• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any interest in official N64 sticks?

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
I need some springs. That's the only thing I can't repair in my controllers :D
How much?

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
I need some springs. That's the only thing I can't repair in my controllers :D
How much?
If your controller stick is worn down then replacing the spring won't do anything. However if you are missing a few springs I don't know how cost effective it would be to mail them.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
It would improve it. I can repair all my black gears with tape and glue. The worn out spring is the only part I can't repair and needed to be replaced.

Anyway I would be interested in 10 springs.

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
It would improve it. I can repair all my black gears with tape and glue. The worn out spring is the only part I can't repair and needed to be replaced.

Anyway I would be interested in 10 springs.
When I tried to repair my sticks a long time ago I had my grandfather get a few springs from a manufacturer he knows. The custom ones didn't work as they were too stiff, but one of the employees told him about stretching the spring and baking it at 350 degrees to harden it again.

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
Oh hey someone in Ontario.

How much for 5?
Depending on the tier of stick you want. There's basically the gray controller tier (A), then check the longer video, the first stick seems about B tier, and at 0:55 seconds that thing is pretty loose which would be C tier.

I would ask 15$ for A, 12$ each for B and C I guess 8$

so if I took the time to find the absolute best parts and could make 5 tier A's then $60. could also spray them with silicon lube if you wish

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'd like 3 A sticks then.

I'm just in Toronto ftr, I could probably just come pick them up.

Morin0

Smash Lord
What's there to calculate for shipping costs for those small little parts? Put 'em in a small envelope with bubble wrap and you're good to go, dude!

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
got a couple shipping prices from canada post

to ship to usa it is $7 and change, the woman said 8 business days to arrive

and to ship to australia (picked it because it's very far) 3-4 weeks shipping costs $9 and change

these rates are for 200g and under shipping weight

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm interested in purchasing several A sticks. I will be in Toronto at the end of the month to attend Impulse, so I can swing by your house to pick them up and pay in person.

btw, do you know how exactly sticks get worn out? Which part is the part that actually gets worn?

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
btw, do you know how exactly sticks get worn out? Which part is the part that actually gets worn?

The black and the grey gears worn out after time. You can prevent this with putting some glue on it before start using the stick. The spring inside worn out too but it's hard to fix this. Your best option is to buy a new one.

Btw Eikelmann did you just register on the german smash boards?

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
i am interested in some sticks... oh wait i use a hori

:troll:
I use one too but some people don't have small hands like us.

I'm interested in purchasing several A sticks. I will be in Toronto at the end of the month to attend Impulse, so I can swing by your house to pick them up and pay in person.

The stick gets loose in 2 areas. The stick grinds the base so that it sits lower in the cup, so it doesn't sit even with the gears. The path that the stick travels inside the gears also wears down and causes looseness.

So far I found 9 A sticks so I don't think people will be able to buy lots.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I put together a few more sticks last night, and so far I only found 2 more than I could say are A tier. Most of the sticks show a little more wear in the X axis than the Y axis. The A tier ones are equally worn and only move very slightly in each axis.

I may have to price adjust the B ones to a lower price, they would still work fine for your games though.

I have 48 more sticks to put together so hopefully I can find more A tier sticks.

And I think it would be a good idea to meet so you could see the stick quality first hand and give some feedback to others.]

I need a ZIP or Postal Code to get pricing info from UPS

just got quote at $23 to ship to Firo... does anyone know any other shipping companies in Canada? I'm going to call DHL tomorrow, while purolator and fedex are speed delivery services it seems..
$23? wtf

I'd understand if it's a big package, but it's not.

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
$23? wtf

I'd understand if it's a big package, but it's not.
I thought it was outrageous too. It's because the package arrives in 5 business days. I was looking at the Canada Post website and they have 4-6 weeks option which would probably be extremely cheap.

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
First shipment went out today. Thanks Firo!

Also I'm making the B tier sticks $8. The difference between A and B, for the most part, is the looseness of the X axis. The Y axis among all of the sticks has been consistently tight, it's mainly X that has looseness. B is still very playable and it makes up the majority of the sticks that I have.

C tiers will be $5

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Elzevir, can you PM me your address? I will be in Mississauga / Toronto next weekend. I can swing by your place to purchase some sticks in person.

firo

Smash Ace
I got my 5 A sticks yesterday, and I must say that I am very pleased! They are all in excellent condition, and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them weren't used at all. They were packed nicely with a well placed fragile sticker on the front. I'm pumped to start putting these in controllers.

Samtheslightlygood

Smash Rookie
Any chance you're still selling these? I just got back into SSB64 when I discovered my N64 while moving into my new apartment, but unfortunately I still am using the same sticks I first got the N64. Needless to say, they're more than a bit worn.

Elzevir

Smash Cadet
Any chance you're still selling these? I just got back into SSB64 when I discovered my N64 while moving into my new apartment, but unfortunately I still am using the same sticks I first got the N64. Needless to say, they're more than a bit worn.
Yes send me a message with the tier, quantity, and shipping info.

Top Bottom