• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pegasus Knight: Caeda for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Overview

Caeda is the princess of Talys, daughter of its first king Mostyn. She befriended Marth of Altea during his two-year exile to Talys in the War of Shadows, calling upon him when the Galder pirates launched an assault on the nation, and subsequently joining his forces when he departed to raise an army against the Dolhr oppression. After the war, she and Marth became engaged, and she moved to Altea to live with him and assist in the restoration of the nation. When the army of Archanea came to conquer Altea, Marth's sister Elice convinced Caeda to flee in order to find and alert Marth as to Altea's fate, and assisted him throughout the rest of the War of Heroes.

So far she has appeared in Fire Emblem Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi, Monshou no Nazo, Shadow Dragon, Shin Monshou no Nazo, and Awakening. She is classified as a Pegasus Knight in every game, with her weapon of choice usually being the lance and her stats focusing on speed, luck, and skill. She is considered childish and jovial, although she can occasionally be quite gravely when prompted. She cares deeply about Marth's safety, but at the same time she doesn't want to be a burden to him.

Super Smash Bros. 4

An unusual choice of character at first, but being Marth's wife and Krom being a descendant of both of them, it would be a fitting mutual reference of sorts to have all three of them. Being able to utilize a lance also gives out some interesting options for ranged attacks, and having the tip doing more damage and knock back similar to Marth. Her speed on the ground and in the air would be abnormally high, but her attacks being a tad slow.

So, what do you think? Would you mind the wife of Marth joining the fight?​

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'll throw some support in for Caeda, being a major Fire Emblem character who doesn't use a sword.

I'm always a supporter of new stuff like that in smash. Usually. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
She has my support, I still prefer her to Roy and Krom.

smashbot226

Smash Master
A bit less likely due to little presence in Brawl sans sticker and not all that important in the grander scheme of things- Lyn is a female AND a Lord, plus she got in as an Assist Trophy- but it's still likely.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
She's a pegasus knight she won't be viable and there is a line of more important character infront of her even Roy who has such a bad chance of coming back will make it before Caeda.....

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Despite me barely having played any Fire Emblem games (I really need to get back to playing Sacred Stones from the 3DS ambassador programme, I barely bothered to get further from the tutorial at the beginning) There is surprisingly a lot of Fire Emblem characters I would love to see playable in Smash. So I guess I might as well support her too. A lot of Fire Emblem characters look so darn interesting and fun to play as.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Despite me barely having played any Fire Emblem games (I really need to get back to playing Sacred Stones from the 3DS ambassador programme, I barely bothered to get further from the tutorial at the beginning) There is surprisingly a lot of Fire Emblem characters I would love to see playable in Smash. So I guess I might as well support her too. A lot of Fire Emblem characters look so darn interesting and fun to play as.
She's so bland compared to other Fire Emblem characters...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You also forgot her amazing Pegasus that she can summon in her Final Smash, Kikwi-Kiwi.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You also forgot her amazing Pegasus that she can summon in her Final Smash, Kikwi-Kiwi.
As an entirety she looks like she could be quite an amazing fighter. I honestly don't know much else about her than the OP described but that Lance and her steed alone is enough to convince me to rather wanting to see her over Lyn as Fire Emblems female rep. She would definitely be a fresh change over yet another lord who uses a Blade.

Speaking of weapons. I don't know if this applies to other games in this series but in Sacred Stones (if I remember correctly) you had an option between Blades, Axes and lance (I think) in order to beat your enemies and whichever weapon was stronger would prove an advantage in beating your enemies. How come to date in the Fire Emblem department were still only getting blade users as playable characters and no users of other weaponry? (Besides that the main heroes usually use them)

I would love to see some more Axe and Lance users from Fire Emblem playable in smash. So I guess I'll support this lass for that alone (unless somebody can suggest a different Fire Emblem character that can use a Lance and/or a Pegasus.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

That guy deserve it more than Caeda.... Sothe with his awesome speed and stealthy abilities....Knife throwing,stealing,counter and a bunch of moves....unlike Caeda he had a trophy in the game...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't know anything about her (or Fire Emblem, for that matter), but if she's going to wield a spear, not only will it make her unique for her weapon alone, but she better have the melee range in her attacks to reflect her weapon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
She's so bland? Look at game and watch. Lance ftfw. Caeda makes for an interesting weapon weilder, something Fire Emblem hasn't had since Marth..

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
She's a pegasus knight she won't be viable and there is a line of more important character infront of her even Roy who has such a bad chance of coming back will make it before Caeda.....
Most of her artwork doesn't have her on her pegasus, not to mention in FE3 she could dismount off it.

That guy deserve it more than Caeda.... Sothe with his awesome speed and stealthy abilities....Knife throwing,stealing,counter and a bunch of moves....unlike Caeda he had a trophy in the game...
Probably just your opinion above, but if we're going my deserve by importance lets not forget she's been in more games, has been in a lot more media (anime, TGC, mangas, ect.). And to her credit, her importance in-game can be seen in a similar light as Sothe as they're both more or less pseudo-Lords. Also Caeda did technically have a sticker.

She also has a decent fanbase in Japan as well.

Krom can wield spears too...and Ephraim is a better Spear rep than Caeda
Pretty much just opinion right there (better?). But at least Caeda also uses swords (and also technically axes, though artwork gives her swords) unlike Ephraim.

I don't think she's likely anymore (would have to be dumb to think she has anything on Roy and Krom besides games, think we can all agree though, that she's in 3rd place after them right now) but seeing as this is a support thread I'm ready to go fanboy.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
She's so bland? Look at game and watch. Lance ftfw. Caeda makes for an interesting weapon weilder, something Fire Emblem hasn't had since Marth..

How many Fire Emblem game did you play ? and please leave the ****ing character choices for us because you don't seem to know jack**** about this game, she's as bland as ****, and did you know guys she can't use her lance unmounted in the original game, she only uses swords this is another reason she is only a lancer because she is on big *** Pegasus.

Most of her artwork doesn't have her on her pegasus, not to mention in FE3 she could dismount off it.

Probably just your opinion above, but if we're going my deserve by importance lets not forget she's been in more games, has been in a lot more media (anime, TGC, mangas, ect.). And to her credit, her importance in-game can be seen in a similar light as Sothe as they're both more or less pseudo-Lords. Also Caeda did technically have a sticker.

She also has a decent fanbase in Japan as well.

Pretty much just opinion right there (better?). But at least Caeda also uses swords (and also technically axes, though artwork gives her swords) unlike Ephraim.

I don't think she's likely anymore (would have to be dumb to think she has anything on Roy and Krom besides games, think we can all agree though, that she's in 3rd place after them right now) but seeing as this is a support thread I'm ready to go fanboy.
See Triple Dash, you are quite the reasonable guy, but Caeda doesn't desereve a spot, she is an awesome unit in her game ,but Ephraim is more deserving, he is the first Lord who used lances on foot, Ephraim >>>>>> Caeda for just being a Main character....and I don't think Sakurai rates character on weapon kind the only things that mattered in smash are things like , speed,power,reach,range,weight, and knockback....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
See Triple Dash, you are quite the reasonable guy, but Caeda doesn't desereve a spot, she is an awesome unit in her game ,but Ephraim is more deserving, he is the first Lord who used lances on foot, Ephraim >>>>>> Caeda for just being a Main character....and I don't think Sakurai rates character on weapon kind the only things that mattered in smash are things like , speed,power,reach,range,weight, and knockback....
Well it's nice to know that I have some respect. :embarrass:

But yeah, Ephraim is just above Caeda (she's about at the same level as Sothe though) on the deserving list as are most lords.

Weapons probably don't factor into much of anything overall (so forgive me if got caught up in that in my last post, fanboyism and whatnot), that's not to say they don't hurt. I for one would love to see Ike get an axe while Eruption goes back to maybe declone Roy.

A lot of these threads are fanboyish so you'll have to watch out and call people on mistakes (the directory thread is good for this). Just gotta try and keep your cool though.

Keeping on topic though, here's the moveset I made from before FE13 was even announced:

Cadea/Shiida

Attributes:
Caeda is a lightweight character similar to Fox (33th). Both her size and ground speed are both very close to Z.S. Samus (4-5th in both) due to her FE stats and light weaponry; while her ability to move around mid-air is high and close to Zelda's (13th).

Playstyle:
I see her as good overall on the ground but a nightmare in the air. Her attacks are quick and not very laggy, elegant in motion like Marth’s attacks, but are not very damaging or have very high knockback with either of her weapons. Therefore it would result in much of her gameplay centering on switching her weapons back and forth in order to fit the situation. In order to back her up in order to make kills she would have a very good recovery: 3 jumps, a glide, and limited flight with her U-Special. Unfortunately for her all of these aerial abilities come at a cost of being light weight and floaty.

Lance – Amazing range (slightly longer then Z.S. Samus’s whip), but terrible knockback, although the best knockback is sweet spotted at the tip of the lance,
Sword – Under average range (about Toon Link’s sword), but has better knockback then the lance,

Entrance - Flys in on her Pegasus, jumps off onto the stage as her Pegasus then flys into the background,

Neutral Special - Javelin/Sonic Sword - throws her lance a short distance, you charge it up like Link's Bow in order to gain distance and speed, but it makes her a sitting target, / slashes her sword to create a magic air slash, can't charge, little lag but lower priority than Javelin. Each does 6%,

Side Special - Pegasus Charge - dashes forward a short distance (3/5th the distance of the SF Side-S) and at the end slashes with her weapon, when she slashes it can be a Meteor Smash, think Wolf Flash but horizontal, does 3% during the dash, 10% on the weapon hit,

Up Special - Mount - mounts onto her Pegasus and is able to fly for a short period, same as Wings of Icarus,

Down Special - Weapon Change - Changes her weapon, from lance to sword and vice versa, lance is default.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack - launches opponent into the air and middle of the stage like Great Aether, the Pegasus Sisters (Palla, Catria, Est) appear from the background on their Pegasus's and do their signature Triangle Attack, 12% on the 1st hit, then 15% on each hit done by the Sisters, has an overall good knockback,

AAA - starts a rapid stabbing motion similar to Link's jab with her weapon, it may be held down, does 3% per hit,
Forward Tilt - leans forward and stabs opponent's with her weapon, think Ike’s F-Tilt. 8-10%
Up Tilt - a basic vertical slash, think Marth’s U-Tilt. 7-9%
Down Tilt – swipes once at the ground with her weapon, think Ike’s D-Tilt. 6-8%
Dash Attack – does a slide similar to Mario’s dash, it has a very laggy end. 7-8%

Neutral Air – spins her weapon in a horizontal position, 10-12%
Forward Air - same as F-Tilt but in the air, it has much less lag in comparison, 7-9%
Up Air - spins her weapon similar to Ike's U-Air, 10-12%
Down Air - thrusts her weapon downwards in a stabbing motion, can Meteor Smash (with the lance it may be the best in the game), 10-12%
Back Air - same as F-Air but backwards, has better knockback then it making it one of her few kill moves, 8-9%

Forward Smash – jumps slightly forward and slashes both of her weapons , sword 1st then the lance, it’s one of her few kill moves, has a good amount of lag in between weapons, Sword does 19-21%, Lance does 17-19%,
Up Smash - thrusts her equipped weapon up in the air in a motion similar to Marth’s U-Smash, has very little lag but has a low knockback (due to stabbing), 17-20%
Down Smash – slashes her weapon once forward then backwards in a similar to Marth’s D-Smash, 11-13%

Pummel – holds her weapon in one hand, the opponent in the other then, hits opponent with her knee, 2%
Forward Throw – bats the opponent forward with her weapon, it can Chain Grab, 5%
Up Throw - throws opponent up above her similar to Marth’s U-Throw, 3%
Down Throw - throws opponent down, jumps up and stabs them in the back with her weapon, it launches them upwards, does a great amount of damage, 10%
Back Throw – moves in front of the opponent, quickly turns around and bats them away with her weapon, has slightly more knockback then her F-Throw, 5%

Other:
3rd Jump – Summons her Pegasus briefly
Gliding - Summons her Pegasus
Glide Attack – jousts her weapon out for a quick sweep, as strong as Pit’s but has better range, is one of her killing moves, 12%

Taunts:
1. Playfully spins her lance/slashes her sword
2. Pets her Pegasus
3. Holds her weapon out, Says "I won't lose here!", if fighting Marth she says "Please stop my love..."

Costumes:
Green - Palla
Blue - Catria
Pink - Est
Orange - Elinca
White - Wedding Gown?

Kirby Hat: Gains her long blue hair, when copying her, he alternates between both her weapons,

Pros:
Fast
Amazing Range with her lance
Amazing Air game (next Jigglypuff?)
Best edgeguarder in the game (thanks to her Meteor Smash)
Can Chain Grab with her F-Throw
Great Recovery

Cons:
Poor Projectile
Low damage output
Very few kill moves
Light weight
Floaty

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Seems you've given in a fair amount of thought.
Still, why can't she be mounted on her pegasus? She could sort of be like meta knight - flys around and has quick attacks.

It would be very awkward having a small pegasus or grabbing a ledge while on a pegasus.

Caeda definitely doesn't have the best chances, but I personally wouldn't mind her inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom