash Rookie
had fun at this, thanks guys =)

MattDotZeb--crews were awesome haha
Moose--thanks for friendlies, I think that helped my game
KyuPuff--you're a good driver...I was definitely sleeping some of the way back
Gonzo--we should play next time, $1 money match? =D
KevinM--playing you in tournament for the first time was really fun, thanks for not going marth =D
Sai--see you soon hopefully
Bolt--I had a lot of fun watching your games with Sai ahaha
Diesel--sorry if you feel like you got sort of screwed cuz of seeding! we should have played more at this one imo
Hailey--we gotta get in more gossip and bubble tea at the next one =P

that kid I was going to team with--you seem pretty cool, we should actually team some time
Ryan--nice meeting you, hope to play you again
CPU--you really don't suck, so keep at it, I sort of already fear your sheik
Mafia--way to not go to the one tournament I was at all year! come on =P
HAB--good to meet you, thanks for hosting and keeping things timely!!
Crush--good to see you again, chat me anytime
Foxlisk--those matches were pretty intense!! good games

PK Webb

Smash Champion
idk what to say about these results.........(walks off into sunset while scratching head)

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i hate matts playstyle.......dam effective annoy tht crap out of ur opponent till he wants to punch a baby in the testicles playstyle...but besides that he's kool

PK Webb

Smash Champion
my fox will do it jus gotta figure stuff out....fox is the best character......................in theory

Top Bottom