• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
First, let me say that I am relatively new here so I don't know that I have the authority to make this thread but I'm giving it a shot.

This thread is to discuss the Pokemon options that have a slight chance, not ones that have a good chance and not ones that have slim-to-no chance. Refrain from discussing mons such as Zoroark, Victini, Lucario & Mewtwo for example; and don't just throw out your favorite Pokemon as an option just for the sake of it either Flygon for Sm4sh.

So on to the thread I guess. Some of the Pokemon I had in mind:

Genosect
Plusle & Minun
May (Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken)
Meowth
Deoxys
Darkrai

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had some followers of Porygon-Z back in the Brawl days.

Still one of my top favorite pokemon

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
How unlikely would it be if either of the following two made it in playable form in Smash 4?

-.- very. I'm talking about guys like Meowth or May - characters who are fairly well known by both fans & non-fans but are less likely than other Pokemon candidates for whatever reason.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blastoise is always my favorite choice for a playable pokemon

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
Odd. Is your browser working properly? If not, then the images are supposed to show Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar.
Yea it is but I'm on Chrome if that makes a difference. And I should have gathered as much from your signature. I'll add him/her to the OP but I still prefer Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken, especially since we'll almost certainly be getting Zoroark/Victini :p

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Why can't we discuss about Pokemon that could be interesting in Smash and still could be a realistic choice? Yeah, I know there's a lot of them, but I still prefer to read more about them than those that have a very high chance...

Right now, I've got 2 Pokemon in my mind...

Metagross
Scrafty

I also have a moveset for Metagross if anyone would like to hear?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My pokemon needs were thankfully satisfied when POKEMON TRAINER was revealed in Brawl.

I have no more need for Pokemon. XD But if I wanted another one... I'd go for Mewtwo. I'm a sucker for 1st gen, can't help it. :p And I'm aware it's the most represented generation of all.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
In regards to Mewtwo, let's assume Nintendo wants to differentiate him from Lucario completely (even though they're nothing alike), couldn't they technically draw inspiration from the manga where Mewtwo wields a giant spoon as a weapon? Some food for though.

D

Deleted member

Krokorok. Specifically Sunglasses Krokorok.
Although he's going to be a Krookodile soon...

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I imagine that's what the thread is for, and considering Metagross is my absolute favorite Pokémon, it goes without saying that I'm more than interested to read your moveset idea.
Oki doki loki,
Unfortunately it's not complete yet, but here you go...

Metagross

Neutral

Neutral A: Bullet Punch 1
Pretty similar to Solid Snake's Forward A...

Forward A: Bullet Punch 2 (or Thrust would probably be a better name)
It's pretty similar to DDD's Forward A. He uses his front legs to thrust or push the opponent away from him and do small damage.

Up A: Headbutt
A quick and simple headbutt to send the opponent upwards... nothing remarkable...

Down A: -

Smash

Forward Smash: Hammer Arm
Metagross will raise two of his front legs up in the air, building his power and then he smashes them to the ground with brute force. Simple...

I'm just questioning the range of this attack. Should it have the same range like Donkey Kong's forward smash, or should it be more like DDD's instead?

Up Smash: (No name...)
He swings his arms to deal some damage (2-3 hits)...
This attack should be somewhat slower than Up A (Headbutt)!

Down Smash: Earthquake
Unlike in Brawl, this move should not be used to bury the opponent to the ground, the earthquake should launch the opponents up in the air, so that Metagross can deal some aerial damage (or Up Smash).
It should function more like Wario's Down Smash in Project M.

Air

Neutral Air: Rapid Spin (he can't learn actually learn it)
Pretty obvious I guess, spins for a while and does average amount of damage. This move could also send opponents flying, just like Mr. Game & Watch's Neutral Air in Melee.

Down Air: Meteor smash (not Meteor Mash lol)
Also a pretty obvious choice, he will use his weight and all of his four legs to make this attack as powerful as possible.
Just imagine the power in this attack from this giant beast and what it can cause... poor Jigglypuff...

Up Air: -

Front Air: -

Back Air: -

Special

Neutral Special: Meteor Mash
I'm actually not 100% sure how Metagross should execute this...
Right now I've got 2 options:

1. You can power this move up the same way like Donkey Kong's Giant Punch (is the name correct?) and after that, unleash hell on the opponent.
2. Functions the same way as Falcon Punch, first charge and then immediately punch the opponent to send them to the moon.

Forward Special: I got 2 options and I just couldn't decide which one is better...
1. Zen Headbutt
I'm not completely sure how this move should work at all...
It could be like a mix of Fox's Forward Special and Mewtwo's Forward Special, but a little more brute force. This move is not necessarily meant to KO opponents, it should rather send them forward, so that they hopefully end up in front of Metagross and then he can easily use Meteor Mash to KO them.

2. Flash Cannon
I probably don't need to write too much about this one...
He'll power up some kind of small energy ball and then sends it forward and hopefully hits a target. The range shouldn't be too long, but not too short either.
If he uses Flash Cannon, then his Forward A should probably push his opponents further...

I would probably go with Zen Headbutt, because it suits somewhat more for a big character like Metagross, and I think that he can accomplish more with this move (when it comes to both combos and sending them off-screen).
If you want to send opponents forward, use Zen Headbutt...
If you want to send them in the air instead... read more about his next special move...

Up Special: Magnet Rise
Personally, I think this is maybe one of his more interesting moves...
When you use this move, he will start levitating for a short time and hopefully recover himself. But that's not the interesting part...

If he uses this move on the ground and if any opponent is standing close enough to Metagross, he will send them up in the air without taking damage (or approx. 6%) so that he can easily deal some damage while in the air. Though the opponent should definitely not be helpless for too long...

Btw, should Metagross be able to power this move up before he unloads it? Does this make things even more interesting? Or should this move work immediately?

Down Special: Iron Defense
This was also a very tricky one.
Personally I don't like this move, but this is the best that I can come up with atm...

Since Metagross is a Steel type Pokemon, he can use his typing to his advantage by using the move Iron Defense.
It works exactly the same way as Kirby's Stone move. He can use it to protect himself from lethal damage or to send them flying...

Crawling (when you press Down and then move forward)
Since he looks like a spider, I think he should be able to do this with no sweat...
I think he should also get some armor properties by using this technique to help him gain a upper hand. It also makes sense because of his typing (Steel) and most importantly, his size. It should only work for weaker attacks, otherwise it would be OP.
Pretty much like Bowser in Project M...

Sorry about my English...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So far, its A attacks are pretty good. Now that leaves the Special Attacks:

Special

Neutral Special: Meteor Mash
I'm actually not 100% sure how Metagross should execute this...
Right now I've got 2 options:

1. You can power this move up the same way like Donkey Kong's Giant Punch (is the name correct?) and after that, unleash hell on the opponent.
2. Functions the same way as Falcon Punch, first charge and then immediately punch the opponent to send them to the moon.
Another option is to hold down the B button and to charge up the move, and launch the attack by letting go of the button, with the damage and knockback dealt being dependent on how long the button was held. Using either option 1 or 2 is fine, I guess, but the main idea is to try and differentiate Metagross as much as possible.

Forward Special: I got 2 options and I just couldn't decide which one is better...
1. Zen Headbutt
I'm not completely sure how this move should work at all...
It could be like a mix of Fox's Forward Special and Mewtwo's Forward Special, but a little more brute force. This move is not necessarily meant to KO opponents, it should rather send them forward, so that they hopefully end up in front of Metagross and then he can easily use Meteor Mash to KO them.

2. Flash Cannon
I probably don't need to write too much about this one...
He'll power up some kind of small energy ball and then sends it forward and hopefully hits a target. The range shouldn't be too long, but not too short either.
If he uses Flash Cannon, then his Forward A should probably push his opponents further...

I would probably go with Zen Headbutt, because it suits somewhat more for a big character like Metagross, and I think that he can accomplish more with this move (when it comes to both combos and sending them off-screen).
If you want to send opponents forward, use Zen Headbutt...
If you want to send them in the air instead... read more about his next special move...
I'd go with Zen Headbutt, as it sounds like it would feel like the right way to go with a Side B attack. That said, as for being like Fox's Side B, I would imagine you don't have the speed in mind, seeing as Metagross doesn't come across as something that can move that fast. I would imagine more of a forward rush type of move. A question I have is how will it act in the air? Will he still continue falling as he's using it, or will his downward momentum halt? If used in the air, will it put him into a Helpless State?

Up Special: Magnet Rise
Personally, I think this is maybe one of his more interesting moves...
When you use this move, he will start levitating for a short time and hopefully recover himself. But that's not the interesting part...

If he uses this move on the ground and if any opponent is standing close enough to Metagross, he will send them up in the air without taking damage (or approx. 6%) so that he can easily deal some damage while in the air. Though the opponent should definitely not be helpless for too long...

Btw, should Metagross be able to power this move up before he unloads it? Does this make things even more interesting? Or should this move work immediately?
So the move will cause fixed knockback similar to a weak attack that was inflicting 6% damage without actually dealing damage? You may as well just say it causes fixed knockback. So I take it he can attack out of it, and, like R.O.B.'s Up B, would not be put into a Helpless State as a result, correct? Also, this move will benefit as working immediately when used, or else Metagross will have major recovery issues, especially considering his size, and what I also assume is his high weight and fast falling speed.

Down Special: Iron Defense
This was also a very tricky one.
Personally I don't like this move, but this is the best that I can come up with atm...

Since Metagross is a Steel type Pokemon, he can use his typing to his advantage by using the move Iron Defense.
It works exactly the same way as Kirby's Stone move. He can use it to protect himself from lethal damage or to send them flying...
That would make it too similar to Kirby's Stone move. I mean, it's tough to come up with a viable Down B, but if I had to go with Iron Defense, I'd make it so that it makes his body more resilient, by granting it super armor and giving it launch resistance similar to Olimar's super armor in his Pikmin Order for about 2 or maybe 3 seconds. During that time, he can still move around and jump, but will be unable to attack or dodge, allowing him to run right through enemy attacks as a means to get away potentially devastating combos, or as a means of an approach option for projectile spammers, like Falco, where he can easily eat his lasers without flinching, approach Falco, and then go on the offensive when the effects of Iron Defense expires. That's just my idea. It isn't perfect by any means, but I did the best I could do.

Crawling (when you press Down and then move forward)
Since he looks like a spider, I think he should be able to do this with no sweat...
I think he should also get some armor properties by using this technique to help him gain a upper hand. It also makes sense because of his typing (Steel) and most importantly, his size. It should only work for weaker attacks, otherwise it would be OP.
Pretty much like Bowser in Project M...
I can see this working.

Overall, not too bad. I mean, I can tell it was hard coming up with something, considering, Metagross isn't exactly the easiest thing to bring about a fresh idea, especially given its size, body structure, etc., trying not to make him overpowered, while trying not to make him suck, while also keeping his moves unique is probably a theorycrafter's hell, but what do I know?

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
HOYYYY!!!!!!! that moveset up there is fresher then j'sargo on a wheel barrel putting together a jigsaw puzzle about George lopez eating pasta! (complement)

Btw... am i the only one here who wants snorlax to finally be a char?

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
THIIIS GUY!!!

Actually it would be pretty cool.
Wouldn't Ditto basically be like picking Random? Unless he has that sort of Shang Tsung (Mortal Kombat) thing where he can turn into any character by pressing various button combinations and remain as said character for about 30 seconds at a time. Example below:

Ditto Moveset

Ditto will transform into a character based on what button/button combination is pressed. Ditto's Transformation animation has 30 frames (depending on load times) and during the transformation process, he is completely invincible. Should he transform while in mid-air, he will have a recovered double jump(s) of whichever character he transforms into. After 30 seconds, he will revert to his original form which takes 30 frames of animation with invincibility frames throughout the transformation process. If Ditto is put into a Helpless State while recovering as any character (Mario, Pit, etc.) and reverts to his original form during freefall, he will not be in a Helpless State any longer, allowing him to transform again and attempt another recovery. While transforming into a character, or back to his original self, his fall speed becomes equal to Peach while floating down on her parasol.

Height: 5
Weight: 5
Overall Power: 5
Traction: 5
Ground Speed (Walk): 5
Ground Speed (Run): 5
Aerial Movement Speed: 5
Falling Speed (Normal): 5
Falling Speed (Fast): 5
Jump Height (First Jump): 5
Jump Height (Second Jump): 5
Grab Range: N/A
Grab Speed (Standing): N/A
Grab Speed (Running): N/A
Grab Speed (Pivot): N/A
Dodge/Roll Frames: N/A
Air Dodge Frames: N/A

As you may notice, Grab and Dodge data reads as "N/A". The reason being is because the buttons used to perform said moves would be used for various transformations. Also, the statistics measured above is on a 1-10 scale, so at 5 across the board, Ditto's stats are more average than that of even Mario's. As a note, the characters listed only list the playable characters of Brawl.

Special Attacks
------------

Standard B - Mario Transformation: Ditto transforms into Mario for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Mario's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Forward B - Kirby Transformation: Ditto transforms into Kirby for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Kirby's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Up B - Pikachu Transformation: Ditto transforms into Pikachu for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Pikachu's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Down B - Link Transformation: Ditto transforms into Link for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Link's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Standard Attacks
---------------

Standard A - Samus Transformation: Ditto transforms into Samus for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Samus' [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Forward Tilt - Donkey Kong Transformation: Ditto transforms into Donkey Kong for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Donkey Kong's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Up Tilt - Fox Transformation: Ditto transforms into Fox for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Fox's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Down Tilt - Yoshi Transformation: Ditto transforms into Yoshi for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Yoshi's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Aerial Attacks
------------

Standard Aerial - Luigi Transformation: Ditto transforms into Luigi for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Luigi's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Forward Aerial - Captain Falcon Transformation: Ditto transforms into Captain Falcon for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Captain Falcon's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Up Aerial - Ness Transformation: Ditto transforms into Ness for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Ness' [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Down Aerial - Jigglypuff Transformation: Ditto transforms into Jigglypuff for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Jigglypuff's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Smash Attacks
------------

Forward Smash - Peach Transformation: Ditto transforms into Peach for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Peach's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Up Smash - Bowser Transformation: Ditto transforms into Bowser for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Bowser's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Down Smash - Ice Climbers Transformation: Ditto transforms into Ice Climbers for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Ice Climber's [standard] moves, stats, etc.. When he transforms, the second CPU-controlled Ice Climber will immediately spawn behind him. Upon reverting back to his normal form, the second CPU-controlled Ice Climber will disappear and its damage % reset.

Other Moves
-------------

Standard Z - Mr. Game & Watch Transformation: Ditto transforms into Mr. Game & Watch for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Mr Game & Watch's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Forward Z - Zelda Transformation: Ditto transforms into Zelda for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Zelda's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Up Z - Sheik Transformation: Ditto transforms into Sheik for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Sheik's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Down Z - Ganondorf Transformation: Ditto transforms into Ganondorf for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Ganondorf's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Standard R - Marth Transformation: Ditto transforms into Marth for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Marth's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Forward R - Falco Transformation: Ditto transforms into Falco for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Falco's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Up R - Lucas Transformation: Ditto transforms into Lucas for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Lucas' [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Down R - Lucario Transformation: Ditto transforms into Lucario for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Lucario's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Standard L - Pokémon Trainer Transformation (Squirtle): Ditto transforms into Pokémon Trainer for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Pokémon Trainer's [standard] moves, stats, etc.. He will always start off as Squirtle when using this command.

Forward L - Pokémon Trainer Transformation (Ivysaur): Ditto transforms into Pokémon Trainer for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Pokémon Trainer's [standard] moves, stats, etc.. He will always start off as Ivysaur when using this command.

Up L - Pokémon Trainer Transformation (Charizard): Ditto transforms into Pokémon Trainer for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Pokémon Trainer's [standard] moves, stats, etc.. He will always start off as Charizard when using this command.

Down L - Ike Transformation: Ditto transforms into Ike for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Ike's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Aerial Z - Pit Transformation: Ditto transforms into Pit for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Pit's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Aerial R - Meta Knight Transformation: Ditto transforms into Meta Knight for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Meta Knight's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Aerial L - R.O.B. Transformation: Ditto transforms into R.O.B. for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of R.O.B's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Right Taunt - Sonic Transformation: Ditto transforms into Sonic for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Sonic's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Left Taunt - Wolf Transformation: Ditto transforms into Wolf for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Wolf's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Up Taunt - Toon Link Transformation: Ditto transforms into Toon Link for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Toon Link's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Down Taunt - Zero Suit Samus Transformation: Ditto transforms into Zero Suit Samus (sans the armor pieces) for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Zero Suit Samus' [standard] moves, stats, etc.

C Stick Right - King Dedede Transformation: Ditto transforms into King Dedede for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of King Dedede's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

C Stick Left - Olimar Transformation: Ditto transforms into Olimar for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Olimar's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

C Stick Up - Wario Transformation: Ditto transforms into Wario for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Wario's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

C Stick Down - Diddy Kong Transformation: Ditto transforms into Diddy Kong for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Diddy Kong's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Dash Attack - Snake Transformation: Ditto transforms into Snake for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have all of Snake's [standard] moves, stats, etc.

Final Smash
-------------

Master Hand and Crazy Hand Transformation: Ditto transforms into Master Hand and Crazy Hand for 30 seconds. During this time, he will have access to all of their individual and combination attacks. Although they can still sustain damage, they are immune to knockback and hitstun. When Ditto transforms into Master Hand and Crazy Hand, Master Hand will retain whatever damage % Ditto has taken before the transformation, while Crazy Hand starts off at 0. Upon reverting back to normal, Ditto will retain whatever damage % Master Hand has taken, and Crazy Hand will disappear and his damage % will be reset to 0.
The only way Ditto can use his Final Smash is by breaking a Smash Ball while transformed into a character, and waiting until the transformation expires, or by being given a Pity Final Smash.​

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh my god yes.
If you could use him by pressing some kinda combination of buttons while hovered over the "random character" button that'd be perfect. If they did something like this i'd be totally cool with it, because it'd take little to no programming involved.

Would most likely get banned from tourneys, but still.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh my god yes.
If you could use him by pressing some kinda combination of buttons while hovered over the "random character" button that'd be perfect. If they did something like this i'd be totally cool with it, because it'd take little to no programming involved.

Would most likely get banned from tourneys, but still.
Oh, the "random" thing was me asking if Ditto would basically be just that; Random. The button combination is an actual moveset for Ditto, assuming he is actually in action. I just might finish up the moveset list, actually. Only because I know what I want for a Final Smash, though I'm sure everyone can already guess what it could be.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll throw a bone for Marill aka PikaBlu. He'd make a better Gen 2 rep than Pichu that's for sure

B: Bubblebeam
B-side: Rollout
B-up: Aqua ring
B-down: Defence Curl

Final Smash: Hydro Pump

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Another option is to hold down the B button and to charge up the move, and launch the attack by letting go of the button, with the damage and knockback dealt being dependent on how long the button was held. Using either option 1 or 2 is fine, I guess, but the main idea is to try and differentiate Metagross as much as possible.
Hmm... just like Roy's Special... I actually like your idea!

I'd go with Zen Headbutt, as it sounds like it would feel like the right way to go with a Side B attack. That said, as for being like Fox's Side B, I would imagine you don't have the speed in mind, seeing as Metagross doesn't come across as something that can move that fast. I would imagine more of a forward rush type of move. A question I have is how will it act in the air? Will he still continue falling as he's using it, or will his downward momentum halt? If used in the air, will it put him into a Helpless State?
Yeah, Metagross shouldn't be speedy like Fox. And yes, I didn't say it directly but I thought he should rush like a mad bull and hopefully hit a target.

I honestly haven't thought very much about how it will act in the air...
I think it depends on how Magnet Rise works. If it launches Metagross up in the air, then I think Zen Headbutt should go straight forward without falling.
However, if it works similar to ROB's Up Special, then I don't know...

Or it could move the same way as Wario's Forward Special in Project M, but I don't know...
Do you have any thoughts?

So the move will cause fixed knockback similar to a weak attack that was inflicting 6% damage without actually dealing damage? You may as well just say it causes fixed knockback. So I take it he can attack out of it, and, like R.O.B.'s Up B, would not be put into a Helpless State as a result, correct? Also, this move will benefit as working immediately when used, or else Metagross will have major recovery issues, especially considering his size, and what I also assume is his high weight and fast falling speed.
Well yeah, the point is that this move should make Metagross levitate and also lift all surrounding opponents so that he can do some aerial damage (or use it for recovery...)
In other words, when he takes all his opponents with him to the air (if they are close enough of course).

Maybe I wasn't clear enough with the damage input...
What I meant was that Magnet Rise should...
1. Not deal any damage at all
OR
2. Deal very little damage (6% or lower)

That would make it too similar to Kirby's Stone move. I mean, it's tough to come up with a viable Down B, but if I had to go with Iron Defense, I'd make it so that it makes his body more resilient, by granting it super armor and giving it launch resistance similar to Olimar's super armor in his Pikmin Order for about 2 or maybe 3 seconds. During that time, he can still move around and jump, but will be unable to attack or dodge, allowing him to run right through enemy attacks as a means to get away potentially devastating combos, or as a means of an approach option for projectile spammers, like Falco, where he can easily eat his lasers without flinching, approach Falco, and then go on the offensive when the effects of Iron Defense expires. That's just my idea. It isn't perfect by any means, but I did the best I could do.
Yeah I know, like I said, I wasn't happy with Iron Defense (even though the move itself shows what kind of Pokemon Metagross really is...)
I think I replace my idea with yours since it sounds more interesting.

Another interesting move could be Hyper Beam. It's the same thing as Deoxys Hyper Beam, but it should definitely be smaller and less powerful than Deoxys Hyper Beam. And if it's too much, you could always replace Hyper Beam with Flash Cannon, or?

Otherwise, here's a few moves that sounds interesting for me, but I have no idea how they should work...

Gravity
This could be very interesting to see how this could work in Smash. In fact, could this be a possible Final Smash for Metagross?

Gyro Ball
Suits Metagross well I guess, but I don't want it to be like Bowser's Up Special...

Psychic
meh...

Metal Claw
I think this should be a neutral attack rather than a special attack.

Giga Impact
Sounds like another Meteor Mash for me... so I'm not really interested of this move...

Overall, not too bad. I mean, I can tell it was hard coming up with something, considering, Metagross isn't exactly the easiest thing to bring about a fresh idea, especially given its size, body structure, etc., trying not to make him overpowered, while trying not to make him suck, while also keeping his moves unique is probably a theorycrafter's hell, but what do I know?
His moveset is not the only reason why I want him in Smash. The main reason is actually his body structure, how he looks like compared with characters from Brawl. I mean, there aren't many characters that looks (or moves) like a spider, even though Metagross isn't really a spider. Yes, there's Porky, but I see him WAY too gimmicky as a playable character, so he should be a boss rather than playable. His typing is also quite unique (Steel/Psychic), which makes me wonder what he can bring to Smash world.

And compared with Tyranitar, Metagross is seriously more interesting than Tyranitar (TBH, even more interesting than Zoroark)...
If I want to see rocks and stuff, I'd rather pick Isaac
If I want to see a Godzilla (LOL, just an example) looking character, I'd rather pick Bowser

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that we should necessarily be striving to rep. each generation of Pokemon, but I've always thought that Scizor would be the best 2nd gen. representative. He was making bug/steel-types awesome way before Genesect, and he's already been in a Smash Bros game, so we might as well consider him a veteran and bump him up to playable character status, amirite? :awesome:

Anyways, I don't think he stands a real chance, but I still think he'd be amazingly cool, and I haven't seen him being discussed much, so I figured I'd bring him up. It just confuses me a bit that practically every other feasible semi-humanoid Pokemon but him generally gets brought up. I can't be alone on this, can I?!

And since everybody else is doing it:

Who wouldn't want to play as that?! (Note to those who didn't actually read my post: Not Garchomp. I hate that thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom