• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hades, Master of the Underworld, Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
I am Hades, Lord of the Underworld, and I welcome you to my fan club.

Now, I know what you're thinking: O Lord Hades, how could you be playable in Smash? You're too epic! We need a more mundane Kid Icarus character, like Pretty Palutena!

Well, I guess it's time for me to prove you wrong. Here are my arguments:

1) Smash needs more villains. Why do you think people request losers like King K. Rool or Ridley? They are so desperate for villains that they'll stoop to morons like those to get their fix. As the greatest villain Nintendo ever made, I would be able to fill this void on the roster. Imagine me ripping off Pitty's wings, teaming with Ganny, destroying a bunch of annoying heroes... I'd fit right in!

2) I have an infinitely deep movepool. I'm the most powerful being in the Universe. I could use a variety of magical beams, blasts, and more. Canonically, I can change my size, swallow enemies whole, summon tornadoes, teleport, create enemies, open portals, and eat souls. Oh, and since I'm the ultimate troll, it would be fitting if I used moves that would mess with the opponents' movements and attacks.

3) I am a great character. I've got the third-most lines of anyone in Kid Icarus: Uprising and every one of them is pure gold. Fans of the series absolutely adore me and often try to imitate me by taking some of my quotes.

4) My Infernal Theme

Supporter's List: Sakurai and anyone who values their soul.

What next? I think I'll add a few videos and maybe a moveset. But for now, I must bid you adieu!

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Palutena fights in Uprising, and is given more than enough for a moveset, not to mention she has light powers, where you can easily create original moves in addition for, much like how Ice Climbers got ice moves simply by being associated with ice.

That being said, I am really glad I didn't have to make this and that someone else jumped on the idea, he clearly would be a solid choice, and is the most likable Nintendo villain I've seen in its entire history.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's Hades's artwork, just as an image improvement...

[collapse=Artwork]
[/collapse]

Anyway, I don't know about Hades being a playable character, but he should at least get a trophy cameo.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Perhaps, but a lot of those feelings are from the fact he is so iconic. In the RPG games and in some of the 3D Mario games he is given a great personality, but Hades is much more fleshed out and a pleasure to hear him talk nonstop. With Bowser you probably don't get that amazing personality which can pull that off.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I definitely want Hades in some form. If not playable, he would be an excellent boss for Smash 4's adventure mode.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
He seems like he could be a playable character... I haven't played the new Kid Icraus game yet but that picture makes him seem like a legitimate bad guy. Which imo in smash almost all the roster has in someway. This could be like the Link to Ganondorf scenario. He just looks way too cool.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've never seen Hades until now, and from the way he looks, I can believe he has a shot at being a playable character. To be honest, I think the Smash Bros. series has too many protagonist characters in playable form. I think it's time the villains got some more love in this installment, and Hades would be no exception.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I don't think he has any shot, he's still one of the best Nintendo characters and arguably the best Nintendo villian ever (eat it Ganondorf). I may be on Palutena's side, but Hades still has my support.

Junahu

Smash Ace
let's just hope the developers recast the same voice actor and translating team to Hades' dialogue. Otherwise we'll be getting awkardly translated Japanese Hades dialogue, read by a sound-alike.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind Hades as a playable character, but I see him better as a boss than anything. I would also prefer Medusa, honestly.

D

Deleted member

I would love Hades to be playable, even if it's a bit of a longshot.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Nah......Palutena and Medusa first. Hades should be a boss, and Magnus as a Assist.
Palutena is pretty obvious, but. . .

Medusa fans/supporters, quick question. Are there any of you that started supported her -after- the release of Uprising? Hades very clearly one ups her in that game, and that game is the reason why Uprising is getting such excessive representation. Most Medusa supporters seem to just ignore this and continue their support like nothing happened.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I still somewhat support Medusa, but Hades comes before her IMO. If I could choose 5 reps for KI, I'd have Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Hades, and Magnus, but not necessarily chosen in that order after Pit.

If Medusa had been a naga though, no matter how great a villain Hades turned out, I'd be supporting Medusa like mad.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I thought it would be good to get some potential moveset discussion started, so I tried my hand at creating special moves.

Neutral Special: Destruction Ensemble
Hades spreads his arms as a bio-mechanical node appears on his chest. It takes .5 seconds to complete the summoning process. Once this node is summoned, it will fire a purple energy shot straight ahead every 3 seconds. The shot deals 3% and moderate knockback on impact. While the projectile itself isn’t particularly powerful, the node fires these passively while Hades is free to do other things, and the node will not disappear until Hades has taken 20% since summoning it. Performing this move while Hades already has an active node will “heal” it, resetting the damage Hades must take before losing it.

Side Special: Alpha Strike
With a single hand, Hades claws at the air in front of himself as dark energy leaks from his hand, dealing 5% and moderate set knockback. This has low startup lag but noticeable end lag. If the attack connects, struck opponents have a purple tint that lasts for 4 seconds. If there is at least one opponent afflicted with this strange condition, Hades can use a smash input for this special in order to snap his fingers, causing all affected characters to take 11% and strong vertical knockback in a burst of darkness. There is some startup time to “detonate” the characters, but it deals respectable shield damage, forcing opponents to perform dodges if they want to completely avoid the attack.

Up Special: Omega Leap
Hades leaps upwards and slightly forwards, going right off the top of the screen, before crashing back down to the ground in a mighty magical explosion. The explosion deals 12% and good knockback, but the overall move has punishable end lag and there is no hitbox to the attack besides the explosion. On the other hand, it has low startup lag and it basically gives Hades an infinite vertical recovery.

Down Special: Dark Winds
Hades slams the ground with his fist, causing a purple-tinted tornado to form about 1/5 of Battlefield in front of him. It is as wide as Kirby and as twice as tall as Ganondorf, and lasts for 5 seconds. Enemies take 1% every .5 seconds they remain in the tornado, and all characters including Hades have their jumps doubled in strength while inside it and have 0 fall speed, acting similar to the wind in Pokemon Stadium 2. It takes .5 seconds to summon the tornado and Hades may only have 1 in play at a time, deleting the current one if he tries to summon another.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He wouldn't be my first choice for a Kid Icarus playable newcomer, but he is one of the characters I'm hoping will be a boss, I think he'd be perfect for it. I think he might be my most wanted boss character. :awesome:

However, if the Adventure Mode is dialogue-less again, it would be an insult to Hades. Even if he was the only character to have lines in the entire Adventure, I'd be satisfied. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

"What's this? Seems I'm the only one that's special enough to have dialogue in this silent film of a story. Very shrewd, Mr. Sakurai, very shrewd. No matter! You probably thought you were done with me after Kid Icarus Uprising, didn't you? Spoilers to those who haven't played the game, shame that you haven't yet. Anywho, I am back to wreak some MORE havoc! Try to defeat me if you can, players! I'm not going to go easy..."

Did I capture the Hades charm?

Lucidthought

Banned via Warnings
actually...i don't want to start a ridley debate, but i feel it's worth noting. would you all be content with him becoming ganon-sized? i know i'd be fine with it.

D

Deleted member

Well, he's a god, which means he could change his size however he wants. Size really isn't an issue.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"What's this? Seems I'm the only one that's special enough to have dialogue in this silent film of a story. Very shrewd, Mr. Sakurai, very shrewd. No matter! You probably thought you were done with me after Kid Icarus Uprising, didn't you? Spoilers to those who haven't played the game, shame that you haven't yet. Anywho, I am back to wreak some MORE havoc! Try to defeat me if you can, players! I'm not going to go easy..."

Did I capture the Hades charm?
Pretty good. ;)
The best part would be if he made puns of other characters' names (not just Pit). I'm not creative enough to come up with any right now, but I imagine I would have a good laugh over some of them. :laugh:

actually...i don't want to start a ridley debate, but i feel it's worth noting. would you all be content with him becoming ganon-sized? i know i'd be fine with it.
I would be fine if Hades (or any other god character like Medusa, Palutena, etc.) was Ganon-sized. It actually makes more sense than the sizes of some of the characters currently in Smash. :chuckle::awesome:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I just think he's too...big, same with Medusa. I mean you
go inside his freaking body
for an entire level.

I love him as a character and he would make a great boss, but I just don't see him fitting in for anything but a that.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Palutena showed that Gods can alter their size to be normal sized.

He could even be a light character, but either way it could work. Perhaps medium.

[COLLAPSE="Hades Expressions~"]
[/COLLAPSE]

They are all set to match the backgrounds of posts except for the first one and the one that his blue flame head, they were set up for an avatar. Sorry for the bad quality. :laugh:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
This thread should not be at the bottom of the forum, especially when Hades is such an excellent candidate.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@BKupa666: This thread is referring to the main antagonist of Kid Icarus: Uprising. Unless of course, you displayed that image as a joke.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am, of course, joking. However, judging by
Hades having blue flaming hair once Medusa attacks his head off
, Disney Hades may have subtly influenced Sakurai's incarnation of the character.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Woods has stated many times he loves doing the voice, so I'm sure he'll come back if asked..plus he MADE the movie.

Back on topic, I'm unfamiliar with the Kid Icarus series, but hey if it's another villain, I'm game.

:phone:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry to bump this too as I look into the archives of different characters, but how would the "loophole" work on him?

We know this is Hades from the KI game, but indirectly he is based on a greek deity; which didn't originate in a videogame. How can it be possible for him to be there if he is not a vg character. Same applies to Medusa and Dracula from CV.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Sorry to bump this too as I look into the archives of different characters, but how would the "loophole" work on him?

We know this is Hades from the KI game, but indirectly he is based on a greek deity; which didn't originate in a videogame. How can it be possible for him to be there if he is not a vg character. Same applies to Medusa and Dracula from CV.
You do realize the whole series is based off greek mythology? Including Pit, who's already in the game.

Turtles didn't originate in video games, but we still have bowser and squirtle in the smash series.

D

Deleted member

Welp, guess we can't have Palutena either.
Paultena = Parutena
Parutena = Pallas Athena, a Greek Goddess.

Guess we can only have Dark Pit. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom