• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Power Ranking Decision 9

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Arizona Power Ranking Decision 9
(APRD9)

2625 W. BASELINE RD., TEMPE, AZ 85283

Room: 206/207 (located on the second floor, in the building closest to Baseline Rd.)

Head T.O. KiraFlax (Kevin) 480 294 9440
Head T.O. RaveRemix (Luis) 480 522 6912

Schedule
12:00pm- Friendlies/Warmups
2:00pm- Doubles
4:00pm- Singles (Pools/Double Elimination Bracket)

Entry Fees
Singles: $10/Per Person
Doubles: $5/Per Person
Project M: $3/Per Person

Payouts
Singles:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th

Doubles:
1st
2nd
3rd

Rule Set: Japanese
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be Best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off
9. No standing infinites for stalling purposes
10. No bugs/glitches of any kind
11.No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
12. Ledge grab limit of 50
13. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Exceptions to Rule 13:
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage.
[There is one other exception, but I don't understand it. I'll update this once I get a clarification from RAIN, or if someone else can figure out what it means from the Japanese version.]
14. Double MK is banned

Set Format:
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock.

Stages:
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpicks
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Saffy

Smash Ace
:D I will be here w/ a set up for brawl/Project M.

If I am feeling generous I might bring more prizes, not sure yet :p

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kevin, please make the title "Arizona Power Ranking Decision 9," since not everyone knows what APRD stands for.

Also, please change the entry fee for Singles to $10, since it's an APRD tournament.

Oh and Zee, my girlfriend says hi, and wishes you lived closer so you could hang out with us more often <333

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey Kevin, the entry fee for Singles is $10, since it's an APRD tournament.

Also, it would probably be better if you actually write out "Arizona Power Ranking Decision 9" in the title, since not everyone knows what APRD stands for.

Oh and Zee, my girlfriend says hi, and wishes you lived closer so you could hang out with us more often <333
Tell her I said Hi back. I'm borrowing my friend steven's car for a few months but when I get my own I wanna start coming up there more often and hanging with phoenix peoples =)

<3 ya'll

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Hmm i hope i can attend this its cutting it really close since i leave on the 9th but ill try to make it to this.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
If I end up making this, I have a project M wii, but I don't have a TV. I should be getting a tv I can bring to tournaments regularly soon, but should I still bring my wii?

k9.

Smash Ace
Last one, here we come!

Also Kevin take me off as a host. I don't feel like it. You and Luis can handle it, my friends.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
I'll be there, and I'll enter this time.

Wasn't this originally set for July 30 or something? Or am I just imagining things...

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I will be there unless I end up getting hired and working that day which is highly unlikely. I want to make another impression before this Season is over.

Is Heysuess going or do I need to plan to get in on a carpool?

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for this!

I like teaming with Stevo, but if he is teaming with someone else then I will team with you Yummy :D.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I'm using Peach Aaven, I did really well at the last tourney and pulled two bombs within 3 sets. :3
We got 4th and took a set off Rich and sk ^^

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to be able to make this...I guess I'm saying goodbye to my cahnce at the PR this season. And I probably am going to be leaving halfway through next season, so I probably don't have a shot then either.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
okay so ill be making it to this it looks like i will be in phx on the 6th is there anyone who can house me for the tourney.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I'm using Peach Aaven, I did really well at the last tourney and pulled two bombs within 3 sets. :3
We got 4th and took a set off Rich and sk ^^
Nice that's impressive, good job.

If you don't find anyone to team with Saffy let me know. Not sure who is teaming with who at the moment.

Oh and I'll be using Ike again, nobody supports me and Ike going our separate ways.

k9.

Smash Ace
This may not be the last tourney of the season because we need to do two more tourneys, if cori lets us host brawl at her house then this will be the last tourney.

But if she doesn't then there will be a APRDR2.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
This may not be the last tourney of the season because we need to do two more tourneys, if cori lets us host brawl at her house then this will be the last tourney.

But if she doesn't then there will be a APRDR2.
Wait what? Why?

It's normally like 5 tourneys a season aint it? We're at like 8 already.

And if there is a APRDR2 then it's gonna be in tucson, we'll actually MAKE SURE we have a venue this time.

Edit: Also JUST IN CASE. Please no commentary Xander. I don't wanna argue. JUST IN CASE

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
This season was screwed up. We need to be more organized when we start the new one.

Also, @ Rob: Stevo never truly loved you.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I'm climbing higher up on PR before this season's over, I'm taking at least seventh.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm taking all the momentum I had from E4U this past weekend and will make sure I end up as #1 in AZ with :peach:

Prepare to die by crown.

<3

k9.

Smash Ace
oh because out of those eight tourneys there has only been two when most of the PR members and potential PR members were there.

So we need valid results. That is the only reason, so don't give up hope on making it on the PR guys there is still hope!

Sorry Kyle i will be number one. NO MATTER WHAT!

Top Bottom