• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

(Please listen to me)

Welcome ladies and gents to the King of Iron First Tournament 2012. This game's backdrop is based on the characters and environment of the Tekken Series. I want to thank Marshy for helping me with this game's design.

Feel free to PM me | Skype: nick_c7

Helpful Links:-
Newbie Guide | Basic Rules | Common Roles | Smashboards Mafia Archives

[COLLAPSE=Rules]
Fundamentals:-

1. I am your Mod.
  2. Please enjoy this game, and do not personally attack other players in a manner that offends.
  3. Inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games.
  4. If you believe a simple mod mistake has occurred, please address this in-thread and in bold. If you believe a large moderation mistake has occurred, or you have a dispute, please contact me via PM or IM.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in the thread. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (And if you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
  7. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod and any co-mods.
  8. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  9. You are not allowed to quote your role PM or quote a fake role PM. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  10. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM.
  11. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text colour to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
  12. Do not post in code.
  13. You must post in English.
  14. Hydras are allowed. Hydra communication logs are not allowed to be posted in the game.
  15. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

Voting and Lynching:-

1. Each Day you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command, e.g. Vote: Player A.
  2. You can unvote, e.g. Unvote: Player B, which removes your vote from the player you were voting. You do not have to unvote if you wish to vote someone else.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice, e.g. Vote: No Lynch. A majority voting for this choice will end the Day with no player being lynched.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a deadline is reached. If a deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be a no lynch.
  5. There is no Twilight phase.
  6. No posts during Night. These posts are discouraged, and persistent Night posting will be on grounds for dismissal!

Activity and Deadline:-

1. You are required to post at least once every 48 hours. You will be prodded otherwise. An accumulation of too many prods (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill, depending on the circumstances. If feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing / modkilling. If you have a pre-planned absence, please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. If your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you will be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
  2. A single deadline extension will be granted if a majority of players request this, e.g. Request Deadline Extension. This extension will last only 24 hours.

Game Specific:-

1. YOU WIN: The player that hammers becomes a champ and earns Night kill immunity the following Night only. Each player can only achieve this status once and never again should they hammer twice onward.
  2. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  3. Jesters, Survivors and Politicians are non-existent in this game.
  4. Modkills only end the Day if the player being killed is town-aligned. All other modkills will continue the game. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight, the modkill will effect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise).
  5. Town win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Sample Role PM:-

[COLLAPSE=SamplePM]“You're gonna get beats”

Welcome to the King of Iron First tournament. You are Generic Fighter, Vanilla Townie.

You started your fighting career since birth, exhibiting advanced secret techniques that no adult has ever seen before in a baby... You then progressed to become the greatest fighter on the planet... that was until you were chosen to become the Official Mcdonald's Mascot, your current job title that you proudly boast 30 years experience in.

Let your fists and votes do the talking. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.[/COLLAPSE]

Please play by the rules!

[/COLLAPSE]_

Fighters:-

1. Toastin' Dat Walrus (Gorf/Kuz Hydra)
  2. -Masquerain-
  3. adumbrodeus
  4. Яagnarock
  5. Dark Horse
  6. Kary
  7. [Swiss] J
  8. [Blazer] Krystedez
  9. DtJ Glyphmoney
  10. Nabe
  11. Red Ruy
  12. WashedLaundry
  13. [Fynal] Bardull
  14. frozenflame751
  15. Pink Lemonade (July/Ranmaru Hydra)
  16. Jdietz43

Tag-Teamers:-

1. ???

K.O'd:-

1. Toastin' Dat Walrus, Yoshimitsu, Vanilla Townie, was K.O'd Round 1.
  2. frozenflame751, King I, Vanilla Townie, was severely whacked over the head Night 1, causing deathly concussion.
  3. adumbrodeus, Kuma, Vanilla Townie, was K.O'd Round 2.
  4. J, Heihachi Mishima, Mafia Goon, was K.O'd Round 3.
  5. Яagnarok, Lei Wulong, Town Line Tapper, was beaten up and fell to the floor in agonising pain Night 3, dying shortly after.
  6. Red Ryu, Marshall Law, Vanilla Townie, was K.O'd Round 4.
  7. DtJ Glyphmoney, Jin Kazama, Vanilla Townie, was K.Od Round 5.
  8. Dark Horse, Julia Chang, Vanilla Townie, suffered heavy blows all over Night 5 and sadly is no longer with us!
  9. Kary, Anna Williams, Independent Honey Trapper, was K.Od Round 6.
  10. Krystedez, Paul Phoenix, Vanilla Townie, was brutally killed Night 6.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Everyone can just chill in here for now until I get the game rolling (possibly Monday or Tuesday)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Cackled with laughter when I read the game specific rules.

Yeah, good luck everyone.

I'm going to try and play this one cool. This is bound not to work, but nevermind.

Hoping my role pm is Ling Xiaoyu with some sort of backflip related power. Or just a cute picture. Ok, going to stop talking... now.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
gahh

time to see if my poor mental facilities can handle two games at once i guess

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Patience my fellow brethren... Role PMs shall be sent out tonight at the latest!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay... Role PMs are going out now :chuckle:

I'm locking this until they're all sent.

Edit: SENT. You can start confirming now. Let's get this show on the road!

Swiss

Smash Lord
/replace out

mfw

Kat you can ignore my PM. Can one person hammer more than once and simply not get the immunity bonus? Or can we each only hammer once.....

"Each player can only achieve this status once and never again should they hammer twice onward."

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
You can hammer as many times as you like Swissai... but you only get champ status the first time.

I'm talking in bold forever until the game ends...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Dumb mechanic make me sad.

C'mon, let's go trash this game. Am I a Goon or Godfather. I forget.
You're godfather this game, I'm ninja. Don't worry man, we'll get past the silly mechanic and make sure no townie ever gets immunity.

I forget, whose the poor the poor sap we're bussing d1... er goon?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
No one quick wagon Swiss in RVS so some townie says something dumb and pressure forever shifts away because he's competent enough to make logical statements but has already received "heat." He dies D1. Adumb will either help me or keep up a dumb charade and be lynched for it.

Mechanic definitely hints at the presence of a killing, probably prominent, third party faction so Mafia definitely has reason to hammer. Maybe two mafia factions. Does that line up with the flavor?

Who is Blazer?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Less dumb mechanic.

Toastin' Dat Walrus (Gorf/Kuz Hydra) - Give me D1 and voting mechanic, you can have D2.
-Masquerain- - Who?
adumbrodeus - What happens when we're both alive D3? Which of us dies? Tag team? Might need you to reign in some people.
Яagnarock - You're Soup?
Dark Horse - Sheep me 'till D3.
Kary - Who?
Blazer - Who?
DtJ Glyphmoney - Eh, what's the last game we both had interaction? I know the name but recall no games.
Nabe - I want no interaction with you
Red Ruy - Sheep me and shut up
WashedLaundry - Stop crumbing
Fynal - Stances. Asap. What do you think of WL crumbing?
frozenflame751 - Oh, good.
Pink Lemonade (July/Ranmaru Hydra) - Who's the dominant head? Why? July, reign him in. I want your stances but do not wish to suffer him.
Jdietz43 - Sheep me.

OK. I don't know a lot of players here, which has the unfortunate implication that you may not know me. I'm the best on Dgames. If you have less than 5 completed games under your belt you will follow my votes for the first few days. I'll also be deciding who hammers. This isn't up for negotiation so please do not waste your time moaning. If I said "who?" tell me about yourself, your experience, your style, your opinions, your suspicions, your fears.

Top Bottom