• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Development History - Updated 3/22

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since you can't hype or debate without any info. This thread is reserved for posting sources/links to various articles related to the creation/development of the Smash Bros. Series, interviews, 3rd party thoughts, polls, and of course, new SSB4 information.

Hopefully this makes it easier to find and locate information to use for other discussions and debates in the near future. It will be updated slowly over time as new information and questions come up.

Feel free to discuss or ask questions about certain articles and sources, just remember that discussion not related to any of the sources posted should go to their respective threads, as this is not a place for discussing what you would like to see in the next game such as characters and stages. Major updates and announcements (like daily Smash Dojo stuff) for the next game can be found summarized in the Update Forum as provided by the Admins.

For helping get a lot of this together I'd like to give credit to the following people:

ChronoBound, Shortiecanbrawl, Starphoenix, and ToiseofChoice, as well as the members of the Smash 4 Commnity Hangout for helping get this started.

A Special Round of Thanks goes to PushDustin for his translation and data mining work.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dojos

The Original Dojo
The Original English Dojo
Melee Dojo
The Original Brawl Dojo
Brawl Dojo
Smash Wii U & 3DS Dojo
Super Smash Bros. on Miiverse

Various 64 and Melee Information

Sir Ilpalazzo's Character Essay - A well written summery of what we know about Melee's (and some of 64's) development.
Melee Poll Results - The results of the character poll conducted on the original 64 Dojo.
Translations of some of the fan mail from the Melee Dojo - Mentions of Takamaru and Sukapon as possible playable characters in the future.
Sakurai on Roy in Melee
A Reflection on Melee's Development - Says Melee was meant for the hardcore while Brawl for casual, says not to expect another Smash like Melee in the future.

Sakurai on Victory and Defeat - Not directly Smash related but it basically talks about some of his views on competitive play.

Famitsu Sakurai Interview from 2002 - Talks about 64's development, has some unproven parts (feel free to ask which), so take with some salt.
Famitsu Sakurai Interview from 2002 - Same as above, just about Melee.

Brawl Information

GDC 2008 - Includes how Sakurai picks characters. Courtesy of Thinkaman
More GDC 2008 - A much more in-depth, but lengthy summary than the link above. Definitely is an article Smash fans should look at.
More Info Related to Brawl Newcomers - Talks about Diddy and Dixie, Ike, Animal Crossing
Brawl Demo Video Collection - Courtesy of Johnknight
An Old Brawl Demo Thread - Mostly here for nostalgia and interesting Pre-Brawl rumors
Brawl Fanmail Translations - Courtesy of SamuraiPanda
Sakurai on Brawl's Online - Talks about his disappointment with it and dislike of Taunt Parties, his team and hardware limitations, seems open to the idea of having patches
NOA on NeoGAF
How Pac-Man Almost Got Into Brawl

Sakurai Interview: Brawl 1 - A question by question summary of the 2006 Developer's Conference which was where Brawl was first revealed.
Sakurai Interview: Brawl 2 - Quick talk about the 5 newcomers from Brawl's E3 06 Trailer and why he included them.
Sakurai Interview: Brawl 3 - Was conducted shortly after GDC 2008
Sakurai Interview: Brawl 4 - A video interview on Brawl's development.
Sakurai Interview: Brawl 5 - A reflection on Brawl's development.
Sakurai Interview: Brawl 6 - Famitsu stuff and Smash 4 mentions

[COLLAPSE="Nintendo Power Interview Scans from yours truly:"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Information

Wii U & 3DS Developer Direct - Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U

Sakurai Interview: SSB4 1 - States that Namco Bandai doesn't get any special treatment, that Mega Man was a special case.
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 2 - Says he's trying to make a balance between Melee & Brawl's gameplay
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 3 - Sakurai himself weighs in on the "Is Smash a fighting game" controversy
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 4 - Basically says Roster Making is stressful
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 5 - Talks about Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 6 - Talks about his work schedule/ethic
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 7 - More balance talk, mentions 1v1 and 4 player matches,
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 8 - Little Mac
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 9 - Talks about Lucina, Robin, and Chrom
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 10 - Talks about Pac-Man
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 11
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 12 - More on his thoughts about finding a hardcore/casual balance
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 13 - Cutting the Ice Climbers
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 14 - Talks about Duck Hunt, 8 Player Smash planned for Melee
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 15 - Talks about Clone Characters/Alternate Costumes
Sakurai Interview: SSB4 16 - Bowser Jr., Greninja and Namco Bandai

Designing Greninja - EDIT: See SSB4 16
Transforming Character Talk - Because of 3DS Limitations
Clone Characters
Stage Selection
Smash Tour Mode

Post Smash 4 Information/DLC

Little Mac in For Glory
Why Mewtwo isn't Paid DLC
No Premium DLC is Planned

No more Balance Updates Beyond Version 1.0.4 - Will Update Once Fully Translated, has Mewtwo mentions, and potential mentions of certain overwhelming characters online, will still make online patches but only character patches if something truly broken/problematic happens

Takamaru

Miscellaneous Smash Information

Sakurai and Kobiyashi's Brief SSB4 Speeches
Harada on why Nintendo and Namco got together
Sakurai on Retro Characters - Makes mention that he plans to use Smash 4 to revive older characters
How Pokemon Newcomers are Selected - Says they're looking for memorable Pokemon, looks to the various Pokemon media for ideas,
Why Ridley Doesn't Work as a Playable Character - Knows he's popular, but states he'd be convoluted to design/program and would have to take away from the character himself to make him work

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Info from Hacked Files from Previous Games

General Beta/Hacking Stuff

64 - Pics from hacking
64 - Unused Sounds, what is believed to be Final Smashes such as PK Starstorm and Blue Falcon.
Melee - Pics of hacks, etc.
Brawl - Pics of every file in Brawl
Brawl - More Pics, mostly of unused textures, trophies, music files, etc.
Brawl - The Old Beta/Hacking thread
Brawl - Almost didn't need a dual-layer disc
SSB4 - Rhythm Heaven, Swapnote, and Dr. Mario Character/Stage evidence

Iwata Asks

Iwata Asks: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Iwata Asks: FE11 Sakurai Edition - Has some talk about Fire Emblem's role in Smash, mentions that he just missed being able to use Marth's FE11 design, Narihito notably comments on Marth and Ike's popularity.
Iwata Asks: KI Uprising - Makes mentions of Smash 4 and how to expect it to be just as high in quality.
Iwata Asks: Pre-Smash 4 - Mostly asks Sakurai questions about what he's brain storming for the game.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Did You Know Gaming? - posting here mostly for fun

There's just a few things that I feel that I should mention they got wrong or forgot:

1. The Melee poll was from fans, not the developers. Sorry Mew, Banjo Kazooie, and 007 fans, there is no proof they were ever planned.
2. They forgot that Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight was given some thought according to translated Melee Dojo Emails
3. They forgot that Dixie Kong was originally planned to be a tag team character with Diddy.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Great idea, ---, I have to say, this will be a great way to get a decent idea of what he can expect, and even discuss as Smash 4 moves further in development.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think this thread should be stickied (yo mods and admins, do it!). ;) You got loads of content on here that many of the new posters/those unfamiliar with this content could use.

Specifically this could stop people from posting threads about how their favorite non-video game characters should be playable, or characters who have never appeared on Nintendo consoles should be playable. Hopefully if such threads become a menace, such information would allow the moderators and administrators to close those kinds of threads, just like they did on the pre-Brawl release Brawl Boards! :laugh:

I. Brawl Demo Gameplay/Pre-Release Gameplay Stuff:
Here is a link to the English version of the 2nd trailer, first released at Nintendo Space World in November of 2006. Note that the 1st Brawl trailer was more of a teaser (with very little gameplay shown), whereas this trailer was predominately gameplay.[COLLAPSE="Here are some things I noticed about it now and pre-Brawl/were noticed about it pre-Brawl by other people:"]-The demo gameplay basically looks like a modified version of Melee, although it is easy to tell it is a different engine (the Havok engine to be more precise).

-At 0:07-0:09, look at Mario. It appears that Mario either L-cancels his forward air, or it had less after lag. That move has quite a bit more post-lag in the final release Brawl. Perhaps this is similar to the L-cancelling that was "discovered" at E For All Demo in about a year after that (in 2007), or this was pulled off by doing that.

-From 0:34-0:36, the crowd cheers (for Link?) on Pokémon Stadium 2. Something to note. (I don't remember such cheering being in Brawl or on Pokémon Stadium 2)

-From 0:38 to 0:48 you can see :wariobrawl:. His movement is a bit different than what was in the final game. It reminded myself and many others of the movement of :gwmelee:.

-At 1:26, a tower background (behind Snake) from Shadow Moses Island is shown that was at least partially modified in the final game.
-Some similar background (that was either changed, modified, moved, or isn't viewable without hacks in Brawl) is shown at 2:02, again, behind Snake.

-At 2:05, pause. Look at Meta Knight (on the stage Haleberd). Meta Knight appears to waveland. Wavelanding is an advanced technique from Melee that was cut in Brawl's final game. Heck, wavelanding (and wavedashing) were even cut from the Brawl demos. Wavelanding (and wavedashing) in Melee are performed by pushing the air dodge button (L or R) in the air, and pushing down (right or left) on the control stick (for wavedashing, you press X or Y slightly to short hop before all this). Considering how far Meta Knight wavelanding (and that he literally wavelanding off the top platform), that would have been amongst the best wavelands in Melee.[/COLLAPSE]Also, you referenced my pre-Brawl demo videos=??? :embarrass: Woaw, I'm glad I had some good information. It certainly is interesting how much Brawl looked like Melee. In that E For All (November 2007) demo alone, there was actual L-cancelling, although from what it was described, it sounded weird (watch the Gimpyfish video "Brawl Talks" on that playlist). For more E For All demo information, click here (and look at the 3 linked threads on that page) for what was in/wasn't in the E For All demo. ;) Also, I got another thread on E For All (lol at my post, aka post #6); this one is by Gimpyfish.

Here is some information from the JumpFesta Brawl demo back in December of 2007 (somewhere around Christmas time). I think only a few videos from JumpFesta exist, and if they do, they're most likely on my pre-Brawl video playlist on ---'s second post (under "Brawl Information").

II. Brawl-Related Interviews:

Here is an interview with head Nintendo of America localize expert/translator/all around BAMF Nate Bihldorff about translating Brawl from Japanese to English from October 2007.

The Head of Nintendo of America, Perrin Kaplan, talks about the Brawl delay. Brawl went from a 2007 release to a 2008 release, which later was actually pushed back a bit (or a lot for the PAL release). The interview was with the Wired Network in October of 2007.

III. Brawl Character Leaks/Brawl Leak Information:

Eiji Anouma kinda sorta accidentally (maybe?) confirmed Sheik (and how she had an unused model from Twilight Princess), Zelda, and Ganondorf in Brawl in August of 2007, well before either characters were confirmed on the Dojo. The interview was with Game Informer.

CoroCoro cards confirmed Sheik before the Dojo update. Note that some of those old links don't work, and that CoroCoro was given quite a few unique screenshots of Brawl, sometimes before such pictures were on the Dojo; some pictures weren't even shown on the Dojo.
[COLLAPSE="Click here for some pictures I found"]Below is Zelda's attack information

Below is Zelda's Final Smash, Light Arrow (before it was confirmed/posted on the Smash Dojo)

Below is the first picture of Sheik in Brawl

Below is a scan of the whole 2 pages of CoroCoro on Zelda. Note there was one for every confirmed character up to that point (every starter minus Olimar and Sheik I believe, plus Snake and Sonic since they were confirmed)
[/COLLAPSE]Another interesting thing I can't find is that David Hayter (the English voice actor of Solid Snake and a young Naked Snake/Big Boss) during an interview around December 2007/January 2008 kinda sorta confirmed Jigglypuff (sorta reminiscent of Shigeru Miyamoto kinda confirming Jigglypuff in Melee). I can't find the video of it, but if somebody could post the link to said video, that would be great! :)

A few weeks before Brawl was released in Japan, Nintendo put up videos of showing off the new content in Brawl. One of the videos showed stickers, in which two pictures of one of these videos accidentally confirmed Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Ness (on the bottom right screen) via their icons next to other previously confirmed playable characters; :ptbrawl:, :lucasbrawl:, and :pikachubrawl:. The video was swiftly removed, but other people uploaded it or got pictures of it. Here is a link to a video for proof (again, thanks to mai smash brothah Gimpyfish). [COLLAPSE="For those of you who like pictures, here you go!"]Note Jigglypuff and Lucario's icons in the picture below

Note Ness' icon in the picture below
[/COLLAPSE]I can't seem to find the original re-uploaded video, but I'll be sure to post it here once I find it. If someone else finds it, POST IT!!!

Most of you know this, but Brawl opening actually re-confirmed Ness was in Brawl, as well as confirmed Marth was in Brawl. Here's a link to a video of Brawl's opening.

IV. Miscellaneous Information Regarding Super Smash Bros.:

SmashBoards poll thread (by ChronoBound) from 2010 about which 1 specific cut character people would like to return for Smash 4. Not a huge sample size, but an interesting poll nonetheless. It is more data for us to have, at least. :rolleyes: (also, I think we could use shortie's poll results Triple Dash)

Also, I think this quote from SamuraiPanda's pre-Brawl Translation Thread is required reading for everyone. This is some seriously GREAT information.[COLLAPSE="Click here to read it"]
SamuraiPanda said:
#31-40: Sakurai starts by saying there won't be any manga characters. Then he begins talking about other companies characters to appear in the game. Among other things, Sakurai says that the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform before. And to literally translate the last sentence (keep in mind this is in reference to the characters from other companies): "Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters [after Snake], maybe?"

#31-40: Non-Nintendo characters (aka 3rd party characters) added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform. The tentative number of non-Nintendo characters to be added is 1-2.

#71-80: The speed of the game will be "moderated." Unclear whether this means slower or faster, but slower is more likely.

#71-80: Every character's ability is being refined from the very beginning in order to allow "more freedom" in aerial combat.

#81-90: Not all characters will return.

#81-90: Ah yes, my big translation. This is the translation that started this all. I cut down the original post a bit because it was so long:

After my initial quick translation that I posted on GameFAQs, I was bombarded with people shouting "LIAR! NOT TRUE! STFU TROLLER!" so I decided to post a full translation.

"In order to prove you naysayers wrong, here is a full, nearly exact, translation of what he said. My own personal commentary is provided in the [ ].

DISCLAIMER: Sakurai uses very ambiguous language in his response. So try not to nitpick the English in this passage too much.

"Sorry. I'm not very smart but I can't tell a lie so I'm just going to write it.
As for the previous game's characters, some of them will disappear. Definitely.

For the last game, we struggled to assemble 26 characters. We tried really hard and unintentionally reached that number.

But, although you'll see characters from the last game, this time, on a significant scale [Yes, this is exact], they will be remade. It is this sort of thing [This sentence is slang, so there really isn't a good English translation for it].

For argument's sake, no matter how much staff there is, with just manpower we can’t just put in everything, and as my own job [read: workload] does not decrease, there is a limit.

But, the consumer’s desired things to be included [There really isn’t a good English equivalent for that word] are weeeeell understood. You will be [he doesn’t give a subject to the sentence, so I’m using ‘you’] happy regarding the adapted characters moving around on different stages as well [The email he is responding to complained about how there are only 3 stages from SSB that are stages in SSBM, so I guess this infers that there wont be a whole lot of previous stages].

So, we will once again struggle to create characters. I cannot promise you anything other than that.”

#121-130: Just like in SSB and SSBM, in SSBB some attacks will be weaker than others on purpose.

#141-150: If they add online functionality to the game (they are still working out technical difficulties), they do not plan to add a ranking system to online battles.

#161-170: "This time, we'd like to stress easiness over the small details of combat, so overall it might become somewhat easier."

#171-180: Now that Smash is world-renowned, they don't want to include characters only popular in Japan. However, due to the success of the Fire Emblem characters, they still may.

#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done).
[/COLLAPSE]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Johnknight: None of that stuff I think I'll add to the main posts, that stuff doesn't really add in too much with whats there except maybe the Pre-Brawl trailer stuff which I'll think about. Also already have the SamuraiPanda thread. :p

@Mario_Sonic: Well thanks, I hope people start using this thread more as a result. :bee:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ M&S Guy
Glad to see my suggestion came in handy.
@Johnknight: None of that stuff I think I'll add to the main posts, that stuff doesn't really add in too much with whats there except maybe the Pre-Brawl trailer stuff which I'll think about.
I think most of the information I posted is fine where it is. As for the Pre-Brawl trailer stuff, the only thing I would add to your post is maybe to add that even though Brawl's physics and engine (the Havok engine) were clearly different than Melee's, the way it acted was pretty similar in development (and many of the advanced techniques translated over), even 2 months before the game came out.

You can also kinda see the same thing with Melee (having a lot of the "Smash 64 style") throughout the evolution of the game before its' release. Looking at how stages and stage design evolved and characters evolved from Melee's reveal up to right before its' release is proof of this.

The only reason I think that you might want to add that is because Smash WiiU and 3DS pre-release with have similar physics/content to Brawl, like Brawl and Melee before it.
Also already have the SamuraiPanda thread. :p
I just thought a quote of it right there for people will prevent people from posting crazy threads for anime and cartoon characters, although there still is Popeye thread already! :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Glad to see my suggestion came in handy.
Well if I had said it, it would have been a bit egotistic, so I'm glad that you did. :laugh:

The only reason I think that you might want to add that is because Smash WiiU and 3DS pre-release with have similar physics/content to Brawl, like Brawl and Melee before it.
That's what I was thinking too. Though I think in an interview he said that he wouldn't be able to build off Brawl for Smash 4 like he did with building off Melee for Brawl and would have to start an engine from scratch.

Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but I remember on the old thread that we complained about something like that. Good thing the prototype of the game is already done.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well if I had said it, it would have been a bit egotistic, so I'm glad that you did. :laugh:
You've been archiving this good stuff for years. Plus, it's not like we haven't had an archive thread before. There was one on the pre-Brawl release Brawl Boards. ;)
That's what I was thinking too. Though I think in an interview he said that he wouldn't be able to build off Brawl for Smash 4 like he did with building off Melee for Brawl and would have to start an engine from scratch.
They probably will/probably have transferred all the Brawl data to Smash WiiU (maybe Smash 3DS), and use some of it (and of course upgrade it), including everything. In fact, that might be the best way to transfer all the Brawl stages and songs into Smash WiiU and 3DS.
Can't remember it all off the top of my head, but I remember on the old thread that we complained about something like that. Good thing the prototype of the game is already done.
Yeah, but even with the prototype and possibly a different engine (I'm not sure if they'll use the newest edition of the Havok engine like what was done in Brawl or not), but the game's physics can still act like Brawl. Each smash game has unique physics, but before Melee's and Brawl's release, they still looked a lot like their predecessor. ;)

yani

Smash Lord
I found a magazine scan that has an interview with Yuji Naka (former head of Sonic Team). He states that Sonic in Melee was considered but time constraints did not allow them to continue with the idea.

Sonic Considered for Melee?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Yani: I actually think I have that NP issue somewhere so I'll take a look maybe. But I don't think it matters or changes too much....

Updated/bumped with the new Namco interview.

Andybill

Smash Rookie
I didn't play this game for very long, and I played it forever ago, but it didn't impress me in the slightest. Customisation is basically non-existant, when you log out you end up back in town which is annoying as hell. I also got stuck in the moat around the town, you don't swim you see, you just fall to the bottom and are unable to get back out unless you relog.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I didn't play this game for very long, and I played it forever ago, but it didn't impress me in the slightest. Customisation is basically non-existant, when you log out you end up back in town which is annoying as hell. I also got stuck in the moat around the town, you don't swim you see, you just fall to the bottom and are unable to get back out unless you relog.
This thread is reserved for posting and discussing the articles found and provided by people that relate to the Smash series. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it sounds like you should take it to either the Smash 4 General Thread or the Pool Room subfourm.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
The link for the interview with Suda51 regarding Travis touchdown for the next smash bros is a dead link now.

Other then that, a lot of really interesting information in these.

Oh and the guy above you --- is a bot, not an actual smash player.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright I fixed the NMH's link, thanks for telling me. Also added another Chronobound Japanese link that I missed.

A bot? I have no idea what a bot is to tell the truth, but okay? lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Updated with a new Hacked/Beta section with several new links and pics, the latest Harada interview, and an old Pre-Brawl thread for nostagia.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Text of a portion of the old NP SSBB article.

NP: How did you go about choosing which characters to include in the final roster? Were there any characters that you could have included, but weren't able to for what-ever reason?

MS: Of course there were some characters we couldn't include, but we've decided that we're just not going to talk about them. [Laughs] As far as choosing which characters, we had to really look at the series that would be represented in the game and create a balance that would make fans of all the series happy. We didn't want to have all Mario characters, all Pokémon characters... We looked at each series and tried to pick the characters that would have the widest appeal to the largest fan base. And of course, we looked at games like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs, where there aren't really any characters that lend themselves to fighting, and we decided not to include characters from those series as fighting characters. One thing that is kind of a challenge is that we haven't had a lot of new characters from Nintendo since Captain Olimar [that could work well in a fighting game]; a lot of games have been Mario titles or new iterations in existing series.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually already have that as a part of the Ridley NP scans. lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tales characters? The Namco Bandai mystery grows even deeper...

As a side note though, while they wouldn't be my first choice, I actually wouldn't mind getting Lloyd in Smash (would be kinda random like Snake too lol).

D

Deleted member

Thank you so much for bringing this thread. Hopefully people will be more informed.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
May or may not add that new link, as it's mostly stuff Sakurai has commented on before and can already be found here or is common sense of something he'd do due to the system it's on.

Doubt very many people will look but oh well. It's nice to see that it's still stickyed though, makes it much easier since this is a thread that isn't updated all that often. :bee:

Probably should change the thread title name if I can, just need to figure out how to edit it. :/

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know where that thing is where Sakurai screencapped that had Pit in #1? It was a magazine poll, was it a poll for Smash or just general popularity?

yani

Smash Lord
It was posted on his Twitter account (@Sora_Sakurai) and I believe it was general popularity. Should Sakurai's Twitter be added to the OP btw? :p

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Probably, but I don't think that piece of information should be added if it's not Smash-related (Sakurai pointing it out doesn't count).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty much why I haven't added it yet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
^I believe that particular article has been mentioned already.
Multiple times.
In multiple threads.
Using multiple sites.

Refer to ---'s #28 in this thread, and the post two posts before it. Haha.
:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not going to add that as it's more of an update rather than actual news. Really just is a marker that shows how far they're into development. And by all means it's rather dumb that people were starting to assume that we wouldn't get new characters.

Going to start betting that we won't get anything in the upcoming Nintendo Direct in the coming weeks due to this.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Not going to add that as it's more of an update rather than actual news. Really just is a marker that shows how far they're into development. And by all means it's rather dumb that people were starting to assume that we wouldn't get new characters.

Going to start betting that we won't get anything in the upcoming Nintendo Direct in the coming weeks due to this.
Oh no I don't want to wait until E3 2013 T - T

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
I was searching trough the Onlineshop of the "World of Games", when i came across this "Pre order Title":
http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/25851-Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U

I'm not 100% sure if it's legit, but it looks pretty trustworthy to me. I buy and preorder my games often at the World of Games, and they are quiet accurate and early informed...

I'm not sure if someone has postet this already, or if this even is the right place for it, but I hope u could use the Information given^^

http://www.wog.ch/nas/cover_large/wu/wu_supersmashbros.jpg

What du you think of this?

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I was searching trough the Onlineshop of the "World of Games", when i came across this "Pre order Title":
http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/25851-Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U

I'm not 100% sure if it's legit, but it looks pretty trustworthy to me. I buy and preorder my games often at the World of Games, and they are quiet accurate and early informed...

I'm not sure if someone has postet this already, or if this even is the right place for it, but I hope u could use the Information given^^

http://www.wog.ch/nas/cover_large/wu/wu_supersmashbros.jpg

What du you think of this?

meh, seems fake to me, i dont think they would put zero suit samus on the cover and not regular samus

Top Bottom