• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Tyler? Louisiana/Dallas/Dayton Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
"Who's Tyler?"
Powered by Super Saiyans..

You know that stretch of road between Dallas and Shreveport, we're having a tournament there. This is an attempt to breathe life into a new scene so everyone come on out to this and have fun with us.

MK LEGAL

Venue:
Lindale Library

200 East Hubbard Street Lindale, TX 75771
Venue number: (903) 882-1900
Venue fee $5​

Events:
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $10 per team
Project: M Singles TBA probably $3

Schedule:
(Times subject to change)
10:00 A.M. Set-Up/Registration
12:00 P.M. Brawl Doubles
2:00 P.M. Brawl Singles
4:00 P.M. Project M Singles
9:00 P.M. Close

livestream:
www.twitch.tv/labernash

Rules:
We will be using a slightly modified version of Unity Ruleset v2.1! Click here for rules
Starter Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege​

*Note that Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Pokémon Stadium 2 are banned. Stages striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, with the lower seeded player striking first and last. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.

Project M:
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Port Town Aero Dive​

Setups:
Please bring setups! We should have a rough estimate of how many we'll have soon, but more are always welcome.

Payouts:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Contact Info:
Jared/mr. game & watch/scrub nugget - (903)-521-7233
Rob/Psychoace - (903)-283-5991

Notes:
We are a growing and new community any advice is much appreciated.

Labernash

Smash Lord
OHMYGOODNESSYESPLEASE.

Everyone come to this.

Dayton, the time for our Crew Battle has finally come. Prepare to witness the wrath, that is Tyler.

EDIT: Everyone know that Lindale is considered "Tyler Area."

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I don't think it'll be to bad it's in a room away from the main library, it's not right in the library. We've held anime meetings in there before and a few melee tournaments and we had no complaints there.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sweet pickles!! I wanna see dat Batou vs Psychoace Falcon Ditto!!!

HYPE!!!

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Also in Shreveport. So psyched to have a tourney within 4 hours of me. Might just have to get a crew together and come out to this!

:phone:

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Never been to one before so im not sure how exactly they run. Is Project M supposed to end at 9:00? Or is that just when the venue closes or something?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Damn this is like a two and a half hour drive from where I live. Can I get housing? lol

Me attending is up in the air since I'll probably be the only person going to this.
I just think it's fair that I try to make it out to your tournaments because you all made it to mine.
Gotta check my car and my cash situation by then....who knows what will happen?

Labernash

Smash Lord
Never been to one before so im not sure how exactly they run. Is Project M supposed to end at 9:00? Or is that just when the venue closes or something?

We should be done with everything by 9:00. Project M might end with time left over afterwards.

Damn this is like a two and a half hour drive from where I live. Can I get housing? lol

Me attending is up in the air since I'll probably be the only person going to this.
I just think it's fair that I try to make it out to your tournaments because you all made it to mine.
Housing will be pretty tough. :(

Would love to see you out here, for sure!

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Also I am thrilled with the ruleset choice. If it was MK banned or even if more stages were allowed than the Apex 10 (which we use), we might not have even considered coming. But we're so happy about the tourney and are definitely gonna try to make plans to attend.

Labernash

Smash Lord
That's fantastic! Glad ya'll are considering this! It's gonna be a BLAST!

Get hyped!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Ooh sweet. Batou if you do need I could house, I'll make it worth your while to attend as well. I bet we'll be done way before 9, but that extra time is friendlies time yo. Also from Shreveport to hear I've made it in a little under 2 hours We're right off i20 and straight up 69.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer

I'll probly be up for joining you, assuming you're up for swinging by north dallas to pick me up :)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I am posting to show that I have interest in attending, I would need housing though.

Once I can confirm I'm off work, as well as housing, I can confirm my spot.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
i might be up for housing if my wife will allow it. only problems are, as follows:

1. we have two dogs, and three cats. soo theres an allergy hazard there. (also, my wife treats the animals like children, so its best to leav them alone.)

2. we live in a one bedroom apartment. so all we can spare is a couch.(we have pillows and spare blankets)

3. eitehr help pitch in for some food, or bring your own.(we have a very tight budget) drinks can be provided.(also, plenty of restaurants in my general area, whataburger, bk, dq, mickey d's taco bell, and some sit down restaraunts as well.)

EDIT:

i'm about 25 minutes from the venue. i'm located in tyler.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
just finished talking with the wifey. everything is fine if a couple people need housing for this event. i can only house two. and the previous rules(stated above) must be followed.

Denti

Smash Master
It's a possibility that I might come.

edit: Scratch that. Can't make this time, I have work Friday in the morning. I thought it was like an afternoon tournament.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Why is this in the middle of a friday? Forcing me to take off from work for no reason.

Also your Starter Stages are ****ed up- put PS1 and Castle Siege back in there. and if you dont want to do that, then replace lylat or even yoshis with ps1 b/c it is far more neutral.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
This would be THE closest tournament that I would attend. Sounds great, I'm just going to need a ride.

Labernash

Smash Lord
It's a possibility that I might come.

edit: Scratch that. Can't make this time, I have work Friday in the morning. I thought it was like an afternoon tournament.
Boooooo. :(

Baton Rouge player here, I will almost definitely come if JNig is down.

HYPE!

I'll probably come too if Jnig comes
DOUBLE HYPE!

Why is this in the middle of a friday? Forcing me to take off from work for no reason.

Also your Starter Stages are ****ed up- put PS1 and Castle Siege back in there. and if you dont want to do that, then replace lylat or even yoshis with ps1 b/c it is far more neutral.
We picked Friday because some Tyler people works on Saturdays, haha! Maybe next time we can do Saturday, because we've lost some people.

This would be THE closest tournament that I would attend. Sounds great, I'm just going to need a ride.
TRIPLE HYPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom