• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!! leon for sma4sh

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman

So you think leons just gonna be a wolf clone?
THINK AGAIN!!! leons got possibilities coming out his... mouth? Yah MOUTH! CUZ HE'S GOT A TONGUE thats right a space animal with a ranged grab:smirk: plus his tail is actualy LONG and can be used in some serious camping... but other then that i suppose he'd play something like wolf?

Nonetheless LEON IS AWESOME AND DESERVES RESPECT!!
or at least more then... krystal... i mean come on wheres krystal in starfox643D?? Now obviously she's not there because she's not in the original but still thats no excuse!
Krystal wasnt there and leon was so i call that an advantage!

And here's a few more advantages that leon has over others from starfox

1\\\\ what i just said above leon is fresher to the series then other chars like krystal or panther

2\\\\ leon has an easy place next to wolf sense leon is like falco is to fox

3\\\\ leons potential as a professional char is fantastic

4\\\\ he's a reasonable size in comparison to chars like andraus(did i spell that wrong?)

5\\\ more villains!!

Here's a link to wiki if your interested http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Leon_Powalski

So theres some stuff about leon but this wouldent be a suport thread without a moveset so i'll do the best i can...

LEONS SPECIAL MOVESET

NTR SPECIAL (proximity mine)
Leon tosses a disk like thing that goes in an arch if it contacts a player it simply ignores the player, but if it touches a wall or floor it then sticks and opens up if the player then contacts it then it blows up!! With minimal damage
there can only be two in the room at once

SIDE SPECIAL (the leon leap/leon piledriver)

But thats just one of its uses leon can also recover with it in two ways (first) it acts alot like the monkey homp? So you can leap back on stage (second) but another thing about this move is that leons TAIL will tether to a ledge if you leap AWAY FROM IT

And naturally if your committing leonside AND YOUR TAIL IS TETHERED THEN!! <.< >.> YOU TOSS THE PLAYER UNDERNEATH THE STAGE

DOWN SPECIAL (cloaking device)

How it works is it starts with little lag and he vanishes for about 10 sec but there are alot of ways to reappear
1 press Bdown again
2 get hit by anything
3 attack in anyway
4 wait it out
but still that doesn't mean you cant invisible ledge hog lol

UP SPECIAL (cold blooded cool down)

Keeping with the mood of the space animals leon launches himself in the direction of your choosing but unlike the other space animals he causes frost damage

So please comment and criticize i love both :)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Edit your post, and select "Go Advanced". It should allow you to change the title there.

Here's a more updated pic of Leon, by the way, if you want to use it:

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Edit your post, and select "Go Advanced". It should allow you to change the title there.

Here's a more updated pic of Leon, by the way, if you want to use it:

Thanx a bunch
And the more leon the better!!

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's another image of Leon, just as an extra reference...

Anyway, I'd like to see what Leon can do in a battle. Fox has his rival, so it's only fitting if Falco's rival enters the fray too. Maybe his moveset could be related to assassins, seeing as he is one.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Leon is in my opinion still a tad more viable then Krystal for the fact that he's a psychotic assassin, the rival of Falco, has the advantage of seniority, and is not furry fanservice and has different cosmetics. It does help a tad that Leon is the only veteran on the Star Wolf team, along with Wolf himself. So hypothetically Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Leon fighting to the death would make sense in a Smash Bros. context.

But at the same time, he's not exactly the top choice when people think of a playable character. Another problem is a move set potential, although being an assassin chameleon does help a tad.

D

Deleted member

Leon using his tounge like Yoshi is like Falco using his wings to fly.

It just doesn't happen. :p

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Wow I'm surprised someone besides myself would love to see this character. LEon is one of my favorite Starfox characters and favorite Starfox villain. Too bad the chances are pretty low

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Wow I'm surprised someone besides myself would love to see this character. LEon is one of my favorite Starfox characters and favorite Starfox villain. Too bad the chances are pretty low
Dont say that man!!! As long as we believe anythings possible T^T

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't thinking exactly like Yoshi but since you mention it :rotfl:
Dude when i imagine leon using his tongue
as a grab i see something like (he stretches out his seemingly endless tongue and wrap's it around your neck then he reels you back to about the distance he can hold you with both hands and then starts strangling) seeee nothing like yoshi at all:teeth:*evil laugh*

Besides ghirahim will be doing it so why not leon?:troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Leon: Listen, I'm no frog!! Don't try to stick us in the same group.

Yeah I know that Yoshi isn't a frog, but he does have a frog-like tongue. But Leon does have a point, since frogs are not reptiles, while chameleons are.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If another Star Wolf member should be playable, it would be Leon since he is Wolf's most trustworthy partner and been around longer in the games.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dreams are overrated anyway. All it leads to is anarchy, chaos, destruction, and tax collectors.

But I digress, let people dream what they want to dream. It's going to kill everyone, but at least we'll have fun.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I think Krystal is a much better choice than Leon, and since I don't think we'll see more than 1 new Star Fox character (or maybe none), then, yeah... He could always appear as an assist trophy or along the rest of Star Wolf in a new Final Smash for Wolf.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Leon is pretty much the Falco to Wolf's Fox - I would very much enjoy his presence over the other options, if we must get a 4th Star Fox.

majora_787

Smash Hero
As unlikely as he is due to Starfox not really needing more representation at all, I would gladly accept Leon over Krystal. He would most likely have more potential for being interesting. But he probably wouldn't end up in a game until what.

SSB 10: "We've got no more characters to add unless we add more Starfox."

*joking*

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Puddle(oasis) and mexican take out(habanero) THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT DREAMS ITS A THREAD ABOUT LEON!!!

Jakor try sucking her mammal ****** then we can talk

Bot david and majora keep up the support cuz no one knows the phrase its not easy being green... like leon...

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I would be more hyped to see Leon than Krystal. So lets hope Nintendo considers him over her!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
NTR SPECIAL (proximity mine)
Leon tosses a disk like thing that goes in an arch if it contacts a player it simply ignores the player, but if it touches a wall or floor it then sticks and opens up if the player then contacts it then it blows up!! With minimal damage
there can only be two in the room at once
Now you say if it makes contact with a player, it simply ignores them. So will the mine disappear or simply phase through the opponent as it makes its way to the floor/wall? Also some info on how much damage and knockback would be pretty useful.

SIDE SPECIAL (the leon leap/leon piledriver)

But thats just one of its uses leon can also recover with it in two ways (first) it acts alot like the monkey homp? So you can leap back on stage (second) but another thing about this move is that leons TAIL will tether to a ledge if you leap AWAY FROM IT

And naturally if your committing leonside AND YOUR TAIL IS TETHERED THEN!! <.< >.> YOU TOSS THE PLAYER UNDERNEATH THE STAGE
The last part with tethering the stage while committing "Leoncide" seems like it will take some time to program, but could still work, though how fast would the opponent fall further after Leon lets go of him/her after tethering?

DOWN SPECIAL (cloaking device)

How it works is it starts with little lag and he vanishes for about 10 sec but there are alot of ways to reappear
1 press Bdown again
2 get hit by anything
3 attack in anyway
4 wait it out
but still that doesn't mean you cant invisible ledge hog lol
I can definitely see this being made into Leon's moveset, considering he's a chameleon and an assassin, so it certainly works. The invisibility needs to not be too extreme though (Meta Knights' Infinite Dimensional Cape extreme), so maybe make it so that he's generally hard to see, but can be made out by following a hard-to-see silhouette that blends into the background... if that makes sense.

UP SPECIAL (cold blooded cool down)

Keeping with the mood of the space animals leon launches himself in the direction of your choosing but unlike the other space animals he causes frost damage
So it's like Fox/Falco's Up B, but with ice? Yeah, it can work, and it gives him more of a Cold-blooded image, so yeah.
While his chances are generally low, it isn't so much to the point where his addition would be surprising, so even though I'm not exactly expecting to see him myself, I know he's still popular enough to warrant an inclusion.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
Leon would be the next star fox character behind krystal. What i like is that he would be different than fox and falco and would have his own unique fighting system. his strength would be about like fox though and maybe have the speed of falco

majora_787

Smash Hero
Leon would be the next star fox character behind krystal. What i like is that he would be different than fox and falco and would have his own unique fighting system. his strength would be about like fox though and maybe have the speed of falco
... This is why he should be in OVER Krystal. He would be different from Fox and Falco, and would have a unique way of working.

Unless of course Sakurai forgot he was making a Leon set and not Fox McCloud IV, and ruined him forever. Which I guess would be possible if they were feeling lazy, but seriously.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Soldiviner:
I imagine the proximity mine to do about as much knockback as snakes grenade
And when i say it "ignores" i mean its intangible while its in the air, but when it touches a solid object it activates.
So you can throw it behind someone for tactical advantage

What i meant to say about the leon leap
was that leonside goes straight down.
But if you've tethered to a ledge then "he'll make an arch" swing and toss you slightly upward and mostly to the side specifically the side underneath the stage

I'll admit turning invisible might be a little... well
So maybe he's cloaking device would glitch every second or so?

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
... This is why he should be in OVER Krystal. He would be different from Fox and Falco, and would have a unique way of working.

Unless of course Sakurai forgot he was making a Leon set and not Fox McCloud IV, and ruined him forever. Which I guess would be possible if they were feeling lazy, but seriously.
I would like to see him over krystal but I just don't think he has the popularity but if he was in ssb4 he would gain a lot

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

While I support Leon more than Krystal, Krystal could be pretty unique too. She would use her staff from Starfox adventures.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
hmm... like characters such as Zoroark, he could be a trickster type of character. I like the idea of a cloaking device special move, it would be reminiscent of chameleons and their hiding capabilities while keeping the sci-fi aspect of Star Fox. and his Ice based up special is an interesting choice. since he's an assassin, why not using knives as weapons?

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
hmm... like characters such as Zoroark, he could be a trickster type of character. I like the idea of a cloaking device special move, it would be reminiscent of chameleons and their hiding capabilities while keeping the sci-fi aspect of Star Fox. and his Ice based up special is an interesting choice. since he's an assassin, why not using knives as weapons?
Hay thats a neat idea cuz wolf uses a Bladed blaster aswell so it could be like a starwolf thing to use spikes blades and knives?

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
If what you mean by "departure" is that we'll lose a free roster slot? Then i know that all to well, however this thread revolves around the hope that SF gets a 5th rep and possibility that it might not get a new rep at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom