• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Your Body Ready for SSB4's Best Newcomer? Reggie Fils-Amie for Super Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace

REGGIE FILS-AMIE FOR SMASH 4

Pull back your bias for a second and let's say, hypothetically, Smash 4 does get a "real world" representative.
While this is an unlikely possibility, I'd like to raise the prospect of Reggie being that rep. Sure, he may lack the iconic nature and importance that Mr. Miyamoto would provide in that role. However, Reggie has far more things going for him. One is a popularity with a Western audience - Nintendo has never really attempted to appeal to that market in the past Smash games, but it exists. Should Sakurai attempt to provide a character for that market, Reggie has proven to have a lasting popularity in the region. This popularity has also been lasting from Reggie's first appearance onstage at E3 2004, which gives him more longevity over "fad" characters like the Non-Specific Action Figure whose popularity lasted mere weeks. As long as Reggie stays on with the company, he isn't moving any time soon.

The second is that he has himself commented on the possibility of him being a Smash character. When a petition on the internet reached an astonishing 50,000 signatures for his inclusion, Reggie himself commented that should Sakurai want to use him, "his body would be ready". His twitter also later mentioned the possibility of his final smash being the "MY BODY IS READY SLAM". While we have not heard a stance from Sakurai on this (much like with everything else), it is very likely that Reggie and Sakurai have a regular correspondence or meet often to discuss things. In the context of this meetings, Reggie may have brought up the desire or jokingly threw it out there. Take that with a grain of salt, but even so, that means it's likely crossed Mr. Sakurai's mind at least once.

CONFIRMED! Sort of.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Notice: Mega Bidoof now owns this thread, replacing Kholdstare.

REGGIE FILS-AMIE!

Who is he?
He is the president of Nintendo of America! Why are you looking at this if you dotn know who he is?
He is well known for his famous line, "My body is ready!"

Why him?
Because why not?! Nintendo seems to be advertising him or making snooker every chane they get and making him say "My body is ready whenever he can."
There is also a change.org petition for him to appear in Smash Bros. 4, and it has a lot of signatures.
Even Reggie himself says he wants to be in Smash Bros, and said that his final smash would be "The My body is Ready Slam!"
I should also put Kholdstare's (the original owner of this thread) justifications for Reggie. They are "interesting".

1. His body is ready.
  2. He's sexy.
  3. He has an established history with Nintendo.
  4. He's been at every Nintendo conference. Subliminal marketing, people.
  5. He's more iconic of anything that Nintendo's ever done than Mario.
  6. He is Haitian. With the social stigmas that exist today, minorities have to be filled, people.

I should also point out that he could be implemented though the form of Reggii, or Reggie in his Mii form.
He would look like this, and I'm guessing he would play the same as he normally would.
image.jpg

Moveset Potential?
As the change.org petition says, he can use Nintendo accessories old and new to attack. And chances are, he would use AT LEAST ONE My Body Is Ready attack!

Moveset:
Coming Soon!

Roster Maker Icon:
Coming Soon!

Signature Icon:
Coming Soon!

List of supporters:
Mega Bidoof
DavidDreamCatcher
Yani
Claire Diviner
Wizzrobe
GoldenYuiitusin
SuperShyGuy
OcarinaOfDoom
Cool mario bros
IsmaR

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I imagined him coming in after someone pulls off a wicked combo and shouting TEEHEE!

GRABLARGGRAH HE WANTS TO EAT YOUUUU!!!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Still say that Olimar should randomly pluck Purple Reggies. They could instant KO enemies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Then the announcer will say, "Their body was not Reggie!" whenever characters are KO'd from it.

Lucidthought

Banned via Warnings
he could actually be a very interesting WTF char...though my vote goes to miyamoto if we are to have something along those lines. more universal :p

D

Deleted member

If you don't support Reggie for Smash (or don't have a 3DS yet), "what's wrong with you?" :awesome:

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
You know if you've already made a reggie mii like i have then sadly this doesn't sound so far fetched...

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Aren't they the same person, or is it a different reggie?
It's the same person, but it would be the essence of Reggie (which isn't limited to a body) facing the powerful body he has (which is limited to his body, and is always ready).

Really, it's like a train crashing into a rock. Only one will survive. The winner is the one that is the most ready! :bee: ;) :smirk: :awesome: :psycho:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
It's the same person, but it would be the essence of Reggie (which isn't limited to a body) facing the powerful body he has (which is limited to his body, and is always ready).

Really, it's like a train crashing into a rock. Only one will survive. The winner is the one that is the most ready! :bee: ;) :smirk: :awesome: :psycho:
rofl

Reggie's support is now deed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd rather have Miyamoto if we go this far. He's Mario, Link, Olimar and a handful other Nintendo character's daddy after all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think Reggie's Final Smash would be him transforming into a colossal Purple Pikmin, because he would feel like it and his body would be ready for the transformation.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I think Reggie's Final Smash would be him transforming into a colossal Purple Pikmin, because he would feel like it and his body would be ready for the transformation.
[glow]Maybe, or his Final Smash could be him "taking names" which would make him kick..[/glow]

aba1

Smash Apprentice

Reggie Fils-Aime

Let's face it. Reggie is a shoe-in for SSB4. Let me list proof why:

1. His body is ready.
  2. He's sexy.
  3. He has an established history with Nintendo.
  4. He's been at every Nintendo conference. Subliminal marketing, people.
  5. He's more iconic of anything that Nintendo's ever done than Mario.
  6. He is Haitian. With the social stigmas that exist today, minorities have to be filled, people.

Discuss.

I'm totally serious by the way.
Why does he keep staring into my soul like that

D

Deleted member

A petition won't help.
Not only is Nintendo unlikely to see it, but even if they did, the roster is most likely finalized at this point.

Shame, though.
EDIT: Signed, by the way. As fruitless as it is, I don't mind giving support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom