• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non Specific Action Figure Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh my god! I can't believe someone actually made this thread!

I have to say, even though his chances are pretty much non-existent, I do support the idea of adding Non-Specific Action Figure to the roster.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Oh my god! I can't believe someone actually made this thread!

I have to say, even though his chances are pretty much non-existent, I do support the idea of adding Non-Specific Action Figure to the roster.
Eh, I wouldn't argue non-existent. He's got more than a few things going with him.

1: Popularity. Seriously, the 3DS conference opened up with a cameo by the little blue man. He has his own Know Your Meme page for crying out loud.

2: Clean slate. Basically, his abilities/skillset are completely unestablished and can open up a variety of venues for the devs to explore.

3: Originality. He's an original character or a very clever ploy from Ninty regarding whatever their- gasp- new IP might be. Either way, he represents a new "franchise".

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
When you think about it, there are only a few arguments -AGAINST- The Non-Specific Action Figure.

1. ZOMG HE HASN'T BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED OUTSIDE THE TRAILER

Not true. Nintendo actually referenced the Non-Specific Action Figure in a few conferences besides the initial trailer in which he makes his debut.

2. ZOMG HE HAS NEVER BEEN IN HIS OWN GAME

R.O.B. was never in his own game either, he's an accessory. Given how Nintendo has actually acknowledged him beyond the actual E3 trailer, it is incredibly-likely that he could get his own game if the demand is high enough.

3. ZOMG HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING

Neither could the likes of R.O.B., Falcon or any of the Spacies. Non-Specific Action Figure actually has more going for him than them, given his sword and wings.

I definitely think Non-Specific Action Figure could fill that valuable R.O.B./Game and Watch/Jigglypuff archetype as a more jokey, unexpected character. Just something to consider.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
R.O.B. was actually in a game before.

I'm really not sure if I like the idea of him being a character. An Assist, Trophy, Sticker, etc. presence seems more warranted than a character slot. To me that seems like we'd be stooping pretty low for him, someone who really deserves it could take that slot. For what reason would we put him in? For the WTF factor and his popularity? Honestly, those things can be honored by having some other form of appearance. Making him a full-fledged character goes overboard as if there were more things to it than that.

We only need to be considering characters that would be considered necessary to appear as characters. Otherwise its just entertaining a quaint idea.

smashbot226

Smash Master
R.O.B. was actually in a game before.

I'm really not sure if I like the idea of him being a character. An Assist, Trophy, Sticker, etc. presence seems more warranted than a character slot. To me that seems like we'd be stooping pretty low for him, someone who really deserves it could take that slot. For what reason would we put him in? For the WTF factor and his popularity? Honestly, those things can be honored by having some other form of appearance. Making him a full-fledged character goes overboard as if there were more things to it than that.

We only need to be considering characters that would be considered necessary to appear as characters. Otherwise its just entertaining a quaint idea.
R.O.B. has not had his own game before. He appeared in Mario Kart DS but that does not equate to his own game. And yes, he is fully deserving of the WTF slot for the above reasons and your argument could just as easily be made for Mr. Game & Watch, or any obscure character for that matter. We can honor the one good thing salvaged at this year's E3 by giving it a full fledged set.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Since his an action figure ang that his wings are completly unanimated,he could have this interesting concept:he has a normal double jump like characters such as Mario,but he can glide then.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
NSAF can't be considered the same as Game and Watch, the latter has had his own games and has a very iconic history with Nintendo. NSAF is just this fad that started over a Nintendo Direct, who likely won't pop up again.

I'll repeat, you can't justify granting NSAF character status, yet you can with Game and Watch, because they aren't even close to the same. With retros like Ice Climbers, they were retro (which Sakurai likes), and had their own game, so they couldn't be considered very similar to NSAF either. NSAF can justify an appearance, but can't gather enough as any of the obscure characters we have received.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or does he look kind of like captain RAINBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...... srry lttl out brst

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really see what the big deal is with that action figure. After all, we'll probably never see it again.

vicgur

Smash Ace
You know how people keep saying Mii could be a "custom" character? You know, because of what Sakurai said about the 3DS-to-WiiU Connectivity...

What if it was always meant to be NSAF?
What if he was meant to be the one character that doesn't have specific moves?
What if making him viral was already the plan?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You know how people keep saying Mii could be a "custom" character? You know, because of what Sakurai said about the 3DS-to-WiiU Connectivity...

What if it was always meant to be NSAF?
What if he was meant to be the one character that doesn't have specific moves?
What if making him viral was already the plan?

Not going to lie: You do have a valid point.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Non-Specific Action Figure would be an excellent "WTF!?!?!?" final boss in the Smash WiiU/3DS story mode! :chuckle:

But really, I think Non-Specific Action Figure is involved with some new IP (Miyamoto's new IP=???). Perhaps he was not some random, stupid thing after all... :smirk:
R.O.B. has not had his own game before.
Gyromite, and some other game, too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The wings and big sword could make for a lot of moveset potential and lets not forget that Captain Falcon and Marth had their moves made almost entirely from scratch,

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Can someone fill me in on what this is even.
Not sure if hero smash deserves...

Or hero smash needs...

EDIT: Okay I did my research on him. How did I miss such a video that Nintendo made for the fans! I am ashamed of my ignorance!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a basic moveset with non-specific attacks

B: Some Kind of Power strike- NSAF does a powerful horizontal slash with his nondescript sword, can be charged
B-side: Command grab- NSAF dives forwards and grabs the opponent in a cartoony dust cloud
B-up: Typical recovery- NSAF shoots skyward then transitions into a glide
B-down: WiiU connectivity features- summons a random Mii from your friendlist to assist

Taunt
1: Thumbs up
2: Covers ears
3: Folds arms and shakes head disapprovingly

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I support this. it would be damn funny to have a... uh... umm... Non specific character in Smash.

it would epitomize the concept of funny joke character. personally, I think that NSAF's body is ready for some Smash Bros. action.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I support this. it would be damn funny to have a... uh... umm... Non specific character in Smash.

it would epitomize the concept of funny joke character. personally, I think that NSAF's body is ready for some Smash Bros. action.
I don't even think of this guy as a joke I think of him as a legitimately awesome character to have. And would be very interested to see what they do with him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't even think of this guy as a joke I think of him as a legitimately awesome character to have. And would be very interested to see what they do with him.
you should know that the joke part is because it WAS a funny joke by Nintendo during E3.

and yes, he has very good potential for a moveset in SSB, considering his sword and wings. It wouldn't hurt too for him to have some laser gun or something.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
My money's on vicgur's theory. Btw, are those missiles attached to his wings? What if he could glide around and shoot missiles at your opponent?

:phone:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe he could be the game's unexpected character like Game and Watch was. The problem is if anyone will remember the meme and if there's better characters.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I see this guy as someone who should definitely pop up as a trophy. Remember how Melee had really cool trophies of stuff from the more obscure/unorthodox parts of Nintendo history (the dealer from Card Hero, Diskun, Sheriff, Monster, etc)? Yeah, NSAF should totally show up as one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom