• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Imo her down B should just give her instant action to make up for its animation time. Din's Fire should work like how Project M designed it as a mine or at least have different mechanics to make it more useful like it should be. Other than that her air game needs to be fixed, too sweetspot reliant and she doesn't combo very well.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Transformation should also be an attack and quicker. Make Zelda's smash the light arrow that travels further depending on the charge. Have it be quick and explosive. This gives her more options to make her enemies approach her.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda was completely redesigned both visually to look like the new Skyward Sword Zelda and moveset wise. Shiek can be replaced with impa or w/e that ladies name was and Zelda will be her own character for once.

If they do that I will miss TP Zelda though, new one is too young imo.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, of course, we can't forget that Sakurai does not intend for this game to be competitive aaand Namco Bandai is the team working on this new project, so my expectations aren't too high. Combos might be a bit much to ask for. :-| Also, for the most part, I'm reading a lot of ways in which Zelda could be improved in Brawl as it is now but I expect Smash 4 to be an entirely different game, so just giving Brawl Zelda some buffs here and there probably won't cut it. Anyway, now for things that I would like to see in the new Zelda:

• IMO, her speed is just fine. It's very befitting of a princess who probably hasn't had much by the way of serious physical activity. However, her air falling speed should be increased. As she is now, she's just too floaty and jumping in itself becomes a chore.
  • Her fsmash should have less hits so that it's harder to SDI out of the final hit. Make it something similar to Lucas's dsmash, high in power and knockback but only 3 hits or so to dole it out.
  • Brawl Minus Zelda has an interesting gimmick about her: the distant disjoint on most of her magically enhanced physical attacks. Such a concept is perfectly fitting for the theme of our magical princess and would look really cool in the new Smash.
  • Usmash should be changed in the same that I suggested for fsmash, same power but less hits. Maybe it could have the same animation, but there would only be an electrical hitbox at the end of each wave.
  • All three of her lightning kicks (fair, bair, dair) are fine, imho, but they should be easier to sweetspot, like in Melee. The same thing goes for her uair.
  • Her grab needs to be faster. Give her the standard 6 frame grab.
  • Zelda should be able to control the distance that she covers w/ her upB. Perhaps, after a direction on the control stick has been pressed to initiate the movement, she moves in that direction for as long as that direction is held. The moment the control stick is released, Zelda would stop moving and would come out of the teleport.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Increase the tripping ability on dat downtilt, faster utilt plz, and like bubba said less floaty and better lightning kicks please. Also a romantic subplot in adventure mode with Marth :D.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Give her the Skyward Sword look, and give her the Sailcloth to use as descent tool after she uses her Up B. She did make the Sailcloth herself after all.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
IMO, Skyward Sworld (SS) Zelda is not only too young but the art for her almost makes her look like she could be put in a slot for Toon Zelda. In any case, the sailcloth was one of Link's most used items. It would look kinda weird to see her utilize a tool she never used in the LoZ games.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
3 of Zelda's 4 special moves are attacks only Link used, in OoT. It wouldn't be the first time Zelda got a move that was originally used by only Link if she gets the Sailcloth.

:phone:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
what if scenario: Sheik is Dropped Zelda is turned into a standalone character. new moveset ideas, go!

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
These are the improvements I want Zelda to have:
1. Much better projectile. Her brawl projectile is almost useless and it doesnt make anyone want to approach.
2. A Dmash equal in power and speed to MK's brawl dsmash.
3. A new broken forward smash. She needs at least one broken move. It should have a lot of range and knockback with the same amount of lag as GW's dsmash.
4. A different Fair similar to Ness' in brawl.
5. Better grab game. She needs a less laggy grab with at least one grab combo.
6. A normal recovery.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
2. A Dmash equal in power and speed to MK's brawl dsmash.
3. A new broken forward smash. She needs at least one broken move. It should have a lot of range and knockback with the same amount of lag as GW's dsmash.
I think a dsmash equal in power and speed to MK's dsmash would be broken enough to qualify as that "one broken move," lolz!

