• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The Fire Emblem Characters discussion thread...here every Fire Emblem fan can go crazy with their predictions, talk about anyone you want....Chrom,Black Knight,Sheeda....give your Fire Emblem Roster and you better give a damn good reason for your choice.....
Rules:
  1. Topics that are non-Fire Emblem related are forbidden.
  2. You can talk about anything Fire Emblem related if it had to do with SSB4.
  3. No Flaming allowed (it's obvious)
  4. You are allowed to put Spoiler of every Fire Emblem game before Awakening.
  5. This is more of a notice, but if you are planning to play any Fire Emblem game before awakening don't read this thread.
  6. Fire Emblem: Awakening Spoilers need to be put in spoiler tags.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Micaiah because I think she can heal. Which would make for an interesting playstyle. Caeda because a lance weilder would play interesting in my books.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Micaiah because I think she can heal. Which would make for an interesting playstyle. Caeda because a lance weilder would play interesting in my books.

For me:

Krom, heavy styled character (Special costume : Black Knight)

Ike , Medium not so fast and not so strong and change his special to the canceled projectile (Special costume Roy)

Marth , Fast and weak but can land heavy attacks ( Special costume :
Lucina (Krom's daughter)
)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Most likely: Marth and Krom

If time permits and Sakurai thinks the roster is too small: add Ike :awesome:

If there is still time and Sakurai still thinks the roster is too small: add Roy... as a last minute semi-clone. :troll:

That's it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Arcade has it. Still want me some Micaiah.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still personally think it'll be Marth, Ike, and Krom, but it's more of a gut feeling than anything.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I still personally think it'll be Marth, Ike, and Krom, but it's more of a gut feeling than anything.
The thing is similarities between Black Knight and Krom are immense....Krom is like a mix of Ike and
Zelgius (true Identity of Black Knight)
....and both Krom and Black Knight can use spears alongside swords....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The thing is, though, that I do not find the Black Knight too likely anymore. I think his time passed.

By the way, does anyone know if he is DLC for Awakening? Just curious.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The thing is, though, that I do not find the Black Knight too likely anymore. I think his time passed.

By the way, does anyone know if he is DLC for Awakening? Just curious.
I never said Black Knight is likely...but adding special costumes for existing character say Ike for example will get Roy costume with different voice sets and different projectile, Marth for example can get a costume of Masked Marth....and Krom can get a Black Knight costume...

nope he isn't a DLC character and even Ike didn't get his DLC yet but people are speculating alot of thing about Ike being in-game files already under the name Paris.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, I see. I misunderstood. My bad.

But anyway, yeah, I just have a gut feeling on those three.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
How long will it be until a good time for Fire Emblem villains. I think you guys know which one I support.
Medeus, villain of FE1, FE3, FE11, and FE12.
But until then, it's all up to the heroes. Krom is a simple default choice, but I don't know one spellcaster from another in this franchise. Which season is Micaiah from, and is she the most prominent or important spellcaster from her installment?

Oh, and I don't condone any further Rekka No Ken or Seima no Kouseki representation.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Medeus is an elderly man in a robe. Does he even fight in his normal form or does he only fight in his dragon form?

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Medeus is an elderly man in a robe. Does he even fight in his normal form or does he only fight in his dragon form?
They should easily be able to work out a moveset for his normal form. His style would be a lot like Melee's Ganondorf. Zelda's first time fighting was in Melee, so the same could apply to Medeus' human form. Even if he were to only fight in his dragon form, a moveset could probably be worked out there too, but the dragon form would more likely be his Final Smash. Note that this is only to happen down the line when we need a FE villain.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It'll be Marth and Krom. I think it's also likely that they keep Ike. There won't be any other characters from Fire Emblem.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fire Emblem 3DS sales are going really well in Japan. I can easily see Fire Emblem having 3 reps in SSBU and even push for 4 reps with getting Roy back as well.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Sigurd from Fire Emblem 4 was originally supposed to be in melee, but to advertise Fire Emblem 6 coming out, they put in Roy instead. So I think Marth and Krom will be the only ones to make it.

SombreroJon

Smash Cadet
I really really wish Lyn or Hector would be put into the next smash. Also think they should look to get a lance/axe or magic wielder instead of adding a 3rd swordsman. Lyn could have a pretty badass moveset when considering what her crits look like you can imagine the stuff they can give her. And her bow could be a faster projectile than link's and actually be viable. Hector would be awesome and could be the "Ike" of this game while Ike should be a lot faster and more balanced than the slow self he was made into in brawl (assuming he stays in).

If we had to chose a magic wielder I could see Micaiah I guess but she has only been in one game and her time has passed. Krom seems like she is a lot more likely than she is considering that he is in the same situation Roy was coming into Melee. Is there even another realistic option for a magic user other than Micaiah?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well this thread certainly is bleak. I'm really surprised no one has mentioned that Sakurai planned for 3 FE characters in Brawl.

Still betting on Marth, Ike, and Roy/Krom. The latter two have plenty against them (especially Krom) and each other to worry about.

Also seeing as we already have threads for the veterans, this probably should have been a thread devoted to Krom...especially since he seems to be the center of attention here.

SombreroJon

Smash Cadet
I know nothing about Krom but if he is an awesome character I hope he gets in. I think FE gets 3-4 characters, Marth is for sure, Ike and Krom seem likely, I would just hope for them to have someone who is not only a sword wielder.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of no sword wielder, I still can't believe no one wants Cellica for Smash.

She can use a sword, magic, as well as heal spells that damage (FE2 is the only game in the series where healers can attack, except maybe FE10).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
They really ought to bring back Roy. I mean, he's had a new design since his appearance in Melee, and they can just alter his moves to make him more unique. His Standard B is already unique to Marth's ever since they made Marth's Standard B into a stab attack, so that's a start. Also, considering Roy's fire properties in Melee, I'd say it can open up some creative possibilities for new and unique attacks.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
They really ought to bring back Roy. I mean, he's had a new design since his appearance in Melee, and they can just alter his moves to make him more unique. His Standard B is already unique to Marth's ever since they made Marth's Standard B into a stab attack, so that's a start. Also, considering Roy's fire properties in Melee, I'd say it can open up some creative possibilities for new and unique attacks.
So can other characters....but Roy is if he is coming back isn't going to use his DLC new design...that design was made to make the character fit the Class they choose for them...anyways I rather Roy's old design over that crappy new design...

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Marth, Ike, and Roy as SSB4's Fire Emblem combatants. Krom may be new, but he hasn't got the veteran and "our boy" status that Roy has.

Smady

Smash Master
Looking up Krom (or "Chrom" as the wikia likes to call him) it seems he doesn't have too many unique abilities, but does have a fairly original fighting style. It's hard to get an idea of who the character is - where it says about him 'breaking things' in training, I assume that means he's the stereotypical clumsy protagonist you usually see in anime. Not a big fan of that, but that is at least different from Marth or Ike. Plus his game is apparently popular in Japan, and no doubt will see sequels, so I'd say he has as good a shot as any in getting a slot in SSBU.

Seriously though, anyone got a clue who this character is, from say, an import? I'd really love to know.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Looking up Krom (or "Chrom" as the wikia likes to call him) it seems he doesn't have too many unique abilities, but does have a fairly original fighting style. It's hard to get an idea of who the character is - where it says about him 'breaking things' in training, I assume that means he's the stereotypical clumsy protagonist you usually see in anime. Not a big fan of that, but that is at least different from Marth or Ike. Plus his game is apparently popular in Japan, and no doubt will see sequels, so I'd say he has as good a shot as any in getting a slot in SSBU.

Seriously though, anyone got a clue who this character is, from say, an import? I'd really love to know.
Krom is the original holder of Aether now...although Ike is the first Aether user in the series...and Krom doesn't have the sword throwing animation Ike has...

Smady

Smash Master
It's hard to make heads or tails of the support conversations. I guess we'll have to wait for the English game to get a real sense of who Krom is, though it does seem a bit frightening that he may invalidate Ike. I could see Ike getting the shaft potentially, if that is the case, much like Roy.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
It's hard to make heads or tails of the support conversations. I guess we'll have to wait for the English game to get a real sense of who Krom is, though it does seem a bit frightening that he may invalidate Ike. I could see Ike getting the shaft potentially, if that is the case, much like Roy.
Your fears are valid but the developers seem to have something big planned for Ike...at the end credit of FE13 it seems there was a list of characters silhouettes and they were discovered to be Spot pass characters and the last one in that list was character called "Paris" and Paris was Ike's prototype name....it's only speculation but the fact the the silhouette had the outline of a the Hero class sprite with a cape and the only Heroes with capes were Greil (Ike's father) and Ike

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Krom is the original holder of Aether now...although Ike is the first Aether user in the series...and Krom doesn't have the sword throwing animation Ike has...
Wait how can Krom be the original holder when it was Ike who used it first? Interesting tidbit about Krom though, I'll have to look it up sometime.

Ike getting booted is overrated, not that it couldn't happen. Sakurai originally planned for 3 FE characters in Brawl, there's plenty of room for Krom (or Roy), besides is there any real reason to get rid of Ike besides that silly relavent argument?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Wait how can Krom be the original holder when it was Ike who used it first? Interesting tidbit about Krom though, I'll have to look it up sometime.

Ike getting booted is overrated, not that it couldn't happen. Sakurai originally planned for 3 FE characters in Brawl, there's plenty of room for Krom (or Roy), besides is there any real reason to get rid of Ike besides that silly relavent argument?
I mean Krom is the original holder of Aether in his game because you know it's inheritable...

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Well, there's a very interesting situation that we're seeing with Fire Emblem. Inconsistent lead characters means there's a dilemma: Do you pick the Lords since they are still the most important, even though they tend to be similar characters? Well rounded swordsmen to balance out weapon triangles and unit types? Or do you go the route of: pick a unique character style that would be beneficial to smash as a whole?

Let's look at the facts, shall we?
Female and Villain slots aren't a necessarily good/bad, but just promote difference.
Smashers Lord Villain* Recurring Female* Different Playstyle Global
Marth Yes No Yes No N/A Yes
Ike Yes No Yes No N/A Yes
Roy Yes No No No No No
Crom Yes No No No No Yes*
Caeda No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Black Knight No Yes Yes No Yes Yes
Lyn Yes No No Yes Yes Yes
Hector Yes No No No Yes Yes
Micaiah Yes No No Yes Yes Yes
Sigurd Yes No No No No No

I've always thought Roy was a really bad choice. People just want him back because he was there once before...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well, there's a very interesting situation that we're seeing with Fire Emblem. Inconsistent lead characters means there's a dilemma: Do you pick the Lords since they are still the most important, even though they tend to be similar characters? Well rounded swordsmen to balance out weapon triangles and unit types? Or do you go the route of: pick a unique character style that would be beneficial to smash as a whole?

Let's look at the facts, shall we?
Female and Villain slots aren't a necessarily good/bad, but just promote difference.
Smashers Lord Villain* Recurring Female* Different Playstyle Global
Marth Yes No Yes No N/A Yes
Ike Yes No Yes No N/A Yes
Roy Yes No No No No No
Crom Yes No No No No Yes*
Caeda No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Black Knight No Yes Yes No Yes Yes
Lyn Yes No No Yes Yes Yes
Hector Yes No No No Yes Yes
Micaiah Yes No No Yes Yes Yes
Sigurd Yes No No No No No

I've always thought Roy was a really bad choice. People just want him back because he was there once before...
I wish Black Knight becomes the Newcomer as a Krom costume because both of them have the same weapon combination Sword/Spear

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Why has no one mentioned celica? I hear she's a protagonist in gaiden? And getting DLC in awakening.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
if we are getting an antagonist, I think he should be the Black Knight, even more if Ike is in.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Anna, who has appeared in every Fire Emblem except Gaiden, and she's playable in Awakening, as a Trickster who uses swords and staffs. she also appeared as a Pegasus Knight in the tutorials of Path of Radiance... so her Final Smash could be her riding the Pegasus... she can also reclass to Archer or Mage, so some of her specials could involve her using Magic or using a Bow, making her a versatile character to represent FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom