• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yabo-Yabo?Siké-Siké~E.Gadd joins the fray!Added the Special's names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
[SIZE="-2"]^lulz it rhymes^[/SIZE]

OLD *** MAD SCIENTIST BABEH!

Professor Elvin Gadd

Informations:

E.Gadd,yep.
Frankly,I know he isn't that likely,but still:
Appearances

-E.Gadd has made his main appearance in Luigi's Mansion (don't tell me you don't know that game,or dislike it),wich will have a whole new sequel in the first part of 2013,on Nintendo 3DS,where a new smash is planned too.

-Luigi's Mansion also appeared as a stage and a trophie,and another trophie about its ghosts in Brawl,and Luigi with the Poltergus 3000 in Melee.In Brawl, one of the names that can appear whenever a player presses the random button when he or she is naming his or her custom stage is "EGADD".

-E.Gadd's appearances does not only stop here,he was in Mario Party 6 and had two minigames,and a stage,it was his main role,but that's not his only role,his inventions are here since Mario Party 4 to 7 .

-He also was an easter egg in The Wind Waker,one of Tetra's partner,Mako,looks a lot like him.

-There's a rumor that Gadd's appearance is a caricature of a certain older Nintendo executive.オヤ・マー博士 (Oya Mā Hakase) Oya Mā means "Oh my!", and hakase means "professor" or "doctor"; also a tribute to Nintendo designer Yoshiyuki Oyama.

-In Mario Sunshine,at the Delfino Airstrip Mario finds FLUDD, which says: "Thank you for purchasing this item from Gadd Science, Inc."In the game,Bowser Junior appears and says: "this is my magic brush. When I draw with it, all my wishes come true. A strange old man in a white coat gave it to me." This description fits the professor quite well. There is further confirmation in that a logo of Gadd Science, Inc. is apparent on FLUDD, the boxes which contain nozzles for FLUDD, and the Gaddbrush. So not only were Gadd's gadgets used to cause the problems on Isle Delfino , they were also used to solve them.

-Professor E. Gadd makes another appearance in the game Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga. In this game E. Gadd cameos as the proprietor of the Starbeans Coffee Company. In Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Gadd invents a time machine that Peach uses (and breaks, dumb broad) causing 'time holes' to connect the present Mushroom Kingdom with the past version of itself. Through a time hole, Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi meet young Gadd, their meddling results in his lab being destroyed, so he decides to go buy a new lab out in Boo Woods, apparently setting the stage for Luigi's Mansion.

-In Mario Kart DS,The mansion is a stage,and Luigi's kart is a kart version of the Poltergust 3000.

-E. Gadd makes a small cameo in Mario Kart Arcade GP in the background of the Diamond City course in the Wario Cup. His face, the logo of Gadd Science, appears on a building.

Now,let's talk about:
Moveset possibilities

I'm kind of rusty
Help is apreciated!

-Poltergust 3000 - A modified vacuum cleaner which sucks stuff up including specters. It can also blow out ice, water, and fire. It also makes a return in Mario Power Tennis where Luigi uses it as his defensive Power move.

-Portrificationizer - Turns captured specters into paintings as well as transforming Mario back from his painted form.

-Game Boy Horror - A portable device which bears a resemblence to the Game Boy Color. This gadget is used by E. Gadd to monitor and contact Luigi. It has the ability to store data including a map and anything Luigi has collected. It also contains the Boo Radar to find hidden spherical objects.

-Gaddlight - Scares away Boos.

-FLUDD - Short for Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device. It cleans off graffiti, goo, and gunk from any surface. FLUDD can also be used to hover, blast off into the air, and dash across land as well as water. FLUDD has has an artificial intelligence and can communicate with a voice.

-Gaddbrush - Paints graffiti on walls. Can also be used to conjure up evil goopy creatures. Bowser Junior also utilizes the Gaddbrush to perform special moves in Mario Power Tennis.

-Gameboy Horror SP - With this item equipped, enemies drop rare items more often.

-BeanBean Machine - The BeanBean Machine transforms beans that Mario and Luigi have collected into energy drinks. These energy drinks differ by what types of beans Mario and Luigi uses.

-Poltergust 4000 - This kart's speed,acceleration and handling are exelent,his weight is normal,but his drift and item diversity is bad.

-The Super Poltergust 3001 - an upgraded version of the Poltergust 3000 found in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. It was created by Professor Elvin Gadd. He would fly in on this machine after brewing a series of drinks at Starbeans Café. It appears to have a vacuum to suck up ghosts, just as the original Poltergust did; however, this one is shaped so one can be able to ride on it, and travel at high speeds.

That's what he would use.

[COLLAPSE="What the weapons are like"]

Poltergust 3000

Portrificationizer

GameBoy Horror

Gaddlight

FLUDD

Gaddbrush

Gameboy Horror SP

Poltergust 4000

Super Poltergust 3001
[/COLLAPSE]

Moveset:

Neutral Special:Poltergust 3000(5000?)

Will describe later.

Side Special:BeanBean Machine

Will describe later.

Up Special:Super Poltergust 3001

Will describe later.

Down Special:FLUDD

Will describe later.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Even if he isn't that likely, his inventions deserve representation themselves. Several Mario games wouldn't even have taken place if it weren't for his inventions being a major plot-point. Sakurai could always add him anyway, being unpredictable as he is. Plenty of moveset potential too.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Thank you.
I apreciate seeing other members liking the idea.For a long time i was supporting others idea,but then i came with this.Glad to hear he would be good.:)

But he has the same problem as Waluigi,Toad and Bowser Jr. are up ahead.

So his good points are:
new game next year on the same device as one of the new SSB.
Trivias and cameos in lots of games.
Pretty famous.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm imagining some moves right now,don't wich one it would,gonna say it like a tl;dr,cause i didn't think of it enough:
A move involves Gadd taking a BeanBean machine,it's tinnier,of course.If Gadd is played (cpu or human),beans will appears,items turned on or off,only Gadd can use them,and he can only make energy drinks using his special,depending on the bean he uses,the drinks are different,there is a lag at the end,so if you are unlucky,someone can take your coffee.I'll think about the drinks effect.

This one,i think,i though about it better:
With the Poltergust 3000,Gadd can do like kirby,but instead of eating some one when he is near enough,Gadd can start to swallow them by far,but it starts slowly,then the nearer they are,the faster you'll atract them,and when you finally swallowed them,only their legs are out (think wario's),at that moment,you can rotate at 180º,spitting does 2%,it's good to throw out of the ring,or do an areal,and swallowing does not stop your combo.If some one throw either fire,water,or ice,you can swallow it,but the ice last like the ice climbers,the fire last shorter than bowser's (like ice),and the water is the same but a bit longer and can make you trip (only Gadd and Diddy can do that,don't panic),if you push the button twice,you spit a ball of element,same as above but with better distance,but hit once only.

And of course,if Mario gets his tornado,Gadd gets FLUDD.

EDIT:I am not updating the original post but i definitly plan to,my brother is having the computer.
He blammed me cuz he didn't have it of the day,yesterday,but today,i don't have it at all,he had it all day,i didn't have it all day yesterday.
What a ****tard.

Lucidthought

Banned via Warnings
he actually has the potential for a very unique moveset if one is to think about it...though i can't think of what he would do for some attacks. especially aerials

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I don't mind the guy as a character, and he'd have a fun moveset to boot. It would just be...Really awkward, considering how undeserving he is. In the least, Luigi should get the vacuum as part of his set. Makes a lot more sense and would be a lot more viable than that stupid FLUDD.

:phone:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Yeah i know,Smash 5 would give him more chances.

At worse,considering Luigi's mansion:Dark Moon uses another vaccum,they could both get it,but decloning the two moves will be hard.

BTW update.

I'm still kind of sad it erased "itself",i have no idea how.
But i'll rewrite later.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, this is my first post on Smashboards, although I've been visiting for years, I just got around to registering, and I did it entirely because I had an epiphany.

3ds_luigismansiondm_char10_ad.jpg

In addition to obvious characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, Isaac and additional Pokemon/Fire Emblem reps that everyone wants (plus some personal characters I want like Saki, Paper Mario and Palutena), I've realized that E. Gadd is a perfectly viable candidate for Smash 4. I apologize if this thread already exists, but I wanted to start a discussion.

1. Relevance.
E. Gadd is arguably a more relevant character to the Mario universe than even Bowser Jr. His role in both Luigi's Mansion games and Super Mario Sunshine was pivotal and crucial to the entire game's plot and gameplay. He also has played crucial supporting roles in Mario and Luigi: SSS and PiT. At this point, he is a recurring character who seems to be here to stay as Mario's very own eccentric scientist archetype. He's even more relevant with Dark Moon finally out.

2. Convenience.
Many people question Mario using F.L.U.D.D. for his Down B in Brawl, preferring his classic moveset. Yet others demanded the water gun be used in some way. Similarly, I've seen plenty of requests for a "Vacuum Luigi" character who uses Poltergust while having classic Luigi in some other form. And more still, we've seen Bowser Jr. getting votes for a spot using the Magic Brush (I myself supported this originally).

However, why not just give all three devices to E. Gadd, the guy who invented them? F.L.U.D.D. nozzles for Up B recovery and B attack, Poltergust for throws (suck in foes) and aerials (bash them with the vacuum), and Magic Brush for Side B (hurls paint glob) and Smash Attacks. This has a number of advantages:
1. Mario and Luigi keep their classic movesets or have room to have other edits done (like a Tanuki suit for example). Bowser Jr. is made unnecessary.
2. E. Gadd is given a perfectly viable and incredibly unique moveset. He could even switch between the three devices with each have their own characteristics when used (like Olimar's Pikmin).

3. Compatibility.
It may just be me, but E. Gadd's unique character model, voice and personality in battle would make him a pretty entertaining edition to Smash. He actually looks like he could fit into the game, unlike some characters (like Geno...sorry everyone, flame me if you want but I can't even try to imagine him in a Smash game).

Any thoughts at E. Gadd? Additional supporters? I don't usually support "unrealistic" characters, which is what I thought E. Gadd would be at first. But after giving it some thought, he seems like he could really work.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I will say one thing, you really do have some interesting ideas for E. Gadd. The idea that of giving him the F.l.u.d.d, Paintbrush, and Poltergust can make for a really cool character. Though I'm not too sure that he's overall more important than Bowser Jr. Despite that E. Gadd does indeed have relevance within the Mario series. So you have me as a supporter. Though I will say that switching between the three devices would be akin to the Pokemon Trainer, though I prefer if he had one special per device.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I will say one thing, you really do have some interesting ideas for E. Gadd. The idea that of giving him the F.l.u.d.d, Paintbrush, and Poltergust can make for a really cool character. Though I'm not too sure that he's overall more important than Bowser Jr. Despite that E. Gadd does indeed have relevance within the Mario series. So you have me as a supporter. Though I will say that switching between the three devices would be akin to the Pokemon Trainer, though I prefer if he had one special per device.
Yeah I don't know which idea I like better, a different device per special for simplicity's sake or being able to switch between them at will for variety. Btw any idea how I can fix the typo in the title? I want him for SSB4 not SSB41 lol.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah I don't know which idea I like better, a different device per special for simplicity's sake or being able to switch between them at will for variety. Btw any idea how I can fix the typo in the title? I want him for SSB4 not SSB41 lol.
Press "Edit", then "More options."

Also, you have good ideas for him. I suggest that you put an image of him in your opening post.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
E. Gadd, huh? Definitely a fun addition to Smash. :)

The idea of him using the Poltergust, FLUDD and the Magic Paintbrush is a great idea.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Press "Edit", then "More options."

Also, you have good ideas for him. I suggest that you put an image of him in your opening post.
Done and done. Thanks a lot. Like I said, I've read on here since pre-brawl but have never actually registered and messed with this stuff for some reason. In all honesty, I think that E. Gadd has potential just on the merits of all of the interesting tech he's made in the games; F.L.U.D.D. gives him recovery and a projectile, Poltergust gives him a unique vacuum throw and would make for an interesting aerial weapon (bashes, or even lunging the hose out Ivysaur-style as a ranged aerial attack) and the brush is an obvious melee weapon, and would be able to damage rack and reduce traction like Diddy's bananas. There's a lot of potential for variety here, and it will definitely keep diehard Mario/Luigi fans happy since they can stay true to their classic movesets.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think both threads should be merged. I expect this thread to be a lot more active than that one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree. A merger would be the best idea since this OP has interesting ideas.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That, and the previous thread died out in like September, soooooo merging the two could be help a dead thread find new life.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That, and the previous thread died out in like September, soooooo merging the two could be help a dead thread find new life.
When I revived the Anna thread it immediately sprang all the way from the first page to the ninth in just a couple of day's, despite that it was dead since December. Maybe I got magic hands.:bee: Or it sprang into activity because Fire Emblem Awakening was released worldwide by then so there was more to talk about, just like Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon, not to mention the silly arguements that took place...

So yeah, go ahead and merge I'd say. :)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've never thought about E. Gadd using all three of his inventions if he was in a Smash game. This is a really awesome idea and it definitely made me a supporter now.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Awesome! I'm glad everyone is taking this seriously. Any specific ideas for certain moves or taunts? I kinda have some vague ideas of possibilities but nothing concrete.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I had suggested this Final Smash for Luigi, but it fits E. Gadd just as well.

Basically, his Poltergust malfunctions and he lets loose all of the Luigi's Mansion ghosts which attack other players.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Yeah,that's my thread,I almost forgot about it and knew I should work the moveset,I'm happy to see someone else not only wants him but made a thread,I should bring it back maybe.

Though,I don't have any computer anymore so editing is harder.(I'm on a Wii U)
Maybe we should team up.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I like the Idea of E. Gladd. Geno is a FAR stretch by now...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I was playing Dark Moon earlier and I had the idea E. Gadd could use the flashlight that you normally use to stun ghost as a neutral B move or a forward smash move. It can be used to stun opponents and it'll have 2 second wait every time you use this move, that way you can't constantly spam the flashlight so your opponent stays in place forever.:awesome:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yeah,that's my thread,I almost forgot about it and knew I should work the moveset,I'm happy to see someone else not only wants him but made a thread,I should bring it back maybe.

Though,I don't have any computer anymore so editing is harder.(I'm on a Wii U)
Maybe we should team up.
Yeah if you want to work together to keep this thread going so it doesn't end up dead and we can help make as many people see it as possible, perhaps we can get E. Gadd to be seriously recognized as the 5th Mario rep.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also agree in a merge. The OP has some interesting ideas, which is especially promising for a new poster.

While I personally don't find E. Gadd incredibly likely, I do think that he'd be a fun and quirky character to add, and I'd definitely like seeing him.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I also agree in a merge. The OP has some interesting ideas, which is especially promising for a new poster.

While I personally don't find E. Gadd incredibly likely, I do think that he'd be a fun and quirky character to add, and I'd definitely like seeing him.
Thanks. I've been playing a lot of Brawl with friends recently and its been forcing me to think of some ideas about what I want for the next game. SSB is one of my favorite franchises of all time, so I like putting a lot of thought into character ideas, and I try to be realistic about it. (For example, I think about balance of the character, uniqueness of the character, and likelihood that they might be included). It probably doesn't hurt that unlike a lot of new members, I'm 21 and about to graduate from college, so its kind of like a "been there, done that" kind of deal for me when it comes to forums.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe E.Gadd's dash attack can have run enemies over with the Turbo Nozzle from Mario Sunshine? Or he could use the Hover Nozzle to stay in the air for a few seconds kinda like how Peach floats by holding down the jump button. That way, E.Gadd could use the Rocket Nozzle as his Up + B recovery, and anyone who touches him in the when he's flying up will get sent flying back.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I'd have agreed with E. Gadd's inclusion back in the days of Brawl because he was a significant contributing factor to both Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion, and showed up in many Mario spin-offs between around 2001 and 2006 - or somewhere thereabouts. At the time, he was pretty much a staple character - but since Mario Galaxy and NSMB they've gone in a different direction for the series, with E. Gadd only appearing rarely. E. Gadd has been almost absent in the Mario series (and spin-offs) between the releases of Mario & Luigi: Partners In Crime (2005) and the recent release of Dark Moon, so I guess it's pretty telling that Nintendo just don't quite love E. Gadd like they used to.

That being said, he's still been a fairly prominent character in the Mario series and quite frankly I'd like to see things like the FLUDD and Poltergust kept away from Mario and Luigi. I'm not sure what about it throws me off, but I never did like Mario having the FLUDD in Brawl - to me it felt like an unnecessary attempt to update Mario's move set, when he was already pretty spot-on in the previous two games and felt like 'quintessential Mario' with no bells or whistles attached.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, at this point, I almost think he deserves to get in as a Luigi character. Luigi has pretty much had the spotlight enough times to be considered a spinoff. Yoshi isn't anymore of a spin-off series than Luigi is, is he now?
Luigi has been the main character in Mario is Missing, Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and is about to be the main character in the DLC pack, Super Luigi U.
Yoshi has been the main character in Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Yoshi Touch and Go, Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's Yarn, and Yoshi's Island 3DS.
Yoshi has been in 7, counting the unreleased ones and Luigi has been in 4 counting the DLC pack. Let's just go ahead and remove the two new Yoshi games because they won't be out for a bit so we won't know how much that will effect the next smash. Also remove the DLC pack for the Luigi series since it is only an expansion pack.
That leaves Yoshi with 5 games, and Luigi with 3.
Now lets remove some not-that-popular games, or ones not super heard of.
I'd consider Mario is Missing, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, and Yoshi Touch and Go rather unpopular.
Now that leaves Luigi with 2 and Yoshi with 3. That's pretty close, so I think Luigi is nearly as much of his own series as Yoshi.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, at this point, I almost think he deserves to get in as a Luigi character. Luigi has pretty much had the spotlight enough times to be considered a spinoff. Yoshi isn't anymore of a spin-off series than Luigi is, is he now?
Luigi has been the main character in Mario is Missing, Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and is about to be the main character in the DLC pack, Super Luigi U.
Yoshi has been the main character in Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Yoshi Touch and Go, Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's Yarn, and Yoshi's Island 3DS.
Yoshi has been in 7, counting the unreleased ones and Luigi has been in 4 counting the DLC pack. Let's just go ahead and remove the two new Yoshi games because they won't be out for a bit so we won't know how much that will effect the next smash. Also remove the DLC pack for the Luigi series since it is only an expansion pack.
That leaves Yoshi with 5 games, and Luigi with 3.
Now lets remove some not-that-popular games, or ones not super heard of.
I'd consider Mario is Missing, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, and Yoshi Touch and Go rather unpopular.
Now that leaves Luigi with 2 and Yoshi with 3. That's pretty close, so I think Luigi is nearly as much of his own series as Yoshi.
Don't forget all those Yoshi Puzzle games like Yoshi's Cookie and "Yoshi."

Yoshi has a lot more games than Luigi.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Lol c'mon, in the relevance piece you basically say that E.Gadd is more important in Sunshine than Bowser Jr.
I call biased on that. He doesn't even appear in the game and the FLUDD thing is just an easter egg.
I like him though, but I don't think he has good chances nor that he will be missed if he doesn't get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom