• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter For Smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

BALLOON FIGHTER

The nameless man who flies with only balloons strapped to his back first appeared in the arcades back in 1984 but really got his recognition on the NES remake in 1985. Many people compare it to the Williams Electronics' game, "Joust" but Joust never got as many games or cameo references as the Balloon Fight series. There was also a Balloon Fight game for the Game & Watch system. Balloon Fight for the NES was so successful that it got a sequel for the GameBoy called "Balloon Kid" even though it starred a young girl named Alice (Japan didn't get this game until it was released for the GameBoy Color but before that it did come to Japan on the Famicom where the characters were replaced with Hello Kitty characters.) Then many years later, a Japan only Club Nintendo game for the DS came out; It was a remake of the classic Balloon Fight game but the Balloon Fighter was only in the game's opening and was replaced with the Zelda character Tingle (if you want Tingle in the next Smash Bros., then you're looking in the wrong topic).

The Balloon Fight series has made a handful of cameo appearances in the Super Smash Bros. series. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, there was a Balloon Fight trophy, the original theme played in the Ice Climber stage "Icicle Mountain," and the Flipper appeared as an item in the game. In fact, game director Masahiro Sakurai once considered putting Balloon Fighter in the game as a playable character but couldn't get a working moveset for him so he went with the Ice Climbers instead.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl didn't have a playable Balloon Fighter either but there were still plenty of Balloon Fight cameos. A remix of the Balloon Trip was in the game, there were two stickers from Balloon Fight for the NES, and in the Ice Climber stage, "Summit," the evil fish from the games appears and eats anyone who's near or in the water for too long.

And now, the Balloon Fighter needs to playable in the next Super Smash Bros.

Discuss.

EXTRA CONTENT

Moveset (Created By SirKibble)
Balloon Fighter for Super Smash Bros. 4 Facebook page

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
As much as some people hate him, I think Balloon Fighter is a pretty tight character.

His balloon gimmicks could affect the way he plays. (For example) Two inflated balloons makes him as maneuverable in the air as Jigglypuff, while ONE inflated balloon has him more like Metaknight weight. NO balloons would basically mean, no multiple jumps (or flaps).

If done right, Ballon Fighter could be not only a great, unique character, but one of those where you have to be extra-strategic to win... And I always like that in a character, instead of being pure straightforward brute force.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
This would be awesome. He'd take a lot of creativity to come up with the right mechanics for his moveset, but I think that would be freaking sweet.

I don't know if he would ever get chosen as a character though since we have Ice Climbers, and I don't know if they'd ever consider making a serious reboot of the series like they did with Pit.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He'd kinda be like the "Captain Olimar of the air" character. He'd be able to fight without balloons on the ground, but in the air, he'd need 'em! And when he has them and he's on the ground, I imagine a lot of his moves would force opponents from the ground to the air to setup combos, chases, aerial battles, and good offensive positioning (for the Balloon Fighter). This could create a lot of unique offensive arsenals/meta-games for the Balloon Fighter that is like few other characters currently in smash.

Such a character (being not terribly underpowered or game-breaking OP viva las Smash 64 Pikachu) could also really mix up the match ups game! :grin: That particular aspect of the Balloon Fighter really interests me. That and the fact I grew up with a copy of Balloon Fight, and I love the simple yet fun co-op (yet also versus) multiplayer! :chuckle:

Also, the Balloon Fighter might be able to use some sort of gun. In the arcade artwork, there was some artwork of the Balloon Fighter using a gun. ;)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
balloon fighter is my first choice of classic nes era characters

followed by bubbles from clu clu land

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Dunno if I should support Balloon Fighter or Alice the Balloon Kid... Oh well, so long as I can play as a character that can kick butt with balloons I'm fine. Hope either him or Alice make it this time.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Hmm i dont agree with that moveset... no i do not.... so heres mine!

[COLLAPSE="moveset"]

balloon fighter
the real fighter

Balloon fighter would be a unique fighter because he would be a MEDIUM TO HEAVY WEIGHT and he'd be SMALL like about the size of diddy kong. And he'd of coarse be able to counter he's natural weight with balloons, and this almost always works in his favor cuz if he's hit upward he goes right through he's balloons popping them giving him he's weight back to fight against the upward force, but if hit sideways he'll usually miss at least one of his balloons giving him an amazing/light weight recovery.

Without any balloons Balloon fighters ground speed does not change nor does his air control speed, but balloon fighters aerial attacks DO change if he has no balloons, aswell his jump hight is not as high without them.

But the most important thing that balloons do is give him 4 extra jumps EACH, so with two balloons(his limit) he'll get 8 double jumps AND HE WILL ALSO BE VERY LIGHT so those jumps will really help.

GROUND ATTACKS
-------------------------------------------------------------
NTR AAA: triple pounders

Bfighter performes three slaps with each hand "left right LEFT" but unlike alot of jabs this attack moves across the floor very far about 3/4 falcos phantasm
it has weak damage however and slight knockback on the last hit

FTILT: nose top

Bfighter puts his nose to the floor he then rotates around his nose while spreading out his limbs like a star this facing down, this gets more distance then most of he's ground attacks. It causes a little knockback but 4% damage.

DTILT: pork chop

Bfighter chops his hand along the ground infront of him this is his fastest attack being as fast as lukas's Dtilt, but doing 1% damage.

UTILT: helm pop

Bfighter lowers his head and then swings it up causing heavy vertical knockback and can kill at 160% however it has slight lag.

DASH: belly wopper

Bfighter lands on his stomach and slides on it causing barrage style damage much like piplup, until he runs out of speed then he hops up on his feet.

AIR ATTACKS
*note all aerial attacks are different without balloons but not much different they just dont have the irregular movements without the balloons*

NTRAIR: wound up spin

Bfighter spins himself around winding the string(s) on his back up this causes little damage and knockback but then a 1/2 second later he'll spin back and if he hits you in the middle of this anim he can causing massive horizontal knockback this is one of his kill moves at 100%.

FAIR: swing kick

Bfighter launches himself forward feet first but his balloons stay put acting as a rotation point and then he'll swing back underneath the balloons after he kicks, but if he lands while kicking then the balloons move to the spot he landed at, so this can be used as a neat form of dodging. This a very irregular move it can be used for safe prodding, it does 4% damage and little knockback.

DAIR: stomp strike

Bfighter grabs the string(s) of his balloons and lifts himself near them and then thrusts downward with his feet causing a meteorsmash.

BAIR: back kick

The same as the Fair only facing backwards.

UAIR: balloon loop

Somewhat like metanights shuttle loop Bfighter loops around the balloons above him, and his feet are"of course" in front of him the entire time. This is an amazing attack because he does this very quickly and it does slight knockback so he can spam you.

GRAB ATTACKS

GRAB: grab?
He grabs you with his big hands

PUMMEL: helmbutt

He headbutts you

FTHROW: GO GO THROW

Bfighter leans back on one leg and then shifts his weight forword and throws you.

DTHROW: pudwnd

Bfighter jumps through you knocking you down with no knockback but sends himself into the air.

BTHROW: turnin toss

Bfighter tuns and throws you

UTHROW: static toss

Like mario's Uthrow tosses you up only unlike mario's there could be balloons above him(see Dspecial for more effects)

SMASH ATTACKS

FSMASH: balloon clap

Bfighter takes both balloon strings (if you have both if not then plays same anim but with one)then swings them horizontally infront of him sandwiching you between them causing electrical damage 14% and massive knockback.

DSMASH: whirling balloons

He takes both strings ans spins around leveling the balloons in a horizontal spin causing high knockback and around 8% normal damage.

USMASH: thunder clap

Bfighter takes both strings and much like DK's Usmash slams them above himself causing massive electrical damage 17% and causing impressive knockback.

SPECIAL MOVES

NTRSPECIAL: static sphere

Bfighter takes one of the balloons on his back and starts rubbing it frantically until a lightning ball appears (the faster you tab B the faster it appears), the ball sits in place for 20 seconds the ball is small and will ignore projectiles so it wont protect you from them but it does cause electrical damage to enemies who come in contact with it, and it doesn't vanish if contacted it simply causes barrage damage much like lukas's PK thunder.

BFORWARD: balloon toss

Bfighter takes one of the balloons on his back and tosses it in front of him it then slowly rises upward and if a playet touches it it attaches itself to the player decreasing the players weight significantly thus making the player alot easier to smash up the blastline, however the player can pop the balloon by doing an upward attack, So the main way of using this is to hit someone into a balloon making the player go an extra amount of distance.

DSPECIAL: inflate

Bfighter takes out a tirepump(as seen by the enemies in balloon fighter)and starts pumping a balloon the faster you tab B the faster the balloon inflates if a balloon finishes and your still tapping B he'll seamlessly start another one, when a balloon is finished it goes onto his back and floats above his head, the balloon has no priority over other attacks it will pop if hit. However if a player touches it they take 1% electrical damage and are hit above the balloon.

USPECIAL: abandon ship

Bfighter quickly puts his balloons beneath his feet and JUMPS off of them popping them in the proses, if he has two balloons he jumps about as high as dedede's Uspecial, if he has one balloon he jumps about as high as mario's second jump, if he doesn't have any..... well.... imagine popo without nana.

FINAL SMASH!!!

BALLOON TRIP

A storm of lightning balls starts moving from the left to the right each with random vertical location, on contact they work like a bunch of lightning piplups and drag you off to the right until you DIE MWAHAHA!!!

[/COLLAPSE]
Credits are mine and please use on OP if yeh like.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Been playing Balloon Fight on my 3DS a lot lately... I still think Tingle would be more suitable as he has more stuff to work with besides balloons.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Have you guys ever thought that the Battle Modes (with balloons) in the Mario kart games were inspired by Balloon Fighter?

On another note, the balloon gimmick would make him a rather unique character if he were to be in. The more balloons, means more aerial stability, least knockback, and more jumps/effective Up Special.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Idea for Final Smash:
Delta Strike

Every player other than Balloon fighter will gain a balloon above their head much bigger than his. The balloon will have a skull on it. Then a team of balloon fighters in black suits, helmets and shades swarm the field moving left and right from one edge of the screen to another in 3 waves. They fly quicker than Paluten's army does but they do less damage as they only do 8% damage when they hit you. If a delta fighter or opponent pops an enemies balloon then they instantly take 30% damage which can KO relatively easy. Not to mention that the waves don't stop just cause one of their balloons has been popped. They can still take extra damage damage from the delta fighters ramming into them.

D

Deleted member

Balloon Fighter would be interesting to say the least, and he seems to be highly recognized within Nintendo, however, Sakurai DID deny Balloon Fighter before because he'd be "useless if his balloons popped".
Granted, there's Olimar's dependancy on Pikmin, which could easily translate well to Balloon Fighter's dependancy on balloons, and thus could make Sakurai change his mind on that particular issue, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^I'd have to agree with this. I would love if Balloon Fighter go into Smash (when I heard Sakurai rejected him I was so sad), and I think, like Golden said, that Olimar (even though Sakurai himself probably came up with the moveset) shows that characters dependent on something can still work in Smash, which hopefully might get Sakurai to reconsider Balloon Fighter, especially now that Balloon Fight is (probably) reappearing in Nintendo Land.

Giving Balloon Fighter a pump seems like it could be included in the moveset with relatively little hassle, and would give BF a unique gimmick. He could have the most jumps (and/or further jumps) with two full balloons, half the amount with one, and only one or two small jumps with none. The balloons could either pop or get weaker over time or when attacked or as an attack or something, and he would need to refill them like Olimar replucks Pikmin. Well I could see it working, even if I don't have all the details figured out yet. :embarrass:

Anyway, I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. I've supported BF ever since I heard the Ice Climbers (who I wasn't fond of in Melee -- but have grown on me) got in over him. I would love to see him, but again like Golden said, as Sakurai has previously rejected the idea, I'm not going to hold my breath. Plus even if Sakurai changed his mind, I think at this point Takamaru would still get in over him as the "standard retro character" like the ICs or Pit.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Sakurai comment recently about his love of adding retro characters? If Takamaru does count for the "retro" slot, do you think Sakurai would consider two?

Balloon Fighter is iconic, and I feel that Sakurai didnt completely obliterate his chances with those comments. (At least I hope :c ) I feel like he used that reason to defend opting for Ice Climbers (Whom I actually love dearly haha).

I do feel he could look have a chance if Sakurai looks at him again. I love what N3ON said about the balloon mechanic.

Maybe it could be:

2 Balloons: Jiggs/Kirby style "multijump." Maybe other players can get slightly hurt by touching his feet?

1 Balloon: Very floaty double jump with slightly floaty "fall"

No Balloons: Basically Popo without Nana; double jump with poor recovery. Haha

If it WAS Kirby style with two balloons, what could his Up+B be? :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Didn't Sakurai comment recently about his love of adding retro characters? If Takamaru does count for the "retro" slot, do you think Sakurai would consider two?
Honestly, I doubt it. While Sakurai said that he would be including some "old Nintendo characters" I think between the set precedent of only adding one standard retro and the fact that there will probably be fewer newcomers this time around seems to point towards the inclusion of only one, which in likelihood will be Takamaru. Of course, it could be someone other than Takamara, but I'm pretty sure we'll only be getting one. Retro characters usually aren't the most requested or popular anyway.

Balloon Fighter is iconic, and I feel that Sakurai didnt completely obliterate his chances with those comments. (At least I hope :c ) I feel like he used that reason to defend opting for Ice Climbers (Whom I actually love dearly haha).

I do feel he could look have a chance if Sakurai looks at him again. I love what N3ON said about the balloon mechanic.
Yeah, I feel that just because Sakurai couldn't get him to work once doesn't mean he is completely off the table, but I also wouldn't say he has the best chances. At this point though, like I said above, I think Sakurai would pick another retro over him. And technically he did opt for Balloon Fighter before the Ice Climbers (as well as Excitebiker and Bubbles IIRC), but couldn't think of how to implement the balloons. I doubt he was lying about that, he really doesn't have any reason to.

While I'm not confident it will happen in SSB4, I have a feeling that Sakurai might look at him again one day, although that doesn't necessarily mean he will ever be included. And thanks! I just tried to think of a way balloons would add a gimmick without being popped and left balloon-less until the end of the battle. I might've not been able to come up with anything if not for Olimar. :laugh:

Good jumping ideas, that sort of how I imagined it. I could also see him damaging opponents slightly when footstool jumping them.

As for his up B, I was thinking that perhaps he could release air from one of his balloons, causing him to shoot upward, also knocking opponents out of his way, and giving him even better recovery (I see him as having one of the best recoveries), but afterwards he would be minus one balloon, which would necessitate him using his pump semi-regularly (which he could only use on the ground), to balance him out and make up for the ridiculous recovery. Of course, with six jumps he might not need the Up B very often, so maybe with two balloons he would only have something like four jumps (with both balloons they would still be very wide jumps though). Just an idea.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Anybody else think it would be a good idea to make his first two jumps have a lot less power in them and then any jump using the balloons would be much higher and have greater hang time.

slambros

Smash Ace
Balloon Fighter is a worthy addition.

I believe that Balloon Fighter is a worthy addition to Super Smash Bros. 4, and I have evidence. Balloon Fighter was one of the ten NES games to appear as a free game in the eshop for the 3ds if you got it early and was in the ambassador's program thing. Also, just look at the character. He even looks like a nice contendor. He is an old character, and Sakurai said that old characters will make appearances. So Balloon Fighter has a shot.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

Maybe it could be:

2 Balloons: Jiggs/Kirby style "multijump." Maybe other players can get slightly hurt by touching his feet?

1 Balloon: Very floaty double jump with slightly floaty "fall"

No Balloons: Basically Popo without Nana; double jump with poor recovery. Haha

And what if he was able to ripristinate both his ballons by taking the life heart and one baloon by taking the maxi tomato?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I support Balloon Fighter and I believe he could be a unique character.

What if he lost his balloon after recieving a certain amount of damage but one of his specials was to reinflate his balloon. It would only be able to do it if he was on the ground and it would take time for him blow it up. Then if he recieves the same amount of damage it will pop again. So he wouldn't be useless if he has a lot of damage.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I support Balloon Fighter and I believe he could be a unique character.

What if he lost his balloon after recieving a certain amount of damage but one of his specials was to reinflate his balloon. It would only be able to do it if he was on the ground and it would take time for him blow it up. Then if he recieves the same amount of damage it will pop again. So he wouldn't be useless if he has a lot of damage.
Not bad of an idea. One idea I've had for him that could also work was this: the more balloons he has on his back, the more jumps he can perform: 2 Balloons=6 Jumps, 1 Balloon=4 Jumps, & No Balloons=2 Jumps. But to balance that, for every balloon you have on you (max would be 2) the more work/time you'll need to inflate the next balloon (Probably make that his Up B and can only inflate balloons when he's on the ground).

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman

I had an idea!

I think it would be really neat to have it where that his "Down+B" could be an attack as well, instead of just a necessary move like Oimar's! Almost like a defensive attack. When Balloon Fighter uses "Down B" to pump up a balloon, he has a couple of options.

His Balloon can't get popped when it's under-inflated, and it can hold it's inflation similar to the charge on Samus or Lucario. But when it hits the "right" spot to add it to his back, there would be like a "done" sound or the balloon glows for a second. If the player stops pumping at that time, he keeps it. Once it's fully inflated it is vulnerable to be popped. and if the player continues to pump after that window of time, it starts to over-inflate.

So at that moment the player has a choice: To keep it, and use it to increase recovery OR to continue to inflate it.

Here's where it gets strategical:

If the player chooses to over-inflate it, he won't attach it to himself, and players can still attack. But once's it's even a little bit over-inflated, if an opponent attacks you the balloon pops and does damage and knock back to the opponent. So for opponents they would have to try to pop it with projectiles had a safe distance. For the player, since the balloon hold it's charge, strategy would be to try to get near players and have them "accidentally" pop it.

The limit to this is if B.F. accidentally OVER inflates way too much, it'll pop on him and knock him out like a "Shield break" does. :)

His "Up+B" could be "Balloon Pop" where he sacrifices one of his balloons and pops it under him so he's projected in any direction. Like Fox's Fire Bird. :)

His "Side+B" could be "Balloon Deflate" where he sacrifices one of his balloons and deflates it to blow opponents away (doesn't cause damage, but very strong gust). Same with "Inflate" it holds it's inflation if you don't use up all the air in the balloon!

For his standard "B" I had some trouble. I thought of "Bolt" where he sends out a projectile "thunder bolt" like the clouds do in the game :)

What do you guys think?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I had an idea!

I think it would be really neat to have it where that his "Down+B" could be an attack as well, instead of just a necessary move like Oimar's! Almost like a defensive attack. When Balloon Fighter uses "Down B" to pump up a balloon, he has a couple of options.

His Balloon can't get popped when it's under-inflated, and it can hold it's inflation similar to the charge on Samus or Lucario. But when it hits the "right" spot to add it to his back, there would be like a "done" sound or the balloon glows for a second. If the player stops pumping at that time, he keeps it. Once it's fully inflated it is vulnerable to be popped. and if the player continues to pump after that window of time, it starts to over-inflate.

So at that moment the player has a choice: To keep it, and use it to increase recovery OR to continue to inflate it.

Here's where it gets strategical:

If the player chooses to over-inflate it, he won't attach it to himself, and players can still attack. But once's it's even a little bit over-inflated, if an opponent attacks you the balloon pops and does damage and knock back to the opponent. So for opponents they would have to try to pop it with projectiles had a safe distance. For the player, since the balloon hold it's charge, strategy would be to try to get near players and have them "accidentally" pop it.

The limit to this is if B.F. accidentally OVER inflates way too much, it'll pop on him and knock him out like a "Shield break" does. :)

His "Up+B" could be "Balloon Pop" where he sacrifices one of his balloons and pops it under him so he's projected in any direction. Like Fox's Fire Bird. :)

His "Side+B" could be "Balloon Deflate" where he sacrifices one of his balloons and deflates it to blow opponents away (doesn't cause damage, but very strong gust). Same with "Inflate" it holds it's inflation if you don't use up all the air in the balloon!

For his standard "B" I had some trouble. I thought of "Bolt" where he sends out a projectile "thunder bolt" like the clouds do in the game :)

What do you guys think?
Seem strategically perfect to me. I like how you made most of the special moves dependent on the moves unlike all the other Balloon Fighter movesets I've seen. The Neutral Special actually fits hit since he does looks like a "Classic Mario". The Side Special is genius since it's a keep away technique more logical than a Flipper. The Flipper was once and item and should always be an item instead of an uninspired move. The Up Special is actually more unique instead of the generic flapping that you see in all Balloon Fighter movesets. Not only it gives him a non-overpowered boost, it also sacrifices a balloon. The idea of hurting a victim with the balloon while being pumped is great since it's more realistic that way. Great thinking! I'll go ahead and show this to the rest of the fans on my Balloon Fighter page. ;)

D

Deleted member

I think you should submit that idea to Sakurai.

Even if there's the likely chance he'll ignore it, at least it shows him how Balloon Fighter can work around his balloon loss problem.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Seem strategically perfect to me. I like how you made most of the special moves dependent on the moves unlike all the other Balloon Fighter movesets I've seen. The Neutral Special actually fits hit since he does looks like a "Classic Mario". The Side Special is genius since it's a keep away technique more logical than a Flipper. The Flipper was once and item and should always be an item instead of an uninspired move. The Up Special is actually more unique instead of the generic flapping that you see in all Balloon Fighter movesets. Not only it gives him a non-overpowered boost, it also sacrifices a balloon. The idea of hurting a victim with the balloon while being pumped is great since it's more realistic that way. Great thinking! I'll go ahead and show this to the rest of the fans on my Balloon Fighter page. ;)
Thank you! I went ahead and liked the page! :) haha

I think you should submit that idea to Sakurai.

Even if there's the likely chance he'll ignore it, at least it shows him how Balloon Fighter can work around his balloon loss problem.
Thank you! That really means a lot. :) Do you think I should just tweet it to him, or reply to a random tweet of his? I know there's a 90% chance it won't faze him but I think twitter would be my best bet maybe.. haha

D

Deleted member

I think you should tweet it to him, but be sure to make reference to what he had said before about Balloon Fighter.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Balloon Fighter would be a fine character for Smash. I fully support him.

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
Lovin the moveset on Balloon Fighter you should definitely tweet this

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Far as I remember they tried to put him in Melee, but couldn't get him to work.
Luckily they're a much more experienced team now and they have a lot more time, so it's entirely possible.

I'd love to see it.

I think you should tweet it to him, but be sure to make reference to what he had said before about Balloon Fighter.
I think we can all agree the tweeting Sakurai is the most pointless thing ever.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Oh my deity that's one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen, Onyx. Seriously, that's fantastic.

I had flaccid support for the Balloonist before, but that image paints a picture for a freaking awesome character.

Good stuff!
Lovin the moveset on Balloon Fighter you should definitely tweet this
Thanks you guys!! Seriously, thank you for the support on the moveset. :) I'd kill for Sakurai to see it.

Far as I remember they tried to put him in Melee, but couldn't get him to work.
Luckily they're a much more experienced team now and they have a lot more time, so it's entirely possible.

I'd love to see it.

I think we can all agree the tweeting Sakurai is the most pointless thing ever.
I have to agree about the Tweeting though... :\ It's worth a shot although there's a 1/1000000 chance that he'd even read it...

But you never know haha If I did I would ask if you guys could help by getting a retweet or two :p but I think that's the best I could do in terms of trying to get this idea to him.

But KillerCRS, we CAN hope that the experienced team can make it work this time. :)

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Bump!

But with a cause.

New information about the Balloon Fight minigame on Nintendoland. So CONFIRMED for 1/12th of Nintendo Land being related to the Balloon Fighting franchise :)

From Game Informer:
- Balloon Fight Trip Breeze is another attraction
- float through side-scrolling levels
- these are filled with electrified spikes, crazy birds and hungry fish
- use the GamePad to draw gusts of wind to direct your Mii
- make it as far as you can
- GamePad offers zoomed-in view, TV shows complete playing field
- wind storms will knock you about
- deliver packages as well

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wouldn't mind Balloon Fighter in Smash. I kinda liked the NES game. It's just that I'd rather see other retro characters (Duck Hunt Dog, Muddy Mole, Takamaru) more.

Also, I knew it was Balloon Fight in Nintendo Land since day one. It was kinda obvious. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't mind Balloon Fighter in Smash. I kinda liked the NES game. It's just that I'd rather see other retro characters (Duck Hunt Dog, Muddy Mole, Takamaru) more.

Also, I knew it was Balloon Fight in Nintendo Land since day one. It was kinda obvious. ;)
We all knew they wouldn't leave him out of Nintendo Land since he is the most referenced of all retro Nintendo characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom