• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batou's Monthlies 9 (Metaknight Legal)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou's Monthlies 9

Another monthly tournament held by Neo Batou.
This time it's a different set of tournaments.

Neo Batou # 817-564-8819

Events:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles/Doubles
Project Melee Singles/Doubles

6212 Mccart
Fort Worth, TX 76133

Time

Sign Ups start at 1:00PM and ends at 1:15PM. If you are late, call me or let me know so I can know where to put you at. Anyone late before signups will be too late and the bracket will be formed without you, so be sure to be on time.

Rulesets
Since the disbandment of the URC, I still like what they did as far as a ruleset is concerned, so I'm going to base it off the 3.0 ruleset.....however I am making it Metaknight legal since we have our share of MK players and I think the ban isn't really that fair so yes, MK is legal but no double MK is allowed for doubles.

Project M Rulesets: It's the same ruleset displayed at Bowser's Revolution.

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:

a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.

8. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:

a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

Singles Stagelist:

STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Port Town Aero Dive

BANNED:
Everything Else

Doubles Stagelist:

STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Fountain of Dreams
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Port Town Aero Dive
SSE Jungle

BANNED:
Everything Else

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players.
6. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload to the internet. If you have a problem with your video being uploaded, notify the TO asap.

Payouts

60/30/10 for each event.
Each event is 5 dollars to enter.
The venue fee is 5 but it might be free for those who bring set ups, this is still in the air, I"ll talk to the owners to see if we can implement this or not.
Be sure to bring set ups, I need at least 3 for Project M and two for Brawl, but you are also welcome to bring your own, this I recommend if I can get the venue fee waved or reduced.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Yessss....I forgot to put Doubles on here, so I edited it.

If your going to this event, be sure to also try and attend the Texas Crusade 1 the weekend before this event hosted by aerolink as well. Let's get it hype.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Collin James Finocchiaro
about a minute ago

wtf

y

u

no liek dubs

Harold Houston
A few seconds ago

I do this because ever since I had MK banned events, I've been having small attendance and no one would want to do doubles anyways...but if enough people say they want dubs, i'll make it happen.

yo guys... we need hype for dubs else there wont be dubs. If you want dubs to happen... put this shyguy in your post. Make sure to hit like, share, subscribe, and help spread the word on facebook statuses, twit-pics and make lots of youtube videos.

We can make this happen!

THE POWER IS YOURS

:shyguy:

Dojo

Smash Champion
Since I can't make ALSM's, and I'm actually open this weekend I might try to organize something.

If Valdens contacts me by then and is able to come, he may come as well.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Since I can't make ALSM's, and I'm actually open this weekend I might try to organize something.

If Valdens contacts me by then and is able to come, he may come as well.
Yeah definitely see if you can make it.
If you can't, I understand....it's quite a way from where you are to my location so...

Dnyce

Smash Master
Turns out this will be the day I move down there... So if I show up, it wouldn't be until late :(

Shoutouts to Alsm and seagull for trying to support the revolution!!!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Sorry for such late notice but some things have came up and I won't be able to make it happen.

Now Disqo said he can have someone else run it for me, so be my guest if you can make it happen.
If I don't get a response by tomorrow i'm just going to cancel it altogether.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Ok, it has been decided I'll be running this tourney. Denti, you can help run it too if you want. So we're good for this tourney. Same rules and everything.

Also, I don't have a project m setup, so please bring setups for that.

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I can run this if needed. But idk if I'll have enough set ups for project M. If someone could help me out there, it'd be appreciated.
Rob was talking about running the PM tournament for Batou, though hes not sure if he has off work. If so no doubt he'll be bringing his set up.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Tourney needs to be renamed.
I will no longer attend batous monthlies.
.... It's still Batou's Monthly 9. Project M singles and doubles, and Brawl singles. I wanna add in Brawl doubles as well; I mean I mainly play Brawl of course as well as other players. I'll run Project Melee events first at the same time, and then Brawl events at the same time. We'll see how this goes.

Please bring setups! Very, very important!

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Im skeptical about this, I might be able to beg my parents to go to this but theres reasons why to and why not to attend this:
ALSM wants me for a livestream, and well also my headset mic.
I have been playing brawl alot lately and maybe I could pull out decent tournament results.
I also need to attend something thats brawl. Haven't shown my face for brawl in a while

I have no sign of a partner for doubles.
I don't think I have any of my own money. My parents shall feed me money.
Im going to ask my parents in the morning, and I think I might've told them a bit too late. I don't think we have any plans though...

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Denti, I told you to stop posting your tournaments in the Wichita thread. We don't play SSBB anymore, so stop doing it.

D

Deleted member

UTDZac has Cats? I honestly wouldn't have guessed he does... Also, if I can go to this, what are we doing for the livestream ALSM? Are we using my channel, somebody elses, or what because I have everything set up for one. And who's going to be commentating because I need to know who I give my headset to.

D

Deleted member

Ok, Well I have 1 headset...
No wait I have a built in computer microphone thats actually pretty good as well, so either one will work.

D

Deleted member

im not confirmed to go. if i do go then your going to have fun

Oracle

Smash Master
From seth's earlier post, I am still down to run P:M if you need me. Will be bringing a setup once i organize a carpool. Also, I may need a teammate if batou isn't going.

D

Deleted member

In total, I'm basically unable to go anywhere in texas except some place thats less then 30 minutes away. And they even think thats a long *** ways away apparantly. "IF SOMETHING HAPPEND THEN YOU'D BE SO FAR AWAY! 2 HOURS AROUND TRIP, THATS SO LONG ZACH!" The only venue I can pretty much go to is the FX Games exchange venue used for bowsers revenge and revolution. ._.

Top Bottom