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Dsmash isnt broken, she is so tall that it would punishible with an air attack if you can predict it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
what if scenario: Sheik is Dropped Zelda is turned into a standalone character. new moveset ideas, go!
I'm all for Zelda for being a standalone character. The problem I always felt with Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zamus is that they were meant to complement each other, but switching was always so inefficient that it was easier to stay as one character or the game was heavily in favor of one or the other.

But I like Sheik, even if she's no longer present in the storyline outside of OoT. :( If anything, they should keep a Sheikah representative, especially since Sheikahs are present in Skyward Sword.
Impa's our next choice. I say Sheik should be an unlockable alt. though to keep everyone happy.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Dsmash isnt broken, she is so tall that it would punishible with an air attack if you can predict it.
I said a "dsmash equal in power and speed to MK's dsmash" would be broken. Smashes aren't supposed to be both that strong and that fast.

Impa's our next choice. I say Sheik should be an unlockable alt. though to keep everyone happy.
Dat DLC! :troll:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Zelda's.

Weak Attacks

1: Short Flash

Strong Attacks

Upward: Protective Sweep
Forward: Mystic Swipe
Downward: Trip

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Power Sweep
Forward: Shining Palm
Downward: Compass Spin

Dash Attack: Magical Push

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Magic Spin
Front: Lightning Kick
Back: Reverse Lightning Kick
Up: Condensed Blast
Down: Meteor Heel

Special Attacks

Standard B: Nayru's Love
Foward B: Din's Fire
Upward B: Farore's Wind
Downward B: Transform

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Hex
Front: Levitation
Back: Reverse Levitation
Up: Levitation Launch
Down: Plasma Beat

Who else is up?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I really said this somewhere in other posts:

Everyone think that zelda will use her Skyward Sword design, but people forgoten sometimes that there is a new Zelda for Wii U in development, plus another Zelda game in development for the 3DS

My question: They will use Skyward Sword's design for Zelda or from the upcoming new games?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Everyone think that zelda will use her Skyward Sword design, but people forgoten sometimes that there is a new Zelda for Wii U in development, plus another Zelda game in development for the 3DS

My question: They will use Skyward Sword's design for Zelda or from the upcoming new games?
Depends if the Wii U Zelda is unveiled before SSB4 is revealed/mostly finished.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Hey, if the rumor about all veterans gettin new moves is true, what moves you people think that Zelda will get?

jigglover

Smash Lord

Well, we just need to hold our breaths for now since... Taking what I know about LoZ's new game not being at E3, and the fact that all of the games there were in production/nearly finished, (there wasn't as much an uproar in England about LoZ not being there than SSB4 (:p)) it means that:
1: LoZ hasn't started/ is in early stages of development.
2: So is SSB4.
If Nintendo are planning a similair release date for these two games, I think that Zelda's+Link's (or young/toon/other Link's depending on the stroy-line :p) models are more likely, since if I am miraculously right, and LoZ being in the top three (behid just Mario and Pokemon,) the characters will have a new design.

Koric

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of how Zelda character will be designed on the upcoming smash 4, I hope the moveset is not based on the Ocarina of Time incarnation...again.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Regardless of how Zelda character will be designed on the upcoming smash 4, I hope the moveset is not based on the Ocarina of Time incarnation...again.
To be perfectly fair, no Zelda moveset has ever really been based on OoT because no Zelda in any game has ever been a fighting or acting character with major screentime. The existence of Sheik is only somewhat of an exception. Brawl Zelda (and Sheik) had the light arrow which was actually a nod to Twilight Princess. Din's, Naryu's, and Farore's are all simply concepts that apply to LoZ in general. Tbh, there isn't much material to draw from for Zelda...

D

Deleted member

What are ya talking about? There's Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure to work with. :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Are people still gonna remember all the CD-I/YouTube Poop crap by the time SSB4 is released?
Highly probable. People are remixing them in YTPs all the time. Those mistakes will never be forgotten. :awesome:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I had a thought.

Maybe they could combine the looks of both TP Zelda and SS Zelda into one. Sword or not.

What do you think?

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
If Sheik is seperated/ or taken off the SSB4 then I think Zelda should have Light Arrows as her Neutral...

Her Final Smash could be the Ocarina of Time... So the Ocarina Of Time would work like a Timer the world slows down and Zelda could beatdown her foes with no worries... Except for one thing. It's practically like a Timer. So while she could give her opponents a funny beatdown in Slow-mo. Instead she might be the only one affected or everyone is affected.

Ohh.. And cut down the ending lag in Farore's Wind to none. Din's Fire is transcendent but smaller...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've only just noticed this thread! I'd like Nayru's changed so that it can be charged, similar to Lucario's and other charged projectiles. The longer the charge, the longer it surrounds Zelda. It would just be a standard reflect.

I wouldn't want her having a normal jab/grab, or a move faster than her Dsmash. I like the idea of her being slow and having to space a bit. I think Jab should remain the same but lead into things better on hit. I haven't thought about her grab but maybe make it slightly more ranged...

I think the kicks should stay but should be advantaged on block when sweetspotted. I guess this way she'd have a semi-approach. There should be 1 or 2 setups into a kick imo.

I think her smashes are fine you know... they should just tweak Fsmash so that if it can easily be SDI'd, Zelda can tech chase them better. Opponents deserve to get damaged when they get hit by a frame 16 move (what was Sakurai thinking?). Also I think she should be able to angle it up and down.

Ftilt should be a new move as it's too similar to Fsmash (and inferior in every way). If the devs keep it, it should poke through shields a lot better imo, so it at least has some good use.

Din's fire would be a lot better if only it didn't clash with moves. I think it should return but should have transcedent priority or something... This way she can throw it out safely if the opponent is in the air without getting countered by a hit.

Anyway that's all I got. As for looks: SS Zelda is cool but she's so small there... I prefer her taller!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I wouldn't want her having a normal jab/grab, or a move faster than her Dsmash. I like the idea of her being slow and having to space a bit. I think Jab should remain the same but lead into things better on hit. I haven't thought about her grab but maybe make it slightly more ranged
In my opinion, Zelda's Standard/Weak Attack should be a 1-2-Multi-Hit combo. and that's just one of the many things I want for Zelda.

Better Victory Poses and Taunts. I find Zelda to be a completely boring character . Her taunts are lame and boring, and one of them really looks stupid(Is she waving hello?).

Also, I have never played nor watched The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword for the Nintendo Wii, so I have to ask.

Can she fight?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I'd like Nayru's changed so that it can be charged, similar to Lucario's and other charged projectiles. The longer the charge, the longer it surrounds Zelda. It would just be a standard reflect.
But wouldn't a longer reflection move also make it easier to react to and punish if it whiffs? :ohwell:

I wouldn't want her having a normal jab/grab, or a move faster than her Dsmash.
Well yeah, I wouldn't want a move faster than her dsmash either. It's tied with MK's dsmash for fastest smash in the game (comes out in 4 frames). It's even faster than most tilts and jabs. :p

I think the kicks should stay but should be advantaged on block when sweetspotted. I guess this way she'd have a semi-approach.
Ehhh, I think the kicks should just have a very slight disadvantage on block, one that's small enough to make her pretty much nonpunishable. An advantage is a little OP and might allow shenanigans like multiple kicks on shields that are ALL safe. Don't forget how fast those kicks come out. If they had low enough cooldown or enough shieldstun to actually be safe, hell would be raised. :scared:

Ftilt should be a new move as it's too similar to Fsmash (and inferior in every way). If the devs keep it, it should poke through shields a lot better imo, so it at least has some good use.
If Smash 4 has combos, then P:M/Melee Zelda's ftilt would be great. It sends the opponent above and slightly behind Zelda for combos. The move has a decent amount of disjoint, comes out fairly quickly, and can combo into lightning kicks at the right %'s.

Her taunts are lame and boring, and one of them really looks stupid(Is she waving hello?).
I think she's waving goodbye to the opponent she just KO'd. :p

Also, I have never played nor watched The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword for the Nintendo Wii, so I have to ask.

Can she fight?
To be fair, almost all of the Zeldas don't fight, including OoT Zelda. Heck, even TP Zelda never really fought. She just held a sword during one cutscene, shot a couple light arrows during a boss battle, and was controlled to fight you as one of the bosses herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom