• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds: The Final Frontier 2

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Doubles 10 Teams
1. Team Amurika (Dart & ORLY)
2. AnDaLe & Oro?!
3. Rat & Sveet
4. Al-Queda (The Good Doctor & Alcheato)
5. Bieber & Lixi
5. Hindawg & Me14K
7. Ripple & PseudoTurtle
7. Yazz & Bear
9. Josh & Eric
9. Chris & Nico

Singles 23 Entrants
1. Kels
2. Dart
3. ORLY
4. The Good Doctor
5. Sveet
5. AnDaLe
7. Bieber
7. Metroid
9. Rat
9. Scythe
9. Ripple
9. Vro
13. Alcheato
13. Hindawg
13. Arty
13. Lixi
17. Halfdemon
17. Me14K
17. Jpal
17. Rama
21. PseudoTurtle
21. Taji
21. Yazz

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Lost to 2nd and 3rd.

Just my luck.

Ill get you next time chris

:dkmelee:

:phone:

Kels88

Smash Lord
Did Kels go Fox against Dart?
He 3-0d me in WF. I think i went fox twice, and Sheik once. Then he beat my Sheik first game GF and my fox 2nd game. So i switched back to Sheik and won 3 straight. Then took the first game 2nd set and was about to win the 2nd game.

Edit: Marth is broken. IMO If you don't camp him you WILL lose.

ORLY

Smash Master
i don't know how dart didn't close out the 2-0 lead in the first set of GFs

but god, i don't blame him for not wanting to play against the campiest ****ing sheik i've ever seen

i wanted to gouge my eyes out with rusty sporks

metroid1117

Smash Master
Where's dem full P:M results?
Rat has them, but Mad and I won doubles going double Ike and, if I recall correctly, the top 5 for PM singles were:

1. metroid :ikebrawl:
2. Vro :ikebrawl:
3. ORLY :bowserbrawl:
4. Dart :marthbrawl:
5. Kels :sheikbrawl:/:foxbrawl:
5. Scythe :wolfbrawl:

I'll post full shout-outs later, but I had a lot of fun at this tournament. Thanks to Sveet for hosting and Rat+Vro for running the PM tournaments!

danieljosebatista

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, this was probably the best grand finals I have ever seen. I was really inspired by it personally, as corny as that sounds. The fact that Kels was able to come back and win from what looked like an impossible position was awesome. Good **** to both Dart and Kels, look forward to seeing you guys play more in the future

Kels88

Smash Lord
Honestly, this was probably the best grand finals I have ever seen. I was really inspired by it personally, as corny as that sounds. The fact that Kels was able to come back and win from what looked like an impossible position was awesome. Good **** to both Dart and Kels, look forward to seeing you guys play more in the future
just gotta keep pushin no matter how grim the situation looks. I was down 3 stocks to 1 against Andale and managed to win.

Chris, I didn't even camp that hard. The only reason i threw needles is because he Will Not approach if i don't. He'll keep doing Marth's rediculously OP'D Dashdance and wait for me to screw up my approach then kill me for it.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
yeah i agree. halfway through the first set of GFs i thought kels was going down 6-0 for sure, but he stayed composed and played pretty much flawlessly for the next 5 games. great finals, super inspiring, i can't believe more people weren't watching. big thanks to dart and kels for keeping me entertained, <3 watching your guys's sets

Rat

Smash Lord
I don't have full P:M singles results. Bracket was on a piece of paper, which was probably thrown out.

Rat fail. No bracket image.

Edit:
I still have the pool sheets and the Teams results.

Teams:
6 Teams
1: Metroid + Mad :ike: + :ike: - $14
2: Dart + Andale :marth: + :jigglypuff: - $10
3: Vro + Kels (and Sveet) :ike: + :sheik:
4: Rat + ORLY :sonic: + :bowser:
5: Chris + Eric
6: Niko + Cos

Singles:
17 Entrants $51
1: Metroid :ike: - $30
2: Vro :ike: - $18
3: ORLY :bowser: - $3
4: Dart :marth: (:ike:?)
5: Kels :sheik:
5: Scythe :wolf: :falco:
7: Sveet :fox:
7: Andale :dedede: :jigglypuff:

Pools Cutoff:
9: Mad :ike:
9: Rat :sonic:
9: The Good Doctor :sheik:
9: JPal ???
12: Alex :ike: :peach:
12: Oro :lucario:
12: Bieber :ike:
12: Josh :dedede:
12: Eric ???

metroid1117

Smash Master
As far as the PM Singles bracket goes, does anyone remember who they played? I know I played Kels WR1, then Scythe in WS, then Vro for WF. Sveet played Scythe in WR1, then Sveet lost and played Kels for LR1. Kels advanced and played and Dart for LR2. Dart advanced and played ORLY for LS, then ORLY played Vro for LF. Did Dart play Vro in WS? I don't know what happened outside my half of the bracket.

ORLY

Smash Master
geez that p:m singles spread is nasty

60% / 34% / 6% ouchhh

i should have gotten $5!

EDIT: i'm flabbergasted at the positive feedback about kelly's sheik in GFs

that was so BOOOOOOOOOORING

DOUBLE EDIT: they were both playing pretty campy to be fair

IT WAS SOOOOOOO BORING

BIG C

Smash Master
geez that p:m singles spread is nasty

60% / 34% / 6% ouchhh

i should have gotten $5!

EDIT: i'm flabbergasted at the positive feedback about kelly's sheik in GFs

that was so BOOOOOOOOOORING

DOUBLE EDIT: they were both playing pretty campy to be fair

IT WAS SOOOOOOO BORING

LOL welcome to sheik vs marth. **** is boring.

ORLY

Smash Master
sheik vs anything is boring

falcon vs marth now that's where the action is

EDIT: also: i was sad that the kishes didn't end up making it.

and bowser is tooooooo good in P:M

Rat

Smash Lord
The split was:
3rd place money back.
The closest to 60/40 i could get from 48 bucks.

I'll post the pot division in the tournament thread before hand.

Things for next P:M tournament:
1) No doubles RR, only bracket
If people are in two events, that suuucks for time. This caused a big delay.
2) Use tio for bracket (so I don't lose it.)
3) Gonna try a different stagelist.
-Striking from 9 stages takes too long and ends up being kind of dumb.
-Not sure about CPs and bans yet.

Other ramblings:
On Pools->Bracket
I don't think pools are worth the time. I thought pools were a great way to get more matches for people who would go 0-2 in a bracket. But in pools there will be a lame duck period where you know you are out but have to play more matches. That wastes time as a TO and feels terrible as a player.

The upside of Pools is better seeding. Yet as a TO i'm totally fine with random seeding. It can make ****ty brackets - specifically for players who might place 5th-9th and have to face 1-3rd right away. But I do agree with nutting up and playing your match. I also like that it treats every entrant equally.

I also don't like hand seeding as it's impossible to be impartial when doing it. (Worldview Time: I like to think there's an objective world out there. People are limited in scope - objective world is very filtered by the subject. I mean very, by very very very much.) I'd like to try to treat entrants as fairly as possible. And I do think it's fair to give bias towards those who attend tournaments regularly and place well regularly, as they have proven themselves.

Uh.. that was a bit a ramble.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master

but god, i don't blame him for not wanting to play against the campiest ****ing sheik i've ever seen

Stop making johnz, seriously if that's all you take from watching Kelly play then it's no wonder it has taken you like 50 years to finally get decent at this game lol... Throwing out moves and comboing is the most basic aspect of this game, the mental game is where the true meat and potatos of melee are at.

Is he supposed to just run into Dart's counterfighting all day and lose? No you gotta poke around and look for openings against marth, that's how sheiks have fought the matchup since 2004. Being a defensive/reactive player is much harder than being an offensive/proactive player imo. Most players fall in the middle tho.

Kels88

Smash Lord

lol can't believe you are actually saying this. But perhaps it's why you wont ever beat me. Not thinking like this you wont. Can't wait til the vids come out. I don't even think i played super campy but whatever.

ORLY

Smash Master
i heavily favor aggression and action to camping and being careful

it may be why i lose, but i have a lot more fun attacking so

don't be gettin' all up ons; we all know i don't hate our little melon head

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
vids are all corrupt again. I'm pretty sure the source of my woes is my CC

Kels88

Smash Lord
i heavily favor aggression and action to camping and being careful

it may be why i lose, but i have a lot more fun attacking so

don't be gettin' all up ons; we all know i don't hate our little melon head
the reason I like fox vs falcon is I can push his **** in without having to worry about getting grabbed. Falcon also doesn't get ***** as bad as the spacies by Marth.

By marth having a disjointed hitbox he can defend against almost any approach. So until he throws out a move he is fully able to guard himself. This is why I feel like u have to either bait a move out of him, or get him to approach.

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can't wait to see WF and first set of GF, it's quite refreshing to see a high level Marth-Sheik matchup being played these days.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, in case anyone's interested, the playlist for the PM Singles tournament can be found here and the playlist for the PM Doubles Round-Robin tournament can be found here. Friendlies will be uploaded later.

Top Bottom