• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelgius, the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Black Knight Zelgius

General Zelgius, probably more well known as the mantle of Black Knight, is a major villain in the Fire Emblem series. The only recurring villain, and sworn rival of the mercenary lord and veteran brawler, Ike.

Starring in Fire Emblem titles, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, the Black Knight first appeared as the villain who duelled Ike's father Greil to the death, killing the latter and inspiring Ike to become the hero he is today.

Fighting Attributes
The core gameplay pillars for Zelgius would go something like this...:

I) Precision Strikes: Zelgius is the finest swordsmen in all of Tellius, having trained under Gawain, he excelled at amazing speeds thanks to his powers of being one of the Branded (A laguz/human hybrid). This would be represented by skill-shot style strikes, high damage small target slashes and stabs.

II) Iron Wall: As a General-type character, Zelgius is extremely tanky and heavy. He will be all about the defensive gameplay, gauging an opponent's battle strategy and counter-attacking when they are vulnerable.

Movesets:
MYM #6 By Chris Lionheart

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just ignore that guy.

I kind of miss supporting Black Knight. I'd really like to see him, but I know it won't happen. I know you like to refer to him by name, but strangely I find the fact that the "Black Knight" is such a generic and ARCHETYPICAL stock character is actually a stronger point in his favor.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda gave up on both BK and Caeda after you left Barbasol, but I still perfer them to either Roy and Krom.

And for old times sake:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It would be nice to have a Fire Emblem villian, but I'm afraid he wouldn't happen unless he reappeared as DLC in FE Aeakening if they aren't limited to lords. Though, I had never given up on him ever since.

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think he's the most memorable villain for the Fire Emblem series. an alternate costume could switch between his identities (Black Knight as default and Zelgius as an alternate). could be a heavy character like Ganon and use Warp powder for recovery and faster movement... as well as his overkill Eclipse skill, like the moveset smashbot226 provided.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8266277&postcount=1081

Somebody already made a Black Knight moveset that I am quite fond of.
this moveset could work out nicely and make him a different character from everyone else.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
This thread is awesome!

I think his neutral special should be his usual one-ranged attack in RD, his side special should be his usual two-ranged attack from RD, and his Final Smash should be where the opponent falls onto a Fire Emblem Battle Animatin screen, the BK(Burger Knight, LOL) activates Eclipse, and beats the **** out of the opponent.

:phone:

Barbasol

Smash Ace
The nice thing about Black Knight, is that he also brings something to smash bros. that no other series could provide: a heavy armored character. There aren't any franchises with a lead character where this would make sense. Characters from Zelda aren't heavily armored unless they are bosses, like a Darknut.

I updated the main post with the MYM moveset provided earlier. Good Find!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The nice thing about Black Knight, is that he also brings something to smash bros. that no other series could provide: a heavy armored character. There aren't any franchises with a lead character where this would make sense. Characters from Zelda aren't heavily armored unless they are bosses, like a Darknut.

I updated the main post with the MYM moveset provided earlier. Good Find!
pretty much this. an heavy armored character would necessarily have a different play style, making him unique among the cast.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm surprised nobody has posted here, especially since there isn't another thread for him that I could find.

He would have potential, but he just ain't happening.

But hey! He would make a great Assist Trophy character!

He could use a heavy "bull rush" kind of sword attack with a kind of power other sword-wielding/using assist trophy characters don't use.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Spoiler much? I know Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn came out a long time ago, but still...

Anyhow, though I doubt the Black Knight would get in as a playable character, I would love to see him appear as an Assist Trophy. He could be one of the more powerful ones. He should definitely use his signature skill, Luna.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey, Burger Knight! That's a blast from the past if I've ever seen one... :laugh:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Zelgius would be a good addition, but Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn have past a long time ago, I would imagine they would add Chrom from Awakening anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom