• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTP House Tournament

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'm not good at making titles.

Since I know I can fit lots of people in my basement it's time to throw a tournament.

Venue
My house. I don't really want to post it and anyone who'd come already knows where I live anyway. But anyone who wants to come that doesn't know can PM or text me or something.

Schedule
12:00 PM - Start
1:00 PM - Doubles
4:00 PM - Singles
9:00 PM - Side events
12:00+ AM - End

People are welcome to come the Friday before for a pre-tournament smashfest.

Payouts

60/30/10 for everything

Rules

$5 entry for singles/doubles, can be upgraded to $10 if this comes big/legit
$1+ for side events

Probably going to be 5 starters, usual counterpicks (No RC, Brin, PS2). All the basic rule stuff that I'll copy and paste later.

No venue fee but bring TV/Wii anyway otherwise there will be a lot of bored people.

fZk

Smash Lord
I'll be there for sure.

Ally where you staying? I can get you if it's not ridiculously out of the way, probably is though.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
WuvS is taking a break from Brawl so yeah not surprised there. LOE will probably want to come to this though, JT is a toss up.

I mean you shouldn't be mad if a few Brawl player drop from a Melee tourney.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Well... it should be common courtesy to not schedule a local tourney over another local tourney, especially when there are overlapping attendees.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Well... it should be common courtesy to not schedule a local tourney over another local tourney, especially when there are overlapping attendees.
Like who? Zinoto? Cause he's the only person who plays Brawl that has gone to a melee only tournament (In any recent history and outside of AA). I'll give you the bad news now that JTSM would decide to not drive out to a melee tournament when the time comes, and you can have LOE1.

I mean I was just going to do an extended smashfest because the basement is open this weekend but I decided to make it a tournament since Brawl was lacking. Anyone who'd go to my place for brawl would do that over a melee tournament regardless. Unless it's more proper that I do nothing smash related on Saturdays with melee tournaments.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Mmmmmm if rage goes I'll be teaming with him. Idk, I wanna team with someone new; fZk? JCav? Zinoto? There is a wide spectrum of people.

:phone:

JCav

Smash Lord
Much love, Ori and Tech <3

I would really like to go to this, and I'll try to bring as many Macomb people as possible. My dubz allegiance is to JKBUK, but if he has to work then I would love to team with either of you :D

LOE1

Smash Lord
yeah, i would rather go to this than a melee tourney, sadly.
i just like brawl better :)

LOE1

Smash Lord
lets say you play a little mvc3, not very good but knows the bacics. a friend is hosting a mvc3 tourney the same day there is a brawl tourney, a game you have more fun with and do better. which would you chose? like if it was a brawl/melee tourney i would go to his. but i just dont enjoy melee as much. nothin personal tho

Top Bottom