• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Throw Follow Up Chart

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
A work in progress but this is a chart of all the follow ups we have on every character we can chaingrab. This also includes the Standing and Ledge Infinites just for convenience. That way we no longer have to trek into Vayseth's old guide to see...we have all the info we need right here <3

Character | Down Tilt | Forward Tilt | Up Smash | Back Air | Standing Infinite | Ledge Infinite
:mario2: | No| Yes | No | No | Yes | No
:luigi2: | No| Yes | No | No | Yes | Yes
:peach:| No | Yes |No | No| No| No
:link2: | Yes | Yes | Yes| No | No | No
:ganondorf: | No| Yes | Yes | Yes | No | No
:dk2: | Yes| Yes | No | Yes | Yes | Yes
:snake: | Yes| Yes | No | Yes | No | No
:bowser2: | Yes| Yes | Yes | Yes | No | Yes
:wolf: | Yes| Yes | No | No | No | Yes
:lucas: | No | Yes | No | No | No | No
:ness2: | No| Yes | Yes | No | No | No
:dedede: | Yes | Yes | Yes | No | No | Yes
:marth: | No| Yes | No | No | No | No
:diddy: | No| Yes | No | No | No | No
:toonlink: | No| Yes | No | No | No | No
:pit: | No| Yes | No | No | No | No
:wario: | No| Yes | No | No | No | No
:falcon: | No| Yes | No | No | No |No
:lucario: | No| Yes | Yes | No | No | No
:charizard: | Yes| Yes | Yes| Yes | No | No
:ivysaur: | Yes| Yes | Yes | No | No | No
:sonic: | No| Yes | Yes | No | No | No
:popo: | No| Yes | No | No | No | No
:ike: | No| Yes | No | No| No | No
:yoshi2: | Yes | Yes | No | No | No | No
:samus2: | Yes| Yes | No | No | Yes | No
:rob: | Yes| Yes | No | Yes | No | No

Yes = This only works on stage and not off the ledge.

Yes = This only works when spaced off the ledge.

*Note that Down Smash from Down Throw is guaranteed on Bowser as long as he's on stage. I just didn't feel like inserting another column to insert like 20 "No"s.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I actually considered adding that (or what kinda CG you can perform on X character) to the table lol.

This is just the base table. I was going to expand it a little later to add in some other stuff.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think d throw to f tilt works on Luigi if you dash grab him and time it very right.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Does D-Tilt actually hit Mario ? I can hit everyone on the list fine EXCEPT for Mario.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
just a cool idea for some people

on the d-throw before the last possible one, when enemy is cornered, sometimes if u d-throw->roll forward, they freak out and side step, if u rolled and buffered utilt, this will hit.

do it if ur ahead by enough to risk giving up a grab, and want a kill

| Big D |

Smash Master
I just tried it and you cannot do the standing infinite on Bowser fresh or stale.

You can however infinite on the ledge.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I just tried it and you cannot do the standing infinite on Bowser fresh or stale.

You can however infinite on the ledge.
Haha, I didn't even notice that Mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

However.. We can..

Standing Infinite -> Mario, Luigi, Samus, Dk. ( Pummel in between every regrab except Dk )
Ledge Infinite -> Wolf, Bowser, D3 ( Pummel in every except D3 ).
Slope infinite -> Wolf/ Bowser ( No pummel is needed for Bowser ).

Dash Dance Pivot Grab -> Yoshi/ Wario ( Wario only on Slopes ).

Buffered Reverse Pivot Grab Infinite -> Snake, Ivy, Charizard and a few others I forget.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I do not think it's useful at all on those two characters because we already have infinites.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Buffered Pivot Grab works on Wolf and Bowser (Which were the ones Pokemaster missed).

I think there are a few other dash dance pivot grab infinites D3 can do like Lucario, Ganon, and Charizard. Aero should test some of this stuff.

Also for grab releases:

Air Release:

:wario: F tilt, up smash, dash grab, and all of our air attacks, and I forgot up tilt

:squirtle: dash grab

Ground release:

:ness2: dash dance pivot grab infinite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVzDhJOiSo&feature=youtu.be)

You can also d throw to up smash Mario and Peach on slopes.
I do not think it's useful at all on those two characters because we already have infinites.
That's true along with the fact that you can trip. In the beginning of the discovery it was useful because the rules used to say you had to dash before you grab.

Although Yoshi it's pretty useful if you can time it right.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Haha, sorry for missing those Characters. And I had assume the Buffered Usmash had Different effects on Slopes with Mario. Never tried out Peach. Are the slopes YiB Slopes/ Halberd Platform ones ?

Oh. On almost any Downward/ Upward Slant. You can Standing CG Bowser and Wolf.
Bowser doesn't need to have a Pummel for this. Which is why Cping him to YiB and or any other Sloped Stages is a great choice. Same as for Wolf.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Haha, sorry for missing those Characters. And I had assume the Buffered Usmash had Different effects on Slopes with Mario. Never tried out Peach. Are the slopes YiB Slopes/ Halberd Platform ones ?
I really don't remember, so you're probably gonna have to test them out. I'm pretty sure it's both. I dk if all yi slopes works.

I've never landed it on Mario but D3 gets a 20/19 frame advantage and it reaches. Peach D3 actually gets a 21/20 frame advantage so we can do it when d throw is stale and it's much easier to do unstale.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I really don't remember, so you're probably gonna have to test them out. I'm pretty sure it's both. I dk if all yi slopes works.

I've never landed it on Mario but D3 gets a 20/19 frame advantage and it reaches. Peach D3 actually gets a 21/20 frame advantage so we can do it when d throw is stale and it's much easier to do unstale.
Scratch that. It's pointless. But. On Most YiB Slopes. Even going downward it works on them. When you have time, test it out.

Testing the Slope Usmash.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wow that's interesting.

However the dash pivot grab and footstool would only work very well on FD because of platforms. But then again our chaingrab can control where Wario get's air released and I think that's what Dedede really has over the other characters against Wario.

I think many other characters can infinite Wario.

allshort17

Smash Ace
It would work on FD, SV (sometimes), halberd, the right half of Frigate on the first transformation, the second transformation of Frigate, some of the transformations on Delfino, the neutral transformation of PS1 and PS2, and the second and third transformations of castle siege.

Doc King

Smash Lord
That could be used to reverse the chaingrabs and do another set of chaingrabs.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Mario is hit on Upward Slants only.

Peach is ANY Upward Slant.

Yoshi only works if it puts him on that big slant at the edge of YiB. It also works if you start from there.
As well. It will hit Yoshi on the Downward Slanted Edges when Lylat is in Neutral Position.

I tested everyone else already not in this list.
They All PS it. =-=

Doc King

Smash Lord
I wonder how Yoshi works? I mean the frame data is 19/18 advantage but I hear that Yoshi has a ****ty shield so probably the shield like delays or something.

Yay for new D3 combos.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Oh and, we can frame Perfect Dash Grab air release CG Wario across the stage.
Or.. Just D-Throw him.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I mentioned the air release chaingrab. It also work on Squirtle who we can't d throw chaingrab.

Top Bottom